SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I honestly can’t understand why anyone would wish to challenge or question our right to try and ‘save ourselves’? It’s ridiculous to think that we wouldn’t. The remarks of “they deserved it”, “own fault”, “ would have gone down anyway” totally ignore a core feature of football. The game lasts 90 mins

for a reason. Results can change. A one goal swing just before the shutdown and it was another club being expelled.

If it was a regular season and we were relegated after 38 matches then fair enough. But even then I would still expect our club to call foul if we were being relegated to a division that might not even exist!

Incredibly all this ridiculous rush to vote and end the season has done is create an environment where clubs can’t be advanced any funding when facing the most remarkable league season since

the war time leagues. It’s an insane restriction to place on a members organisation!

Our game needs to be looking at how we protect it in a crisis, how we manage a second wave, how we deal with clubs who have outbreaks, how we deal with localised lock downs, etc. No one is asking about this (just moaning about Hearts instead).

The question hasn’t even been asked about who can,

can’t or won’t play in August. No questions about how an 18 match championship could expect any promotion over a 38 match relegated side from the top tier.

Questions every where, for every club but the only one being asked is why Hearts can’t shut up and just go down!! Ann Budge, and therefore our club, are being challenged, mocked and attacked for simply defending our club and looking to get the best possible outcome for our club. That’s the very minimum our club should be doing.

Excellent post.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Lower league clubs that voted in favour of 14-14-14  just a couple of weeks ago. So they want permanent reconstruction. Prem clubs seem to only be in favour of something temporary. This is where a leader - Doncaster you'd assume that's what he's paid for - needs to step in and knock heads together and if necessary make the decision for them - choosing the decision that would not hurt most clubs, which would be temporary reconstruction.

The most frustrating part of this opposition to permanent reconstruction is that it makes no sense. Prize money doesn't get touched unless its put to a vote (to put it more in line with 3-12) Its absolutely ridiculous. 

But yeah, as you say, Doncaster should be stepping in and pushing for it to be permanent. I totally sympathise with lower league clubs in the sense of 6 teams potentially going down in 2022. Thats a huge uncertainty and I think even if we do insist on it being a temporary change, more needs to be done to address this - some gerrymandering around how the vote is put forward to keep the change would be a good start, ie clubs are voting to go back to 12-10-10-10, rather than to adopt 14-14-14, this way its reverting back to the norm which faces the ludicris voting system, rather than the 14-14-14. 

Two 'breakaway' leagues of 14 might be the only solution left to clubs to avoid legal action. Ultimately, if breaking away is effectively just another re-branding exercise to push through 14 team leagues then I think that Sky would be fine with that.  Lets not forget, we don't know how many clubs will survive this so having the breakaway might be the only way of protecting clubs like Hearts, Partick, Falkirk, ICT etc - A 14 team championship could be fitted out with reserve teams from the premiership as a last resort to boost up the numbers. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
15 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I honestly can’t understand why anyone would wish to challenge or question our right to try and ‘save ourselves’? It’s ridiculous to think that we wouldn’t. The remarks of “they deserved it”, “own fault”, “ would have gone down anyway” totally ignore a core feature of football. The game lasts 90 mins

for a reason. Results can change. A one goal swing just before the shutdown and it was another club being expelled.

If it was a regular season and we were relegated after 38 matches then fair enough. But even then I would still expect our club to call foul if we were being relegated to a division that might not even exist!

Incredibly all this ridiculous rush to vote and end the season has done is create an environment where clubs can’t be advanced any funding when facing the most remarkable league season since

the war time leagues. It’s an insane restriction to place on a members organisation!

Our game needs to be looking at how we protect it in a crisis, how we manage a second wave, how we deal with clubs who have outbreaks, how we deal with localised lock downs, etc. No one is asking about this (just moaning about Hearts instead).

can’t or won’t play in August. No questions about how an 18 match championship could expect any promotion over a 38 match relegated side from the top tier.

Questions every where, for every club but the only one being asked is why Hearts can’t shut up and just go down!! Ann Budge, and therefore our club, are being challenged, mocked and attacked for simply defending our club and looking to get the best possible outcome for our club. That’s the very minimum our club should be doing.

Very good post. I always say 'l wonder how these clubs/fans would react if they were in our shoes?' I think we all know they would react exactly the same.

You raise valid points that the SPFL should be asking a lot of questions just now but all they seem to do is stick their finger up their bum and let Ann do all the work (she even said she's pissed off that she's having to do all this or words to that affect). Can't say l blame her. 

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

15 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Surely now Anne budge knows the self preservation football league is all about everyone for themselves. They  have screwed her over royally everyone a critic none with any solution ( especially those paid  alot of money to do this job). Time to look after ourselves and watch what happens offer nothing stand  back and watch. Once reconstruction is failed legal action will  hopefully start straight away 

CavySlaveJambo
1 minute ago, skjhearts said:

Well said. 

No one should be expelled to a league that may not exist, even when it is clear, the team COULD do everything necessary to be playing. And at least one other championship club could also be in the same position.  Donkeycaster is really making a mess of this as he did 8 years ago. 

4 hours ago, Whatever said:

I’m past caring about remaining in the Premiership.

The important thing for me is us kicking off at the same time as the Premiership. Otherwise the chances of promotion at the first attempt are next to zero.

eh !!..no logic to that statement whatsoever

We will romp the championship IF we play in it whether its a full season or an 18 match season

To be honest I just am astounded at that post

Even if the finances are far worse all the other championship sides will be worse off....there are no sides good enough to finish above us...Inverness, Ayr United, Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton. Alloa , Arbroath ,Queen of the South or Raith Rovers

Of course we are supposed to be humble and not take things for granted.....not this time

Edited by CJGJ

south morocco

Expelled from a league that cannot function due to a global pandemic into a League that cannot function due to a global pandemic 

The Sun are saying we could have our licence revoked if we take this to court.

Getting messier by the day.

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What is?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Sorry Mogan was commenting on Jambo Graham'spost.

My first post on JBK so please forgive.

7 minutes ago, The Merse said:

And if we win in court.....boom!

1 hour ago, Tatlock said:

What rips my knitting is those twats who have been making statements all week have obviously not read the discussion document before dusting of their ‘look at me’ Coats. If they had bothered, they would have read Where Ann stated that she had benefactors looking to provide support to lower league clubs to help them through this crisis. At the same time they cry about nobody thinks about poor wee us. No wonder if you throw help back in their face when offered. It’s like a Jack and Victor still game script. 

Yeah I noticed a lot of comments were ill informed during the week, they still are I think.  Some comments are just biased, Cosgrove for one today.  Basically they are already decided what way they are going.  Even with the benefactor proposing to fund lower leagues they will still flippant.  Bunch of amateurs.

south morocco
1 minute ago, The Merse said:

Do you believe the sun?

1 minute ago, The Merse said:

The Sun is the world's greatest purveyor of fake news. I wouldn't worry about it mate.

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, OTT said:

The most frustrating part of this opposition to permanent reconstruction is that it makes no sense. Prize money doesn't get touched unless its put to a vote (to put it more in line with 3-12) Its absolutely ridiculous. 

But yeah, as you say, Doncaster should be stepping in and pushing for it to be permanent. I totally sympathise with lower league clubs in the sense of 6 teams potentially going down in 2022. Thats a huge uncertainty and I think even if we do insist on it being a temporary change, more needs to be done to address this - some gerrymandering around how the vote is put forward to keep the change would be a good start, ie clubs are voting to go back to 12-10-10-10, rather than to adopt 14-14-14, this way its reverting back to the norm which faces the ludicris voting system, rather than the 14-14-14. 

Two 'breakaway' leagues of 14 might be the only solution left to clubs to avoid legal action. Ultimately, if breaking away is effectively just another re-branding exercise to push through 14 team leagues then I think that Sky would be fine with that.  Lets not forget, we don't know how many clubs will survive this so having the breakaway might be the only way of protecting clubs like Hearts, Partick, Falkirk, ICT etc - A 14 team championship could be fitted out with reserve teams from the premiership as a last resort to boost up the numbers. 

Absolutely no way should we be allowing reserve teams from premiership to make up the numbers. These ***** have stabbed us in the front and back and you are suggesting allowing them the opportunity to play there reserves and develop youngsters while we struggle to maintain a squad.

The SPFL must provide a league for us to play in and that league must have promotion available at the end. Anything else is pointless and you would be as well letting supporters play in the matches.

3 minutes ago, skjhearts said:

Sorry Mogan was commenting on Jambo Graham'spost.

My first post on JBK so please forgive.

It’s Morgan.

Hiya.

Just now, Morgan said:

It’s Morgan.

Hiya.

Sorry Morgan.Sausage fingers😆

Hiya.

Am of a certain age that tech is like sex .The younger you are the eaiser it is.

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

What puzzles me slightly is that last week the general opinion seemed to be that Celtic wanted us in the top league but now they're desperate for the fixtures to come out around two weeks earlier than normal. 

Something doesn't add up there. 

Yes struggling with this as well. My understanding was that Celtic and read the SPFL board we’re behind reconstruction now. 

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s Morgan.

Hiya.

Very philanthropic post Mogan….sorry Morgan

Edited by CJGJ

7 minutes ago, The Merse said:

I would believe the 2 QCs she has been advised by and ignore the toilet roll paper.

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Vert philanthropic post Mogan….sorry Morgan

Very good.  

12 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Do you believe the sun?

Not necessarily no.

Just sharing what they are saying which is a new angle.

Captain Canada
9 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Yes struggling with this as well. My understanding was that Celtic and read the SPFL board we’re behind reconstruction now. 

There was an earlier reply to my post about this. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/52861707

The article above says "as soon as possible" but further on, that part is actually referring not directly to the fixture list but just getting back to playing football. 

There's no point reading any media these days as it's all poorly written, agenda-led BS. 

Edited by Captain Canada

JamboGraham
14 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I assumed earlier that it was all part of a ‘dance’ that would allow the SPFL (Celtic) to respond to Celtic confirming that we have no FIFA schedule, no UEFA schedule, no approved date for Scottish Football to be played (as confirmed by Jason Leitch today), no confirmation of which clubs can play, can’t play or won’t play, etc.so how on earth can we create a fixture list/get a new season going.

I assumed this would be to help focus some minds before next week discussions...

Edited by JamboGraham

18 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Absolutely no way should we be allowing reserve teams from premiership to make up the numbers. These ***** have stabbed us in the front and back and you are suggesting allowing them the opportunity to play there reserves and develop youngsters while we struggle to maintain a squad.

The SPFL must provide a league for us to play in and that league must have promotion available at the end. Anything else is pointless and you would be as well letting supporters play in the matches.

Sorry, I've maybe not been clear. 

I was suggesting that 2 breakaway leagues are formed if the voting nonsense cannot be overcome and 2 leagues of 14 are adopted. If we can only get say, 20 teams then the remaining places in the new championship are occupied on a temporary basis by effectively the u21s of the larger sides. 

In that senario, Hearts and Inverness would be taking their places in the top flight

This has the added bonus of cutting the legs off the diddy club chairman on a power trip. We'd have space for 28 clubs, we don't need to A.) Open them for promotion/ relegation B.) expand to further leagues. From a pure greed perspective the £160m could be spent on 28 clubs rather than 42. Obviously, its not a massive saving, but you're probably talking a couple million over the duration of the contract. 

43 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

eh !!..no logic to that statement whatsoever

We will romp the championship IF we play in it whether its a full season or an 18 match season

To be honest I just am astounded at that post

Even if the finances are far worse all the other championship sides will be worse off....there are no sides good enough to finish above us...Inverness, Ayr United, Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton. Alloa , Arbroath ,Queen of the South or Raith Rovers

Of course we are supposed to be humble and not take things for granted.....not this time

Clueless and oblivious to what’s at play here.

I’d say I was surprised but well.....

Auld Reekin'
30 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s Morgan.

Hiya.

How's it going Morgaro?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZS1OrNzoKfh8ZKsihnxr

37 minutes ago, The Merse said:

I read on here it was only if we don't take it to CAS, not allowed public court.  I am too lazy to find whom had posted it and too lazy to research if its true.  I am relying on honest folk on here to keep me updated for a couple of days 😁

39 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Do yourself a favour.

Revoking our license after we’re in limbo and don’t have a league to play in?

Aye. Crack on.

If we are demoted the salient point is that we have the opportunity to obtain promotion the following season , anything else can't be up for question. 

Compensation for being demoted should be applied , the ability to gain promotion is a given , anything else cannot be countenanced . 

jamboinglasgow

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premiership-restart-plan-jeopardy-skint-22113923?1

Sunday Mail reporting that some Premiership clubs say they cant afford the testing. They need money from SPFL to be able to do that. Otherwise they cant play. Kilmarnock are one club saying the cost of testing if its what predicted it is then Kilmarnock are not able to do it. 

So we now are in a position where even Premiership clubs might not be able to play. 

9 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Clueless and oblivious to what’s at play here.

I’d say I was surprised but well.....

well of course you are clueless..you proved that in your earlier post

Jambo 4 Ever
48 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And if we win in court.....boom!

Will probably depend which team the judge supports 

we don’t have much chance tbh 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premiership-restart-plan-jeopardy-skint-22113923?1

Sunday Mail reporting that some Premiership clubs say they cant afford the testing. They need money from SPFL to be able to do that. Otherwise they cant play. Kilmarnock are one club saying the cost of testing if its what predicted it is then Kilmarnock are not able to do it. 

So we now are in a position where even Premiership clubs might not be able to play. 

Oh no how sad..still they can start at the bottom of the league pyramid and work their way up

It's only fair after all

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If we are demoted the salient point is that we have the opportunity to obtain promotion the following season , anything else can't be up for question. 

Compensation for being demoted should be applied , the ability to gain promotion is a given , anything else cannot be countenanced . 

I agree.  Tell you what, if they can "relegate" us after 30 games they can promote us for a projected amount of games quoted at 19 from a January starting point.  Half season or not we shouldn't be getting punished twice.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Will probably depend which team the judge supports 

we don’t have much chance tbh 

We are the establishment club and if in Edinburgh I'd say we have a better than even chance

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, CJGJ said:

We are the establishment club and if in Edinburgh I'd say we have a better than even chance

It won’t be in Edinburgh though will it

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Interesting, the tables are turning again.  

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would probably laugh myself to death if we stay up at the expense of some of the diddy teams 😂 8 team league, get rid of killie, Hamilton, Stmirren and Stjohnston.. 

that would be ****ing glorious 

CavySlaveJambo
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If there are premiership clubs who are not in a position to pay for testing, then either all football should be suspended, or teams who are not going to be in the premiership but can afford the testing play. simple as that.  Looks like Donkeycaster has dropped the ball further than we thought. 

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Why not ?

The Supreme Courts. Scotland's Supreme Courts are based in Parliament House in Edinburgh. The Supreme Courts are: The Court of Session The High Court of Justiciary The Principal Clerk of Session and Justiciary is responsible for the administration of these courts.

The Court of Session is Scotland's highest civil court. It deals with all forms of civil cases, including delict (civil wrongs, referred to as “tort” in other jurisdictions), contract, commercial cases, judicial review, family law and intellectual property.

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Forced reconstruction will be the key phrase by this time next week. Even with a cash injection from Ann's philanthropist friends its daft to think 42 clubs can confirm they can meet their fixture commitments, some of the clubs dont even have somewhere to train!!

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

If AB takes it to the court of session it will be heard in Ebinburgh.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

If there are premiership clubs who are not in a position to pay for testing, then either all football should be suspended, or teams who are not going to be in the premiership but can afford the testing play. simple as that.  Looks like Donkeycaster has dropped the ball further than we thought. 

In the past, teams who did not meet requirements for stadium capacity were denied being able to get into the SPL. You would think like you have said that if you cant meet the requirements for playing next season then you should not be allowed in the Premiership. 

As each day goes by it makes the decision to quickly end the season incredibly foolish and ill thought out.

12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

well of course you are clueless..you proved that in your earlier post

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Said with a straight face 😂😂😂😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Why are Celtic now keen to get the fixtures out?

What shit are they up to now?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )