SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

35 minutes ago, graygo said:

Edited because I might have misheard Mckinnes just now.

25 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Did I pick this up right? Aberdeen - all bar 5 players on furlough? 

I deleted my post but you've pretty much confirmed what I thought I heard him say. Also that the furloughed players had individual training programs to follow.

Just now, Kev1998 said:

What is the point of the benefactors filling up the enemy's war chest with cash?the hearts support will be bearing the brunt of a court case.and when we win it ,we will get compensation that will    be cushioned by the benefactors money? ?  ? 

For starters, it may be the case that the benefactors are as interested in Scottish football in general as they are in Hearts specifically. It’s not Ann’s or Hearts money after all. 

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct. Jimmy Cant understand English.

Jimmy is Hibs imo. 

Someone farted over the radio, The question is Who was it?  This must take priority over anything else today.  

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, gator said:

Doncaster emails show to defend his non action!

What a ****ing coward that guy is!

WorldChampions1902
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

It will be a lot more than £4m.  AB’s initial forecast only accounted for playing a normal season in the Championship.  It did not take into account playing BCD, loss of hospitality, etc. 

The compensation figure really is unquantifiable as has been suggested previously. As we all know, there are no guarantees in football and certainly not in Scottish Football where curve balls can hit at any time from the administrators. So can a court deliver a flexible compensation figure, dependant upon how many seasons we stay in the Championship? That’s what I would expect to see.

BelgeJambo

I don’t think the benefactors will want to speak to Doncaster directly for fear of exposure.  For sure their identity will be leaked 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It will be a lot more than £4m.  AB’s initial forecast only accounted for playing a normal season in the Championship.  It did not take into account playing BCD, loss of hospitality, etc. 

We can’t expect to be compensated for having to play BCD or not having hospitality because of Covid19 restrictions .That would also be the case if we hadn’t been expelled. We can claim compensation only for what we lost due to that resolution and our expulsion.

Just now, Kev1998 said:

What is the point of the benefactors filling up the enemy's war chest with cash?the hearts support will be bearing the brunt of a court case.and when we win it ,we will get compensation that will    be cushioned by the benefactors money? ?  ? 

Indeed. I don't get it. Ann's first and foremost aim should be to redress the wrong that saw us expelled from the Premiership. Everything else, although connected, is a side issue to this primary aim. Ann's whole fight is being diluted by adding unwinnable struggles. She needs to focus on fighting our expulsion, imo.

45 minutes ago, whodanny said:

If what AB said is true all the lower league clubs are getting shafted. They should be grabbing this offer with both hands.

I don't think anything she said wasn't true but they probably won't take up the offer,too **** stupid and set in their ways,look at Donald Findlay's take on it and he's an educated guy apparently ffs.

flecktimus
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm starting to get pretty impatient about this, to be honest. If Ann can't get them to sort something out in the next few days then we must head to court and look after our own interests first. The saving of the smaller clubs in Scottish football is a separate issue, and the shysters in Scottish football won't respond to anything less than court action. No wonder Scottish football is in such a mess.

Same here, Scottish football deserves to ripped to pieces in court. (If we win)

JamboGraham

If nothing else the philanthropy offer might suddenly shake the lower league sides into actually engaging and discussing what happens next. So far the general view seems to be to sit back, wait and see what happens from the lower leagues.

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes check later because she definitely said we would have no choice but to accept it. It’s not the first time she has said it either.

Context was IF we are in the championship she would have to accept the number of games that are played in the division.     That was the context and it's simply a true statement.    She is not accepting we are in the Championship yet though and that may be determined by legal route.   It's clear how determined she is and that she is committed to legal route to 'right this wrong' if need be.

30 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Interesting final comment from McInnes. Aberdeen will need support to fund testing, etc. If a club of that size will require financial help how on earth can the bottom feeders in the Premier League meet the demands of testing, etc.?

At £2000 per week all it takes is to not have 1 or 2 1st team players on the staff. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Jimmy is Hibs imo. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A hibs cant?

Jimmy doesn’t give a shit about the rantings of childish shitebags who can’t seemingly tolerate other Hearts fans having a slightly different opinion to them

Edited by JimmyCant

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We can’t expect to be compensated for having to play BCD or not having hospitality because of Covid19 restrictions .That would also be the case if we hadn’t been expelled. We can claim compensation only for what we lost due to that resolution and our expulsion.

True, but we can expect to be compensated for a restriction of trade resulting in being forced to play a 18 game season.

1 minute ago, flecktimus said:

Same here, Scottish football deserves to ripped to pieces in court. (If we win)

I prefer to look at it as Scottish football deserving to be shown the error of its ways. ;)

6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Someone farted over the radio, The question is Who was it?  This must take priority over anything else today.  

(Wet and) Windy Miller?

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

****ing comedian the Peterhead chairman

He's sceptical about closed door football, didn't he say they only average 700 fans per match?

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

If nothing else the philanthropy offer might suddenly shake the lower league sides into actually engaging and discussing what happens next. So far the general view seems to be to sit back, wait and see what happens from the lower leagues.

I’m struggling to see how anonymous offers of money to lower league clubs helps us in any way apart from whatever split we get as being one of the lower league clubs.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Jimmy doesn’t give a shit about the rantings if childish shitebags who can’t seemingly tolerate other Hearts fans having a slightly different opinion to them

😮 My comment was in humour Jim. Glad you took it as a joke 🤣

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

True, but we can expect to be compensated for a restriction of trade resulting in being forced to play a 18 game season.

Yes of course. That’s in addition to being compensated for being out there in the first place, irrespective of how many games are proposed

BelgeJambo
Just now, gator said:

He's sceptical about closed door football, didn't he say they only average 700 fans per match?

He is coming round to some sense now.

just his opening remark about McInally

Rick Sanchez

Ann could be a saviour which is what all people who love scottish football would want...

You were just laughing at her mere minutes ago Richard Gordon you absolute ****ing tosser of a man.

Why are we helping these tossers. Give me a year in the championship with the benefactors help before we help any of these wankers.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

She very definitely did not say that either.

she very definitely also said that if expulsion is confirmed we would have accept it as we have no choice 

only if confirmed by court not by the clubs

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😮 My comment was in humour Jim. Glad you took it as a joke 🤣

Hilarious it was too. Comedy genius.

And, in the meantime, what the feck has Leeann's working group been doing to save Scottish football? While clubs all over the place have been slowly sinking, I haven't heard anything from them.

Hilarious it was too. Comedy genius.

👍 cheers bud. Thought it was one of my better efforts. 

Another child in the playground

So people should respect your view but you just go about calling folk children and shitebags if they say something you don’t like. Seems fair. 

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m struggling to see how anonymous offers of money to lower league clubs helps us in any way apart from whatever split we get as being one of the lower league clubs.

Why should it help us in any way? 

It's not our money, it's not Ann's money, she is merely the conduit relaying the information to the SPFL. 

The Natural Order

I'd like Peterhead to go under just to see the look on this arse's face.

annushorribilis III
41 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Did I pick this up right? Aberdeen - all bar 5 players on furlough? 

Yes. 

14-10-10-10 was something I suggested on twitter earlier I could not see the problem with that format. 

Some money thrown the way of the lower leagues to help them out and everyone is happy. 

Did @Saughton Jambo not say things could change over the weekend? He seemed to be initially but this seems to be a game changer. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Another child in the playground

Indeed, James. 👍

But strictly adhering to anti-social distancing.

Better safe than sorry, don’t you know?

annushorribilis III
41 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Interesting final comment from McInnes. Aberdeen will need support to fund testing, etc. If a club of that size will require financial help how on earth can the bottom feeders in the Premier League meet the demands of testing, etc.?

They need to fulfill the TV contract  so they can use their share of the TV money to do it. 

SectionDJambo
Just now, The Natural Order said:

I'd like Peterhead to go under just to see the look on this arse's face.

He is an imbecile. The likes of him thinks he has Scottish football in his hands, and he keeps contradicting himself.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

So people should respect your view but you just go about calling folk children and shitebags if they say something you don’t like. Seems fair. 

No you don’t need to respect my view. You do need to respect my right to have a view and post it without abuse or childish smirky allegations though. Thems the rules And you want to be pointing the finger at me being anything other than a Hearts fan, you better be able to prove it or .......you’re a shitebag hiding behind a keyboard IMO

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No games is the slippery slope to no promotion and relegation.

But actually these people may just want to help keep clubs going. To play the games.

Maybe they too can see danger of clubs folding completely.

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Jimmy doesn’t give a shit about the rantings of childish shitebags who can’t seemingly tolerate other Hearts fans having a slightly different opinion to them

Childish shitebag? In what way am I a childish shitebag? I can tolerate plenty differing opinion on Hearts. There’s plenty people on here that I KNOW are Hearts and if they post negative I know they’re just frustrated and can always agree to disagree. I just get a bit jaggy with johnny come latelys that are a bit on the negative side. 
You’ll trip yourself up soon enough anyway imo. 

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Indeed, James. 👍

But strictly adhering to anti-social distancing.

Better safe than sorry, don’t you know?

Sorry I’ve no idea what your talking about

manaliveits105

Surely surely this funding wouldn’t go to premiership clubs - that would just be a slap in the puss for us 

it must be for championship down only surely ?

No you don’t need to respect my view. You do need to respect my right to have a view and post it without abuse or childish smirky allegations though. Thems the rules And you want to be pointing the finger at me being anything other than a Hearts fan, you better be able to prove it or .......you’re a shitebag hiding behind a keyboard IMO

I’m a shitebag hiding behind a keyboard yet you’re the one throwing insults about which could get you into trouble or conflict in real life? How does that one work exactly?

12 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

****ing comedian the Peterhead chairman

To be fair more sensible than their manager, not difficult mind you.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )