SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If it helps get clubs playing, it helps secure many jobs, including players. Disappointed in Cosgrove.

It helps a lot of local communities, many some of the poorest in the country. Knock on affect for local schools etc too. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

FarmerTweedy
On 29/05/2020 at 17:41, Rudolf said:

Are you a virologist? 

have a read of an article that was in the Spectator magazine a few weeks ago written by Dr John Lee. 10 reasons to end the lockdown now. Interesting read. 

The Spectator is a very right-wing publication, and pretty much a Tory party fanzine, with the current commissioning editor being the wife of Dominic Cummings, and a former editor being current leader of the tory party and Prime minister of the UK.  I'm quite sure it could easily find a right-wing virologist happy to argue against lockdown for any number of reasons, just like it's still entirely possible to find scientists who argue that climate change is a myth.

7 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Why then have Premiership teams been given a date that they can return to training, yet other clubs, including us, in the ‘lower’ divisions, who CAN fulfill a seasons worth of fixtures have not?

You surely tell all who can train, to train at the same time, then sort out the structure??

We’re being prevented, deliberately and wilfully, from being able to put a team on the park.

A restriction of trade, an impossible position.

Demoted early from the league with 24 points to play for and being 4 adrift. Now we’re not being afforded a structure to operate in by the governing body.

We’ll wipe the ****in floor with them in court. 

Well let’s get to court then.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

She has all the bases covered. She’s put forward a proposal/discussion paper. She has said we will take legal action if reconstruction fails. She states we have a financial strategy to see us until the end of the year (should we not get reconstruction and we lose the court case) if we have to be partially mothballed in the Championship. What more do you want.

If you were looking for laughs and giggles I’d suggest a Kevin Bridges dvd.

Or just a avoiding your posts perhaps  :)

SectionDJambo

By reading the comments being left on the BBC Twitter site, I think that Ann Budge is sadly wasting her time. So much sheer ignorance, they deserve everything that’s coming to them. Nobody can say she hasn’t tried to show them all a better way out of this.
This country has well and truly gone to the dogs. Celtic and their moronic followers, are more interested in hurting Hearts than helping Scottish football. Doncaster does what Celtic tell him to do. Hibs the same. The idiot chairmen/owners of smaller clubs have been fed propaganda that all will be well in the wilderness, when the reality is they will be thrown overboard as soon as they have served their purpose to the establishment club.
The criticism from the media, in particular, has gone way beyond reasonable and sensible. It’s now turning into a persecution of our club, the reason for which is hard to fathom. 

Time to open the legal floodgates and give them all something to really hate us for.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Why then have Premiership teams been given a date that they can return to training, yet other clubs, including us, in the ‘lower’ divisions, who CAN fulfill a seasons worth of fixtures have not?

You surely tell all who can train, to train at the same time, then sort out the structure??

We’re being prevented, deliberately and wilfully, from being able to put a team on the park.

Demoted early from the league with 24 points to play for and being 4 adrift. Now we’re not being afforded a structure to operate in by the governing body.

Missed all of today's fun, but just read,  teams don't want to play for business reasons 

:wtfvlad:

Surely that can't be a choice.

Denying other clubs to play and continue their business. ****ed up beyond parody

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Missed all of today's fun, but just read,  teams don't want to play for business reasons 

:wtfvlad:

Surely that can't be a choice.

Denying other clubs to play and continue their business. ****ed up beyond parody

Apparently it is.

It appears the leagues own rules are being ripped up, swallowed and shat the **** out.

Malinga the Swinga

I think I will leave this thread till Monday evening and see what happens. Listening to these Sportsound guys and reading mainstream media is doing my head in. If you then add the vermin trolling on the thread! I Cant allow myself to be warned/banned.

Doncaster happy yo let Mrs B deal with potential sponsors and acting surprised that he is tasked with speaking to them. What the **** does he do to earn his money? 

Would love to be fly on wall at Monday's meeting and see these stupid ***** faces when after they reject reconstruction, Mrs B confirms we have gone to court.

Raise this shower of shit to the ground Mrs Budge, we the Hearts supporters, are right behind you.

7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Well let’s get to court then.

Other than a monumental turnaround, that’s exactly where it’s going.

Bring it.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Other than a monumental turnaround, that’s exactly where it’s going.

Bring it.

👍🏻

south morocco
17 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Too sensible mate. What a joke.

1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I beg to differ.

The SPFL have sold her a pup and she has lapped it all up. Has gotten absolutely nowhere so far with reconstruction.

Not getting the positivity towards Budge unfortunately. Led us to the Championship, turned us into a rotary club and has been naive, to say the least.

What a steaming pile of shite. :lol:

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I think I will leave this thread till Monday evening and see what happens. Listening to these Sportsound guys and reading mainstream media is doing my head in. If you then add the vermin trolling on the thread! I Cant allow myself to be warned/banned.

Doncaster happy yo let Mrs B deal with potential sponsors and acting surprised that he is tasked with speaking to them. What the **** does he do to earn his money? 

Would love to be fly on wall at Monday's meeting and see these stupid ***** faces when after they reject reconstruction, Mrs B confirms we have gone to court.

Raise this shower of shit to the ground Mrs Budge, we the Hearts supporters, are right behind you.

Was delighted with her comments about it getting to the stage where she needs to think about Hearts only.

She said she was receiving emails and letters from individuals asking who to write the cheque out to.

She won’t let this go and like you, I hope the ****in lot burns.

9 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

She has all the bases covered. She’s put forward a proposal/discussion paper. She has said we will take legal action if reconstruction fails. She states we have a financial strategy to see us until the end of the year (should we not get reconstruction and we lose the court case) if we have to be partially mothballed in the Championship. What more do you want.

If you were looking for laughs and giggles I’d suggest a Kevin Bridges dvd.

I think this whole cluster**** of a situation is awful. Lower league teams are talking about things not suiting them, but I'm at a loss how this doesn't benefit them? For ambitious clubs there is less of a climb to the premiership. Its not ridiculous to suggest clubs like Edinburgh City or Kelty who are enjoying strong financial backing could climb the leagues with greater ease and spend less money doing so! If they take exception to the temporary nature of the decision, then say that clearly. We'd vote for it if it was permanent, then Budge can lobby the clubs preventing that from being so. FWIW, I agree, it should be permanent!

This attitude seems to be more about making sure we stay down than actually any meaningful argument about how Anns proposals aren't good enough. Clyde for example, 'it doesn't suit us', okay, how doesn't it suit you? They've not given one clear reason in their statement about why it doesn't. They talk about challenges numerous times but fail to cite a single one. They also specifically say 'It lacks the independence of thought', which I think is fair to translate as 'Budge has only put this forward to save Hearts'. The attitude of these chairmen is ****ing criminal, its literally about twisting the knife as much as possible out of some twisted sense of us having a bad season and being punished for it. 

I think it was Cove Rangers who were complaining that they'd be getting demoted. Their currently in the 3rd tier, and under the proposals would remain in the third tier!!! Exactly what brainwave are they on? 

These chairmen do not care about Scottish football, they do not care about the job losses at Hearts, Partick or Stranraer, they don't care that their petty minded way of thinking will have a directly negative impact on people employed by these clubs amid a global crisis. Players are absolutely going to have a tough time finding new clubs, but coaches, admin staff, god knows who else. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Sadly Ann Budge now seems to be so unpopular (for no discernible reason) in Scottish Football that she could walk into an SPFL Meeting turn water into wine and still have the pricks complaining that they wanted a pint of tennents!!!

Love this

I'll give the Scottish Premiership a chance of starting end September. 

More time for us to sign players. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think this whole cluster**** of a situation is awful. Lower league teams are talking about things not suiting them, but I'm at a loss how this doesn't benefit them? For ambitious clubs there is less of a climb to the premiership. Its not ridiculous to suggest clubs like Edinburgh City or Kelty who are enjoying strong financial backing could climb the leagues with greater ease and spend less money doing so! If they take exception to the temporary nature of the decision, then say that clearly. We'd vote for it if it was permanent, then Budge can lobby the clubs preventing that from being so. FWIW, I agree, it should be permanent!

This attitude seems to be more about making sure we stay down than actually any meaningful argument about how Anns proposals aren't good enough. Clyde for example, 'it doesn't suit us', okay, how doesn't it suit you? They've not given one clear reason in their statement about why it doesn't. They talk about challenges numerous times but fail to cite a single one. They also specifically say 'It lacks the independence of thought', which I think is fair to translate as 'Budge has only put this forward to save Hearts'. The attitude of these chairmen is ****ing criminal, its literally about twisting the knife as much as possible out of some twisted sense of us having a bad season and being punished for it. 

I think it was Cove Rangers who were complaining that they'd be getting demoted. Their currently in the 3rd tier, and under the proposals would remain in the third tier!!! Exactly what brainwave are they on? 

These chairmen do not care about Scottish football, they do not care about the job losses at Hearts, Partick or Stranraer, they don't care that their petty minded way of thinking will have a directly negative impact on people employed by these clubs amid a global crisis. Players are absolutely going to have a tough time finding new clubs, but coaches, admin staff, god knows who else. 

One thing I keep thinking about is there's been a lot written about the importance of sport to people's mental health at a time like this. That's given as a reason to start football as soon as possible because of how important it is to people.

The treatment of Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer totally goes against this. It's piling more suffering on fans and everyone at those clubs unnecessarily though no fault of theirs - when there are perfectly workable other solutions that would not cause any clubs to experience that scale of extra suffering, just maybe a bit of inconvenience instead. 

The fact that there is no serious discussion about the alternatives makes it even worse.

A closed doors finish could've happened. Start new season late August and cancel the useless winter break.  

20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Never bring a tranny to the game 

That sounds like good advice, are you speaking from experience?🤪

6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

A closed doors finish could've happened. Start new season late August and cancel the useless winter break.  

Too late. The tosser that run the game here rushed to a calamitous decision  to suit  Celtic.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

One thing I keep thinking about is there's been a lot written about the importance of sport to people's mental health at a time like this. That's given as a reason to start football as soon as possible because of how important it is to people.

The treatment of Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer totally goes against this. It's piling more suffering on fans and everyone at those clubs unnecessarily though no fault of theirs - when there are perfectly workable other solutions that would not cause any clubs to experience that scale of extra suffering, just maybe a bit of inconvenience instead. 

The fact that there is no serious discussion about the alternatives makes it even worse.

It's a brilliant story if the benefactor money comes off. 

What rips my knitting is those twats who have been making statements all week have obviously not read the discussion document before dusting of their ‘look at me’ Coats. If they had bothered, they would have read Where Ann stated that she had benefactors looking to provide support to lower league clubs to help them through this crisis. At the same time they cry about nobody thinks about poor wee us. No wonder if you throw help back in their face when offered. It’s like a Jack and Victor still game script. 

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

I have to agree with all of this, lower league clubs saying it doesn't suit them but no specifics give, it's just bitterness towards Hearts, I hope we bring the lot of them down!

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Too late. The tosser that run the game here rushed to a calamitous decision  to suit  Celtic.

All because of the apparent ‘threat’ of null and void and Celtics quest for 10 being upset.

Absolutely ****in disgusting.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, gator said:

I have to agree with all of this, lower league clubs saying it doesn't suit them but no specifics give, it's just bitterness towards Hearts, I hope we bring the lot of them down!

Lower league clubs that voted in favour of 14-14-14  just a couple of weeks ago. So they want permanent reconstruction. Prem clubs seem to only be in favour of something temporary. This is where a leader - Doncaster you'd assume that's what he's paid for - needs to step in and knock heads together and if necessary make the decision for them - choosing the decision that would not hurt most clubs, which would be temporary reconstruction.

Captain Canada

What puzzles me slightly is that last week the general opinion seemed to be that Celtic wanted us in the top league but now they're desperate for the fixtures to come out around two weeks earlier than normal. 

Something doesn't add up there. 

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

What puzzles me slightly is that last week the general opinion seemed to be that Celtic wanted us in the top league but now they're desperate for the fixtures to come out around two weeks earlier than normal. 

Something doesn't add up there. 

Read the quotes beyond the headlines.

At no point did Liewell suggest the fixture list should be released ASAP 

I've been sitting back waiting to see how this plays out. I was all for all guns blazing the day they  shagged us. With hindsight I think Ann has played a blinder.

Alas this is now only going one way.

I have continued to subscribe to FoH in the meantime however I will renew my season ticket the day the court writ lands on the SPFL doormat. It would be fantastic if 10 000 hearts fans did the same.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

ignore time for this hostile poster, polluting the board with a lovely combination of  belligerence and stupidity.

Hostile to being accused of being a Hibs fan twice a day...... by moronic strangers who don’t know the first thing about me ? yes indeed and if they can’t handle the responses they should put the lid down on their laptops. 

Belligerent about the above. I see it more as dishing it back when it’s dished out to me and I’ll make no apology for it.

Stupid ? I’m far from being stupid

Polluting the board ? Are you for real. It was polluted  when I arrived and it’ll be polluted for as long as the high post veteran cabal of Neanderthal children say its to be polluted.

by all means ignore me, but you’ll miss out on so much fun and learning

Edited by JimmyCant

livingstonjambo
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Hostile to being accused of being a Hibs fan twice a day...... by moronic strangers who don’t know the first thing about me ? yes indeed and if they can’t handle the responses they should put the lid down on their laptops. 

Belligerent about the above. I see it more as dishing it back when it’s dished out to me and I’ll make no apology for it.

Polluting the board ? Are you for real. It was polluted  when I arrived and it’ll be polluted for as long as the high post veteran cabal of Neanderthal children say its to be polluted.

if you are that upset, why dont you just donate to jkb?

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

We can't have a woman telling us what to do now can we? That just will not do.

If it doesn't come out of the nicotine-stained gob of a 60-year-old bloke with a blotchy red nose, comb-over and stained tie it's simply not a valid opinion we need to listen to.

You also need to remember that she hasn't played football to a high level and therefore knows nothing.

Neanderthals run Scottish football. 

jamboinglasgow

Again Ann looks to do something that helps Scottish football (and yes has a benefit for us.) Again its thrown in her face, she is mocked, has her reputation questioned and quite frankly some are just horrible to her. 

Its becoming clear that people in Scottish football, pundits, adminsitators, chairmen, twitter pundits and opposition fans are more interested in seeing Hearts suffer than actually trying to help Scottish football. It shows Scottish football at its worst. 

It also brings me back to an original point from the first vote, why do we need  relegation in a moment of crisis? It seems to be the only answer is that not relegating means clubs get a little less under reconstruction (though with a new bumper tv deal that less is still more then they would get this season.)

Sadly we have been painted as the bad guys and sore losers by the press and opposition fans, because we just will not going to accept that because we were bottom when the league was unexpectedly stopped then we to be relegated and take a double whammy financial loss in the middle of an economic crisis.

Scottish football, I fear, may need clubs to go out of business before people realise the damage they have done by seeking revenge on Hearts rather than work with us.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Again Ann looks to do something that helps Scottish football (and yes has a benefit for us.) Again its thrown in her face, she is mocked, has her reputation questioned and quite frankly some are just horrible to her. 

Its becoming clear that people in Scottish football, pundits, adminsitators, chairmen, twitter pundits and opposition fans are more interested in seeing Hearts suffer than actually trying to help Scottish football. It shows Scottish football at its worst. 

It also brings me back to an original point from the first vote, why do we need  relegation in a moment of crisis? It seems to be the only answer is that not relegating means clubs get a little less under reconstruction (though with a new bumper tv deal that less is still more then they would get this season.)

Sadly we have been painted as the bad guys and sore losers by the press and opposition fans, because we just will not going to accept that because we were bottom when the league was unexpectedly stopped then we to be relegated and take a double whammy financial loss in the middle of an economic crisis.

Scottish football, I fear, may need clubs to go out of business before people realise the damage they have done by seeking revenge on Hearts rather than work with us.

This is the whole thing no-one seems to take into account in the media. It's a quirk of timing that makes us the relegated team. Two weeks earlier and it would have been Hamilton. Tow weeks later it could easily have been someone else.

WorldChampions1902
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Willie Miller played at a high level and knows nothing

And his failed experience as a chip shop Proprietor shows that he knows nowt about running a successful business. Yet he is employed as a BBC pundit to spout forth about both. Football clubs are a business.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, WorldChampions1902 said:

And his failed experience as a chip shop Proprietor shows that he knows nowt about running a successful business. Yet he is employed as a BBC pundit to spout forth about both. Football clubs are a business.

He was also very shite in a Budge-type role at Aberdeen. Nearly got them relegated around the time he was there I think. Funnily enough, they were saved through reconstruction.

16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The day I learn something from a poster as ignorant like yourself, I'll mail back my degree and mensa certificates and ask for a refund. 

Edited by Gizmo

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

The day I learn something from an poster as ignorant like yourself, I'll mail back my degree and mensa certificates and ask for a refund. 

Aye send them back to eBay and get your £12.50 back mate. 

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Think that’s a big part of the divisional meetings planned for Monday and Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye send them back to eBay and get your £12.50 back mate. 

My sides are splitting. Ignore on now, you enjoy the attention too much and just pretty much confirmed yourself as a troll. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
3 hours ago, blairdin said:

Mrs Budge is slowly but surely tying everyone up in knots - the football authorities, the other club boardrooms, and last but not least the media and BBC Sportsound pundits and presenters (Tom English aside). 

She's called Doncaster out today by very clearly making the point she shouldn't be the one trying to come up with reconstruction proposals and solutions to the crisis - it should be him. 

She accepted there won't be a 14-14-14 league next season, but suggested her proposal should be the start of a discussion, not the end of it. 

She has made it clear if no progress is made on reconstruction, she stops acting for the wider Scottish game and focuses only on Hearts, and we go legal. Real genuine proper self interest. 

By publicly stating there she has secured significant new free money for the professional game, no strings attached, to support clubs through the pandemic she ruined that bawbag from the Peterhead boardrooms subsequent five minutes of radio fame accusing her of self interest.

I expect Hearts to be playing in August now. I'm still concerned that will be in a second tier, and the immediate impact that will have on jobs at the club both on and off the field. No business plan can redress that loss - if that's where we'd ended up after 38 games then we'd take it no complaints, but it's an unfair impact on our clubs people after 30. Budge made that point clearly. 

In time, by due legal process, we'll be recompensed - I don't know how long that process will take, there's a few legal bods posting that might. That'll be popcorn time when some of the gobby part time clubs get presented with their bill to contribute to our total compensation. We'll be fine till then. 

Nicely put, that's how lm viewing things currently. Yes Ann Budge has made mistakes which have been debated at length, however, l think her and her legal team have worked incredibly hard against a backdrop of nay-saying, smirking and piss taking by all and sundry who are burying their heads and aren't putting in an ounce of effort to get Scottish football out of this crises.

5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

My sides are splitting. Ignore on now, you enjoy the attention too much and just pretty much confirmed yourself as a troll. 

You contacted me first pal. To publicly tell me you were ignoring me. Then you sent two further messages to me....... and Im the one attention seeking ?

1 minute ago, pablo said:

If you're not hibs or celtic, you're an utter weirdo of a Hearts fan.

And I would put my mortgage on you not being able to get anyone convincing to vouch for you either. 

Name your wager and I’ll evidence who I am in about 5 minutes flat by PM. Don’t risk your mortgage though, unless you’ve got a caravan in the driveway 

Borders Jambo
6 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Ann could be a saviour which is what all people who love scottish football would want...

You were just laughing at her mere minutes ago Richard Gordon you absolute ****ing tosser of a man.

Why are we helping these tossers. Give me a year in the championship with the benefactors help before we help any of these wankers.

Must admit starting to feel like this as well.

Ann Budge is too good for the majority of tossers who run or are involved with Scottish football.

Rancid.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Name your wager and I’ll evidence who I am in about 5 minutes flat by PM. Don’t risk your mortgage though, unless you’ve got a caravan in the driveway 

What would your evidence be? Just get someone, anyone to vouch for you publicly.  A brother, your mates you go to the games with, a workmate an old school friend....anyone. 

Bet you don't though.

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The great thing about the benefactors is it let's the players play. 

Sure the likes of Cosgrove would be straight in celebrating that. 

Doesnt support their narrative/agenda. We are big bad Hearts and the villains in all of this.

JamboGraham
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is the whole thing no-one seems to take into account in the media. It's a quirk of timing that makes us the relegated team. Two weeks earlier and it would have been Hamilton. Tow weeks later it could easily have been someone else.

I honestly can’t understand why anyone would wish to challenge or question our right to try and ‘save ourselves’? It’s ridiculous to think that we wouldn’t. The remarks of “they deserved it”, “own fault”, “ would have gone down anyway” totally ignore a core feature of football. The game lasts 90 mins

for a reason. Results can change. A one goal swing just before the shutdown and it was another club being expelled.

If it was a regular season and we were relegated after 38 matches then fair enough. But even then I would still expect our club to call foul if we were being relegated to a division that might not even exist!

Incredibly all this ridiculous rush to vote and end the season has done is create an environment where clubs can’t be advanced any funding when facing the most remarkable league season since

the war time leagues. It’s an insane restriction to place on a members organisation!

Our game needs to be looking at how we protect it in a crisis, how we manage a second wave, how we deal with clubs who have outbreaks, how we deal with localised lock downs, etc. No one is asking about this (just moaning about Hearts instead).

The question hasn’t even been asked about who can,

can’t or won’t play in August. No questions about how an 18 match championship could expect any promotion over a 38 match relegated side from the top tier.

Questions every where, for every club but the only one being asked is why Hearts can’t shut up and just go down!! Ann Budge, and therefore our club, are being challenged, mocked and attacked for simply defending our club and looking to get the best possible outcome for our club. That’s the very minimum our club should be doing.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We can't take legal action until we have exhausted available remedies within Scottish football including an appeal to the SFA. 

Sorry if its been answered already, what appeal?  

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )