SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Imagine having to get potentially life saving funds arranged for you by a pensioner, who's been in her job far less time than you, and still have the check to earn nearly 400k a year. 

Honestly, fxxxxxxxxxk this lot. 

And offers to step in once it appears to be over the line. :lol: 
No doubt claim it as a personal victory and get a good bonus out of it. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

livingstonjambo
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Will be interesting to see if he changes his stance on that after AB conceded her reconstruction proposal had no chance of success.  

If you had paid any attention to any of her interviews you would realise that its not actually a proposal, its a starting point for discussion on the future setup. This will not be going out for a vote!

3 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Imagine having to get potentially life saving funds arranged for you by a pensioner, who's been in her job far less time than you, and still have the check to earn nearly 400k a year. 

Honestly, fxxxxxxxxxk this lot. 

Put simply, Doncaster doesn’t give a **** about anyone below Celtic and Rangers. He doesn’t see the need to find money or support for anyone else.

niblick1874
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Exactly. The game here is run by imbeciles. 

They are not imbeciles. They are corrupt.

17 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Seven figures of funding potentially on the table and the chief executive was (a) unclear about who was actually going to talk to the funders and (b) was

happy to leave further discussion of the seven figure funding to an individual club chairman?

Exactly what I was thinking. It sounds like he either wasn't really listening to what Ann was telling him or he thought she was talking nonsense and the penny just dropped when he heard it on the radio. 

BelgeJambo
6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Chances of the SFPL keeping the benefactors names secret less than zero. I'd walk away now.

Unless it’s a Mexican Cartel

Those boys can take care of breaks in silence

jambopilms

The only way I see us being in the top league is if a team says they can't play with no supporters and I think that's highly unlikely.

Ethan Hunt
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

As I said, we appear to be different types of people.

Did you go back and read the posts? 

Or are you the type of person that makes a song and dance and doesn’t have the decency to admit you might be wrong? Is that the type or person you are? 

Edited by Ethan Hunt

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure how keeping us in Premiership has anything to do with funding other clubs.

It would help us get 36 games in Championship. 

Well if the funding is to tide them over whilst being mothballed I can understand that, we need to restructure leagues then.  If the funding is to enable them to start in august then what argument have we got to play in the SPL other than it's unfair expulsion/demotion, that then has to go to court.   The projected vote for Anns proposal is negative so then it's back to dealing again.  Doncaster going to force a decision, I don't know.  I am confused a bit.

I think we have a lot going our way, but I am seeing things going against us.  So I am confused how we win.  

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Did you go back and read the posts? 

Or are you the type of person that makes a song and dance and doesn’t have the decency to admit you might be wrong? Is that the type or person you are? 

:D Geoffrey Howe lives on.

niblick1874
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Neil Doncaster - "put in a paper"

Ann Budge - "just feck off"

I am hopping that is exactly what happens. Tonight would be good

husref musemic
37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

quick fire 😂

On outside investment, Budge says the SPFL asked her to "put a paper in and they will discuss it next week".

10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We’ve just announced twice that number of new pledgers/pledges/increased pledges. 

And their vote is just as valuable as ours, as others have said part time clubs should not have that much influence on multi million pound organizations!

How perverse would this scenario be:

We provide benefactors to fund the lower leagues so they can play.

The lower league clubs vote for us to be expelled and no to reconstruction.

We take the league to court and the lower league clubs lose all the money we provided them with.

It makes absolutely zero sense, any of this. What on Earth is it with the lower league clubs hating us and wanting to see us unfairly punished so much? It’s utter madness. 😄

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

jack D and coke
Just now, EIEIO said:

I must say I felt more positive about reconstruction yesterday than I am feeling today.

Yeah me too. 
Could also be the peev tho😬😋😋

brunoatemyhamster

We'd be aswell taking them to court, bring the whole lot down, mothballing and putting a fund together for a return at a later date. 

Let them deal with this shambles. 

They can't help themselves and they don't want help. 

Wed be back. Doubt the majority would. 

Whole things been an embarrassment. 

Hope these investors have been listening and changed their minds. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Yeah me too. 
Could also be the peev tho😬😋😋

I 've only had 2 small cans of brew dog lager, these benefactors whilst making an arse out of Doncaster have muddied the waters for me.

Maybe there's a cunning plan.

8 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Agree they must have some smarts to be getting away with this corruption for so long, perhaps the rest of us are imbeciles?🤨

7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What did Doncaster email? I must have missed it.

Not sure.

Doncaster contacted Sportsound.

Then SPFL issued statement.

20200530_164110.jpg

9 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

If you had paid any attention to any of her interviews you would realise that its not actually a proposal, its a starting point for discussion on the future setup. This will not be going out for a vote!

To be fair her statement had her original idea for reconstruction,  although she did point out things have changed since she wrote it up, so should expect some flexibility in going forward.

It's looking like court or Doncaster making an exec decision for me.

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

I must say I felt more positive about reconstruction yesterday than I am feeling today.

You're not the only one. :)

Especially now that Celtic are trying to "encourage" the SPFL to to release the fixture list for next season.

I would hazard to say that the publishing of the fixture list should be considered a trigger for Ann to let the lawyers loose as it would show that reconstruction efforts are dead in the water.

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We take the league to court and the lower league clubs lose all the money we provided them with.

It makes absolutely zero sense, any of this. What on Earth is it with the lower clubs Haring is and wanting to see us unfairly punished so much? It’s utter madness. 😄

"Hi Guys - here's £1M for the lower leagues - to pay for testing until we can all. admit paying customers. You can use your first slice of the TV money  to get you going and , who knows, maybe even the "big clubs" will give you some of their millions ? No hard feelings"

Ann.

Scottish football should hang its head in shame. As a whole, this is a business that deserves to fail. If it wasn't football, it would fail - it might yet anyway.

Run by morons for the benefit of morons. None of these people could be trusted to run a bath. 

We need a brand new organisation to run the game. The only stipulation should be that none of the people currently "running" the game be allowed anywhere near a position of authority.

We all know that Scottish football has been f#@ked for years. It is now on a life support machine and its own members are trying to pull the plug.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It makes absolutely zero sense, any of this. What on Earth is it with the lower clubs Haring is and wanting to see us unfairly punished so much? It’s utter madness. 😄

I honestly don’t want any club to go out of business during this but if as it seems there are some clubs who want to really wound Hearts then they can burn man. 
Budge is seriously redeeming herself for me. 
Offering to save all their arses here. 

10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The only way I see us being in the top league is if a team says they can't play with no supporters and I think that's highly unlikely.

I was thinking Hamilton, albeit they were testing out some deep cleaning methods for returning to playing, whilst under financial scrutiny.  Confusing stuff everywhere.

niblick1874
2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Rejoice. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I 've only had 2 small cans of brew dog lager, these benefactors whilst making an arse out of Doncaster have muddied the waters for me.

Maybe there's a cunning plan.

Even melted I think I could make an erse out of that goon. 
Get wired in man🍻😋

husref musemic

Cosgrove just now : "i don't believe anything regarding Anne's philanthropist, utter nonsense"

just called Anne a liar !

Just now, niblick1874 said:

Rejoice. 

Unlikely mate I'm a Hearts fan I take thinks too seriously.

Just now, husref musemic said:

Cosgrove just now : "i don't believe anything regarding Anne's philanthropist, utter nonsense"

Wow.   

10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It makes absolutely zero sense, any of this. What on Earth is it with the lower league clubs hating us and wanting to see us unfairly punished so much? It’s utter madness. 😄

Yeah I was thinking similar.

9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

They can’t seem to get past the idea that we’re complaining because we think we’re too big to go down rather than because it’s ridiculously unjust.

Wankers, the lot of them.

1 minute ago, husref musemic said:

Needs a good kick in the nuts ..ersehole

lost in space

Saying you don't believe someone is not calling them a liar.

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Corrupt imbeciles.

3 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

Just show him Hearts accounts.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Wow.   

I will look forward to the grovelling apology and for the BBC to suspend or dismiss him...for the purposes of fairness if the story is not true then he would be quite right to tell us 'I told you so'

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Whut?

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

She’s made a mistake or two at Hearts. 
She ain’t a liar. 
Im really starting to dislike that speccy ****ing prick. 

husref musemic
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just show him Hearts accounts.

he followed up with along the lines of "as if somebody is walking about the street with pockets of money to give to Scottish football, utter nonsense"

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I honestly don’t want any club to go out of business during this but if as it seems there are some clubs who want to really wound Hearts then they can burn man. 
Budge is seriously redeeming herself for me. 
Offering to save all their arses here. 

She’s never really been out of my good books overall. I do totally understand why others have felt differently though. No gripe with that. I even had a bit of a flaky when it appeared she was maybe not going to take legal action if these utter dicks didn’t yield. 

She’s sticking up for the club and the supporters. That’s all I demand from any owner.

Guess The Crowd
12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’ve seen it suggested on twitter that the benefactors sponsor the league, only problem being they wish to remain anonymous.

So how about this? They pass the money anonymously to Hearts, and we sponsor the league that we’ve been expelled from. After we’ve sued them, of course.

The Heart of Midlothian Premier League. 

annushorribilis III
16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

This is where it's heading. 

4 minutes ago, The Merse said:

They can’t seem to get past the idea that we’re complaining because we think we’re too big to go down rather than because it’s ridiculously unjust.

Wankers, the lot of them.

That’s exactly what it is. They are honestly more interested in harming us than saving themselves. When the **** did HMFC become the enemy of these clubs? Absolutely staggering.

he followed up with along the lines of "as if somebody is walking about the street with pockets of money to give to Scottish football, utter nonsense"

what a feckin stupid comment

6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

So if someone says something and you tell them you don’t believe them, you are saying that person told a...?

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Guess The Crowd said:

I’ve seen it suggested on twitter that the benefactors sponsor the league, only problem being they wish to remain anonymous.

So how about this? They pass the money anonymously to Hearts, and we sponsor the league that we’ve been expelled from. After we’ve sued them, of course.

The Heart of Midlothian Premier League. 

Save the Children Scottish Professional Football League.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )