SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

JamboGraham

Interesting final comment from McInnes. Aberdeen will need support to fund testing, etc. If a club of that size will require financial help how on earth can the bottom feeders in the Premier League meet the demands of testing, etc.?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

All these philanthropists hopefully have one condition, Hearts in the Premiership 

They dont

which is why I feel it’s a bit of an own goal - it reduces the need for reconstruction as financial pressure will be relieved 

Ann still thinks people will respond with some sort of moral code in Scottish football it seems 

Holyrood_Hearts
23 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

All these philanthropists hopefully have one condition, Hearts in the Premiership 

There’s no condition, which is the right thing tbf

jock _turd
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

No I think you are correct that so far there has been no FIFA intervention on that. FIFA probably prefer to stay out of this and turn a blind eye to that particular rule, which only really came in because of the Juventus match fixing scandal

If this action was over something of a sporting nature I would see some mileage in CAS but it is not. If there is a legal action it would , as is my guess, be over company laws not over sporting matters.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

She is also making an enemy of Doncaster just when we needed his dickish bullying behaviour to help us

I wish she’d kept her mouth shut about it 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

She is also making an enemy of Doncaster just when we needed his dickish bullying behaviour to help us

Shut up. Her interview was excellent. 

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Interesting final comment from McInnes. Aberdeen will need support to fund testing, etc. If a club of that size will require financial help how on earth can the bottom feeders in the Premier League meet the demands of testing, etc.?

Nope.   Just a money grab.    There seems to be money on offer now and everybody will be making a grab for anything they can get their thieving fingers on.

GMEdinburgh

I wouldn't trust the SPLF with 5p never mind potentially handing over millions to these balloons. I thought philanthropists were supposed to be intelligent,  if it does kick in hopefully an independent body dispenses the money. 

5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Exactly.

Celtic pushing for fixtures when it isn't even clear all 12 of the so called Premiership clubs can even make this work!

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The panel babysitting Willie Miller again. 😐

He really is pig thick. 

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Effectively offering to allow every club to play 36 games. 

Rubbish Mikey, absolute rubbish.

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

She is also making an enemy of Doncaster

He has never been our ally. 

If the philanthropists route is accepted I can see us being offered a bigger compensation.  Also if only ten clubs able to play in Championship AB will accept said offer 'for the benefit of Scottish football to get through this tough time.

Konrad von Carstein
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

**** Spence. His true colours have been revealed on the back of this. 

Spence's *true* colours which have become verry apparent on Twitter are that he is  a D Utd *fan* whose real team is celtic. Oh, and he's a Roman Catholic with some Irish heritage... Not that he mentions it in every 2nd tweet 🧐

Guess The Crowd
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Once again when they returned to Heart of Midlothian Tom English spoke the sense.

He seemed to suggest he thought Hearts would only sue in the event of a shortened championship. Surely not.

We mustn’t lose sight of the fact that Hearts shouldn’t have been expelled from the top league in the first place.

If we’re not on the top league, we have to sue full stop. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Shut up. Her interview was excellent. 

Her interview was excellent until she gave Scottish football a get out of jail free card which reduces the requirement for reconstruction.

manaliveits105

Yeah let’s do due diligence and string it out as long as possible 

hopefully the philanthropists are watching how this is playing out and withdraw their offer if the urine is being extracted

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Doncaster has consistently  proved himself to be our enemy over the years.

Anne has played these cretins at their own game.

I hope so is only messing with the people going to bail out the lower leagues.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, GMEdinburgh said:

I wouldn't trust the SPLF with 5p never mind potentially handing over millions to these balloons. I thought philanthropists were supposed to be intelligent,  if it does kick in hopefully an independent body dispenses the money. 

TBF there was more speculation than fact about how any money would be distributed. I agree though these people want anonymity so will no doubt make sure that continues. That's where I wouldn't trust the SPFL not to divulge their names.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Doncaster has consistently  proved himself to be our enemy over the years.

If we believe what we are told has been happening reconstruction was going to be forced through

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Captain Canada
1 minute ago, Guess The Crowd said:

He seemed to suggest he thought Hearts would only sue in the event of a shortened championship. Surely not.

We mustn’t lose sight of the fact that Hearts shouldn’t have been expelled from the top league in the first place.

I think he got that wrong. We're going to lose around £4m by being expelled so even if the season starts in the Championship on the 1st of August, I think we'd still go to court for compensation. 

4 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

I don’t know how Tom English has deduced that we won’t go to court if we’re in a championship that starts reasonably soon and has a full season. Ann Budge has always made it clear, and more or less reiterated today that we would be going legal if we are required to play in the championship, no matter what the format it start date was. Ann also said today that we would have to accept that expulsion (no choice she said)but would be seeking to be compensated for it.

Edited by JimmyCant

Rabbie_Burns
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The panel babysitting Willie Miller again. 😐

Chaired by the ever smug and giggling schoolboy Dick Gordon

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t know how Tom English has deduced that we won’t go to court if we’re in a championship that starts reasonably soon and has a full season. Ann Budge has always made it clear, and more or less reiterated today that we would be going legal if we are required to play in the championship. Ann also said today that we would have to accept that expulsion but would be seeking to be compensated for it.

She didn’t say that.

she was asked if she would accept compensation- she said no as you can’t quantify it

we are going to court to stay in the league as our primary objective 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

TBF there was more speculation than fact about how any money would be distributed. I agree though these people want anonymity so will no doubt make sure that continues. That's where I wouldn't trust the SPFL not to divulge their names.

I would not trust the current SPFL to deal with that sort of money in a fair and equitable manner. Over and over again these people have showed themselves to be incapable of rational thought and decisive action.  All that’s happened over the last few months have reinforced my view that incompetence is their stock and trade and a complete clear out there is needed.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Agree with this. They will have a 3rd party representative/agent

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

36 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Indeed. This is why we will end up in court.

It will have cost us much more by the time it goes to court I would imagine.

jack D and coke

Looking forward to listening to this later. 
Budgie redeeming herself to me every day atm🥰

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

She didn’t say that.

She very definitely did not say that either.

she very definitely also said that if expulsion is confirmed we would have accept it as we have no choice 

Edited by JimmyCant

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

She didn’t say that.

she was asked if she would accept compensation- she said no as you can’t quantify it

Correct. Jimmy Cant understand English.

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Looking forward to listening to this later. 
Budgie redeeming herself to me every day atm🥰

I’m in the same boat regarding Ann. 

BelgeJambo

You can’t really make a comparison with Czech Republic on how they return to training and playing 

Infection rates are different and at different levels of restrictions on movement 

It literally turns my stomach hearing about Dundee Utd's preperation for the Premiership, they were awarded promotion whilst we were expelled, it is so unjust!

SectionDJambo
33 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Doncaster is a joke. He should be the one trying to bring money into the game for everyone's benefit, but he can't even be bothered talking about it or getting a sponsor for the league. He should be resigning today. 

That's probably why he hasn't grabbed the opportunity on behalf of the SPFL. It makes him look like what he is, absolutely useless at the job he should be doing instead of being a front man for Celtic. He can't, or maybe hasn't even tried, to get money from other sources to help all of the member clubs through this.

It's all been about awarding Celtic the title and getting them playing again, to be ready for European competition.

Ann Budge looks to have blown him out of the water of credibility here.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Cisco1914 said:

It will have cost us much more by the time it goes to court I would imagine.

Why?

16 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

There’s no condition, which is the right thing tbf

Whilst I agree with your post I have serious doubts that the SPFL would in any way shape or form use the money wisely.

I suspect that it would go a bit like this:

80% of monies to the Old Firm

18% to the other 40 clubs

2% Bonus to the Donkey for the work in distributing said funds

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

she very definitely also said that if expulsion is confirmed we would have accept it as we have no choice 

Easy to check when podcast is up later.

At no point did she say she would be accepting anything. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes check later because she definitely said we would have no choice but to accept it. It’s not the first time she has said it either.

Edited by JimmyCant

I'm starting to get pretty impatient about this, to be honest. If Ann can't get them to sort something out in the next few days then we must head to court and look after our own interests first. The saving of the smaller clubs in Scottish football is a separate issue, and the shysters in Scottish football won't respond to anything less than court action. No wonder Scottish football is in such a mess.

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Any ideas when the podcast will be released? Itching to catch up on all of this.

Why is it beingnleft to ann and her pals to sort out Scottish football and bail tinpot clubs out.

Let them all think for themselves and fund themselves, we should not be bringing money men to the table for the benefit of every other club in Scotland, clubs who are quite happy to shit on us without a second thought. Look what happened when we took Hibs by the hand and showed them how to make money....see where that got us.

I hope Anns pals keep their money, or send it our way(some can go to PTFc/Stranraer), and lets get this to court and kill these teams off.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I think he got that wrong. We're going to lose around £4m by being expelled so even if the season starts in the Championship on the 1st of August, I think we'd still go to court for compensation. 

It will be a lot more than £4m.  AB’s initial forecast only accounted for playing a normal season in the Championship.  It did not take into account playing BCD, loss of hospitality, etc. 

What is the point of the benefactors filling up the enemy's war chest with cash?the hearts support will be bearing the brunt of a court case.and when we win it ,we will get compensation that will    be cushioned by the benefactors money? ?  ? 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )