SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

How can anything be viewed as fair when one side has all the control and makes all the rules. 

Genuinely get the feeling SPFL are enjoying this.. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

36 minutes ago, OTT said:

We tried everything under the sun to get this resolved the correct way. The only we could attempt to ensure a 'fair' arbitration was to go to court in the hope it wouldn't be referred back to that nonsense. Sadly it was with the caveats about legal knowledge being on the panel (for whatever good that did). 

Any fine should be fought tooth and nail. To lump multimillion pound losses on us then have the audacity to throw on an obscene fine is frankly disgusting. They should be asking themselves why we felt it necessary to go to court. Why we didn't have faith in the SFA resolving this amicably. 

If the benefactors are prepared to foot the bill, drag this back into court. **** them. We're paying for no Christmas Party unless it includes Koolaid from Jonestown. 

I like your way of thinking!👍

7 minutes ago, jumpship said:

How can anything be viewed as fair when one side has all the control and makes all the rules. 

Genuinely get the feeling SPFL are enjoying this.. 

This is them sending a warning shot to anyone else who may dare to challenge their authority in the future. Now that they have the protection of having the evidence behind the secret arbitration wall they want to publicly show how imperious they are. 

What makes this so infuriating is the fact that they know that they can do this without anyone in the media asking hard questions about all of this. Far too many of the media ******s are incapable of forensically examining all of this and seeing where the real problems in Scottish football actually lie.  Dickhead Gordon’s interview with him recently reinforce that view. He did everything he wanted for him short of tickling his balls.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't know what the depth of feeling is amongst Hearts supporters but I can tell you this, I am officially bloody angry.

I hope our supporters don't set foot in the grounds of these clubs for a decade and in hibs case, 25 years.

I also hope our ongoing relationship with the two authorities is ice cold.

I am seething still 😁

Probably just as well we’re not allowed to attend games at the moment !

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The SFA have just announced Petrie has returned to his SFA role. Impeccable timing given we have a disciplinary hearing this week. More gloating on the way.

That’s a joke, right?

There's an article on the BBC site with a heading of which club will come 3rd in the premier league this season.  I won't be reading it but I wonder if it is OF gloating or blind ignorance of the sham of this competition.

Trying my level best to think dispationately about this, why was financial compensation not made available to the expelled clubs?  It is obvious that they would lose income from being placed in a lower league.

I am beyond disgusted with them.

David Black

We have to try and get enough backing to form a breakaway league. When Scottish football plummets to the depth it now has and the ruling body are those responsible, then it is the only way that the decent owners, clubs and fans will get treated properly. In all my 65 years of supporting Hearts the game in this country is in the sewers. Come FOH, put out some feelers and lets see what response we get. Nothing ventured,nothing gained. 

Aussie Jambo

Is it just me or has anyone else thought that while we were trying to reach a goal in setting up a new league (reconstruction) SPFL had given themselves more time to hide the crime. Jus sayin. 

16 minutes ago, David Black said:

We have to try and get enough backing to form a breakaway league. When Scottish football plummets to the depth it now has and the ruling body are those responsible, then it is the only way that the decent owners, clubs and fans will get treated properly. In all my 65 years of supporting Hearts the game in this country is in the sewers. Come FOH, put out some feelers and lets see what response we get. Nothing ventured,nothing gained. 

I couldn't agree more.  There are precedents for breakaway competitions, particularly in cricket.

Personally, I would love to see breakaway competitions which excluded the OF.  Couldn't give a toss if UEFA refused to recognise them from the outset.  They would eventually.

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I couldn't agree more.  There are precedents for breakaway competitions, particularly in cricket.

Personally, I would love to see breakaway competitions which excluded the OF.  Couldn't give a toss if UEFA refused to recognise them from the outset.  They would eventually.

Sorry but total fantasy to think that is going to happen

And a fantasy to think fans would support it in any meaningful numbers

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

There's an article on the BBC site with a heading of which club will come 3rd in the premier league this season.  I won't be reading it but I wonder if it is OF gloating or blind ignorance of the sham of this competition.

I also saw the headline but did not read it.

This is the level of complacency that can be expected frpm the Weegie based BBC these days.  Woeful.

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but total fantasy to think that is going to happen

And a fantasy to think fans would support it in any meaningful numbers

I agree with your first point but disagree with the other.  If 4 or 5 clubs were in hot pursuit of the title, I reckon the grounds would be packed.  And it's likely that 4 or 5 would be in contention, unlike now.

Austin MacGlee

Am I the only one who wants to see the judgement? I get what the clubs are saying re: arbitration etc but I still want to see anything that can be made available to the public. Guessing it must paint us in a bad light if we're so opposed to it but the SPFL and the media have done nothing but try to tarnish our image all the way through this so what's one more blow? It just makes us stronger anyway.

Only Hearts.

gorgie rd eh11

They want the bits that suit them made available but not the bits that don't suit them.

Still using their media lackies to spin Hearts and Partick as the bad guys while hiding the bones of what went on.

22 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Am I the only one who wants to see the judgement? I get what the clubs are saying re: arbitration etc but I still want to see anything that can be made available to the public. Guessing it must paint us in a bad light if we're so opposed to it but the SPFL and the media have done nothing but try to tarnish our image all the way through this so what's one more blow? It just makes us stronger anyway.

Only Hearts.

No point in only seeing the bits that Doncaster and Co want you to see without seeing the bits that they want to keep under wraps. Let’s see everything that way everybody can make up their minds properly.  Much to hide I would think. 
You would think the media here would be pressing for a full disclosure. - anywhere else apart from a North Korea perhaps, they would. That in it’s self tells you so much about the standard of journalism in Scotland.

jamboinglasgow
28 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

They want the bits that suit them made available but not the bits that don't suit them.

Still using their media lackies to spin Hearts and Partick as the bad guys while hiding the bones of what went on.

Exactly

Its a disgrace of an organisation.

Psychedelicropcircle
39 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Budge & Lowe need to call them out full disclosure or nothing! 

after all we only wanted to see wots been going on.

If they want it made public why did they want it back at arbitration and kept secret in the first place. They knew they had a better chance at arbitration and now they want certain parts made public after they win. This is just to add to doncasters justification statement. 

Hagar the Horrible
9 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

What does it say - I refuse to click on that rag and give them any revenue?

Can 1 poster to a C&P so we dont give them multiple hits

WorldChampions1902

I cannot but help think this is tied in some way to what penalties will be imposed at this weeks SFA disciplinary hearing. LC made clear that draconian measures could be legally questionable. I therefore expect a huge fine but with three quarters of it suspended - something like £75k payable now and £325k suspended. 

The beauty of that approach for the SFA is that £75k does not seem ‘heavy handed’ thus avoiding further court action from us. But more importantly, it gives the football authorities the perfect deterrent that should the league members decide on no promotion this season, we will think twice about challenging that decision in court should it come to pass.

46 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Can 1 poster to a C&P so we dont give them multiple hits

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-blast-back-hearts-partick-22463878

SPFL blast back at Hearts and Partick Thistle and accuse M8 Alliance of keeping fans in the dark

The governing body are unhappy with the two clubs after they criticised the SPFL for wanting to release the reasons behind the decision to relegate them.

Angry SPFL bosses are blaming Hearts and Partick Thistle for keeping their own fans in the dark over the reasons behind the decision to send them down.

A fresh war of words erupted last night between Hampden’s sixth floor and the relegated rebels after it was revealed the two clubs had teamed up to block the publication of the arbitration judgment on the controversial 
decision to end last season during the height of the Covid-19 crisis.

Record Sport can reveal that the league’s governing body have agreed that the findings should be made public and their stance has been backed by Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers who were also involved in the hearing.

But Hearts and Thistle refused to sanction the release of details despite originally calling for the process to be completely transparent and held at the Court of Session.

As bad blood boiled over, the M8 Alliance released a joint statement confirming they have torpedoed the move to allow the judgment to be published while accusing the SPFL of cherry-picking which parts of the 
confidential proceedings are kept under wraps.

Hearts and Partick Thistle hammer SPFL for granting arbitration panel permission to publish judgment

That prompted a tersely worded response from the league’s board.

Leeds chief Radrizzani hails Bielsa as 'perfect-fit' at Elland Road

In a statement issued 
to Record Sport an SPFL spokesman said: “The SPFL is content for the decision to be made public but the advice we have received is that, for it to become public, the 
Scottish Arbitration Rules require that all parties would have to agree to waive confidentiality in 
the decision. The SPFL would agree to that.”

A source familiar with the proceedings added: “It’s mystifying why anyone who values transparency would refuse to allow the full detailed decision to go into the public domain.”

The three-person panel rejected demands to 
overturn relegations and booted out a £10m joint compensation claim.

That came as a bitter blow and it will become even more painful next week when the arbitrators reconvene to decide how much money both clubs have to stump up to cover the cost of the huge legal fees incurred by the SPFL, United, Raith and Cove.

Jacqui Low and Ann Budge

Hearts and Partick could find themselves in more hot water on Thursday when they are hauled up in front of the SFA after being hit with a charge from the compliance officer for attempting to drag the civil war into 
the courts.

Potential punishments range from a £5,000 fine to being booted out of the league and having their SFA memberships torn up,

But they are determined not to back down from this battle over disclosure of the decision-making process.

In a joint statement they said: “We can confirm that the SPFL requested the judgment, and judgement alone, from the recent arbitration be shared with other member clubs – a request we opposed.

“Hearts and Partick Thistle always wanted this matter to be heard in open court in the interest of total transparency.

“If the SPFL hadn’t sought to have court action sisted for arbitration then all hearings would have taken place in the public domain, including necessary examination of witnesses, consideration of documentary evidence and full legal submissions.

“We don’t believe sharing the judgment on its own would be appropriate. Hearts and Partick Thistle have fully respected the rules and directions of the tribunal to ensure privacy of the proceedings.

“It is not surprising that Hearts and Partick Thistle expect the same respect for the tribunal’s directions and rules to be adhered to by the other parties who insisted on that forum for the dispute.

“The SPFL went so far as to tell the member clubs that if they even wanted sight of their answers to the Court of Session 
petition, they needed to enter court proceedings.

“We understand SPFL board members were not even allowed sight of their answers. The SPFL insisted on a private arbitration, it is not now appropriate for it to seek publicity of only one part of proceedings.”

By

Keith Jackson

Ross Pilcher

Edited by HMFC01

14 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I wish it was. Story starting to get some traction in MSM now.

Latest here. 

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18625932.sfa-president-rod-petrie-returns-role-surgery-forced-stand-temporarily/

I find this "standing down" idea more than a little strange.

Surely if you become ill or require to take time off from work for an operation you go on "sick leave" and the company you work for adjust their business to cope while you are away. The business continues to run until you return to work. 

bigsuperslim1874
12 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-blast-back-hearts-partick-22463878

SPFL blast back at Hearts and Partick Thistle and accuse M8 Alliance of keeping fans in the dark

The governing body are unhappy with the two clubs after they criticised the SPFL for wanting to release the reasons behind the decision to relegate them.

Angry SPFL bosses are blaming Hearts and Partick Thistle for keeping their own fans in the dark over the reasons behind the decision to send them down.

A fresh war of words erupted last night between Hampden’s sixth floor and the relegated rebels after it was revealed the two clubs had teamed up to block the publication of the arbitration judgment on the controversial 

Record Sport can reveal that the league’s governing body have agreed that the findings should be made public and their stance has been backed by Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers who were also involved in the hearing.

But Hearts and Thistle refused to sanction the release of details despite originally calling for the process to be completely transparent and held at the Court of Session.

As bad blood boiled over, the M8 Alliance released a joint statement confirming they have torpedoed the move to allow the judgment to be published while accusing the SPFL of cherry-picking which parts of the 

Hearts and Partick Thistle hammer SPFL for granting arbitration panel permission to publish judgment

In a statement issued 
to Record Sport an SPFL spokesman said: “The SPFL is content for the decision to be made public but the advice we have received is that, for it to become public, the 
Scottish Arbitration Rules require that all parties would have to agree to waive confidentiality in 

A source familiar with the proceedings added: “It’s mystifying why anyone who values transparency would refuse to allow the full detailed decision to go into the public domain.”

That came as a bitter blow and it will become even more painful next week when the arbitrators reconvene to decide how much money both clubs have to stump up to cover the cost of the huge legal fees incurred by the SPFL, United, Raith and Cove.

Jacqui Low and Ann Budge

Hearts and Partick could find themselves in more hot water on Thursday when they are hauled up in front of the SFA after being hit with a charge from the compliance officer for attempting to drag the civil war into 
the courts.

Potential punishments range from a £5,000 fine to being booted out of the league and having their SFA memberships torn up,

But they are determined not to back down from this battle over disclosure of the decision-making process.

In a joint statement they said: “We can confirm that the SPFL requested the judgment, and judgement alone, from the recent arbitration be shared with other member clubs – a request we opposed.

“Hearts and Partick Thistle always wanted this matter to be heard in open court in the interest of total transparency.

“If the SPFL hadn’t sought to have court action sisted for arbitration then all hearings would have taken place in the public domain, including necessary examination of witnesses, consideration of documentary evidence and full legal submissions.

“We don’t believe sharing the judgment on its own would be appropriate. Hearts and Partick Thistle have fully respected the rules and directions of the tribunal to ensure privacy of the proceedings.

“It is not surprising that Hearts and Partick Thistle expect the same respect for the tribunal’s directions and rules to be adhered to by the other parties who insisted on that forum for the dispute.

“The SPFL went so far as to tell the member clubs that if they even wanted sight of their answers to the Court of Session 

“We understand SPFL board members were not even allowed sight of their answers. The SPFL insisted on a private arbitration, it is not now appropriate for it to seek publicity of only one part of proceedings.”

By

Keith Jackson

Ross Pilcher

Cheers 👍

SectionDJambo

The SFA and SPFL would be better employed working on a plan for how to save as many clubs as possible, instead of being smart arses with Hearts and Thistle. If the situation we're seeing, in some areas, with people not following guidlines in pubs, and the infections from the one in Aberdeen, are anything to go by, there won't be any spectators inside grounds for a long while yet.

The scatter gun approach, of everyone for themselves, has locked out Kilmarnock fans, and others, from their match on tv on the first weekend. One example, already, of incompetence in not harvesting as much revenue as possible. Doncaster, once again, taking a back seat and will no doubt say he is only carrying out the will of the clubs. Their "working party", that was given priority over any serious reconstruction work, has had weeks to coordinate something between all the clubs, but has already been found to be hopeless. Meanwhile, Celtic tv organise themselves and don't seem to bother about the rest.

I certainly hope that James Anderson, or others like him, aren't expected to shore up these incompetent clubs, who seem incapable of any positive decisions that would actually help them survive this. If the SPFL, and it's member clubs, don't take their heads out of the sand, for the sake of chuckling at Hearts and Thistle, their celebrations and vindication will soon be a distant memory as they fall into ruin.

9 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Can you quote it? I'm not being used as clickbait from them.

It' only gives a one-liner in the BBC Gossip page and, like you, I'm not clicking through.

The story would only make me even angrier though.   Quite unbelievable how they (especially Rangers) can get away with this.

manaliveits105

Special thanks should go to my vice-president, Mike Mulraney, who stepped in to cover for my absence including chairing the Scottish FA annual general meeting. Thanks also to my colleagues on the board for ensuring continuity of seriously harming 3 member clubs who dared to question our incompetence in my absence.”

Fixed it for you Frod.

33 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

In a statement issued 

Jacqui Low and Ann Budge

the courts.

By

Keith Jackson

Ross Pilcher

SPFL two faced as ever.

19 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Special thanks should go to my vice-president, Mike Mulraney, who stepped in to cover for my absence including chairing the Scottish FA annual general meeting. Thanks also to my colleagues on the board for ensuring continuity of seriously harming 3 member clubs who dared to question our incompetence in my absence.”

Fixed it for you Frod.

Who the Hell questioned their incompetence? That's undeniable.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

SPFL two faced as ever.

Sure as ever 👍  Hypocrisy seems to be the word of the week.  They want transparency but are hauling both clubs in on disciplinary charges for taking it to court for transparency.  Of course they want to lighten the issue so fans are not left in the dark :ermm:  I am not sure if they are under pressure to do it or think it's a smart move to try get support from any kind of dissension among Hearts/Partick  regarding the court case.

I'd say anything they get quoted on and not officially say is equally bullshit.

3 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

If I knew how to Twitterate... #AllOrNothing

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I cannot but help think this is tied in some way to what penalties will be imposed at this weeks SFA disciplinary hearing. LC made clear that draconian measures could be legally questionable. I therefore expect a huge fine but with three quarters of it suspended - something like £75k payable now and £325k suspended. 

The beauty of that approach for the SFA is that £75k does not seem ‘heavy handed’ thus avoiding further court action from us. But more importantly, it gives the football authorities the perfect deterrent that should the league members decide on no promotion this season, we will think twice about challenging that decision in court should it come to pass.

They're sleekit enough to try something like that. On the other hand they probably are too close minded to think this up for themselves. Quick! Delete your post before they read it🤔

50 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Sure as ever 👍  Hypocrisy seems to be the word of the week.  They want transparency but are hauling both clubs in on disciplinary charges for taking it to court for transparency.  Of course they want to lighten the issue so fans are not left in the dark :ermm:  I am not sure if they are under pressure to do it or think it's a smart move to try get support from any kind of dissension among Hearts/Partick  regarding the court case.

I'd say anything they get quoted on and not officially say is equally bullshit.

The fact we have not agreed makes it look as if we have something to hide when in actual fact all they want revealed is the  judgement not all the evidence that accompanied it.

If it was down to me id divulge everything that's happened and make it public, everything. They can stick their confidentiality agreement up their Sheriffs. 

I'm passed caring about any punishments or whatever the SPFLSFA chuck our way, who cares.

Make everything public Ann, you know you want to.

Do courts (and arbitration panels, I guess) have their business recorded and transcribed?

If so - let's see it all. We and Partick Thistle should have nothing to hide. #AllOrNothing 

Diadora Van Basten

If it’s as thorough as Lord Clarke’s judgement then I would like to read it.

Not sure why Hearts would not want it published.

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If it’s as thorough as Lord Clarke’s judgement then I would like to read it.

Not sure why Hearts would not want it published.

If the SPFL and Calpol 3 want it published and we (hearts and thistle) don't I suspect it's not worth reading.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )