SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

I have got over it.

Doncaster's use of PPG to decide league position was the calculation used by the FA to determine positions in the lower leagues in England.  My only comment on this is that Brechin should have dropped out to be replaced by either Brora or Kelty.  Play off could have gone ahead in September.

Edited by Tasavallan

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I have got over it.

Doncaster's use of PPG to devide league position was the calculation used by the FA to determine poditions in the lower leagues in England.  My only comment on this is that Brechin should have dropped out to be replaced by either Brora or Kelty.  Play off could have gone ahead in September.

The Premiership play-offs could also have happened. The league didn't have to start August 1st. It could have started mid-Sept.

41 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Arab strip is one of the shittiest in world football hopefully a yoyo season beckons thatwould be delicious 

Just a yo club would do for me. They needn't bother coming back up again.

Kenneth Dubeke
55 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Stephen Thomson wanted his inheritance back. His old man was spending it all on Dundee United. Stephen had no such sentimental attachment, so he stuck wee Jackie McNamara in as manager, gave him a percentage of transfer fees and told him to shift everything that wasn’t bolted down. Then he ****ed off and left them in the shit. Got to hand it to him really. 

Many of their fans are ignorant welly tossing bumpkins and I would shit myself laughing if they were liquidated.

Tick-tock you inbred junkie rats.

:pleasing:

Eddie Thompson was a titan of business compared to his son, who is basically stupid 

1 minute ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Eddie Thompson was a titan of business compared to his son, who is basically stupid 

Yeah, he looks a bit touched. What was the ultimatum he gave the fans a few years ago? I vaguely remember some kind of offer that if the fans bought x amount of tickets, he would do something? It’s bugging me trying to remember, but think it was some kind of near impossible proposition that would mean not selling players or something... 🤷‍♂️

gashauskis9

I see Wigan lost their appeal against a points deduction.

Cue the powers that be doing the opposite up here once some of the shitebags start going to the wall.  

colinmaroon
8 hours ago, Club_Marmalade said:

If Anne was originally calling for the process to be completely transparent and now seems like she wants it all swept under the carpet. That is a worry and I feel that we all deserve to know what went on now. If she is the face of hearts it is her responsibility to not be two faced about things. I don’t think she has came away from this lookkng very good at all and has damaged hearts reputation. If she wants things swept under the carpet then it makes me wonder what is it she is hiding and why!!!

What a load of bullcrap!

All - i.e. EVERYTHING in the open. not just the Pravda version - or nothing! 

Who wanted it ALL under wraps?  SPFL and your QC!

And now you come away with this ill-informed, ignorant, cringeworthy rubbish.

You are a hypocrite, along with all the other self-serving toadies that allow the SPFL Board and Llawell to do their thing - unaccountable, in secret.

For the SPFL to talk about transparency is the joke of the Millenia!

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What a load of bullcrap!

All - i.e. EVERYTHING in the open. not just the Pravda version - or nothing! 

Who wanted it ALL under wraps?  SPFL and your QC!

And now you come away with this ill-informed, ignorant, cringeworthy rubbish.

You are a hypocrite, along with all the other self-serving toadies that allow the SPFL Board and Llawell to do their thing - unaccountable, in secret.

For the SPFL to talk about transparency is the joke of the Millenia!

Well said Colin.

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, Club_Marmalade said:

If Anne was originally calling for the process to be completely transparent and now seems like she wants it all swept under the carpet. That is a worry and I feel that we all deserve to know what went on now. If she is the face of hearts it is her responsibility to not be two faced about things. I don’t think she has came away from this lookkng very good at all and has damaged hearts reputation. If she wants things swept under the carpet then it makes me wonder what is it she is hiding and why!!!

Stinking

Bazzas right boot
On 02/08/2020 at 16:31, Homme said:

So we don't have a sponsor and whist on the look out for one he comes out in our National broadcaster and tells everyone it's "not attractive commercially". 

That'll have them flocking to give us money. 

When is this prick going to get emptied?? 

I ****ing hate him. Actual hate him. 

Every fan hates him. 

Of every club. 

It's just that because it was us, folk thought it was banter and ganged up. 

Most football fan hates the of, hates the 11-1 voting system, hate the small league and wants change

. But because it was us folk went against it. 

Opportunity missed. 

8 hours ago, Rods said:

Hopefully some clubs are now putting pressure on Doncaster to find out what went on and Hearts/Partick have said well we wanted the transparency and you never so you have made your bed now lie in it.

The other clubs don't give a shit. The SPFL board allowed the lower leagues to vote themselves a truncated season on the basis the Scottish govt will allow open  doors from October onwards. All the other clubs care about now is avoiding financial oblivion. 

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

True but titan of business for a guy that owned a few corner shops is a bit much. Eddie wanted his daughter to take over the reigns but her husband managed to kill himself riding a harley davidson while having a proper licence or insurance so she never did take over. 

colinmaroon
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Premiership play-offs could also have happened. The league didn't have to start August 1st. It could have started mid-Sept.

But,  but - - - - Celtic!!!

Kenneth Dubeke
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

True but titan of business for a guy that owned a few corner shops is a bit much. Eddie wanted his daughter to take over the reigns but her husband managed to kill himself riding a harley davidson while having a proper licence or insurance so she never did take over. 

A titan of business comparatively! I believe she is considered quite capable , a Lawyer if I remember correctly 

CF11JamTart
3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

But,  but - - - - Celtic!!!

Exactly Colin. That seems to be what it's all about.

Brick Tamland

With Aberdeen now in Lockdown and a 5 mile ban in place I wonder how they will manage to play games.... 

Hagar the Horrible

With Aberdeen pretty much in a local lockdown, should their game with St. J not be cancelled?

Anything that caused maximum distruption to the SPFL I am for

Austin MacGlee
23 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I want to see the written reasons for why the Dundee vote was considered to be valid

Me too. Deluded Hibs fan I work with is adamant it's company law that it can be changed from no to yes but not the other way round. Aye ok then pal, keep injecting the smack. 

Austin MacGlee
23 hours ago, Club_Marmalade said:

You're at it with this post. 

13 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

With Aberdeen now in Lockdown and a 5 mile ban in place I wonder how they will manage to play games.... 

12 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

With Aberdeen pretty much in a local lockdown, should their game with St. J not be cancelled?

Anything that caused maximum distruption to the SPFL I am for

Elite sports aren’t included with the restrictions. 

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

The should be to those who shafted us at the drive through

Aberdeen just put back into lockdown with 5 mile travel restrictions.  Surely that means Aberdeen’s next game can’t go ahead and they are also meant to be at home next week.  Curious to see how the SPFL weasels their way around that one.   Hope it causes as much chaos and disruption as possible to them.  

22 hours ago, trotter said:

Mods, come on. They aren't even trying anymore...

You can usually spot the impostors. They are the ones who don't use upper case H when typing H-e-a-r-t-s. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

The SPFL has a cheek classing itself as elite.

SectionDJambo

I get the feeling that the demotions of the 3 clubs, isn’t going to be the end of the financial meltdown to Scottish football. Already, we are seeing increases in infections in Aberdeen, when it may be the case that people have not followed guidelines. Football fans, in my opinion, cannot be trusted to collectively follow any guidelines designed to get enough spectators back inside grounds.
Celtic fans have already shown how irresponsible they are, when last season was ended early. Nearly every time you go into a toilet at a game, there are guys happily smoking in there, showing a complete disregard for others. How are fans going to react to wearing masks and not singing or shouting for fear of spreading the virus?

I can see it being into next year before spectators are allowed back, and in the meantime, the much vaunted “working party” that was given priority over any talk of helping all the clubs by reconstruction, has failed miserably to form a cohesive, collective solution or plan to make games available to as many fans as possible. Fans money is being lost to Scottish clubs already, because of the incompetence of those who seem to be incapable of promoting wellbeing of the clubs, whilst being “delighted and vindicated” at punishing a few.

I wonder who the subservient press and SPFL board will blame when clubs start going bust because no leadership has been forthcoming to help clubs survive.

Are all clubs in Scotland now in a bubble where they have to all stay in the same location.If not then surely they won’t be allowed to travel out with the Aberdeen area?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
27 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Me too. Deluded Hibs fan I work with is adamant it's company law that it can be changed from no to yes but not the other way round. Aye ok then pal, keep injecting the smack. 

Apparently that is true although I have no idea 

Rangers getting ready for 2nd leg Europa league tie with bayern leverkuesn(sp).. 

Every left over game/competition from last season that gets played makes a further mockery of and shows Scottish football up for the farce, incompetantly run, corrupt shit show it is. 

Edited by muldoon74

colinmaroon
23 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Sorry, but in context, I find that to be hilarious.

Edited by colinmaroon

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Busman2 said:

Are all clubs in Scotland now in a bubble where they have to all stay in the same location.If not then surely they won’t be allowed to travel out with the Aberdeen area?

I could be wrong but there’s no way all these clubs have their employees in one location, the cost prohibits this. Leicester were allowed to play games when they were in lockdown, hopefully the SG won’t allow it.

Edited by Pasquale for King

24 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I get the feeling that the demotions of the 3 clubs, isn’t going to be the end of the financial meltdown to Scottish football. Already, we are seeing increases in infections in Aberdeen, when it may be the case that people have not followed guidelines. Football fans, in my opinion, cannot be trusted to collectively follow any guidelines designed to get enough spectators back inside grounds.
Celtic fans have already shown how irresponsible they are, when last season was ended early. Nearly every time you go into a toilet at a game, there are guys happily smoking in there, showing a complete disregard for others. How are fans going to react to wearing masks and not singing or shouting for fear of spreading the virus?

I can see it being into next year before spectators are allowed back, and in the meantime, the much vaunted “working party” that was given priority over any talk of helping all the clubs by reconstruction, has failed miserably to form a cohesive, collective solution or plan to make games available to as many fans as possible. Fans money is being lost to Scottish clubs already, because of the incompetence of those who seem to be incapable of promoting wellbeing of the clubs, whilst being “delighted and vindicated” at punishing a few.

I wonder who the subservient press and SPFL board will blame when clubs start going bust because no leadership has been forthcoming to help clubs survive.

I'm not singling out Celtic but does anyone think the wankers in the Green Brigade will listen to reason ?  They are a bunch who thrive on their notoriety and refusal to comply : arguably the worst "fans" in Scotland.  I find it funny that Lawell is always making comments about  getting people back in stadia when it's his club that is most likely to screw it up for everyone else. 

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not singling out Celtic but does anyone think the wankers in the Green Brigade will listen to reason ?  They are a bunch who thrive on their notoriety and refusal to comply : arguably the worst "fans" in Scotland.  I find it funny that Lawell is always making comments about  getting people back in stadia when it's his club that is most likely to screw it up for everyone else. 

The trouble Celtic may have is that they should have a higher authority telling them how it’s going to be. No Neil Doncaster to front a stitch up this time. No doubt their propaganda apologists, in the press and on radio, will try to garner public pressure, but it will be interesting to see how far they go, and how easily the Scottish government are to deal with.

We’ll be guaranteed to hear all the crap about them being TGFITW, whilst conveniently forgetting all the fines they’ve had from UEFA, who aren’t intimidated by them, as they are a bigger bunch of gangsters.

colinmaroon
38 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Sad but brilliant post!

Send that as a letter to the Herald.

Harry Potter
On 30/07/2020 at 18:14, Psychedelicropcircle said:

This thread has ran its course I’d say!

Unlike the seeth in my mind, will never forgive our football clowns that run our game or certain clubs.

If this is true then the last argument on why the league had to be abandoned is proven to be a lie. 

Will our thick media connect the dots? 

How can they guarantee what the players get up to and where they go in their spare time????   There were players caught breaking the rules down south several times.  Jack Grealish???  So I take it they just take their word for it and allow Aberdeen players and staff to travel???? 

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, jumpship said:

If this is true then the last argument on why the league had to be abandoned is proven to be a lie. 

Will our thick media connect the dots? 

Unlikely !!     What is this "constant testing of football staff means they operate within a bubble " ?   Are players under strict isolation at home when they're not training ?   Wives not allowed to go out either in case they bring the virus ?      CMcL  keeps coming up  with statements like this  just to sound intelligent and knowledgeable.

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Unlikely !!     What is this "constant testing of football staff means they operate within a bubble " ?   Are players under strict isolation at home when they're not training ?   Wives not allowed to go out either in case they bring the virus ?      CMcL  keeps coming up  with statements like this  just to sound intelligent and knowledgeable.

Yeah,rather hear such guidance coming from actual health advisors. Not a parrot for the SPFL

11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If the ScotGov gives the go ahead its proof the season could/should have been finished. Proves that SPFL/Dongcaster lied or was incompetent. The information given to clubs that the season couldn't be finished was false. 

Again, its down to our pathetic media to ask the questions. But they won't and its not about the old firm.. 

h1b5 and celtic* fans are left looking like morons. No change there though. 

Edited by jumpship

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, jumpship said:

If the ScotGov gives the go ahead its proof the season could/should have been finished. Proves that SPFL/Dongcaster lied or was incompetent. The information given to clubs that the season couldn't be finished was false. 

Again, its down to our pathetic media to ask the questions. But they won't and its not about the old firm.. 

The think hibs and celtic fans are left looking like morons. No change there though. 

I get where you're coming from ...... but no doubt the SPFL would just claim that  testing capacity didn't exist back in April and the medical experts didn't know when it would become available,  and that they couldn't do anything to risk the  precious new Sky deal on 1st August.  Full of convenient excuses, that shower.

Kenneth Dubeke
35 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

He's a real smug prick. Bad enough on wireless but worse in front on the camera with the exaggerated facial movements 

55 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The trouble Celtic may have is that they should have a higher authority telling them how it’s going to be. No Neil Doncaster to front a stitch up this time. No doubt their propaganda apologists, in the press and on radio, will try to garner public pressure, but it will be interesting to see how far they go, and how easily the Scottish government are to deal with.

We’ll be guaranteed to hear all the crap about them being TGFITW, whilst conveniently forgetting all the fines they’ve had from UEFA, who aren’t intimidated by them, as they are a bigger bunch of gangsters.

I suspect that the Scottish Government will be easy to deal with; after all Celtic asked that crowds be allowed back - a date in September is provisionally announced. The Celtic support has a vote in any election. While I am pleased to say that I am not too familiar with many, the very few that I know are very anti UK and strongly pro independence. Sadly, while not for all, for many politics and football go hand in hand.  

Independence
6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I suspect that the Scottish Government will be easy to deal with; after all Celtic asked that crowds be allowed back - a date in September is provisionally announced. The Celtic support has a vote in any election. While I am pleased to say that I am not too familiar with many, the very few that I know are very anti UK and strongly pro independence. Sadly, while not for all, for many politics and football go hand in hand.  

As Aberdeen city centre is due to go into lock down from 5pm tonight there is not a chance football fans will return any time soon. Schools and education will be given huge priority and quite right too. Your overview of politics in Scotland is a bit simplistic and you do not seem to have a grasp of what governments main responsibility is....the safety of its population. That will always come first! As to bowing to Celtic - what utter nonsense! Do you remember when this started the Scottish Government cancelled the old firm game whilst Boris let the Liverpool v A Madrid go ahead!!!! This game caused the pandemic to spread with so many Spanish fans in town.

Edited by Independence

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

He's a real smug prick. Bad enough on wireless but worse in front on the camera with the exaggerated facial movements 

Indeed.   He had the same smug air about him when he was reporting on Andy Murray's big tournaments - similar "stating the obvious" drivel came out his mouth though.   He did a TV interview with AM last year (after he started playing again) and I got the impression that AM  was answering his questions out of politeness only.   

It seems that BBC Scotland sport only employ  smug ar5ehole reporters now (Jonathan Sutherland, David Currie etc) who willingly amplify the  glorious achievement of Celtic winning  a zillion-in-a-row trophies, without questioning anything.   I won't be watching or listening to any of their guff football programs for a long, long time.

34 minutes ago, Independence said:

As Aberdeen city centre is due to go into lock down from 5pm tonight there is not a chance football fans will return any time soon. Schools and education will be given huge priority and quite right too. Your overview of politics in Scotland is a bit simplistic and you do not seem to have a grasp of what governments main responsibility is....the safety of its population. That will always come first! As to bowing to Celtic - what utter nonsense! Do you remember when this started the Scottish Government cancelled the old firm game whilst Boris let the Liverpool v A Madrid go ahead!!!! This game caused the pandemic to spread with so many Spanish fans in town.

Rangers played Leverkusen at a full ibrox a day after the liverpool game. 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, henryheart said:

I suspect that the Scottish Government will be easy to deal with; after all Celtic asked that crowds be allowed back - a date in September is provisionally announced. The Celtic support has a vote in any election. While I am pleased to say that I am not too familiar with many, the very few that I know are very anti UK and strongly pro Paddyland. Sadly, while not for all, for many politics and football go hand in hand.  

28 minutes ago, Independence said:

Thanks for your comments;  I'm sorry if my overview of Scottish politics appears to you to be a bit simplistic and that you don't think I've got a grasp of the government's priorities, but unlike yourself I am politically neutral and I don't have an agenda.  I understand fully the way politicians operate, no matter what the colour of their rosette; during my 39 year working life I have dealt with politicians of all persuasions on an almost daily basis.  I simply responded to a poster indicating that I suspect the Scottish Government will be easy to work with. Nothing you have written persuades me otherwise. 

3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

I get where you're coming from ...... but no doubt the SPFL would just claim that  testing capacity didn't exist back in April and the medical experts didn't know when it would become available,  and that they couldn't do anything to risk the  precious new Sky deal on 1st August.  Full of convenient excuses, that shower.

You are right, nobody knew what was around the corner. But it was clearly the wrong decision to end the league so quickly. You can take that scenario and apply that to any situation. 

(Car has broke down, not taking it to a garage, just going to scrap it) 

The decision was criminal, clubs were given nothing but worst case scenario so better vote to end the league. 

Accountability..... 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )