SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Is Dundee's vote being sent in by the guy that forgot to order our seats? Might have pressed delete instead of send.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

10 minutes ago, TheMensch said:

If that is even remotely true it means a quick call was made at 5pm to say we dont have your vote and followed by well we sent it and its no.

What is happening here is a stitch up and pressure being applied to one Championship club and i would hope they issue a statement.

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

If sponsors are following this then they will be knocking zeros off any deals for next season.

The SPL could be bad publicity.

Football will be a premium market when it gets going again with the whole world going a drought.  It does look a ****ing shambles mind you. 

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s changed his mind twice then? 

Cormack was also wrong about the rules for furloughed players. 

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

If that is even remotely true it means a quick call was made at 5pm to say we dont have your vote and followed by well we sent it and its no.

What is happening here is a stitch up and pressure being applied to one Championship club and i would hope they issue a statement.

Inverness will have concrete proof they’ve voted.   

Hungry hippo
19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I doubt it will happen but id like to see a strongly worded statement from Ann saying we will never forget this vote and the votes cast. Never

No need for us to make a statement tonight. The SPFL have made an arse of this and we should leave with enough rope to hang themselves.

Important to remember that Rangers have already officially said that they have heard from.other teams that pressure and coercion has been applied in order to influence the vote.

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Yep, that’s what is happening and it’s a scandal. Hope the SPFL get their just deserts.

3 minutes ago, stan said:

Is Dundee's vote being sent in by the guy that forgot to order our seats? Might have pressed delete instead of send.

He's at Inverness. 

22games nro
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Not the time, but have a think about what the vote was for and what Hearts position was.

it’s a shame , I liked going to pittodrie but will never ever go there again, I couldn’t stomach giving any of my money to any of the clubs that voted yes. and to be honest  I’d cut those teams allocations to a bare minimum at tynecastle, zero if we could  even if it cost us .

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Why do you call Dundee United "Dundee Hibernian"? I know it was their original name but they've been Dundee United for about 100 years. 

It reminds me of my hatred of all things Hibernian. Them, Hibs, Aberceltic and Celtic are Scottish Football's new axis of evil. **** them. Once a Hibernian, always a Hibernian. 

See that Maltese team, the Hibernians. I hate them too. 👍 

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Not the time, but have a think about what the vote was for and what Hearts position was.

Just like it was you clubs position in 1995 AND 2000.

Seaside jambo

The rest of Europe must be laughing at the way the SPFL s handling of this farce has turned out . What ever the result of this clusterf**k the people responsible should be held to account and emptied

Hans von Luck

Whenever we play any team at Tynecastle who voted against us, minimum charges apply set at say £40.00 with reduced allocation at 500.

would rather turn Tynecastle into a hostile fortress than welcome them who voted for this.

Celtic/Hibs included.

maroonsgotop
44 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Surely you give all teams the minimum they would win as a down payment and then make up the rest once you know if you can finish the season?

this is all about giving the league to Celtic

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

can they make their ****ing mind up whether the deadline is 5pm or in 28 days???

Yes. It's 28 days.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It reminds me of my hatred of all things Hibernian. Them, Hibs, Aberceltic and Celtic are Scottish Football's new axis of evil. **** them. Once a Hibernian, always a Hibernian. 

Edgy, staunch and uber. 👍

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

😂

maroonsgotop
49 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Surely you give all teams the minimum they would win as a down payment and then make up the rest once you know if you can finish the season?

Much too sensible but sadly wouldn't deliver the title to Celtic

heartsfc_fan

How the hell are they voting? A carrier pigeon not arrived or something?

Surely a simple email is all that is needed.

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I find it weird as #### why someone continually views and posts on a football clubs fan forum site, when he doesn’t even follow that club. Why, just why???

6 minutes ago, Seaside jambo said:

The rest of Europe must be laughing at the way the SPFL s handling of this farce has turned out . What ever the result of this clusterf**k the people responsible should be held to account and emptied

Scottish football will always be a laughing stock with the same old crows in charge.

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Just out of interest does anyone know how Dunfermline voted? If it was for us to be relegated didn't 3000 of our fans help them in a match when the clubs were in administration? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/dunfermline-athletic-1-hearts-2-2051272

They voted in favour. Already told my pars supporting mates they won’t see me at east end again. Pity, it’s always a good day out. 

eyesandears
26 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Imagine Vlad's statement right now

Jeff, we'd not be sitting bottom of the Premiership if Vlad was here but I hear you. Whatever position he'd be firing off brilliantly badly spelt grammatical error strewn bazooka shells in the direction of the SPFL along with a grenade towards Celtic while wondering who the hell this Leeann Dempster character is.

Independence
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I find it weird as #### why someone continually views and posts on a football clubs fan forum site, when he doesn’t even follow that club. Why, just why???

At least he is honest. 

Dagger Is Back
5 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

still voted yes though

Despite the fact that he knew they had 28 days. Do these people think we button up the back?

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The boy's high as a kite on the reek of sheepdip.    Off his chump.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

They voted in favour. Already told my pars supporting mates they won’t see me at east end again. Pity, it’s always a good day out. 

They are skint. Hopefully they'll go bust before they get any prize money.

9 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

it’s a shame , I liked going to pittodrie but will never ever go there again, I couldn’t stomach giving any of my money to any of the clubs that voted yes. and to be honest  I’d cut those teams allocations to a bare minimum at tynecastle, zero if we could  even if it cost us .

Yep. The sheep added to the rest of the rats. That’s 10 stadia that I will NEVER go to again.

As you say cut their feking allocation along with every other club that voted.

luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We shouldn't have voted imo. 

We will be viewed as happy to go along with the process until the result went against us. 

We could have asked for a court injunjion to halt the payments until this matter was decided in court. 

Now we have no chance. 

We have more or less volunteered to step down a division by voting. 

Ann has clearly misjudged the mood of the other clubs. 

She should offer her resignation when FOH take over. 

Not been on here for a few days now, but I was saying exactly this same thing earlier. I don’t think we should have voted. By doing so, we surely have to accept the outcome of the said vote.

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

and at a time like this. It’s bloody weird behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another statement in. Cormack says it was rushed. 

They are always in the opposite corner to Rangers 

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Mods, bin the sheep interloper for a start. 

nahh that's fascist nonsense.

Nookie Bear
Just now, ArcticJambo said:

nahh that's fascist nonsense.

Tough. I may withhold my MASSIVE annual payment to Kickback if we continue to tolerate fans of clubs that voted to expel us. 😆 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Independence said:

At least he is honest. 

I’m not questioning the guys integrity, just think it’s seriously odd behaviour.

32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I read on the BBC site that the clubs actually have 28 days to record their vote.

Surely that can't be right.

That is correct 28 days from 5pm today

maroonsgotop
35 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Aberdeen say they were assured of a 3rd option.

crikey they'll be believing in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy next

Edited by maroonsgotop

Clerry Jambo

Scottish Premiership set for increase to 14-team league next season

• Inverness and Dundee United would be promoted to top-flight
  • Hearts would be saved from relegation

Ewan Murray

Fri 10 Apr 2020 19.46 BST

•  
  •  
  •  
Shares

The most likely outcome in Scotland is a 14-team top flight.

The prospect of an expanded, 14-team top flight in Scotland next season is now a live one, after the Scottish Professional Football League’s plan to abandon the 2019-20 campaign remained in a state of flux.

The SPFL asked clubs to vote on a resolution which would have immediately declared standings in the Championship, League One and League Two as final on an average points-per-game basis. Likewise applied to the 12-team Premiership but only beyond 23 April after Uefa asked member associations not to abandon leagues before that point. A number of Scottish clubs have been anxious to have final placings funding released by the league, with the SPFL so far adamant that can only happen when the season is permanently halted.

As of 5pm on Friday – widely cited as the voting deadline – three clubs from 42 had failed to vote. It is understood the voting window is actually 28 days, with Friday only issued as guidance. While the shortfall is not relevant in context of the Premiership, League One and Two – where the necessary supporting votes had been submitted – the one remaining Championship club will now determine the entire outcome.

Advertisement

“It is very important that clubs consider carefully the resolution and we are grateful to those clubs who have voted already,” said a SPFL statement. “With the Ladbrokes Premiership and Ladbrokes Leagues 1 & 2 divisions each having approved the resolution, we await the voting slip from the one Ladbrokes Championship club that has yet to vote. We will provide an update as soon as we are in a position to do so.”

Nonetheless, the SPFL is believed to be close to convening a detailed consultation process on league restructuring, aimed at placating dissenting voices. The SPFL’s chief executive Neil Doncaster has previously and routinely been cool on reorganising the leagues, with the necessity for an 11-1 vote in favour from the Premiership also seen as problematic.

A 14-team Premiership, as is the most likely outcome, would spare Heart of Midlothian relegation from a current position of four points behind with eight games left. The Hearts owner Ann Budge is an advocate of a 14-team league, where the annual split could be retained at eight and six. Inverness would be promoted to the top league alongside Dundee United. Partick Thistle would remain in the second tier and Falkirk would join Raith Rovers in advancing from League 1. The SPFL could even choose to retain their pyramid model by promoting clubs from the Highland and Lowland Leagues to make up the 10 sides in League 2.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another statement in. Cormack says it was rushed. 

Aberdeen again! When the chance to change the league for the better (likely if this vote fails) they have failed to be a leader in the game. Spineless.

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Tough. I may withhold my MASSIVE annual payment to Kickback if we continue to tolerate fans of clubs that voted to expel us. 😆 

:fairenough:

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )