SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

12 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Well if she is, she is entitled to  and if she is, it fek all to do with you!

I agree she deserves a wee drink given the way the club has been treated. She saved the club and now has to go through this.

14 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

admin edit

Instead of a 'disappointed, considering next steps one liner' I'd rather wait on a full response after the judgement has fully concluded (it hasn't yet*); then been read thoroughly with our legal teams,  even a second opinion, discuss with Partick how to progress and now we have to add in responding to that disingenuous gloating statement from the SPFL.

*We may even have it drafted and are just waiting on outcome of costs before releasing.

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not convinced that the middle of this financial crisis is the right time for the board to stand down.  

I'm not convinced that a board that has led this club to being in a divison below can continue.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Well by all accounts we have financial backing for the next 5 years. I would suggest this is the exact time whilst we are now in close season. To carry on as before at Hearts is just as bad as the SFA/SPFL carrying on as before. For different reasons both need fundamental change. What the present board has overseen the last 3 years is scandalous and the sooner they have the decency to stand down the better. 

If we do actually have that backing it might well be contingent on certain things. 

Totally gutted about this decision, feels like "86 all over again, I'm sick to the stomach. Need a drink.

Onwards and upwards!!! literally 

Hector Riva
20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I read that Mr MacLennan wants to draw a line under this and that we should all come together and unite for the sake of Scottish football.

To Mr MacLennan, I respond by saying, 'I will never forget, nor forgive, what you and your board have done to Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. While I can only act in a small way against people like yourself and your employer, Mr Lawell, my denial of providing any funding to each and every club excepting those three named above, will not be for just a few weeks or even a season, it will be for my lifetime. If sufficient others also act in a similar way, then perhaps, just perhaps, I and they will see the death of some of these clubs before too long. I will also encourage my kids to bear this grudge and if I cannot get them to attend games involving Hearts at Tynecastle, then I will encourage them to take an interest in other sports or football in another country. 

Unfortunately, this extends to Scottish international football. I will no longer attend or watch my national teams participation in international football. You, Mr Doncaster, Mr Lawell, every member of your board and every CEO of their clubs have destroyed my interest in Scottish football, outwith Hearts.

Finally Mr MacLennan, you will never succeed in your ultimate aim of destroying Hearts. I and thousands of others will simply not allow you to do this and we will back our Foundation and club in a way that you and your cohorts cannot understand. I look forward to Hearts and Partick returning to the top flight where I can assure you that a warm welcome awaits.

SPOT ON!

One final thought - if the arbitration panel found that the SPFL acted properly within its rules then there is something very wrong with these rules!

8 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Not surprised one little bit.

I think the days of Budge and Hearts being all cosy with other clubs is well and truly gone. She will focus completely on Hearts and we'll be a different animal from now on IMO, so there's some good to come out of this. Hopefully! 😆

I hope so.  We were far too cosy, both on and off the field.     

I would even do what Terry Christie used to do when he was managing teams.    He made to clear to all clubs that if they put the ball oit of play, so one of their own players can get treatment, they will not pass the ball nack. Equally, he would not expect it back if his team done the same.  He also said he would not put the ball out for the opposition to get treatment, and again would not expect it for his team either.   (But I think that should be what we do anyway).  

Edited by Paolo

45 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Would be funnier if he just spoek sheeeeite though. Perhaps we can get Cathro back to to the MSM conferences?

Put the kit-man up for press conferences!

North Berwick Jambo

**** them all! With the FOH & our benefactors behind the club we are in a much stronger position financially than most of them. Covid & the fallout from it isn’t finished yet so let’s continue to pump money into the club, get stronger & come back bigger & better! All while watching our rivals fold one by one 😉

Edited by North Berwick Jambo

davemclaren
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

I'm not convinced that a board that has led this club to being in a divison below can continue.

I said last season that if we got relegated I thought that Ann would and should step down but that season ended in somewhat unusual circumstances. I don’t think most clubs get new boards on relegation.  

1 hour ago, Silverwolf said:

Never posted on here before. Just watched with interest.

This judgement however makes me feel I should speak out. The reality is that there was no potential upside whatever the outcome of the arbitration. Win or lose, fundamentally nothing was ever going to change. The duopoly is going to persist. The next generation of fans will continue to be drawn towards the old firm (no child wants to go to school supporting a club that only makes up the numbers). The money therefore flows to the ugly sisters and the status quo persists. For goodness sake....9 in a row tells anyone all they need to know about the state of the competitive game in Scotland. I spend a lot of my work time down south. Its embarrassing.

Sadly, there is no way Scottish football will change.

In the US, they employ a draft system to ensure that there is ongoing healthy competition in Football, Hockey and Baseball. Fundamentally, they recognize that the competitive nature of the game drives the fan base and ultimately the wealth of the sport. The EPL is the best example in world football. What a spectacle. A range of winners over the last 30 years or so. 

In contrast, in Scotland, the fans are taken for granted as the whole system is myopic. 

Sadly, for me, as for an increasing number of people in Scotland, I am giving up on the mickey mouse, Scottish game and watching the EPL. I do not find it fun watching the slow, inevitable decline of the game north of the border. If Hearts decide to jump ship and join the English pyramid system then I will be back. They would do well there.

GREAT post and well worth a second reading!

john thomas
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In what way should she take him on?

He is employed by the clubs of which we are one . His statement is disgraceful . Would any employer put up with this ?

Hearts had to challenge the relegation outcome - no matter what!

We know where we are now. There's no going back. 

We will deal with any court costs easily.

We will win the league at a canter. We will spit in the face of the one (or two) teams passing us on the way down next May.

I'll will only ever rejoice at the problems faced by any other club in the country (bar PT and ICT). Beers will be consumed for all and any clubs who teeter on the brink. If they fold, the champagne gets opened.

What goes around comes around.

The bad blood between us and the others excites me. Bring the fu***** on!

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Surely a statement from Ann due today?

There will be a joint statement tonight you would think once they have a discussion with the QC's

davemclaren
Just now, john thomas said:

He is employed by the clubs of which we are one . His statement is disgraceful . Would any employer put up with this ?

So what should she do?

3 minutes ago, Papa said:

One final thought - if the arbitration panel found that the SPFL acted properly within its rules then there is something very wrong with these rules!

Rules are made to be broken.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, davemclaren said:

I said last season that if we got relegated I thought that Ann would and should step down but that season ended in somewhat unusual circumstances. I don’t think most clubs get new boards on relegation.  

Personally i think its the end of the road for Ann Budge,eternally gratefull for all she had done.

However this clubs needs a fresh pair of eyes,new drive.The last few years have been utterly scunnering watching

Hearts.

A new era please.

buzzbomb1958
21 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Not a penny more from me to the SPFL/SFA.

Cancelled my Sky subscription,

will not attend Scottish Cup semis or finals,

will not attend League Cup semis or finals,

will not attend Scotland International matches,

until this corrupt, totalitarian regime is ended.

Well that's two of us,I hope after hearing the same from others on here that it doesn't turn out to be false promises ,As Hearts supporters we now have to make everyone feel our our pain and hit them where it hurts in the pocket, all money to Hearts and if we happen to win any of their trophies do not lift it high ,leave it on the pitch and walk off feck every piece of sh%¢t that's done us over  From now on we look after ourselves ONLY HEARTS

15 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Ann must take Doncaster on for his absolutely delighted remark. She cannot let that pass.

His side have won on all points.  Of course, he should have said "there are no winners blah blah" but I don't think we've got anything to take them up on.

gashauskis9

Expect a u-turn from Naismith when Budge tells him to forget about ever being available for international duty ever again.  

Only Hearts.  

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I don't think turning on our own board now is a good idea. JJ & RN are in - we support the club, and **** all the rest of them...

If I could be bothered I'd quote myself from months ago when I said all this was a total waste of time and money and got shot down for it. I told several people I had 0 faith in the courts or the spfl to sort it out. 

Let's just focus on the park now Ann, please, for far too long the product on the park has not been the priority. 

Onwards and upwards. 

36 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I think that was the fear of the SPFL getting handed executive powers to curtail next season if covid spikes again. I believe the clubs voted against granting them this power though.

For now!

If taking this to CAS is an option then for me I say we inform the SPFL we are taking it to CAS and submit for an interdict first thing in the morning. 

Just now, Spellczech said:

I don't think turning on our own board now is a good idea. JJ & RN are in - we support the club, and **** all the rest of them...

Well said

Cant change the past 

buzzbomb1958
25 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Couldn't have put it better myself 👍

I salute you sir my feelings exactly

john thomas
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So what should she do?

I would assume there is a mechanism within the spfl to complain about an employee ?

Though I think what would be more effective is to publicly highlight his behaviour

David Black
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If we do actually have that backing it might well be contingent on certain things. 

It may well be, like being in the Premiership. If that' s the case we are done. In any business that has handled things this badly, that board should stand down. This is as good a time as any and God knows we need some fresh ideas and impetus to get us moving in the right direction. The Board should hang their heads in shame for allowing this to happen when all around could see exactly where we were heading. You were at the club AGM in December and will remember the reaction on the faces of the audience, the board and AB when the guy asked about a contingency plan. It is that attitude that has to change and a board that faces up to reality, not what they hope will be the case. In fact the club should be calling an EGM to put these issues to us, the owners of the business.

6 minutes ago, smiler said:

Naked boxing - nipple tassles optional. 

🙈 I need to unsee that conjured up image.🤦

Thanks(Not)

Time to move on. We should never forget, but now concentrate on the future and making the club as strong as possible. Obsessing about the injustice of it all won’t do us any good. But from now on, it’s a case of looking after ourselves. Any other club (bar a few exceptions) who come looking for any help from us can go **** themselves.

Bret the Hitman Hearts
38 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I think that was the fear of the SPFL getting handed executive powers to curtail next season if covid spikes again. I believe the clubs voted against granting them this power though.

Also known as: Executive powers to decide what to do if we have to curtail the season at a moment in time when Celtic aren't top

1 minute ago, scotty2442 said:

If taking this to CAS is an option then for me I say we inform the SPFL we are taking it to CAS and submit for an interdict first thing in the morning. 

I think that would be a definite suspension of license by SFA. I am already nervous about what sanction they will hand down.

Tokyo Drifter
9 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Surely a statement from Ann due today?

It's hard to believe they've let the SPFL get the jump on them with their gloating statement. Nothing on the website, nothing on Twitter from the club. I hope their silence has a reason it isn't them just sitting on their hands like they did when they let Jack Ross get away and go to the Flumps.

3 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I would assume there is a mechanism within the spfl to complain about an employee ?

Though I think what would be more effective is to publicly highlight his behaviour

There is probably a rule that you need the employee’s permission to be able to do so.  

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I think that would be a definite suspension of license by SFA. I am already nervous about what sanction they will hand down.

-15 points.

50 minutes ago, Slevinkelevra said:

Peoples jobs are at stake and that cretin is delighted, im speechless. Rotten to the core.

Yeah no mention of the unnecessary financial hardships the SPFL have created..

I said earlier it would be gutting if Partick or Stranraer had to announce administration or something.

But I’m definitely not sorry to say i want one or more of the clubs who voted against us to announce administration. I want to see Doncaster squirm & make sh*t up if one of those teams fails to see out the season.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )