SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I just found it incredible that the BBC would allow their one question slot to be taken up by that ar$ehole asking to have Celtic Park opened up for one match because it is safer.  Aye right!

Thing is, some folk will agree. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

The Treasurer
29 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Chris McLaughlin what a twat .

He should be condemning any ugly planning to travel in large numbers to Blackpool or anywhere else ,not making cheap stupid points .

Hopefully the English police are waiting to turnround busses full of uglies and send them back.Given the tier 2 rules in place in the Blackpool area, large groups should not get access to pubs anyways ,.

Southbound trains out of the Weeg on Saturday could be fun

24 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I just found it incredible that the BBC would allow their one question slot to be taken up by that ar$ehole asking to have Celtic Park opened up for one match because it is safer.  Aye right!

Brasso for their brass necks. 

Nothing surprises me with these idiots. 

34 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

It gives all football fans a bad name. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The thing is, I do understand the desire to get fans back. But the OF derby should be the very last game that it happens at. 

This. 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

He should be condemning any ugly planning to travel in large numbers to Blackpool or anywhere else ,not making cheap stupid points .

Hopefully the English police are waiting to turnround busses full of uglies and send them back.Given the tier 2 rules in place in the Blackpool area, large groups should not get access to pubs anyways ,.

The Policeman from Carlisle seemed to be prepared for them, bound to be trouble all over the north of England or pubs up here that can show the game in their beer gardens. 

57 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Or put a big screen up at Sellafield and divert them all there, for a month.

Stop them before they get there and hold them in an area away from the town and turn them around bang on kick off and they’ll miss the game anyway.

9 minutes ago, stranraer-jambo said:

FM was seething when he asked this. Visibly shaking her head and an expression of WTF.

I thought she was quite polite. 

I think we can all read the script here. 

Old Firm fans will make a nuisance of themselves in North of England then SG will enforce the red card for football. 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Stop them before they get there and hold them in an area away from the town and turn them around bang on kick off and they’ll miss the game anyway.

That area two hours later:

walking-dead-zombies-destroyed-city-horror.jpg

Bazzas right boot

All what is happening just now-  but aye lets let a mass gathering a a ****ing football game just because so said fans can't behave themselves, follow rules and watch it on tv.

What a ****ing stupid question.

It's like saying , lets set up a child brothel as peodos will just do it anyway so at least if you can control it, that is a good thing or as in the USA arm teachers and students because gunmen will be about.

What a ****ing stupid question and reasoning.

Edited by Smith's right boot

So the first minister is being asked why fans who can’t be trusted to follow the rules aren’t allowed inside stadiums? 

Of course should they have been given permission, the very same fans behaviour before, during and after the game will of course be exemplary, I presume!?

This from the BBC who dare not condone the behaviour of said fans but rather act as a cheerleader for this country’s most despicable and desperate football club.

Utterly shameless.

Edited by Whatever

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep.  Hopefully the police carry canisters of strong deodorant spray when they board the bus - give the occupants a  good hosedown with it, before sending the bus back up the road.   Should help bring the R number down a fair bit.  A win-win all round.  :jambobanana:

FTFY 

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

First minister should just have told him not to be so effin stupid. 

Then reminded him that buses would be stopped by the police. 

I think that is what she did!

It would be terrific if these so called fans disgrace themselves in one way or another this weekend and NS comes down on them and their clubs like a ton of bricks.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I thought she was quite polite. 

I think we can all read the script here. 

Old Firm fans will make a nuisance of themselves in North of England then SG will enforce the red card for football. 

No fans will be allowed at games if there are problems in England. 

Prick BBC Chris not quite grasping the situation. 

3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

40 other clubs playing this weekend. 30 starting their league campaign. There is no talk of Hearts fans en-mass travelling to plague ridden hotspots to watch the game in a oub. We don't have mass house parties to watch Friday's grudge match. So why is it bleeding necessary for a sports journalist. To ask for special measures to allow thousands of covid ridden weegies to gather in a stadium in a football club who claim to be world leaders in covid control yet have players travelling in planes spreading it everywhere. OF fans will ensure that there will be no fans this year. And I would laugh if the SG told them to play the game when pubs are shut ir better not put them on the TV at all.

A lot of people said at the time it was an insult to the 3 leagues starting to play the Old Scum game the same weekend.

Guest ToqueJambo

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-54538028 - "Ms Sturgeon made an appeal to football fans in particular, saying supporters of Rangers and Celtic should not travel south to watch Saturday's derby match between the Glasgow rivals."

They've spun it to make it look like Sturgeon is targeting football and OF fans, and Blackpool. I remember when the BBC was a brilliant broadcaster, not a taxpayer funded version of the Daily Record.

The link to the story from the sports section is even more shameless: "First Minister Nicola Sturgeon singles out Celtic and Rangers fans..." 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Questions like that give all of us a bad name. I have no doubt we could get 2000 fans in any decent stadium like ours without any hassle but the agenda is being driven for this ******* old firm game. 

Said a while back that the SPFL should be concentrating on getting fans into leagues 1&2 grounds where they can fit the majority or all of their support with plenty of room. But no, it’s all about two clubs. 

What really ****** me off is that I would quite like to get back to a ground but the way the SPFL are going about this just alienates they very people who can give us the green light. 

Of course, we need voices like the Alloa chairman to speak up and change the dialogue, but fat chance. 

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-54538028 - "Ms Sturgeon made an appeal to football fans in particular, saying supporters of Rangers and Celtic should not travel south to watch Saturday's derby match between the Glasgow rivals."

They've spun it to make it look like Sturgeon is targeting football and OF fans, and Blackpool. I remember when the BBC was a brilliant broadcaster, not a taxpayer funded version of the Daily Record.

The link to the story from the sports section is even more shameless: "First Minister Nicola Sturgeon singles out Celtic and Rangers fans..." 

It was posted by some on here recently that Sturgeon was anti football . Also wouldn't do anything against Celtic (and rangers?) because it would lose her votes

5 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Just heard that ar5sehole Chris McLaighlin ask a question at the SG briefing - asking if it's now safer to just allow fans back in to football stadiums given that loads of OF fans  are planning to head to Blackpool  to watch their bigotfest on TV !!   

Unbelievable nonsense.... but not unexpected from someone like him.

Sturgeon politely told him to GTF.   :glorious:

Mclughlin is a grass pass it on lol 

Didn't think Blackpool could be anymore of a sh1tehole, but throwing potentially a couple of thousand Arse Cheek fans into the mix has certainly dropped that bar! Disease and violence ahoy for the already poor folk of Blackpool. Just film it all and sell the footage to AMC as a spin off to The Walking Dead!! 

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

First minister should just have told him not to be so effin stupid. 

Then reminded him that buses would be stopped by the police. 

yep. She should of told him to GTF and grow up. She should of also added that due to his question and the impending actions of the arse cheek rodents they have successfully managed to put football fans in stadia back even further .

that man is a complete roaster for even asking that question. All in the name of brownie points with the arse cheeks 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I saw that at lunchtime. 

Surely a wind up when part 2 was shut schools. 

Twisted logic doesn't begin to describe it, plain arrogance and simply disgusting. 

Totally disrespectful to the parents sent to the brink by home schooling. 

What a ****ing clown 

highlandjambo3
21 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Didn't think Blackpool could be anymore of a sh1tehole, but throwing potentially a couple of thousand Arse Cheek fans into the mix has certainly dropped that bar! Disease and violence ahoy for the already poor folk of Blackpool. Just film it all and sell the footage to AMC as a spin off to The Walking Dead!! 

Blackpool is one of the worst dumps I have ever visited.....on an equal par with dumpdee 

The bigot game is live on TV here just after midnight on Sunday.  There are no restrictions here and nz is full of sports bars.  

There is a very good prospect of mayhem if any managers are foolish enough to screen the game.  

Will let you all know.

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Or put a big screen up at Sellafield and divert them all there, for a month.

This is a plan I approve of....

55 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Walking Dead , The World Beyond the World Beyond....

55 minutes ago, sadj said:

This is a plan I approve of....

Walking Dead , The World Beyond the World Beyond....

😂 

2 hours ago, Fraggle said:

😀  Indeed.   Blackpool heading for Tier 3 status soon, as a result.  

I don’t have a lot of time for Sturgeon but McGlaughlin is a typical weegie, Tim, Labour arsehole bigmannatnaw. Think they’re the centre of the ****ing universe when I’ve stepped on more important dog shite. 

25 minutes ago, Zico said:

I don’t have a lot of time for Sturgeon but McGlaughlin is a typical weegie, Tim, Labour arsehole bigmannatnaw. Think they’re the centre of the ****ing universe when I’ve stepped on more important dog shite. 

An impressive turn of phrase used in perfect context.

Bravo.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I could try and say something similarly  but that's superb 

Let the arse cheeks go and infect each other in manky Blackpool and then infect their brethren.  Let the mayhem be in Lancashire and not Lanarkshire.

Covid will be the least of Blackpools problems when those daft ***** start bumping into each other in the pubs. They should close the pubs for the day to save innocents getting caught up in the chaos.

13 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

OF fans causing bother in English towns, that will fast track them to their English league dream... The locals will be delighted too.

Just ask the people of Manchester.

On Sportsound on Monday Craig Levein suggested that it was common place to have the OF fixture played ahead of the international games. A clear bias to minimise the chances of players being injured and missing the Derby.

This season the pressure was to get the OF game played as late as possible in the first round of matches to allow more chance for fans to attend, lo and behold the OF game is scheduled for last possible round of fixtures (game 11). Now they are complaining that the international games are causing players to miss the bigotfest. You couldn't make it up.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )