SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, 5-1Jambo said:

The benefactor in question has been putting money into Scottish sport for a number of years, not just into Hearts. All they ask for is anonymity. Is that too much to ask for. 

sadly for some people it would be. just look at things that have happened in scottish football such as rangers coming out with who are these people or the standard question which school did you go to

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Did you hear her say it? I didn’t! I could google it but I don’t think even google can find things that aren’t there.

listen to the interview with McLoughlin first half hour of yesterdays sportsound where she did confirm no strings attached - McLoughlin pressed her twice to make sure this was not conditional on Hearts position

The luminary Willie Miller etc then thought "aye barry" a load of money for the premiership - which was not what was discussed it was assistance for lower league teams.......getting to a point where leagues could start....

The premiership teams obviously don't need money they've just voted to throw out one of the top traveling supports in their league for no logical reason 3/4 way (Their Rules) through a season.

6 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Doncaster must go. He's overseen this shambles whilst pocketing an obscene amount of money. 

£73,147 (gross) since lockdown started (if his £388k is accurate).

1 hour ago, gator said:

Does anyone else think tomorrow is going to be the day where after meeting with the top clubs and realizing there is no way forward with reconstruction that Ann finally turns to the legal route?

She is aware reconstruction is failing as it stands. Her next move to avoid court action will be to wait until the list of clubs willing and able to play in the Premier and Championship is finalised and we see what side of the wall we dropped down into. That will need to be done and set in stone by June 11th at the very latest. If we are still a championship club by the time the Premiership clubs start training, and/or the fixtures come out, she’ll call time and go legal.

Just now, Boof said:

£73,147 (gross) since lockdown started (if his £388k is accurate).

that wont include his £90k bonus for the 'bumper' tv deal

Ethan Hunt
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Says a guy who got rebuked for asking someone to give him a link to ABs interview. 

Is there much space up there beside you , on the moral high ground ?

The difference was I knew the answer to my question. There was no link to it because she didn’t say it during her interview. Given that I have proven that the rebuker seems to have melted away after his initial response. Funnily enough another poster who has been proven wrong and didn’t have the decency to admit he might have got the wrong end of the stick. 

In addition, the poster I answered is never a Hearts fan in his life and merely trolls when on here.

Now, that’s two of you that have butted I’m trying to be smart arses but only succeeded in making an arse of yourselves.

Anything else I can help you with? Or are you gonna keep up in future?

ford donald
18 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Budge now has to stop appearing in public and speaking. It is not helping. All she is doing is hardening everyone's position against us.

Is a bit like JKB was under Cathro or Levein. The more people discuss or argue, the more their position becomes entrenched. No-one will change their mind now.

Be it jealousy over our funding, long standing grievances or perhaps because she is a women trying to do the right thing, they don't get it. It's time to stop.

By her own comments, it is clear she has accepted we are Championship team now, albeit one with a grievance. as such, the gloves must come off now.

Make it clear that legal action is now commencing and we are expecting X £million compensation. Start giving the premiership teams something to be concerned over. Try to stop the league starting in August. Become as disruptive as humanly possible. The time for fairness and decency is over.

Making a statement about not taking away tickets for next season when the virus allows or when we are back in the premiership is a must for me. This will really hurt teams where it hurts and ensure they will not gain from us being in the Championship.

As a football club on the pitch, we have been an absolute shambles inder Budge. It's her fault for not dealing with Levein 18 months ago. Although I will support Budge 100% through legal action, when this is all over, I am expecting her to stand down for gross incompetence on the football side.

I really miss Romanov.

Well said mate.

WorldChampions1902
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It was clear that was the case. The conversation along with another Chairman implied he might have a witness to any ‘conditions‘. However! and I’ll keep repeating it. If you read the original document submitted by AB you’ll see she refers to the benefactors offering us assistance and us being willing to share that assistance with other others. It is one paragraph and doesn’t go into great detail. In her Sportsound interview she did not say there were or were not conditions, strings attached, or anything else. It was mentioned by her and McLaughlin never questioned it any further. 

There is an attempt to discredit AB here. Until she confirms it herself I have not heard or seen anything other that there are people backing Hearts, they are continuing to back Hearts, and they are willing to help lower league teams.

Doncaster, by trying to be wide, might just piss the benefactors off enough that he’ll be responsible for losing a large sum from the game. This is not a time for him to be politicking. Given his incompetence in finding a league sponsor, and putting the game into civil war, he should be on his knees kissing Ann’s feet.

I know whose version of events I would believe, and it wouldn’t be Doncaster.

I did read Ann’s original paper and you are correct. If his disgusting behaviour towards Ann continues, I agree there Is every possibility that the benefactors could withdraw their offer and that would be a tragedy but solely down to the behaviour of one man. It seems he will stoop to any level to paint everyone else (us) in a bad light.

Hopefully, this whole shambles is the beginning of the end for him - I have my doubts.

The Verminator
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

She is aware reconstruction is failing as it stands. Her next move to avoid court action will be to wait until the list of clubs willing and able to play in the Premier and Championship is finalised and we see what side of the wall we dropped down into. That will need to be done and set in stone by June 11th at the very latest. If we are still a championship club by the time the Premiership clubs start training, and/or the fixtures come out, she’ll call time and go legal.

Completely off topic but I`m dying to know if you won your bet with the bloke who thought you were Hibs/Celtic!

Kirky Jambo
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It may week be. But literally 20 seconds after the interview was finished the words “no strings attached” were spoken by Dick Gordon. If that has subsequently become the narrative why leave it out the interview?

Yes and if I recall rightly he had just made some smarmy comment about Ann Budge admitting her reconstruction proposals were entirely motivated by self interest. When in  fact what she said was she is obviously fighting harder due to Hearts position but also is doing it for the good of the game and would vote for it if Hearts weren’t in this position.

The point being the Sportsound team instantly separated the two issues and started all the “free money” talk when in fact I expect Ann would be saying that these guys putting money in will expect it to be put to good use (ie ensuring teams can compete and resources are used sensibly - which Ann talked about in her discussion paper)

1 hour ago, gator said:

Does anyone else think tomorrow is going to be the day where after meeting with the top clubs and realizing there is no way forward with reconstruction that Ann finally turns to the legal route?

I really hope so.

1 hour ago, gator said:

Not yet, it's already been mentioned by SJ that we might find out what's happening by end of next week.  Going by the recent info about the philanthropists that will need discussed, as well as the meeting with the clubs, several meetings.  That could last a few days.  Then maybe they will try make up a plan within the spfl boardroom.  Maybe next Sunday I personally would expect some progress.  If none, court is only way forward after that. 

I might even push any decision to be made 2 weeks from now, just out of a lot happening.  Who knows what's coming next.  We might get a sponsor popping their head around the corner saying "Hi, can I get involved".  I think there has to be a time limit on next season getting fixture list, but not now.  Still got enough time.

The Mercer Takeover
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It's too late then.

The action needs to start now to concentrate minds. So far we have been following a timeline and a set of rules set out by the SPFL. It's our time to make up the rules or we get shafted.

All that is going to happen is that 12 Premiership clubs will say they can ALL start on time and have the resources to complete the season, whether this is true or not. If they run into financial difficulty, they will finish the season with kids or therules will be changed for this one year. 

Get the legalities started and add to the pressure on the teams. Do not let them get time to fudge the rules further.

17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This makes sense, we might well end up having our expulsion ruled null and void due to the failings of one or more top flight clubs or would the SPL go ahead and play with a reduced number of teams and keep us down? Nothing would surprise me anymore in this shit show!

Commander lovemuscle

Sorry if already been asked, but we are guaranteeing fans 18 matches at Tynecastle if we buy a season ticket for the 2020/21 campaign.

Now my Question is , if we are in the championship and clubs are saying that it could be a 18 game season , Then how is that going to work ?  or am I thinking this all wrong ?

2 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

It's too late then.

The action needs to start now to concentrate minds. So far we have been following a timeline and a set of rules set out by the SPFL. It's our time to make up the rules or we get shafted.

All that is going to happen is that 12 Premiership clubs will say they can ALL start on time and have the resources to complete the season, whether this is true or not. If they run into financial difficulty, they will finish the season with kids or therules will be changed for this one year. 

Get the legalities started and add to the pressure on the teams. Do not let them get time to fudge the rules further.

I suspect the two QCs that are advising her will have given her advice on how to proceed. Unless you are a QC yourself, and offering her some experienced legal advice, then I’d say she is probably doing things in exactly the right order and to exactly the right timeline.

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Commander lovemuscle said:

Sorry if already been asked, but we are guaranteeing fans 18 matches at Tynecastle if we buy a season ticket for the 2020/21 campaign.

Now my Question is , if we are in the championship and clubs are saying that it could be a 18 game season , Then how is that going to work ?  or am I thinking this all wrong ?

Currently, there no guarantees of anything. Worst case is that our season is mothballed.

2 minutes ago, Commander lovemuscle said:

Have you read the statement on the club website? 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-guarantee-pledge

"If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability."  

Commander lovemuscle
Just now, SUTOL said:

Have you read the statement on the club website? 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-guarantee-pledge

"If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability."  

Sorry I did not. cheers for the reply

Ethan Hunt
11 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

listen to the interview with McLoughlin first half hour of yesterdays sportsound where she did confirm no strings attached - McLoughlin pressed her twice to make sure this was not conditional on Hearts position

The luminary Willie Miller etc then thought "aye barry" a load of money for the premiership - which was not what was discussed it was assistance for lower league teams.......getting to a point where leagues could start....

The premiership teams obviously don't need money they've just voted to throw out one of the top traveling supports in their league for no logical reason 3/4 way (Their Rules) through a season.

I’ve listened to it for a third time. She brings up the subject without prompting. She sounds exacerbated. She states that she has taken an opportunity to the SPFL. Philanthropists wanting to help lower leagues. B McL clarifies (22:25 into podcast) by asking “so this is actual money, from people you know, not associated with Hearts but they simply  want to to offer clubs in the lower leagues money to help them get through this”. AB answers telling him they are philanthropists, etc. BMcL then asks “what’s has the response been from the league Ann”. AB says put a paper in etc. BMcL then ask”And will you” referring to the the paper she needs to put in. AB then says yes I have no choice, etc. BMcL then asks whether Hearts would be in a position to play 36 games in the championship.and the subject is never mentioned again in the interview.

So, unless there is a longer interview that I haven’t heard at no point did AB say what is being attributed to her.

The Mercer Takeover
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I suspect the two QCs that are advising her will have given her advice on how to proceed. Unless you are a QC yourself, and offering her some experienced legal advice, then I’d say she is probably doing things in exactly the right order and to exactly the right timeline.

Perhaps.

We are up against a private club however and they can make up any rules they like. We are no longer in the SPFL.

Ethan Hunt
22 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Yes and if I recall rightly he had just made some smarmy comment about Ann Budge admitting her reconstruction proposals were entirely motivated by self interest. When in  fact what she said was she is obviously fighting harder due to Hearts position but also is doing it for the good of the game and would vote for it if Hearts weren’t in this position.

The point being the Sportsound team instantly separated the two issues and started all the “free money” talk when in fact I expect Ann would be saying that these guys putting money in will expect it to be put to good use (ie ensuring teams can compete and resources are used sensibly - which Ann talked about in her discussion paper)

I’ve listened to it for a third time. She never said it and was never pressed about whether there were strings attached. This is a ploy to discredit her and Hearts. She clearly says in her paper that the benefactors are helping Hearts and she wants to share that help.

1 minute ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Perhaps.

We are up against a private club however and they can make up any rules they like. We are no longer in the SPFL.

That's news to me. Do you mean "no longer in the Premiership"?

Ex member of the SaS

For all the hate, Doncaster is no fool, He has wormed his way through years of poor governance and is still there. He knew reconstruction was doomed to fail as Lawwell told him at the start, this whole scenario was all about giving Celtic the title. Now thanks to some sneaky handling he has conned Ann into doing the dirty work, thus taking the limelight off himself once again.

Time now to make a stand. Reconstruction is dead and the minute it is confirmed she should start legal proceedings. To wait until a fixture list comes out would be a mistake, as that is just another hurdle to over come during the " trial". Celtic are desperate for season ticket cash and the releasing of a fixture list will con the support into buying.

Been reported that come December and no income from games and Celtic will have big worries, what we need is clarity before then or they will use all their influence to get things set in stone, and if that happens, we will be in the Championship. Celtic don't care if they play any games as long as they are playing and generating an income. Time has run out, if they clubs can't see it then shove their faces in it with court action.

Whatsthefuture
14 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Not yet, it's already been mentioned by SJ that we might find out what's happening by end of next week.  Going by the recent info about the philanthropists that will need discussed, as well as the meeting with the clubs, several meetings.  That could last a few days.  Then maybe they will try make up a plan within the spfl boardroom.  Maybe next Sunday I personally would expect some progress.  If none, court is only way forward after that. 

I might even push any decision to be made 2 weeks from now, just out of a lot happening.  Who knows what's coming next.  We might get a sponsor popping their head around the corner saying "Hi, can I get involved".  I think there has to be a time limit on next season getting fixture list, but not now.  Still got enough time.

I am with SJ on this one in or around the 11th. This is moving all the time 90 pages on regulations just for training. The realisation of costs will have some chairmen sh*ting a brick tomorrow and the debate will move again. Celtic are desperate to have this moving for their European monies. Doncaster for his SKY money. If SKY falls through The game in Scotland is close to dead or survival of a few with some in hibernation. 

10 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Perhaps.

Yes we are. We are currently in the SPFL Championship. We are trying to fight our expulsion from the SPFL Premiership. The SPFL’s rules are not above the law of the land.

48 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

The benefactor in question has been putting money into Scottish sport for a number of years, not just into Hearts. All they ask for is anonymity. Is that too much to ask for. 

For scottish football yes, different breed of sporting mentality.

Enjoyed wakening up to this carnage.  A reasonable interpretation is that Hearts benefactors have grabbed the SPFL by the testicles.  Absolute masterstroke to restrict a completely free gift of millions of pounds to clubs outwith the premiership.

What will these clubs say if the offer is turned down? What will the SPFL say if other premiership clubs join Killie in saying they can't afford testing?

Oh what a tangled web we weave.....

Benny Factor

Going back to "The Vote", it was mentioned both by Doncaster on the radio and in print (and McLennan in his own Q and A) that it wasn't viable to go through all 42 clubs to check that they weren't a "credit risk" and that this was the reason that they couldn't issue loans/advances of the end of season payments.

The SPFL are now going to HAVE to do this before they hand another penny over to any club. When you read that some top-flight clubs can't even afford the testing kits it's quite clear that the abyss is even closer for some teams than they think(or want to believe).

The Mercer Takeover
12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes we are. We are currently in the SPFL Championship. We are trying to fight our expulsion from the SPFL Premiership. The SPFL’s rules are not above the law of the land.

Of course they are not above the law.

What for example is to stop them changing the rules within their own little SPFL club, which we are no longer part of.  Perhaps on the penalties for clubs going into administration. They can do whatever they like we are now not part on it.

The point I was making, was that the sooner we start action, the less chance the SPFL  teams have of fudging their own rules for this coming season.

23 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’ve listened to it for a third time. She brings up the subject without prompting. She sounds exacerbated. She states that she has taken an opportunity to the SPFL. Philanthropists wanting to help lower leagues. B McL clarifies (22:25 into podcast) by asking “so this is actual money, from people you know, not associated with Hearts but they simply  want to to offer clubs in the lower leagues money to help them get through this”. AB answers telling him they are philanthropists, etc. BMcL then asks “what’s has the response been from the league Ann”. AB says put a paper in etc. BMcL then ask”And will you” referring to the the paper she needs to put in. AB then says yes I have no choice, etc. BMcL then asks whether Hearts would be in a position to play 36 games in the championship.and the subject is never mentioned again in the interview.

So, unless there is a longer interview that I haven’t heard at no point did AB say what is being attributed to her.

That's the way I remembered it as well. 

It was the muppets on the studio that started banging on about multi million pound investment. 

I think TE and BMc had mentioned these benefactors should be taken seriously because the had given Hearts around

9 million pound. 

That seemed to be the green light for them all banging on about multi millions. 

I got the impression they were deliberately raising expectations to be mischievous. 

BelgeJambo
3 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

Going back to "The Vote", it was mentioned both by Doncaster on the radio and in print (and McLennan in his own Q and A) that it wasn't viable to go through all 42 clubs to check that they weren't a "credit risk" and that this was the reason that they couldn't issue loans/advances of the end of season payments.

The SPFL are now going to HAVE to do this before they hand another penny over to any club. When you read that some top-flight clubs can't even afford the testing kits it's quite clear that the abyss is even closer for some teams than they think(or want to believe).

Good point

might take a while to work out the Sevco’s

BelgeJambo
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It was the muppets on the studio that started banging on about multi million pound investment. 

I think TE and BMc had mentioned these benefactors should be taken seriously because the had given Hearts around

9 million pound. 

I got the impression they were deliberately raising expectations to be mischievous. 

Also remember, Willie Miller’s first comment was “fantasy “

Somebody must of prodded him to change his attitude 

6 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Of course they are not above the law.

What for example is to stop them changing the rules within their own little SPFL club, which we are no longer part of.  Perhaps on the penalties for clubs going into administration. They can do whatever they like we are now not part on it.

The point I was making, was that the sooner we start action, the less chance the SPFL  teams have of fudging their own rules for this coming season.

We are still in the SPFL.

Ethan Hunt
17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

9 million pound. 

I would agree. That’s why it’s important that we don’t get sidetracked attributing other people’s words to Ann Budge. Her initial paper outlines the situation. The benefactors are helping Hearts and are prepared for Hearts to share the benefactors help with lower league teams.

Doncaster will attempt to manipulate this to discredit AB. The last thing we need is Hearts supporters believing misinformation. Hopefully AB clarifies the attempt at mischief making.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

When the time comes for Premiership club fans to have to stop laughing at us and realise just what's ahead for their own clubs,    i hope they suffer badly.

Ethan Hunt
5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Also remember, Willie Miller’s first comment was “fantasy “

Somebody must of prodded him to change his attitude 

In fairness to him I think he chose his word wrong. Easy to do when you are as simple as him. He did use that word but to him it was a fantasy- in other words he couldn’t believe - that Doncaster having had that offer didn’t get in his car and go and talk to the people about it.

I think Miller was genuinely shocked that the offer was there and Doncaster had said put a paper in. Miller was just being Miller with his poor choice of word. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In fairness to him I think he chose his word wrong. Easy to do when you are as simple as him. He did use that word but to him it was a fantasy- in other words he couldn’t believe - that Doncaster having had that offer didn’t get in his car and go and talk to the people about it.

I think Miller was genuinely shocked that the offer was there and Doncaster had said put a paper in. Miller was just being Miller with his poor choice of word. 

I generally think Miller is an idiot but I think your explanation is correct just from the tone of his voice, others commented during the show yesterday about him being shocked by all of this!

BelgeJambo
8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Naaaaa

He’s a sleekit  ******* that would stab you in the back.  That was his career and he was good at it.

😃

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Commander lovemuscle said:

Carries over to 2021/22 until we get the 18 games.  Simples.

25 minutes ago, luckydug said:

9 million pound. 

It was Brian who first said it was his "understanding" that is was multiple millions of pounds and it was his "understanding" that there were no strings attached. 

Dick Gordon said yesterday that all but five players at Aberdeen have been furloughed. I thought they had all been deferred, so when did that change?

So the govt picking up the bulk of their wage tab yet they have a chairman with a fortune.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, sac said:

Dick Gordon said yesterday that all but five players at Aberdeen have been furloughed. I thought they had all been deferred, so when did that change?

So the govt picking up the bulk of their wage tab yet they have a chairman with a fortune.

And Im sure he sleeps well at night. 

I also think the "no strings attached" part comes from Brian M, but in specific relation to being to do with Hearts having to be in the Prem for the money to be available. That string is not attached. It doesn't mean there aren't some restrictions. 

johnthomas
19 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Cosgrove didn't use the word fantasy but completely dismissed it as nonsense . Stating these kind of philanthropists basically don't exist . Ignoring the fact Hearts have done rather well from these mythical creatures

His incredible bitterness totally nullifies his ability to think (he isn't a dummy).

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I would agree. That’s why it’s important that we don’t get sidetracked attributing other people’s words to Ann Budge. Her initial paper outlines the situation. They benefactors are helping Hearts and are prepared for Hearts to share the benefactors help with lower league teams.

Doncaster will attempt to manipulate this to discredit AB. The last thing we need is Hearts supporters believing misinformation. Hopefully AB clarifies the attempt at mischief making.

Correct and I hope everyone on here and everyone else of a Hearts persuasion can see through our enemies deception. 

Riccarton3
11 minutes ago, sac said:

I know we went down the wage cut route but why didn't we use the furlough scheme?  Probably a simp!e answer.

So if they furlough, their players are not on reduced wages at all?

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I know we went down the wage cut route but why didn't we use the furlough scheme?  Probably a simp!e answer.

So if they furlough, their players are not on reduced wages at all?

Furlough pays a maximum of £2500 per month.

So their top earners will be down by quite some margin.

No bad press tho. Can only imagine if we’d done similar.

Edited by Whatever

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )