SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

21 minutes ago, heartened said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-54546050 - Call for Old Firm match to be free to watch on TV. Have our politicians not got anything better to do with their time?

Biased article, no word about what the Scottish Blues think.

The weekend's Old Firm match should be free to watch on TV to encourage football fans to stay at home, the Scottish Greens have said.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

The weekend's Old Firm match should be free to watch on TV to encourage football fans to stay at home, the Scottish Greens have said.

Why not have all games free on TV in then ?

I'm sure Sky will be more than happy to give up exclusive rights to the only game they give a shit about in Scotland

17 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Chris McLaughlin bank account needs checked - that episode reeks 

BBC should sack him for asking 

McLaughlin epitomises everything that’s wrong with journalism here. An absolute skitter stain of a man.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

On Sportsound on Monday Craig Levein suggested that it was common place to have the OF fixture played ahead of the international games. A clear bias to minimise the chances of players being injured and missing the Derby.

This season the pressure was to get the OF game played as late as possible in the first round of matches to allow more chance for fans to attend, lo and behold the OF game is scheduled for last possible round of fixtures (game 11). Now they are complaining that the international games are causing players to miss the bigotfest. You couldn't make it up.

So much for a random, computer generated, fixture list. This example, mentioned by Craig Levein, and the obvious manipulation of the fixtures this season to maximise the chance of spectators being allowed into this first old firm game, are clear indications of how corrupt Scottish football is. 

I remember the fixture secretary being on Sportsound, in the summer, getting away with telling Dick, and his dense chums, that some guy in America did the fixtures without any guidance except for any seasonal fixtures. Aye right.

When this kind of thing goes on, what else have they been getting away with in favour of the bigot bubble?

56 minutes ago, heartened said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-54546050 - Call for Old Firm match to be free to watch on TV. Have our politicians not got anything better to do with their time?

I think it's been suggested with the best intentions tbf. 

If it's free on cooncil telly no need to go to the pub. 

This could be the red card for Scottish football if OF fans disobey the rules. 

I just hope it would be the Premier that gets stopped as lower league shouldn't be punished because of that mob. 

ToadKiller Dog
39 minutes ago, graygo said:

Wrong headed from the Greens ,reward the uglies because they are threatening to not behave .

Have the two sisters put out statements asking the hordes not to travel or are they thinking that if the ugly massive cause trouble the gov might open the stadiums?.

6 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Wrong headed from the Greens ,reward the uglies because they are threatening to not behave .

Have the two sisters put out statements asking the hordes not to travel or are they thinking that if the ugly massive cause trouble the gov might open the stadiums?.

Sky would never give up their rights. 

Can you imagine BBC or SG paying them compensation ? 😂

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Covid will be the least of Blackpools problems when those daft ***** start bumping into each other in the pubs. They should close the pubs for the day to save innocents getting caught up in the chaos.

That would be brilliant.

The cheek hordes descend on a weekend away in Blackpool in order to watch the game in the pubs and find that the pubs are closed down.

A great Carlsberg moment in the making

stuckinsunderland

The way to go is for the authorities in England to organise one of their "random" multi-agency roadside checks.

-have the DVSA do the transport checks for safety and licencing -FINE for the driver and owner of the rolling wreck

- police handing out fixed penalty notices for COVID infringements.  "right boys, want to prove to me that you're all travelling together from the same household?"- FINE

- have the relevant environmental authorities (SEPA/ EA joint response) for the pollution offences they cause through breath and noise pollution, not to mention I'm sure transporting those animals must be an offence.

- those that do get through get turned away because the local police visit a few boozers the days before to warn pubs that they will be to blame (and FINED) if they accommodate the filth so you get a second chance to hit them with the above points.

ginger jambo98
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Free to air, doesn't mean it's any safer. People will still gather in each other's houses. 

Agree. If Sky were forced to make a decision, they would just not air it meaning no house gatherings, then deduct a suitable amount from their payment to the SPFL. 

Hagar the Horrible

Mibbies we should all head off to Blackpool to watch the game tomnorow night. Fill the pubs on Saturday and ask to watch Saturday kitchen when their did day derby is on.

23 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Good post. 👍

Despite Sturgeon's plea not to travel to English hotspots for any reason, these bampots will probably still do it.   Not sure how it could work legally, but banning coach hire travel on the day  (beyond 20 miles)  would have helped - Central belt, Lanarkshire, Ayrshire pubs are closed anyway.

But it sounds as if the police will  be monitoring things - maybe stopping buses on the M74 ?     Hopefully some tasty repercussions to come, which would simply add weight to the "nae fans" lockdown.  

Bound to be a number of fines for drinking on the buses.  Surely bus companies will be selective or are they desperate for money.

Wouldn't like to be on a train heading south either.

Thought it funny Blackpool was blamed for increase in Covid because Weegies had gone down, annual visit, to see ra lights ken.

Nothing to do with crowding into pubs and sharing the virus amongst themselves.  

Edited by jambosdad
Spelling

CLUB STATEMENT

SMFC Webteam Saints News 15 October 2020

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that two first-team players have returned a positive COVID-19 test result in our most recent round of routine testing.

The players who returned positive tests will self-isolate in line with Scottish Government guidelines. We can also confirm that another player is in self-isolation as a precaution.

As a result, the three players will be unavailable for this weekend’s match against Motherwell.

Everyone at the club wishes those involved a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming everyone back once it is safe to do so.

3 hours ago, stuckinsunderland said:

The way to go is for the authorities in England to organise one of their "random" multi-agency roadside checks.

-have the DVSA do the transport checks for safety and licencing -FINE for the driver and owner of the rolling wreck

- police handing out fixed penalty notices for COVID infringements.  "right boys, want to prove to me that you're all travelling together from the same household?"- FINE

- have the relevant environmental authorities (SEPA/ EA joint response) for the pollution offences they cause through breath and noise pollution, not to mention I'm sure transporting those animals must be an offence.

- those that do get through get turned away because the local police visit a few boozers the days before to warn pubs that they will be to blame (and FINED) if they accommodate the filth so you get a second chance to hit them with the above points.

Even better, there's a huge lorry inspection point just south of Abingdon Police Scotland could use. 

Less than one hour from Weegieville. 

Lancs police will be too busy sorting out Liverpool to do anything around Blackpool. 

14 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

CLUB STATEMENT

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that two first-team players have returned a positive COVID-19 test result in our most recent round of routine testing.

The players who returned positive tests will self-isolate in line with Scottish Government guidelines. We can also confirm that another player is in self-isolation as a precaution.

As a result, the three players will be unavailable for this weekend’s match against Motherwell.

Everyone at the club wishes those involved a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming everyone back once it is safe to do so.

Just three players short of a kilmarnock postponement precedent. 

Shame 😁 🎣 

39 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

CLUB STATEMENT

Hopefully they get humped at the weekend. What a manky mob they are in Paisley.

Old firm fans are living in a dream world.

Liverpool v Everton is kicking off at the same time. Like pubs in Blackpool and Carlisle are going to be showing that sham show over a top of the table merseyside derby. 

8 minutes ago, Rods said:

Liverpool v Everton is kicking off at the same time. Like pubs in Blackpool and Carlisle are going to be showing that sham show over a top of the table merseyside derby. 

Quite a lot of Scots live in the Fylde so some pubs will show it. 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Even better, there's a huge lorry inspection point just south of Abingdon Police Scotland could use. 

Less than one hour from Weegieville. 

Lancs police will be too busy sorting out Liverpool to do anything around Blackpool. 

Liverpool hasn't been part of Lancashire since the mid 70s, NJ. :)

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, ritchies75 said:

CLUB STATEMENT

Bobby better get his boots/gloves ready

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Quite a lot of Scots live in the Fylde so some pubs will show it. 

Are all of those scots old firm fans? I wonder how many scousers live in Flyde.

The old firm fans think the world revolves around them( aided and abbetted by our governing bodies) Here in the real world there is a big English clash on at the same time and the majority of people outside Scotland will be watching that game. 

15 minutes ago, Rods said:

The old firm fans think the world revolves around them( aided and abbetted by our governing bodies) Here in the real world there is a big English clash on at the same time and the majority of people outside Scotland will be watching that game. 

I worked down there for a couple of years and was surprised at the number of them around. Influenced to move there by childhood holidays. 

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Definitely the bigger game this weekend and hopefully a win for the toffees 

1 hour ago, eyesandears said:

Hopefully they get humped at the weekend. What a manky mob they are in Paisley.

their ‘Heartbreaker’ promo shite when they played the vermin coming back to bite them. 
obviously hope the players are ok but would be awfully pleased if they got humped by Motherwell. Come on the steelmen 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

That would be brilliant.

The cheek hordes descend on a weekend away in Blackpool in order to watch the game in the pubs and find that the pubs are closed down.

A great Carlsberg moment in the making

Giving what happened in Manchester with one set of fans pissed off, I don't think the locals would find it "brilliant". 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, ritchies75 said:

CLUB STATEMENT

Tbh Every club will go through this. 

I hope we get past the sf before we get hit with it. 

Sturgeon begging Sky Sports to make the OF game free so the knuckle draggers don’t pile into the pubs of North West England.  More likely that giving more access to the game in homes will lead to folk piling into each other’s gaffs.

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Sturgeon begging Sky Sports to make the OF game free so the knuckle draggers don’t pile into the pubs of North West England.  More likely that giving more access to the game in homes will lead to folk piling into each other’s gaffs.

I think so. 

Overestimate the number of people who watch this game with it being Sky Sports. 

If you look at the percentages for free to air versus pay to view audiences, it's much better to leave it on Sky Sports. 

58 minutes ago, Rods said:

The pub will show what the clientele want. If the pub is full of scousers then it will be the Liverpool derby.

If it's full of weedgies then it will be the Glasgow derby.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The pub will show what the clientele want. If the pub is full of scousers then it will be the Liverpool derby.

If it's full of weedgies then it will be the Glasgow derby.

Pubs in general will be showing the big game in England thats the merseyside derby.  Imagine if it was half and half I would say the English game would take precedence. 

Rangers fans think because they wave union jacks that English people consider them important they dont. Its the same with the other cheek waving Irish flags does not boost your importance in that country. 

45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I worked down there for a couple of years and was surprised at the number of them around. Influenced to move there by childhood holidays. 

I would imagine there is a lot of Scots everywhere and I am not doubting your claim. I just think Liverpool is a lot closer and it is England. 

manaliveits105

Strange isnt it that outside Scotland and maybe Northern Iron nobody gives a tinkers cuss about "the greatest derby game in the world "except a few expats  - who knew - it would shock the Weegia to the core who would be in denial.but thats fACT 

The Wrinkly Ninja

If there is any concern that broadcasting the uglies game will lead to lack of social distancing here or over the border then surely the solution is to not broadcast the game?

57 minutes ago, Rods said:

Pubs in general will be showing the big game in England thats the merseyside derby.  Imagine if it was half and half I would say the English game would take precedence. 

Rangers fans think because they wave union jacks that English people consider them important they dont. Its the same with the other cheek waving Irish flags does not boost your importance in that country. 

I would imagine there is a lot of Scots everywhere and I am not doubting your claim. I just think Liverpool is a lot closer and it is England. 

I lived in England for 26 years. 

A pub will put on the telly what its clientele want. Most pubs have multiple TVs now so there will be many with the capacity to show both games at the sametime. I never had any bother seeing a Hearts game on Sky down there.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

If the government or local authorities feel that an event is likely to be a danger to public safety then it should be banned, whether its a football match, concert or a protest march 

17 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If the government or local authorities feel that an event is likely to be a danger to public safety then it should be banned, whether its a football match, concert or a protest march 

Can’t argue with that.  

2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Utterly stupid comments from her, she could have just said pay the tenner for the nowtv day pass, it’s miles cheaper than the fines that will be dished out for breaking COVID rules.

No incentive whatsoever for Sky to give up any part of something they’ve paid £125m for.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If this game is a risk because of morons, aka fans, Sturgeon should say that any inappropriate behaviour will mean fans are banned for the whole season.

Meanwhile, Hamilton Academical head coach Brian Rice has revealed that defender Jamie Hamilton has tested positive for the virus, too.

Hamilton was part of the Scotland under-19 squad who had a game against England abandoned last week when coach Billy Stark was found to have the illness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54553075

Sellick frocked support unable to travel to the Vatican to watch the game as it now a banned destination.

Creme de menthe!

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If this game is a risk because of morons, aka fans, Sturgeon should say that any inappropriate behaviour will mean fans are banned for the whole season.

Correct. 

16 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Just seen Neil Doncaster call the old firm game the greatest Derby in the world.

What a leader.

What a guy.

Is that right? How biased and misguided does he get.  Does the sectarian hatred mean nothing to him.

There are some people it's absolutely wonderful to be separated from by 12,000 miles.

2 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

Just seen Neil Doncaster call the old firm game the greatest Derby in the world.

He obviously doesn't get out much. I'm stunned that he has a small minded parochial view of the world.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )