SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

My concern at the moment is, that if the Championship clubs are working on the premise that the league is only viable due to crowds being back from October onwards, what if that is not the case? Are these clubs still able to pay their players without matchday income?

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

My concern at the moment is, that if the Championship clubs are working on the premise that the league is only viable due to crowds being back from October onwards, what if that is not the case? Are these clubs still able to pay their players without matchday income?

Nope, most will struggle with the cost of testing especially if it has to be done twice a week.

Also there is now chatter that the Abersheep player has turned up to training putting the whole squad into potentail isclolation

If true.....BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aberdeen player test positive, more chaos in the top league. Gutted 😜.

I wonder if this player played against Sevco who iirc had something wrong or dodgy about their Covid testing?

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

That'll be Aberdeen's next 2 games delayed.

They won’t be able to train either surely?. Could really **** up their fixtures. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

They won’t be able to train either surely?. Could really **** up their fixtures. 

Could be a good thing overall for them if the games are played later and fans are allowed in. 

Hagar the Horrible

One sheep player has tested possitive, but more than one player was out at the covid hotspot in Aberdeen city centre thus breaking the bubble guidelines.  Decision will be made shortly on the game, and lets see the spin on this one?

I say a vote to relegate them?

2 minutes ago, Jumper said:

I wonder if this player played against Sevco who iirc had something wrong or dodgy about their Covid testing?

Im sure rangers players will have all been tested before leaving the country. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Could be a good thing overall for them if the games are played later and fans are allowed in. 

There will be no crowds in stadiums this year. Even doubtful there will be crowds until a vaccine is found so the quicker clubs get into this way of thinking the better it will be for them. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Im sure rangers players will have all been tested before leaving the country. 

Yeah I'm sure they will have been. I was thinking more along the lines of Sevco having problems with their testing around the time they played the sheep though.

Just now, Jumper said:

Yeah I'm sure they will have been. I was thinking more along the lines of Sevco having problems with their testing around the time they played the sheep though.

Didn’t see that mate, sorry. 

Hagar the Horrible
4 minutes ago, Jumper said:

They went out to the city centre after that game but the Hawthorns bar was the 26th,  if they went out to that game, then the rangers game was the 1st August, could explaing why aberdeen looked like they were in a coma

If the corrupt SFA does suspend us for any length of time today this certainly won't be too bad of a season for that to happen, I expect more chaos and teams unable to play financially!

Just now, Hagar the Horrible said:

They went out to the city centre after that game but the Hawthorns bar was the 26th,  if they went out to that game, then the rangers game was the 1st August, could explaing why aberdeen looked like they were in a coma

Cheers. 

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There will be no crowds in stadiums this year. Even doubtful there will be crowds until a vaccine is found so the quicker clubs get into this way of thinking the better it will be for them. 

Looking more and more likely now.

People can't be trusted to social distance in pubs, who would've thunk it?

I'd expect a few clubs to start shitting themselves now.

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Looking more and more likely now.

People can't be trusted to social distance in pubs, who would've thunk it?

I'd expect a few clubs to start shitting themselves now.

Players have clearly broken the bubble rules, there is zero chance of fans not foaming at the mouth at Bobby Madden, And celtic are not exaclty the most hygenic under normal condintions.  They will all sing, most fans will sing and shout.

The Natural Order
2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Yep, something along the lines of.............

F46CB95D-371B-40D7-91BF-D4F287F5F175.jpeg

Or.....

index.jpg

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

agreed. Not a chance - no way will the government take chances they don’t determine to be necessary

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Jumper said:

If I’m right they’re testing on a Monday, if he caught it after that and played on Saturday he could’ve infected Rangers players, who’ve then been tested on Monday and flown to Leverkusen without their results. I’m sure it would’ve been caught somewhere, but folk have tested positive and been asymptomatic. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

If I’m right they’re testing on a Monday, if he caught it after that and played on Saturday he could’ve infected Rangers players, who’ve then been tested on Monday and flown to Leverkusen without their results. I’m sure it would’ve been caught somewhere, but folk have tested positive and been asymptomatic. 

Games are seen as virtually zero risk for contracting virus. Just now anyway. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Games are seen as virtually zero risk for contracting virus. Just now anyway. 

Can’t see why though considering the guidelines on masks and social distancing. Outside or not sweat and droplets from breath or shouting at corners for example can transmit it. Fingers crossed though eh 😱😜

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t see why though considering the guidelines on masks and social distancing. Outside or not sweat and droplets from breath or shouting at corners for example can transmit it. Fingers crossed though eh 😱😜

Yeah.

They still don't know enough about how virus is caught. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah.

They still don't know enough about how virus is caught. 

It will be interesting to see how someone in a supposed bubble has caught it though. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cheers.

3 hours ago, Pnatt said:

Football isn't exempt. The "lockdown" in Aberdeen is closing pubs, cafes and restaurants and back to not visiting other people in their houses. People are still going to work as normal - as will any footballers/coaches. 

Absolutely correct 3 hours ago when you posted this. Unfortunately things seem to have taken a turn for the worse since then.

Poor Aberdeen, what a shame, never mind

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It will be interesting to see how someone in a supposed bubble has caught it though. 

Hagar's post on the previous page might help you.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

Absolutely correct 3 hours ago when you posted this. Unfortunately things seem to have taken a turn for the worse since then.

Poor Aberdeen, what a shame, never mind

😆😂👍🏽

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Hagar's post on the previous page might help you.

I read that, I was hoping they had it before the game, just being greedy. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If your bubble incudes shagging a farm animal you are always going to have problems. 

Scottish football couldn't organise a piss up in brewery and  Doncaster is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. 

It's going to become clear there should have been two leagues, full time and those able to play from the 1st, and a second - those that were happy to mothball. 

Hagar the Horrible

Good news is if there are no fans inside stadiums before Christmas, then it only affects 3 home games for us.

The Aberdeen fiasco could be a wake up call for a host of clubs, and it should ensure that costly testing twice a week continues

OH Yes

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Good news is if there are no fans inside stadiums before Christmas, then it only affects 3 home games for us.

The Aberdeen fiasco could be a wake up call for a host of clubs, and it should ensure that costly testing twice a week continues

OH Yes

It was down to once a week until a St Midden coach tested positive, this should keep it at twice a week as you say 😆

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

at best i would imagine there would be at most 25-30% of capacity allowed. but yes i agree i doubt any fans will be allowed in. look at england cancelling the fans to test events like the snooker and cricket

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If your bubble incudes shagging a farm animal you are always going to have problems. 

Scottish football couldn't organise a piss up in brewery and  Doncaster is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. 

It's going to become clear there should have been two leagues, full time and those able to play from the 1st, and a second - those that were happy to mothball. 

Common sense and Scottish football has never went hand in hand, absolute shambles.  

Hagar the Horrible

Because the clubs are obliged to return their testing results within 48 hours of a game, they will decide soon, however the trace and track issues will be interesting especially if there were other players confirmed were indeed confirmed to be in the pub, and this player has been at training while being leprous.

you can pass this one but all fail the next one.  I think a new test needs to be done before the game can go ahead

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

at best i would imagine there would be at most 25-30% of capacity allowed. but yes i agree i doubt any fans will be allowed in. look at england cancelling the fans to test events like the snooker and cricket

And the bubble in a test match context means both teams staying in a hotel at the ground for 3 weeks!!

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

And the bubble in a test match context means both teams staying in a hotel at the ground for 3 weeks!!

And having no close contact with anyone else.

Typical sheep shagging *******s. Too tight to buy their own so they buy one and pass it around. Poor Dolly’s arse will be like a wizard’s sleeve. 

Italian Lambretta

Liewell will be bending Dungcastors ear to call a halt to the league a proclaim ra sellick champions after 1 game. 10 in a row has been secured. 

I was at my local last night for the first time since the lockdown in March, it was great to get out again, anyway a celtic guy who we know well was allowed at our table and a hibs fan was at the bar, funny enough he was the only one who didn't wear a mask entering the pub claiming a medical condition, oddly enough he is an avid Trump supporter, neither of these guys would discuss Scottish football and what has happened to Hearts, the celtic guy seems embarrassed by the whole thing!

J.T.F.Robertson
40 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Are we expecting further SFA vindictiveness today?

:smoking:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Disciplinary Tribunal Update | Heart of Midlothian FC

Thursday 6 August 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: Heart of Midlothian FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 78 - No member or Associated Person shall take a dispute which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99 to a court of law except as expressly permitted by the terms of Article 99.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 6 August 2020

Outcome: £2500 fine

Disciplinary Tribunal Update | Partick Thistle FC

Thursday 6 August 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: Partick Thistle FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 78 - No member or Associated Person shall take a dispute which is referable to arbitration in terms of Article 99 to a court of law except as expressly permitted by the terms of Article 99. 

Principal hearing date: Thursday 6 August 2020

Outcome: £2500 fine

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )