SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Still not realising that all the pandering actually strengthens our court case?

Amazes me how this is often missed. We are 100% playing along to their tune trying to dismiss the notion that is “all about us”. I think she has played this amazingly well and is slowly but surely amping up the pressure and it’s working. I gave her undue pelters early doors but she’s shut me up ever since. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

tolcross lad
19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No strings attached by Hearts or AB but maybe the benefactors will want to retain control in spending of the cash. 

I would hope so.I may have misheard but Ann did say something along the lines that the money could be in the bank on Monday morning which made the gesture sound a bit open ended.I would not trust that SPFL lot with a bean.

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

The Times article is far too sensible and honest. You wont hear it repeated by the Scottish media. 

Speaking of which, has there been any mention of ‘AB’s’ philanthropic offer in any of the Sunday rags?

I can’t bring myself to go looking.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The media hatred is simple.

The Rangers died and the Hearts survived.

Basically, you have ******s with typewriters able to extol their bile day in day out to expel their bitterness with no editorial check. People wonder at the level of hatred. That's it right there. They would happily see the club go under because of what happened to Rangers and their self inflicted demise. Their bile extends beyond any care for the game. Not even close. Just my opinion.

I would in a soupçon of racism towards Vlad and a sprinkling of misogyny towards Budge, not just the media either. How dare these two try to change Scottish football in any way, it’s wonderful after all.

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Amazes me how this is often missed. We are 100% playing along to their tune trying to dismiss the notion that is “all about us”. I think she has played this amazingly well and is slowly but surely amping up the pressure and it’s working. I gave her undue pelters early doors but she’s shut me up ever since. 

You and me both.

Absolutely zero concerns about how she’s playing this.

WorldChampions1902
Just now, husref musemic said:

she said yesterday that they have the opinions of two QCs & are ready if and when.

i thought yesterday was an utter embarrassment to Doncaster.... just when you thought his incompetence can't get worse.

submit a paper in a week's time so we can look at the no strings attached free millions. 

Doncaster latest example of incompetence could be more sinister than that. By the statement he released yesterday, I believe he betrayed his intentions.

I think when Ann originally spoke to him about the philanthropists offer of testing for the lower leagues, he did not want it because it exempted the Premier. He knows that some top flight clubs cannot afford to provide this and I believe he would have ripped Ann’s hand off first time around had it included the Premier. He has now been exposed on live radio yesterday and has responded immediately because he had to, whilst accentuating the, “no strings” part of Ann’s statement. Which suggests to me that he wants to extend the coverage of that offer to the top flight teams.

I also suspect that he was reluctant to accept the initial offer because it would provide a real opportunity for lower league football to restart, when in fact that narrows his options I.e. limited or no lower league football makes it much easier for him to justify no promotion or relegation during the coming season.

BelgeJambo

Based on the Times article could the SPFL with consensus  not just reverse the relegation decision, promote two from each league, including the HFL and LL and then see who can play and who can’t and work it out from there financially

maybe daft, but I don’t know what would please these *****

21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm not sure I'd some of these shitehouse chairman not to spend it on other things then claim poverty. My choice would be for the companies doing the testing etc to directly invoice the benefactors. Keeps any cash away from grubby chairmen of pissant clubs. 

Direct invoicing would definitely be preferable to ensure the money was being spent as intended. 

I would doubt the benefactors would want this though as it could easily compromise their anonymity.

So unless the cash goes to SPFL a trust fund of some sort would need to be set up and trustees involved.

A generous offer soon very easily becomes an administrative burden.

I hope they just decide "**** it. Not worth the hassle" or even better increase our bung.

44 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Tell me IF it went to court and the judgement went in our favour that none of it was called correct would/could tic have their title stripped away?

I may be wrong but I think the court case would just get us a decent amount of compensation.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair point. 

But we shouldn't be demoted because the league was called early during a pandemic. 

If folk can't get on board with that, I don't think Hearts are for them tbh. 

I don’t disagree with that

BelgeJambo
1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

Direct invoicing would definitely be preferable to ensure the money was being spent as intended. 

I would doubt the benefactors would want this though as it could easily compromise their anonymity.

So unless the cash goes to SPFL a trust fund of some sort would need to be set up and trustees involved.

I hope they just decide "**** it. Not worth the hassle" or even better increase our bung.

Just put the dosh in Hearts’s account and we will run the SPFL for them 

Job Done 😃

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

Just getting a firm of accountants to handle it should ensure their anonymity is kept secure. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t disagree with that

The word you ate looking for is "agreed" 😘

WorldChampions1902
Just now, livi said:

I may be wrong but I think the court case would just get us a decent amount of compensation.

Challenging the legality of the SPFL voting shambles and our compensation which IMHO MUST be tied to the number of seasons we ultimately remain out of the top tier.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
26 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I agree with your point about the non sense that we are too big to go down, old firm fan type chat. However, we haven’t gone down on our own merits, we’ve been voted out the league and that for me is a different situation. Voting a club of our size out the top league, in the current climate, is mental and I don’t care if that upsets Hamilton fans and I also don’t care if we would or wouldn’t be bothered if the shoe was on the other foot. If Rangers had been top by 4 points with 24 points available, we’d be looking at 2 weeks and the top flight resuming like the EPL. That is a discussion for another day tho. We have been voted out due to self interest and our plans to try help save the game up here are being ignored due to self interest and pettiness. This is an opportunity for the “smaller” clubs to stick the boot into us and by the reaction of their fans across social media, they are loving it. Again, if we had been relegated having played 38 games then we’d have had to take our medicine, which we would’ve, and moved on. That hasn’t happened tho and we are 100% too big to be voted out without it having a massive impact on our game and product. 

All just my opinion of course bud and none of the above is me having a pop at you of course. 

That’s a good post.

Hugely frustrated by it all. And as an ardent critic of Budge’s, I’ve soften on that front. She’s handled this process really well in the main and even if she decides that legal action isn’t the way to go, I’d support her judgement. We need a different CEO for footballing reasons but that’s a separate argument and I’m tired of it tbh

John Findlay
16 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

If this man was still at Tynecastle,

Former Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov to stand trial over ...

one of these would be sailing up the Clyde this weekend

Sierra-class submarine - Wikipedia

Thank feck that is not the case.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The word you ate looking for is "agreed" 😘

Why use one word when five will do?

tolcross lad
8 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Doncaster latest example of incompetence could be more sinister than that. By the statement he released yesterday, I believe he betrayed his intentions.

I think when Ann originally spoke to him about the philanthropists offer of testing for the lower leagues, he did not want it because it exempted the Premier. He knows that some top flight clubs cannot afford to provide this and I believe he would have ripped Ann’s hand off first time around had it included the Premier. He has now been exposed on live radio yesterday and has responded immediately because he had to, whilst accentuating the, “no strings” part of Ann’s statement. Which suggests to me that he wants to extend the coverage of that offer to the top flight teams.

I also suspect that he was reluctant to accept the initial offer because it would provide a real opportunity for lower league football to restart, when in fact that narrows his options I.e. limited or no lower league football makes it much easier for him to justify no promotion or relegation during the coming season.

It has to something along the lines that you are suggesting.It was maybe Tom English yesterday who asked why was Doncaster not jumping in his car right away to meet these philanthropists.Doncaster knows that Hearts have benefactors and will know that Ann was not leading him down the garden path.He had a motive to block or delay.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would in a soupçon of racism towards Vlad and a sprinkling of misogyny towards Budge, not just the media either. How dare these two try to change Scottish football in any way, it’s wonderful after all.

I would agree with this. Through listening to Sportsound each Saturday afternoon I don't think I've ever listened to so many CEOs, directors, board members and journalists talk.

It's an ultimately depressing listen to some out of touch, out of date gammons. Week in, week out.

I think you'll be spot on actually. 

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Borders Jambo said:

Think we have to wait for the vote to strengthen our legal case but would think this is likely.

I don't know if I'm alone in this but this whole scenario has highlighted to me :

How disliked we are as a Club - not exactly sure why

How much we are moving to a situation where there are only 2 teams effectively playing for the title.

How corrupt the whole system is, not just for Hearts but others

How so many supposed Scottish football "experts" patently don't even read or prepare before they are on a national forum. and being paid by us as licence payers.  Or are simply too dim to be able to articulate or think effectively on the spot.  

I’m constantly amazed at how little preparation the very vast majority of these people do. The philanthropy money (although not quantified) was in the discussion paper. They have either not read the paper, if they have they didn’t understand it, or they simply chose to ignore it. Either way it is a sad state of affairs that those who supposedly “love the game” and are being paid to write/comment on it are less informed than a large section of supporters. Another reason Scottish football is an absolute joke!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

A football website I read did book recommendations for lockdown. One of them was about East Stirlingshire. Bought it and honestly, if you want to understand lower league football in Scotland you should read it. A total shambles

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, pablo said:

I would agree with this. Through listening to Sportsound each Saturday afternoon I don't think I've ever listened to so many CEOs, directors, board members and journalists talk.

It's an ultimately depressing listen to some out of touch, out of date gammons. Week in, week out.

I think you'll be spot on actually. 

Definitely. The lack of knowledge surrounding the situation is astonishing, they say stuff that you’ve seen on here discussed and shown with links etc to be nonsense. I think we all know far more about the rules of the SPFL than we ever needed to before. 

35 minutes ago, ford donald said:

The more she speaks out,the more she will be disliked by others,who want Hearts sent down.

You don't think AB should speak out. 

You don't think we should take legal action because you are fearful of SFA sanctions. 

What do you want us to do, sit on our hands while we are free every week without a league to play in  ?

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Why use one word when five will do?

Oh, you scamp! 

👍

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I know who needs to shut the **** up

and its not Mrs Budge. 

Does it not cross your mind that due to AB being the go between SPFL and possible benefactors Hearts will not be blamed for the roof falling in on some clubs after we win our case in court.

Just put  me on ignore ,thanks in advance 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Just put  me on ignore ,thanks in advance 

Have you nothing to add to the debate other than Budge should shut the **** up and anyone who disagrees with you should put you on ignore  ? 🤔 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely. The lack of knowledge surrounding the situation is astonishing, they say stuff that you’ve seen on here discussed and shown with links etc to be nonsense. I think we all know far more about the rules of the SPFL than we ever needed to before. 

There also seems to be a fair bit of contempt shown towards us from outside for NOT fulfilling our potential. Basically, everyone hates us for various reason. Feck em. Only Hearts.

18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just getting a firm of accountants to handle it should ensure their anonymity is kept secure. 

Yeah accountants could be appointed to oversee the account no doubt for a significant fee but I prefer the option that they decide not to bother if they cant just hand over the cash and thats their bit done. The diddies in the tombstone leagues deserve no help.

Pasquale for King
Just now, cameron79 said:

There also seems to be a fair bit of contempt shown towards us from outside for NOT fulfilling our potential. Basically, everyone hates us for various reason. Feck em. Only Hearts.

Absolutely. I think it’s been an eye opener for us all into how most feel towards us, again that’s jealously that we have money and have wasted it.

58 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Everyone has different opinions with regards to what happened with Rangers. I certainly felt strongly at the time they deserved  everything they got. Now, with being expelled ourselves I am not so sure. Different circumstances of course. 

I strongly disagree. Rangers were liquidated due to trying to compete with Celtic financially, and not paying the proper tax to do so. They had players in their books that had two contracts or side letters to bump up their wages, but not have to pay the tax associated with those wages. They were liquidated when this caught up with them. A new club was formed, and instead of having to go through a similar process to Gretna, and start at the very bottom and work their way up, they were allowed entry to the bottom tier of the professional game.

Hearts were at the bottom of the division when the result was called after an incomplete fixture card. We are being expelled from the division unnecessarily at a time when a financial tsunami is hitting the sport, and being punished for events outwith our control.

johnthomas
35 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Based on the Times article could the SPFL with consensus  not just reverse the relegation decision, promote two from each league, including the HFL and LL and then see who can play and who can’t and work it out from there financially

maybe daft, but I don’t know what would please these *****

The only daft thing is that you maybe believe the ***** would actually listen to commonsense

BelgeJambo

Kilmarnock must be on borrowed time or just ignorant to the fact Ann Budge mentioned in her Discussion paper Hearts will be willing to help fund testing and in her interview yesterday the benefactors cash injection is an option

Next please 

Imagine that fat pie eating gobshite’s reaction if Kilmarnock went tits up

“Ann Budge killed Killie”

Edited by BelgeJambo

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

Kilmarnock must be on borrowed time or just ignorant to the fact Ann Budge mentioned in her Discussion paper Hearts will be willing to help fund testing and in her interview yesterday the benefactors cash injection is an option

Next please 

kilmarnock. Another club that only survives on the old firm £

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

Next please 

I think the funding was for the lower divisions. 

58 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

49 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You and me both.

Absolutely zero concerns about how she’s playing this.

And I.

35 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s a good post.

Hugely frustrated by it all. And as an ardent critic of Budge’s, I’ve soften on that front. She’s handled this process really well in the main and even if she decides that legal action isn’t the way to go, I’d support her judgement. We need a different CEO for footballing reasons but that’s a separate argument and I’m tired of it tbh

Agree with your comments and I wonder if it's a good Director of Football we are lacking.  I think in terms of 'stewardship' AB does a good job, and financially in particular she's always going to run a good 'business'.  It's football leadership at the club that has been sadly lacking and she's not had the ability to see things quickly enough, especially reversing bad decisions after making them.      

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Exactly where Kilmarnock would spend most of their time, if they didn’t run their business on how many OF supporters they could ram in to their stadium each season.

21 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Yeah accountants could be appointed to oversee the account no doubt for a significant fee but I prefer the option that they decide not to bother if they cant just hand over the cash and thats their bit done. The diddies in the tombstone leagues deserve no help.

Donald Ford is/was an accountant,maybe he could do it at "mate's rates" 

WorldChampions1902
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It was/is but Doncaster is working on a cunning plan. See my post 20 minutes ago above.

David Black
4 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Agree with your comments and I wonder if it's a good Director of Football we are lacking.  I think in terms of 'stewardship' AB does a good job, and financially in particular she's always going to run a good 'business'.  It's football leadership at the club that has been sadly lacking and she's not had the ability to see things quickly enough, especially reversing bad decisions after making them.      

Ann has done a fantastic job on the financial/infrastructure of the club. The stadium is fantastic, but her ability on footballing matters is sadly lacking. Hence the need for a CEO with football knowledge who in turn employs a Sporting Director with plenty experience of the role. Everything else is in place. Ann should stay on in her capacity as Chairperson.

Assuming benefactors funding is only for the lower divisions. 

Premiership clubs who can't afford to pay for testing and play BCD should be expelled into the Championship where they would be entitled to assistance. 

They would then be able to play when the Championship is in a position to start. 

They could then be replaced by clubs who can afford to run their business without assistance. 

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely. I think it’s been an eye opener for us all into how most feel towards us, again that’s jealously that we have money and have wasted it.

We haven't wasted all of it but certainly the early years of prudent spending have been replaced with a more cavlier and ambitious spending programme that backfired. The infrastructure is still there and will be the legacy for which we will thank the present regime in years to come, although I accept that is not the way people will see it in the short-medium term.

Listen to the Chick Dung just now premier teams can’t afford testing (some of). They’re quoting using the new tv money for testing. Surely that would apply to all leagues then ?  

skinnybob72

Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and ourselves have a combined turnover in excess of £100m, ie decent sized businesses. 

Yet the game up here is still run by the SPFL and the SFA who think like a local bowling club committee. 

Austin MacGlee
33 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I strongly disagree. Rangers were liquidated due to trying to compete with Celtic financially, and not paying the proper tax to do so. They had players in their books that had two contracts or side letters to bump up their wages, but not have to pay the tax associated with those wages. They were liquidated when this caught up with them. A new club was formed, and instead of having to go through a similar process to Gretna, and start at the very bottom and work their way up, they were allowed entry to the bottom tier of the professional game.

Hearts were at the bottom of the division when the result was called after an incomplete fixture card. We are being expelled from the division unnecessarily at a time when a financial tsunami is hitting the sport, and being punished for events outwith our control.

Correct. Totally different scenarios. The huns cheated, we are victims of a global pandemic ffs.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Assuming benefactors funding is only for the lower divisions. 

Premiership clubs who can't afford to pay for testing and play BCD should be expelled into the Championship where they would be entitled to assistance. 

They would then be able to play when the Championship is in a position to start. 

They could then be replaced by clubs who can afford to run their business without assistance. 

Correct.

In fact, if they can't afford to play they need to withdraw from the leagues altogether.

It's only one step above admin.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Under absolutely no circumstances should premier teams receive any of the funding ,

Absolutely!

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, parwj said:

Listen to the Chick Dung just now premier teams can’t afford testing (some of). They’re quoting using the new tv money for testing. Surely that would apply to all leagues then ?  

Why waste your sense of hearing listening to that chuntering no-mark?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )