SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Typical Doncaster though 

It's not my fault it's a members organisation, I don't make any decisions, I just do what I am told 

For £400k a ****ING year 

19 minutes ago, FWJ said:

They won’t do it but it would be fun to watch them try.

Ha ha! Aye, part of me would like them to try as that WOULD be armagedon! 

I am confident season will be completed, although hes not ruled out Null and Void he did mention it would be catastrophic and I dont think many clubs will vote for it. If you are one of the diddy teams and you've just wasted all that money on testing you're not going to null and void the season not to get final placing money (although what are the odd loans which weren't available first time will magically be available now). It is also different from last time as we have greater understanding of the virus and testing is available. If we can get through the next few weeks unscathed I think cases will be going down and vaccination will be on the up. It will therefore become more safer to play football (professionally).

What annoys me most is the quote "we can't start making up rules on the hoof" eh! He keeps referring to the rules and how he cant change anything. He has absolutely no power, 300k a year and he's a glorified chair meeting man. The game up here is honestly done

Edited by AHS51

I’m not sure if Doncaster could survive it tbh. 

If the league did have to stop then we could potentially only do that temporarily with the remainder of the games up to the split being played to see the season out? All cup games could be paused and forfeits could become best practise rather than encouraging fixture backlogs

He needs to be seen as even handed in his dealings with the OF, if he gives Celtic a title they didn’t win but refuses to give Rangers a title under very much the same circumstances and then there will be hell to pay. I also don’t think he’s bought himself any good will with any of the clubs so may not survive another vote. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Rangers fans will probably set fire to Hampden for even mentioning voiding the season. They’ll be outside this morning. 

4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The members decide!!!! Haha ha!

Last season the members were given exactly ONE option. And it was pushed to the hilt, bullying and all, with no consultation and less than 48 hours notice.

But yeah the members decide!!! The plural there is the biggest pisstake.

Oh my god, not sure I've hated anyone more. Maggie Thatcher levels. And I'm from a mining family!

Bazzas right boot

No reason to null and void. 

Clubs- championship and above should just pay for players to get vaccinated quicker. 

Job done, continue after the vaccination if there is a need for a pause. 

LarrysRightFoot
42 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Typical Doncaster though 

It's not my fault it's a members organisation, I don't make any decisions, I just do what I am told 

For £400k a ****ING year 

That’s what I don’t get - what does he actually do? Organise meetings and take minutes?  

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

That’s what I don’t get - what does he actually do? Organise meetings and take minutes?  

And even those regularly miss important details, times if votes,loan or grant etc etc

Edited by TypoonJambo

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He’s a glorified office administrator

Lawell- Neil its Peter, there is no chance we are going to get 10 in a row, so I was wondering if we can wangle it, so that the season can be declared null and void, any ideas?

Doncaster- Pete funny that you should have called, I was just giving this some thought myself. Unlike the last time, we have not played 75% of the games yet, so we can use that as an excuse. Although those at Ibrox wont get a league title, we will have to nominate them as our first pick for the champions league, you will have to be second and do the qualifying round(s), so for God's sake employ a half decent manager/coach. We will give the winners of the Scottish Cup European place to 4th in the SPL again. We will keep the SPL teams onside as we will say no relegation.

The tricky one is the likes of Hearts, Falkirk and Partick Thistle, but I think I can get round them by definitely bringing in league reconstruction. Tell them some cock and bull story about Sky pulling out if we dont reconstruct and no other TV company is interested unless we have a larger top league, plus I reckon Sky or whoever will be willing to increase the deal by £20M and I can claim it's the best deal Scottish football has ever had.

This worked last time so I dont see why these gullible chairmen wont fall for it again.

Though this time Pete old pal, I will need you to give an impassioned speech for league reconstruction.

As a SPFL board member only you will be allowed to give a speech.

This way you can go for 10 in a row next season.

Lawell-Neil you have been thinking, good man, no wonder I said you are very capable. I will make the speech.

Cheers Neil, might even see a out a salary increase for you.

Doncaster-aww thanks very much Pete, you are a good mate. Me and the Mrs were finding it -a bit tough to get by on £388K a year.

Right Pete next board meeting let's put the plan in action.

Lawell-Ok Neil, next board meeting it is. As always lovely to chat with you.

Doncaster-Likewise old buddy likewise. Cheerio for now.

Lawell-Cheerio Neil and thanks for everything.

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Clubs- championship and above should just pay for players to get vaccinated quicker. 

Vaccinations are not available privately.

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

He’s a glorified office administrator

Scottish football really is a joke. Well in general football governance is a joke - I mean how can he and Mulraney (potentially) be on UEFA committees. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

If the season is voided it’s time the clubs reformed under a different organisation and left Celtic behind.  There would be no reason to do this just now other than to satisfy Lawell.  High time Doncaster was sacked. Surely someone should be calling for a vote of no confidence in him.

manaliveits105

The daily ****** has just pressed him until they got near what they wanted for a sensational storyline - really nothing to see here - he does need emptied though 

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If the season is voided it’s time the clubs reformed under a different organisation and left Celtic behind.  There would be no reason to do this just now other than to satisfy Lawell.  High time Doncaster was sacked. Surely someone should be calling for a vote of no confidence in him.

I'm sure Rangers called for a vote of no confidence in the summer at the time they allegedly had these damning documents only for the weasel clubs to rescue him and the SPFL cabal again. 

Donkey sure has 9 lives...He's used up a fair amount of them by now.....The clock is now ticking down on his tenure.....Celtic (Lawwell) will be working hard hard to get his "Celtic minded" replacement in before loosing that dominant position to the Rangers. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Null and void would surely bring the house of cards toppling down. 

The fact that no plan was put in place, after what happened last year, is an absolute disgrace. Doncaster should be getting an absolute grilling by the media as to why:

- there was no clear guidance on what circumstances would allow a postponement vs a forfeited game

- no guidance on how to manage further lockdowns

- no guidance on how leagues would end if football stopped prematurely

Its a farce. 

I agree, but the clubs refused to draw up a plan if last seasons scenerio should play out again. 

They voted against giving the board any power, a indirect vote of incompetence if there ever was one. 

More exposes the clubs self interest and short term outlook and the fact Doncaster is powerless, he's Litterally just an overpaid administrator. 

If, and it is a leviathan sized if, but if the season is voided and some sort of reconstruction is brought in, meaning we "go up", then so be it.

Watching Celtic melt down has been fun, and, if things remain, Rangers winning the league is the preferred outcome (for me at least).

But as I say, if we get up then I couldn't give a monkey's about the sectarian soap opera.  If anything the seethe from Ra Berz would be as amusing as Ra Sellic's ineptitude so far.

If it's voided and the status quo remains then that's another matter.

Fort Vallance
31 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Whatever Lawwell tells him to do.

15 minutes ago, Boris said:

If, and it is a leviathan sized if, but if the season is voided and some sort of reconstruction is brought in, meaning we "go up", then so be it.

Watching Celtic melt down has been fun, and, if things remain, Rangers winning the league is the preferred outcome (for me at least).

But as I say, if we get up then I couldn't give a monkey's about the sectarian soap opera.  If anything the seethe from Ra Berz would be as amusing as Ra Sellic's ineptitude so far.

If "null & void" was declared their would be civil disorder on the streets. no doubt about it!.......Foaming mouth bears are a totally different proposition to us and our civilised protests!

There is no doubt in my mind that the SG would have to get involved....police protection, arson, threats, all kinds of nasty stuff.
There is no way the SG would allow public disorder caused through SPFL incompetence.....The season will be played out, albeit it might be an abridged season......     

Edited by Hashimoto

36 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Lawell- Neil its Peter, there is no chance we are going to get 10 in a row, so I was wondering if we can wangle it, so that the season can be declared null and void, any ideas?

Doncaster- Pete funny that you should have called, I was just giving this some thought myself. Unlike the last time, we have not played 75% of the games yet, so we can use that as an excuse. Although those at Ibrox wont get a league title, we will have to nominate them as our first pick for the champions league, you will have to be second and do the qualifying round(s), so for God's sake employ a half decent manager/coach. We will give the winners of the Scottish Cup European place to 4th in the SPL again. We will keep the SPL teams onside as we will say no relegation.

The tricky one is the likes of Hearts, Falkirk and Partick Thistle, but I think I can get round them by definitely bringing in league reconstruction. Tell them some cock and bull story about Sky pulling out if we dont reconstruct and no other TV company is interested unless we have a larger top league, plus I reckon Sky or whoever will be willing to increase the deal by £20M and I can claim it's the best deal Scottish football has ever had.

This worked last time so I dont see why these gullible chairmen wont fall for it again.

Though this time Pete old pal, I will need you to give an impassioned speech for league reconstruction.

As a SPFL board member only you will be allowed to give a speech.

This way you can go for 10 in a row next season.

Lawell-Neil you have been thinking, good man, no wonder I said you are very capable. I will make the speech.

Cheers Neil, might even see a out a salary increase for you.

Doncaster-aww thanks very much Pete, you are a good mate. Me and the Mrs were finding it -a bit tough to get by on £388K a year.

Right Pete next board meeting let's put the plan in action.

Lawell-Ok Neil, next board meeting it is. As always lovely to chat with you.

Doncaster-Likewise old buddy likewise. Cheerio for now.

Lawell-Cheerio Neil and thanks for everything.

Lawell: oh, and Neil, next time we speak on zoom, can you eat a banana, I'm more used to you speaking with your mouth full when we meet.

12 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

If "null & void" was declared their would be civil disorder on the streets. no doubt about it!.......Foaming mouth bears are a totally different proposition to us and our civilised protests!

There is no doubt in my mind that the SG would have to get involved....police protection, arson, threats, all kinds of nasty stuff.
There is no way the SG would allow public disorder caused through SPFL incompetence.....The season will be played out, albeit it might be an abridged season......     

What are the government going to do ? They have done nothing about the Dubai trip, they did nothing bout the two parkhead protests and they did nothing about Celtic fans gathering at Hampden for the final all while Scottish football was on a ‘yellow card’ 

I think its fairly obvious that CURRENTLY we are in the midst of the WORST part of the Covid Pandemic (I've got it right now) and the football IS STILL being played so i can see NO reason why once the benefits of the vaccines are being seen and the numbers start dropping which will happen soon (as case numbers are dropping a bit) we won't finish the season 👍

1 minute ago, James1874f said:

What are the government going to do ? They have done nothing about the Dubai trip, they did nothing bout the two parkhead protests and they did nothing about Celtic fans gathering at Hampden for the final all while Scottish football was on a ‘yellow card’ 

The Government would IMO have to play it's hand. It would be forced to intervene. Dubai, Celtic protests and gatherings were a real pain in the ass, however they were a mere irritation in amongst the more important national problems at this time.
The "null & void" scenario however, again IMO is a real game changer.

Glasgow would look like a rerun of World War Z.....

This 'null & void" thread is just Doncaster trying to make himself sound important and relevant.   

36 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I'm sure Rangers called for a vote of no confidence in the summer at the time they allegedly had these damning documents only for the weasel clubs to rescue him and the SPFL cabal again. 

Donkey sure has 9 lives...He's used up a fair amount of them by now.....The clock is now ticking down on his tenure.....Celtic (Lawwell) will be working hard hard to get his "Celtic minded" replacement in before loosing that dominant position to the Rangers. 

They did. It was voted down after liewells rousing speech backing dungcaster. How many would vote for it now? The spfl/celtic have pissed off every single club, in some capacity, since then. VOID would be catastrophic for the spfl... and it would have to be voted for my member clubs. 
If that vote even got mentioned by the spfl, I’m pretty sure Rangers offer would be back on the table and it would pass, overwhelmingly. It would be game over for the spfl. 

I do hope there is stuff going on behind the scenes to remove Doncaster. 

It will be interesting to see what happens over the summer when Rangers/Celtic do their board position swap.  It would be nice to see some new faces put up for vote for the board and get rid of many of the lackeys that have facilitated the most divisive period of Scottish football I can remember. 

I recall Gary Deans saying he wouldn't stand last year as there was no point, Ann Budge has already been there and left very promptly.  Is there a way of getting the numbers in the board room that could influence change?  If it's ever going to happen it will happen when Rangers have their man/woman on the board because, right now, Celtic are controlling everything.  It would be great to think that behind the scenes we are working on candidates to stand that have our ear and perhaps things could improve.

Make no mistake Football politics are as cutthroat as Westminster/Holyrood.  Lets get some Trojans in the boardroom and blow it up from within. 

Edited by washniklaw

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wow dude, this post shows no self-awareness what so ever regarding the situation everyone is in and reeks of self entiltlement. Could you imagine trying to explain to Scottish family's who have lost someone or are waiting for older / high risk family members to be vaccinated that proffesional football players would be taking priority(as they where willing to pay) so that they could complete the season just to appease fans like you and me.

:jj_facepalm:

7 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

I do hope there is stuff going on behind the scenes to remove Doncaster. 

It will be interesting to see what happens over the summer when Rangers/Celtic do there board position swap.  It would be nice to see some new faces put up for vote for the board and get rid of many of the lackeys that have facilitated the most divisive period of Scottish football I can remember. 

I recall Gary Deans saying he wouldn't stand last year as there was no point, Ann Budge has already been there and left were promptly.  Is there a way of getting the numbers in the board room that could influence change?  If it's ever going to happen it will happen when Rangers have their man/woman on the board because, right now, Celtic are controlling everything.  It would be great to think that behind the scenes we are working on candidates to stand that have our ear and perhaps things could improve.

Make no mistake Football politics are as cutthroat as Westminster/Holyrood.  Lets get some Trojans in the boardroom and blow it up from within. 

I think dungcaster stating that null and void is not off the table, could now see a whole shitstorm developing in the press. Rangers will be all over this! We could be approaching popcorn time... for all dungcaster doesn’t say, I think this has been a whopper of a mistake. The bears will be frothing at the mouth. 

You are having a nightmare on this subject.

Tell me this please, who would they "pay" for these vaccines. There is absolutely no way to pay for these vaccinations in the UK at the moment and even this incompetent UK government would be mad to ever allow private vaccinations.

Do you really believe that our football industry is so important that it would be ok to allow fit young men to be vaccinated before the vulnerable in this country.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Agreed. I'm only interested on any impact on Hearts. New "best ever" TV contract makes null and void unlikely in my opinion.

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I keep hearing he is a good administrator, a ****ING glorified business support officer on a chief executive salary 

4 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

Tell me this please, who would they "pay" for these vaccines. There is absolutely no way to pay for these vaccinations in the UK at the moment and even this incompetent UK government would be mad to ever allow private vaccinations.

Do you really believe that our football industry is so important that it would be ok to allow fit young men to be vaccinated before the vulnerable in this country.

I was told of an acquaintance who paid £800 for 4 jabs for his family so he could go on holiday. 

I have also seen internet stuff on GPs who are allegedly trying to buy unused vaccines for private patients. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

I was told of an acquaintance who paid £800 for 4 jabs for his family so he could go on holiday. 

I have also seen internet stuff on GPs who are allegedly trying to buy unused vaccines for private patients. 

The Queen and Philip have had to wait!

If footballers were to get preferential treatment could you imagine the outcry from the other sporting communities?

I'm not sure I would trust these rogue GP's to inject me with any old s#it.....No doubt folk like Branson and others will try and jump the queue. 

This is a complete non story, pure Record click bait. I'd suggest it would be nigh on impossible to declare null and void due to Dungcaster's much vaunted SKY deal; as others have noted, paying back the SKY 'megabucks' would kill clubs like Hamilton. The only option that may float is to end the season early again. As I mentioned the other day, now the fixtures have been rearranged, we should have played every team in the Championship home and away by the end of February; that would SEEM a fair point to end if they had to.

However, as other have again noted, we are going through a very, very rough time yet football still continues to be played. Also the £500k grant will pay for ample testing. Feel for the likes of Partick and Falkirk though, shafted again!

Just now, Poseidon said:

Governments aren't allowed to intervene under FIFA rules. It wouldn't stop Scot Gov doing anything but I think the SFA could get in bother.

(I know its not them directly involved as it'd be SPFL it'd be under their banner)

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

The Queen and Philip have had to wait!

If footballers were to get preferential treatment could you imagine the outcry from the other sporting communities?

I'm not sure I would trust these rogue GP's to inject me with any old s#it.....No doubt folk like Branson and others will try and jump the queue. 

I'm not saying anyone should get preferential treatment. I was replying on the point claimed that the vaccine isn't available privately : it seems to be but then there are numerous vaccines that are (only) available privately. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

There are no doubt many stories of dodgy people trying to buy these vaccines, but the whole point is that our footballers should not have the ability to simply purchase their way to immunity or are you suggesting that they should do it on the black market.

Would you really pay £800 to have your family injected by who knows what by some dodgy "doctor". More fool them. 

Jim Goodwin saying if it was a competition about who has been the hardest hit during the pandemic it would be St Mirren, not Celtic.

Scumbags the lot of them.

2 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

This is a complete non story, pure Record click bait. I'd suggest it would be nigh on impossible to declare null and void due to Dungcaster's much vaunted SKY deal; as others have noted, paying back the SKY 'megabucks' would kill clubs like Hamilton. The only option that may float is to end the season early again. As I mentioned the other day, now the fixtures have been rearranged, we should have played every team in the Championship home and away by the end of February; that would SEEM a fair point to end if they had to.

However, as other have again noted, we are going through a very, very rough time yet football still continues to be played. Also the £500k grant will pay for ample testing. Feel for the likes of Partick and Falkirk though, shafted again!

Totally agree. 

Just now, corryjambo said:

There are no doubt many stories of dodgy people trying to buy these vaccines, but the whole point is that our footballers should not have the ability to simply purchase their way to immunity or are you suggesting that they should do it on the black market.

Would you really pay £800 to have your family injected by who knows what by some dodgy "doctor". More fool them. 

I'm not suggesting footballers should do anything. I've already explained the context of my post. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

No, I quite Cleary state that s not the case.

Get down from your soap box for a minute.

They'd pay the same way thousands if not millions across the world pay  private health care companies on a daily  basis for health care. Paying for health care is not a new concept.

I also Cleary state that football players should not be prioritised in terms of NHS lists  and should not impact them.

However, if private roll out is available not only in this but other countries then I see no issue  in any employer, individual or business paying for it so they get it faster. This in fact could reduce stress on the NHS and save them money and resource. It also shows a duty of care to it's employees who may be at risk.

I also Cleary say it's probably a  bit too soon, but clearly it will be available privately at some point, whether that be next week, month or year it will be available like everything else, It's actually available in India just now to pay for.

Not having a nightmare at all, Just spit balling ideas on a forum. Whether players get it or not does not effect me in any way, hardly a nightmare. It's not really something I am for or against either way. I have no hard feelings on the subject, I'm in no way emotionally invested in this. It was just a suggestion, one that if possible should be looked at imo by our governing bodies to find out if it is feasible or not.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not saying anyone should get preferential treatment. I was replying on the point claimed that the vaccine isn't available privately : it seems to be but then there are numerous vaccines that are (only) available privately. 

Exactly, folk can't separate that.

Professional sports people getting the vaccine paid for by the governing bodies or by their employers does not impact the NHS.

No one is suggesting football players get vaccinated on the NHS before nurses, elderly etc ffs.

Too many folk just can't wait to get all emotional and excited.

In fact, it could be argued-

Professional sports folk risk long term damage to their careers if they catch covid.

They are putting themselves and family  at risk by continuing to work. More so than many realise-  as they wear no ppe and social distancing is not possible when they work.

Paying for it would free up NHS resource and save tax payer money.

Professional sport continuing will help many folk in lock down-  mentally wise.

I

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Lawell: oh, and Neil, next time we speak on zoom, can you eat a banana, I'm more used to you speaking with your mouth full when we meet.

Very true😉

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

In regards to unused vaccines, I know the NHS is contacting local employers and asking if they want to use up any excess stock.

In the hospitals they are giving it to retail staff for example and contractors if they have any excess and more locally nhs have contacted the likes of the council to advise that they can have x amount of staff vaccinated.

Makes sense, especially with the Pfizer vaccine that can't be transported and is very delicate.

42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

In regards to unused vaccines, I know the NHS is contacting local employers and asking if they want to use up any excess stock.

In the hospitals they are giving it to retail staff for example and contractors if they have any excess and more locally nhs have contacted the likes of the council to advise that they can have x amount of staff vaccinated.

Makes sense, especially with the Pfizer vaccine that can't be transported and is very delicate.

Really? Find it hard to believe but happy to be educated 👍🏻

Tokyo Drifter

I said on here a week ago that the idea of null and void would be floated as soon as Celtic were too far behind for even the most deluded of their supporters to think they could still win the league. And lo and behold, one draw with Hibs later and here it comes. It's a win-win for Celtic: rob Rangers of the title and condemn Hearts to another season in the Championship. With MacLennan and Lawell effectively running the SPFL board, they can finagle the wording of any resolution to suit their ends. That said, there's absolutely no justification for null and void  - especially if we can get into mid-March, which is when the league was stopped last year and subsequently "called". 

kingantti1874

Exactly, folk can't separate that.

Professional sports people getting the vaccine paid for by the governing bodies or by their employers does not impact the NHS.

No one is suggesting football players get vaccinated on the NHS before nurses, elderly etc ffs.

Too many folk just can't wait to get all emotional and excited.

In fact, it could be argued-

Professional sports folk risk long term damage to their careers if they catch covid.

They are putting themselves and family  at risk by continuing to work. More so than many realise-  as they wear no ppe and social distancing is not possible when they work.

Paying for it would free up NHS resource and save tax payer money.

Professional sport continuing will help many folk in lock down-  mentally wise.

I

having them for sale full stop is wrong. No vaccines should be available for private sale until everyone has had the opportunity to get one.

im shameless enough to say if it were available I’d be putting my family at the top of the queue .. doesn’t make it right 

Lawwell and his web of cronies are supporting to make the Premiership and Championship null and void. The Celtic puppets in the League & SFA will come out with anything which is beneficial to Celtic. 

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )