SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, jumpship said:

If this is true then the last argument on why the league had to be abandoned is proven to be a lie. 

Will our thick media connect the dots? 

To be fair the thinking parts of the media have pushed for finishing the league from the start - Grant, Murray, English, Stewart, Halliday, Andrew Smith, etc plus some of our fans in the media like Geissler have all said the league could have been finished, or at least that option kept open longer.

The baying fools like Gordon, Miller, Jackson, Leckie and co backed the wrong horse in this one.

We were also told testing was going to financially cripple clubs, yet haven't heard any complaints about the costs of testing once or twice a week. It was a classic Doncaster "armageddon" statement with no truth to it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair the thinking parts of the media have pushed for finishing the league from the start - Grant, Murray, English, Stewart, Halliday, Andrew Smith, etc plus some of our fans in the media like Geissler have all said the league could have been finished, or at least that option kept open longer.

The baying fools like Gordon, Miller, Jackson, Leckie and co backed the wrong horse in this one.

We were also told testing was going to financially cripple clubs, yet haven't heard any complaints about the costs of testing once or twice a week. It was a classic Doncaster "armageddon" statement with no truth to it.

Spot on, three main arguments for season ending quickly was. Government, testing cost, No fans in stadium. 

All three proven to be wrong. 

1 hour ago, jumpship said:

Spot on, three main arguments for season ending quickly was. Government, testing cost, No fans in stadium. 

All three proven to be wrong. 

The main driver was the new TV deal : no way was that to be jeopardised. The rest was built around supporting that narrative.

davemclaren
Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

Does anyone know how long Aberdeen is in lockdown for ? Was it specified 

Minimum 7 days. 

CavySlaveJambo
5 hours ago, jumpship said:

If this is true then the last argument on why the league had to be abandoned is proven to be a lie. 

Will our thick media connect the dots? 

Here’s the problem constant testing is only as good as a series of photographs.  And a bubble should mean they are effectively in Quarantine with no contact with family, friends and the outside world. Not just tested twice a week. 

4 hours ago, James1874f said:

Rangers played Leverkusen at a full ibrox a day after the liverpool game. 

Germany wasn’t in any sort of lockdown. Madrid was in a full on lockdown at that point. 

9 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Here’s the problem constant testing is only as good as a series of photographs.  And a bubble should mean they are effectively in Quarantine with no contact with family, friends and the outside world. Not just tested twice a week. 

Germany wasn’t in any sort of lockdown. Madrid was in a full on lockdown at that point. 

Madrid wasn’t it entered lockdown on 14th March. Either way none of the fixtures across Europe should have went ahead or if they did they should have been behind closed doors, sure Valencia played Atalanta that week with both sets of fans allowed. 

SectionDJambo
43 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The main driver was the new TV deal : no way was that to be jeopardised. The rest was built around supporting that narrative.

And who was due a nice wee bonus for that deal starting on time?

The only person who seems to have avoided losing any money, in Scotland, from the pandemic halting professional football.

That man is maybe not as stupid as we think, but he is way off the radar in self preservation, by way of misinformation, deceit and following instructions from the puppet master.

CavySlaveJambo
42 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Madrid wasn’t it entered lockdown on 14th March. Either way none of the fixtures across Europe should have went ahead or if they did they should have been behind closed doors, sure Valencia played Atalanta that week with both sets of fans allowed. 

Madrid was one of the towns and regions in Spain in some sort of lockdown before the state of alarm on the 14th March.  

30 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Madrid was one of the towns and regions in Spain in some sort of lockdown before the state of alarm on the 14th March.  

Some sort isn’t a full lockdown, it shouldn’t have been allowed either way agree with that. 

• Moderators

If you want make this an overtly political thread I’ll happily move it to the Shed. Otherwise please focus on the football aspects. 

Does anyone know if the SPFL central payouts are the same percentage this season to clubs out-with the Premier division? And not reduced by 25% due to the reduction in matches?

August Landmesser
16 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

fixed it for Henry no comment required

'Paddyland' aye?

7 hours ago, James1874f said:

Rangers played Leverkusen at a full ibrox a day after the liverpool game. 

Well there's a smackdown! 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

FTC FTH 

Both Scottish teams, what's your point? Spell it out.

buzzbomb1958

Aberdeen lockdown to be extended with people being asked not to visit ,how are football players in a bubble ,they have families are they all tested as well, doesn't make sense to me how football can be exempted 

21 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I get the feeling that the demotions of the 3 clubs, isn’t going to be the end of the financial meltdown to Scottish football. Already, we are seeing increases in infections in Aberdeen, when it may be the case that people have not followed guidelines. Football fans, in my opinion, cannot be trusted to collectively follow any guidelines designed to get enough spectators back inside grounds.
Celtic fans have already shown how irresponsible they are, when last season was ended early. Nearly every time you go into a toilet at a game, there are guys happily smoking in there, showing a complete disregard for others. How are fans going to react to wearing masks and not singing or shouting for fear of spreading the virus?

I can see it being into next year before spectators are allowed back, and in the meantime, the much vaunted “working party” that was given priority over any talk of helping all the clubs by reconstruction, has failed miserably to form a cohesive, collective solution or plan to make games available to as many fans as possible. Fans money is being lost to Scottish clubs already, because of the incompetence of those who seem to be incapable of promoting wellbeing of the clubs, whilst being “delighted and vindicated” at punishing a few.

I wonder who the subservient press and SPFL board will blame when clubs start going bust because no leadership has been forthcoming to help clubs survive.

I think the likelihood of fans being back soon is very slim.  I'm not in the "no fans this season" camp but I think some of the optimism may have been given a reality check.  The idea that fans can shuffle in and out in an orderly fashion and sit quietly through the game is far-fetched as per what you said.

So, that brings us to the first OF game in October.  Will it have fans in it?  Will Celtic call for a postponement if the government says "too soon for fans."

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

I think the likelihood of fans being back soon is very slim.  I'm not in the "no fans this season" camp but I think some of the optimism may have been given a reality check.  The idea that fans can shuffle in and out in an orderly fashion and sit quietly through the game is far-fetched as per what you said.

So, that brings us to the first OF game in October.  Will it have fans in it?  Will Celtic call for a postponement if the government says "too soon for fans."

Perhaps a cheeky wee positive result leading to a postponement (later found to be a false negative after all)?

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Perhaps a cheeky wee positive result leading to a postponement (later found to be a false negative after all)?

Actually the more I think about it, the more I would love to see a ruling on no fans for the first OF game.  Celtic would not take it quietly, they would almost certainly demand a postponement on the grounds of "unfair advantage" to Rangers of having 2 home derbies with fans.  Oh, the seethe.  Oh, the irony of Celtic complaining of unfair advantages.

Would love to see the SPFL reaction in that scenario.  Some of the corruption would then get hauled to the surface one way or the other.

Now, I would never wish COVID on anybody and I'm as keen to see the number of cases go down as anyone - but if Jason Leitch was to put a pause on the return of fans just for a wee while, I'd be well pleased.

2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Aberdeen lockdown to be extended with people being asked not to visit ,how are football players in a bubble ,they have families are they all tested as well, doesn't make sense to me how football can be exempted 

Football isn't exempt. The "lockdown" in Aberdeen is closing pubs, cafes and restaurants and back to not visiting other people in their houses. People are still going to work as normal - as will any footballers/coaches. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Actually the more I think about it, the more I would love to see a ruling on no fans for the first OF game.  Celtic would not take it quietly, they would almost certainly demand a postponement on the grounds of "unfair advantage" to Rangers of having 2 home derbies with fans.  Oh, the seethe.  Oh, the irony of Celtic complaining of unfair advantages.

Would love to see the SPFL reaction in that scenario.  Some of the corruption would then get hauled to the surface one way or the other.

Now, I would never wish COVID on anybody and I'm as keen to see the number of cases go down as anyone - but if Jason Leitch was to put a pause on the return of fans just for a wee while, I'd be well pleased.

Would be lovely if that happened but i genuinely believe the league would somehow allow them to reschedule the OF game for later in the season - perhaps exercising their rights to skip a week to play a glamour friendly tie?*

*versus Dundee

SectionDJambo
20 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

If there are no spectators allowed, and Celtic apply for, and get, a postponement, then the cat really will be out the bag.

Morning Jambos. Anyone need to top up on their seethe? My hatred knows no bounds.

D7DE9320-76B1-43C5-8957-BD073F1C677E.jpeg

Edited by ShedBoy

Lol. A club that should be in the championship anyway making a banner to celebrate getting into the championship. Celtic levels of embarrassment immunity. 

Hagar the Horrible

So today is the big day for the all-powerful SFA, Their blazers will all be back from the dry cleaners.  Pub lunch sorted out afterwards so they can gloat, and revel in their own self-importance.  They probably did not get much sleep last night at the excitement

I have the feeling like the SFA/SPFL friendly panel the outcome is preordained.  They will have found us guilty in any case.  But they have to find that balance between hammering us properly, and still making sure that we have been put well and truly in our place. 

I think they will have a degree of over exuberance, and it crosses that Rubicon where it is now in the ball park for us to return to court as there is now nothing left to lose. But if they are careful the balance would be a £75k fine and/or a two game licence ban, to ensure our season is screwed, and the semi-final leaves us severely handicapped.

I think it will kick of further rage and another war of words, but here is a warring, we could really embarrass the SFA by making a statement in the Semi.

Now the SFA have paid for full ownership of Hampden, I would expect to see Queen Park rise through the ranks, with all the new found cash, where their competitors are still handicapped by Covid.  But I also expect to be hit with a fine, to help pay for the transfer of ownership.

At the moment I can’t see me being too bothered by them.  They can do their worst; This will be the third punishment for something we are not guilty of, apart from being hated by our rivals.  I will take solace from the lockdown being extended and it affects a host of clubs and the bigger the better!

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Morning Jambos. Anyone need to top up on their seethe? My hatred knows no bounds.

Look forward to that being tied around the Starks Park railings when the bailiffs move in.

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Being promoted by default, when there was a strong chance of failure, had the games been played, really isn’t something to brag about. They should grateful for their good fortune at the expense of Falkirk, and probably others.

This doesn’t exactly promote “building bridges”, does it.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Being promoted by default, when there was a strong chance of failure, had the games been played, really isn’t something to brag about. They should grateful for their good fortune at the expense of Falkirk, and probably others.

This doesn’t exactly promote “building bridges”, does it.

It's not the fans job to 'build bridges' so the flag is fair game (if a touch pathetic).

Of course, we reserve the right to reply should any club suffer unfortunate financial turmoil...

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's not the fans job to 'build bridges' so the flag is fair game (if a touch pathetic).

Of course, we reserve the right to reply should any club suffer unfortunate financial turmoil...

To me, it's really an admission that the baw is burst. Anything goes now. 

The story is, as you say,nothing much to do with fans (they are way down) but what happens in boardrooms and at the S F A and spfl

Edited by Riccarton3

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep, something along the lines of.............

F46CB95D-371B-40D7-91BF-D4F287F5F175.jpeg

Imagine trying to foster a rivalry with Hearts. This will be the most one sided rivalry since Raid v Bluebottles. 

:rofl:

17 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Imagine trying to foster a rivalry with Hearts. This will be the most one sided rivalry since Raid v Bluebottles. 

This.

Can't wait until we destroy these teams on the park. 

22 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Will it not be more aimed at Dunfermline and Falkirk?

I would love it if no fans are allowed in stadiums for the entire season.  Anything that causes more financial harm to Scottish football is a good thing to me, I won’t be happy until clubs like raith are dead. 

We will be fine and bounce back from it, hopefully it causes a lot of the other clubs to go under. 

Hagar the Horrible
8 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I would love it if no fans are allowed in stadiums for the entire season.  Anything that causes more financial harm to Scottish football is a good thing to me, I won’t be happy until clubs like raith are dead. 

We will be fine and bounce back from it, hopefully it causes a lot of the other clubs to go under. 

Even just to christmas,  that should wipe out most of the scum clubs, and the more the better

Hagar the Horrible

Any new of our daconian punishment, or is Borland chairing the meeting?

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

SectionDJambo
25 minutes ago, pablo said:

Will it not be more aimed at Dunfermline and Falkirk?

Probably 

Which is going to put them in a wee quandary. Dunfermline and Falkirk fans have conjured up a big rivalry in recent years. Now they’ve both got Raith Rovers to hate.

A case of my enemy’s enemy is my friend?

Partick Thistle also dumped to make room for Raith Rovers.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

😂 raith are right at the top of the list of teams I’m looking forward to battering the shite out of.. 

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

No need to see the flag again, but surely it should say "CHAMPIONS" since they didn't actually win the thing?

The Natural Order

Our fans pumped millions of pounds into the club when times were hard. Their fans scrapped a few quid together and bought a flag. Says it all really. Shitty little tin pot little club.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

There will be tears. If my team had voted themselves a league title and promotion the way they did I'd have been cringing with embarrassment every day since. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )