SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Rick Sanchez

Not sure why any Dundee fan would be gloating...that's two more years down there for you lot with your finances on the brink.

I'm sure they'll realise eventually. Good chance you're going to die. Hope you budget for 3k Hearts fans.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

It is horrific Doncaster is so arrogant he can't even put out a diplomatic statement on this. 

It is also the tone the SPFL and SFA both have struck with us. 

We are at war with them both and will be for an extremely long time.

I agree with you but sadly I think today proves it is a war that can't be won!

Just now, JimmyCant said:

We’ve got 3 transfer windows to make ourselves a proper premier league club again. Hopefully the strike rate of good signings vs shite signings improves a bit

Not sure we should sign anybody, cuts will be drastic enough, let's see how it goes till January and if and it's a big if we have any money and need to strengthen then we can.

Francis Albert

Over 55 years of supporting Hearts has always made me wary of being optimistic but have succumbed to a bit of optimism.in the last few weeks. But I thought from the beginning that QC's opinions were what the QCs were paid to produce.  My scepticism about the strength of our case has been vindicated.

But we have had lower lows in my time and we will be back.

Just now, wavydavy said:

That was the point I was making on an ealrier post. Unless it is made public what their guidelines were it is just speculation as to how they arrived at their decision.

Exactly. I think they'd have to take a view of Company law, but if the panel limited their scope to applying thrle articles of the SFA then that changes things significantly. We may never know but Ann Budge will. If she thinks there is a strong chance we beat this on appeal then I have no doubt that will be the case. If not then I would still expect some kind of strong reaction. We've already done the difficult but by challenging them so I dont see us meekly backing down now unless there is genuinely no alternative. This is where I am reassured that Budge is at the helm. She's a numbers woman through and through. If there is a strong chance at appeal she will do so and if not she won't be emotive dragged into it. Romanov or Mercer might have been more interesting to watch at times like these but im glad we have her at the moment despite previous mistakes.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's not going to happen 

hope not we all have to stick together and weather the storm 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Agreed.

Ann Budge is due criticism for sticking with Levein and leaving us in this position to be a soft target for the SPFL.

However she has done more good for the club and no matter what I am glad she had the courage to not roll over and take it from the SPFL and stand up and fight them.

Fans would have been angrier if she hadn't taken them on.

Agree with you about Mrs Budge doing more good than bad and she deserves chance to right the wrongs in my opinion

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I read that Mr MacLennan wants to draw a line under this and that we should all come together and unite for the sake of Scottish football.

To Mr MacLennan, I respond by saying, 'I will never forget, nor forgive, what you and your board have done to Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. While I can only act in a small way against people like yourself and your employer, Mr Lawell, my denial of providing any funding to each and every club excepting those three named above, will not be for just a few weeks or even a season, it will be for my lifetime. If sufficient others also act in a similar way, then perhaps, just perhaps, I and they will see the death of some of these clubs before too long. I will also encourage my kids to bear this grudge and if I cannot get them to attend games involving Hearts at Tynecastle, then I will encourage them to take an interest in other sports or football in another country. 

Unfortunately, this extends to Scottish international football. I will no longer attend or watch my national teams participation in international football. You, Mr Doncaster, Mr Lawell, every member of your board and every CEO of their clubs have destroyed my interest in Scottish football, outwith Hearts.

Finally Mr MacLennan, you will never succeed in your ultimate aim of destroying Hearts. I and thousands of others will simply not allow you to do this and we will back our Foundation and club in a way that you and your cohorts cannot understand. I look forward to Hearts and Partick returning to the top flight where I can assure you that a warm welcome awaits.

:bravo:

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I read that Mr MacLennan wants to draw a line under this and that we should all come together and unite for the sake of Scottish football.

To Mr MacLennan, I respond by saying, 'I will never forget, nor forgive, what you and your board have done to Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. While I can only act in a small way against people like yourself and your employer, Mr Lawell, my denial of providing any funding to each and every club excepting those three named above, will not be for just a few weeks or even a season, it will be for my lifetime. If sufficient others also act in a similar way, then perhaps, just perhaps, I and they will see the death of some of these clubs before too long. I will also encourage my kids to bear this grudge and if I cannot get them to attend games involving Hearts at Tynecastle, then I will encourage them to take an interest in other sports or football in another country. 

Unfortunately, this extends to Scottish international football. I will no longer attend or watch my national teams participation in international football. You, Mr Doncaster, Mr Lawell, every member of your board and every CEO of their clubs have destroyed my interest in Scottish football, outwith Hearts.

Finally Mr MacLennan, you will never succeed in your ultimate aim of destroying Hearts. I and thousands of others will simply not allow you to do this and we will back our Foundation and club in a way that you and your cohorts cannot understand. I look forward to Hearts and Partick returning to the top flight where I can assure you that a warm welcome awaits.

Couldn't have put it better myself 👍

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, gator said:

I agree with you but sadly I think today proves it is a war that can't be won!

Agreed but if we don't fight them then we will just be trampled on from today and forever.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Hairdryer said:

That's already happening buddy ! 8000 season tickets sold already and FOH gave record amount of cash to club this month 

joondalupjambo

Hopefully we can return to the CoS based on the point that we still believe that we have been unfairly treated in relation to the Companies Act and that our trading opportunities have been reduced through no fault of our own.  Is that even possible?  Perhaps this is why we await a club statement.  We maybe be able to fund that next step but Partick mught need to dip out.  I really hope that we can go back to the courts and that before Friday Ann gets her legal team to slap down an interdict and stops the league starting.  In for a penny, in for a pound.

As for boycotts this coming season I cannot see that it will matter in terms of league and any league cup games if are we will either not be be able to attend at all or it could be in greatly reduced numbers all due to Covid.  If that is the case then clubs income will suffer regardless.  Of course staying away from Hampden for the SC will count and I would support that option.  It is the following season, 2021/22 that we should hand out the maximum pain to the SPL clubs, assuming we get back up straight away and then hit others in the cups.  If by that season we can go in large numbers, and do not go then the message will work far better then.

David Black
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's not going to happen 

It would have been the case if it were not for our benefactors pumping in millions. 

Have to say, that I am far from shocked. Although the result is still disappointing. 

The fact that Doncaster and others are still in jobs is beyond me. 

Personally I am done with Scottish Football, Hearts will always have a place in my Heart (no pun intended). Its not just a matter of what league they are in, its corrupt to the core. Untill there is fundamental change, the entire system can burn as far as I am concerned. 

No more caring about the national team, no more caring about cup games, no more caring about the league that Hearts are in at all. Simply don't give a sh!t anymore.

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Robdawg said:

Will we get a club statement today ?

You would think so. They will have to consult with their legal team and weigh up any other options before making it.

I am sure we will see something. 

10 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Disappointed but not surprised. Trying to prove prejudice in the eyes of the law was always going to be difficult.

Just thought the longer it went on the more hope we had of finding something that would have swayed the panel.

Hopefully there is something in the judgement that doesn't let the SPFL off the hook totally.

If that is the case I wholly expect Hearts & Thistle to ensure it gets into the public domain one way or another.

The fact remains that the SPFL board and the majority of fellow member clubs have been seen as being happy to dish out 'punishment' without recompense to three fellow members who did nothing wrong and were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What a horrible nasty little cabal they are.

Do you know that cabal was a word created from the initial letters of co-conspirators?

So, the modern version is probably:

Celtic

Ayr/Alloa/Aberdeen

Brechin

All the Others

Lochenders.

David Black
Just now, Robdawg said:

Will we get a club statement today ?

I would hope that part of the statement is that the board of directors are standing down. They are ultimately to blame. This is the exact time for them to go and let us rebuild off the field as well as on.

SomethingAboutObua
Just now, rmreido said:

No club statement yet ?????

I think the legal fees are still being arbitrated on, who has to pay what etc. Once that's done then we should get something

Rogue Daddy
9 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Not a penny more from me to the SPFL/SFA.

Cancelled my Sky subscription,

will not attend Scottish Cup semis or finals,

will not attend League Cup semis or finals,

will not attend Scotland International matches,

until this corrupt, totalitarian regime is ended.

You've got to ask.... WHY do we (HMFC) want to be a member of THIS!?

Willie Hamilton genius
10 minutes ago, Deso1972 said:

Lot of people forget that without her we wouldnt actually be here.. It doesnt excuse her from criticism but when were all smarting from a bit of bad news the first thing on here seems to be folk wanting to have a swipe at her?..  Some folk need to grow the **** up.. playing the blame game doesnt help.

Correct

She can"t escape criticism for some decisions, but without her and the benefactors, who do those wanting her out now think would be paying our legal fees and possible SFA fines?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

I would hope that part of the statement is that the board of directors are standing down. They are ultimately to blame. This is the exact time for them to go and let us rebuild off the field as well as on.

I’m not convinced that the middle of this financial crisis is the right time for the board to stand down.  

Demotion and no compensation won’t be enough for the slavering pack of Celtic and Hibs scumbags - they will be demanding a massive fine and points deduction!!

I just thought of course we've still got our SFA fine to look forward to as well...Ah well **** them all anyway!!!

Jamstomorrow
12 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

admin delete

Well if she is, she is entitled to  and if she is, it fek all to do with you!

Shanks said no

Ann must take Doncaster on for his absolutely delighted remark. She cannot let that pass.

If we can afford it we need to get our squad back training so that they are as fit as they possibly can be and absolutely straining at the leash to get on with playing football as soon as we're allowed to - friendlies with non-Scottish clubs if need be.

We must start this season with a ****ing big bang.

I’m now following thru’ on my decision that no other club in Scotland (with a couple of honorary exceptions) will ever see a penny of my money in future. Sky Sports cancelled this afternoon.

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This should be the war cry of all Hearts fans. 👏

Not surprised by the announcement at all - expected it tbh. Doesn’t take the sting away however.

The spfl and sfa have won as they always were going to in this farce and ND (can’t bare to type

his name) will be lauded by all his cronies for the handling of this sad affair; even though it was his incompetence that led to this entire unfortunate debacle.

HMFC will make a statement and move on as we must all do now. ‘HMFC first‘ and for those who wish to take it further ‘only HMFC’.

Covid 19 set the backdrop for this unfortunate episode in the clubs history but it wasn’t the cause. Management or rather mismanagement on an epic scale is the reason we are here. Player recruitment, coaching, DOF have all been so bad that we were in relegation position for the majority of the season and we needed stronger leadership from AB sooner.

I did not rate the appointment of Stendel at all. With the exception of a couple of good results against gers and hibs, his tactics made us all to easy to play against and there was little fight in those lineups when it came to dealing with clubs around us. Wrong appointment then cost us our position in league and ultimately put us where we deserved to be. Hindsight a wonderful thing I know but if we’d appointed a manager who new spfl at that end and how to fight out of it instead of drastic change to playing style; we wouldn’t be the scourge of Scottish football right now! (not that I don’t support our clubs stance on an unfair league expulsion).

We know who is to blame and who are not worth keeping in this squad. I hope now with a good coach in RN and advisor in JJ we can build a stronger club again.

Support from the fans and increased FOH pledges will show the rest of Scottish foot all that our club will be back. STRONGER! 😬

Edited by CBjambo

Not surprised one little bit.

I think the days of Budge and Hearts being all cosy with other clubs is well and truly gone. She will focus completely on Hearts and we'll be a different animal from now on IMO, so there's some good to come out of this. Hopefully! 😆

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, David Black said:

It would have been the case if it were not for our benefactors pumping in millions. 

No it wouldn't! If wasn't for the benefactors we'd just have had to spend less than we have done and stadium wouldn't have had as much work done

12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Not sure why any Dundee fan would be gloating...that's two more years down there for you lot with your finances on the brink.

I'm sure they'll realise eventually. Good chance you're going to die. Hope you budget for 3k Hearts fans.

Yep. Three figures season tickets? Aye, I’d be pissing myself too, likes. 🙃

Weakened Offender
48 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

So, Scotland and NI have a few players who will be barely off furlough by the time Nations League matches come along.  Good luck with those.

'mon the Israel.

No, don't think I can run to that.

If your feelings towards the clubs that voted us out are different from the team that represents the SFA then you're not fully in. **** Scotland too, from now to forever. 

I hope a few things happen from this:

1. We rip the league up and cruise it

2. We do not let any club officials from these other clubs into stadium when we play them. If they want to attend let them pay for their own tickets with their fans.

3. We never let Neil Doncaster or his SPFL cronies into Tynecastle again.

4. We ban the Daily Record and Sun journos from the ground. 

The Mercer Takeover

The Sky money has been part of the problem here. Does any Hearts supporter really need this any more. Write to them and tell them why you are cancelling.

Same with SFA. Cups need boycotted and probably Internationals as well. Important however that anyone doing so informs them why they are doing it.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Ann must take Doncaster on for his absolutely delighted remark. She cannot let that pass.

In what way should she take him on?

3 minutes ago, R08813 said:

Exactly. I think they'd have to take a view of Company law, but if the panel limited their scope to applying thrle articles of the SFA then that changes things significantly. We may never know but Ann Budge will. If she thinks there is a strong chance we beat this on appeal then I have no doubt that will be the case. If not then I would still expect some kind of strong reaction. We've already done the difficult but by challenging them so I dont see us meekly backing down now unless there is genuinely no alternative. This is where I am reassured that Budge is at the helm. She's a numbers woman through and through. If there is a strong chance at appeal she will do so and if not she won't be emotive dragged into it. Romanov or Mercer might have been more interesting to watch at times like these but im glad we have her at the moment despite previous mistakes.

This is where the SFA/SPFL have been very astute with their rules and articles etc. It is obvious from the tone Lord Clark used relating to some aspects of these that he was less than impressed however he had to act with the law which directed our case to Arbitration.

So basically it is the same outcome again for David Thomson QC as the last time he represented Thistle albeit on a different subject it was referred back to the SFA who promptly said "no case to answer".

It is a bit different this time because it has gone to an Arbitration Panel but as far as we can tell they don't have to divulge any of the workings/deliberations on how they have reached their decision.

This literally makes it impossible to know how to challenge them and win.

It would be interesting to see what would have happened had it been Celtic in our shoes? but of course we know that would never happen.

His name is

Where does this decision leave us?

How much money are we due for legal fees?

How much money are we going to loose from relegation?

Will the championship teams even be able to play come October?

Will the leagues finish with promotion?

Bit of a dooms day scenario here. I feel we need to shift pretty much most of our squad and start fresh. Big lessons need to be learnt on the footballing front!

Hector Riva
13 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Reeking

David Black
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not convinced that the middle of this financial crisis is the right time for the board to stand down.  

Well by all accounts we have financial backing for the next 5 years. I would suggest this is the exact time whilst we are now in close season. To carry on as before at Hearts is just as bad as the SFA/SPFL carrying on as before. For different reasons both need fundamental change. What the present board has overseen the last 3 years is scandalous and the sooner they have the decency to stand down the better. 

Scotland tops in the bin, can’t even bare the thought of using as a work t shirt. **** the SFA 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Newton51 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5719233/dutch-knvb-compensation-court-of-arbitration/amp/

Dutch league teams received compensation for not going to COS after relegation. 

that’s why I can’t understand there was no compensation offered to us and thistle

I said before, it sums the SPFL up that the position through all this, a time which they acknowledge was unprecidented and a financial crisis (hence ending the league early and trying to get money out to clubs) that they offered nothing to clubs they chose to demote to help, not even a token sum. When the SPFL was about to get a much bigger TV deal. Instead they just said they "sympathise with relegated clubs." And that was only after it was pointed out they said nothing in the original statement.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )