SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 94.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If this is true then SPFL wouldnt need to think how to break the news if they won they would be falling over themselves to let everyone know

If they had won, ND would be running around hampden doing a Ravanelli type celebration wit the shirt over his rediculous haircut

The Frenchman Returns
35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That actually sounds like the  kind of open-minded thinking we haven't see too much of recently, although not sure why we would be considering it.

will not be going near either club next season and they are not welcome at Tynie either.#

Edit: having praised it, are clubs allowed to change their 'home' ground at such short notice, especially when one is grass and the other is artificial?

Perhaps we should query that...

I thought permission had to be sought

6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

No idea what knowledge this guy has but ...

Rubbish - it will be the SFA that announce it. All the SPFL will do is inform their members of the result and the impact it has on the calpol 3 and how they will now re-issue the fixtures!

9 minutes ago, steve123 said:

It doesn't actually say anything at all. Just another person pretending to know stuff/have contacts...

8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

The SPFL are good at breaking things. 

The remaining trust in their governance for example. 

Just now, Section Q said:

We won't get £8m mate. Always go for too dollar but be prepared for less.....👍

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense though. If arbitration finds in our favour, then we need to be compensated for our loss. That figure would need to be worked out accurately and us compensated accordingly, surely? How could they just find we were unfairly expelled, and then just decide on a smaller compensation amount? Compensation should be what we will lose through our unfair expulsion. 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think that these circumstances call for this kind of joined up thinking however i have some concern over the fact the two surfaces are very different.

We should tryand block it just to annoy them.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that it's against the rules.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense though. If arbitration finds in our favour, then we need to be compensated for our loss. That figure would need to be worked out accurately and us compensated accordingly, surely? How could they just find we were unfairly expelled, and then just decide on a smaller compensation amount? Compensation should be what we will lose through our unfair expulsion. 🤷‍♂️

They can find in our favour but querie our claim/figures.

Lone Striker
9 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

All I can say now is that the decision for us to go to court first is the right one, and one in future we can argue that going to arbitration is not in the public interest, and that 2 QC's misled the court as to the arbistration process could be concluded quickly. Its been 11 working days since we submitted the papers.  Lord Clark would have had it done and dusted by now.

I think we need to take the SFA back to court if they wish to pursue their bullshit disciplinary case, and tear article 99 up for arse paper.

On the plus side if no decision is pending soon, then we must go back to court and seek an interdict.  or if we win then we also ensure the league is delayed.  Both would be a win, but with a free kick in the baws

Good thoughtful post, Hagar (as always 🙂)

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

If arbitration finds in out favour we are reinstated.

If that is impossible we get compensated.

I cannot see how it would be impossible.

I do not think Joe Black has a clue-

every litigant in this will know the result at the same time- Us, Partick, the C3 and the SPFL

I dont think the SPFL would be dictating to anyone of the parties- some of whom will be aggrieved at the result- who can release what and when

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Whos Joe black ?.

He’s a hun boy who’s been kidding on he knows everything that’s been going on behind the scenes.  Posting legal stuff to support our case etc. 

I'm waiting for the official Brian McLaughlin announcement.

sdfads adre asasd fdsfefef erere

10 minutes ago, Homme said:

Joe Black putting his finger in the air and guessing again. 

Up his arse, I think you mean.

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I thought permission had to be sought

I would have thought so. Like i said, it's probably the kind of thing that we should be open-minded about but, if i was on a committee considering the request i would have an issue with the different surfaces.

I wouldn't put it past Dunfermline to try and switch our game to Alloa.

Joe black tends to post itk stuff but don’t know of anything that has turned out to be the case. Mainly talks about rangers tho

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, AndrewB said:

I'm waiting for the official Brian McLaughlin announcement.

sdfads adre asasd fdsfefef erere

😄

If the Arbitration finds that the resolution to end the season should not have passed. They could not buy us off with compo. Absolutely no danger. Ann wants reinstatement and Doncasters head on a silver platter. Hearts wouldn't even entertain a bribe. 

The only way compensation is paid out is if the Arbitration find that we were demoted unjustly and in a prejudicial manner. 

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

They can find in our favour but querie our claim/figures.

Yes. They could query our figures, but they would need to show how they arrived at their own figures. I suspect our figures are going to be pretty accurate and clearly laid out. Some are even saying they are conservative.

Tommy Brown
59 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Closer to £500k my guess.

Justify your figure.

We can justify the loss in revenue in a wrongful decision.

Yet eejits just throw figures. 

Stop posting.

14 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

However, the SPFL need to break it to the clubs that they have led some of them into financial armagedon and ND needs time to get a head start diwn rhe A74

🤣🤣

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes. They could query our figures, but they would need to show how they arrived at their own figures. I suspect our figures are going to be pretty accurate and clearly laid out. Some are even saying they are conservative.

OK you win.......👍

Lone Striker
14 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

However, the SPFL need to break it to the clubs that they have led some of them into financial armagedon and ND needs time to get a head start diwn rhe A74

😂  Beautiful.

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

If arbitration finds in out favour we are reinstated.

If that is impossible we get compensated.

I cannot see how it would be impossible.

I do not think Joe Black has a clue-

every litigant in this will know the result at the same time- Us, Partick, the C3 and the SPFL

I dont think the SPFL would be dictating to anyone of the parties- some of whom will be aggrieved at the result- who can release what and when

Yes. I think I agree with that. That’s how I see it. My point is that surely any compensation figure needs to be accurate, and not just some compromise figure.

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

It's the M74 nowadays😉

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If the Arbitration finds that the resolution to end the season should not have passed. They could not buy us off with compo. Absolutely no danger. Ann wants reinstatement and Doncasters head on a silver platter. Hearts wouldn't even entertain a bribe. 

The only way compensation is paid out is if the Arbitration find that we were demoted unjustly and in a prejudicial manner. 

Indeed. Civil cases are about restitution. 

I think this is actually a very tricky case - if all the stuff around Dundee/Nelms/Rangers dossier has been found to be admissable then it is one hell of a mess to sort through...

3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

OK you win.......👍

Sorry I’m not trying to be belligerent nor argumentative for the sake of it. I’m just struggling to understand the process like everyone else. Surely compensation needs to be an accurate reflection of losses. Sorry if I’m coming across as being a dick about it. Not my intention. 

What happened to the SFA Notice of Complaint?

The SFA requested submissions by the 20th of July. Hearts (&PT) requested the SFA review the date to allow them time to properly prepare.

Since then (14th July) nothing, total silence!

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Justify your figure.

We can justify the loss in revenue in a wrongful decision.

Yet eejits just throw figures. 

Stop posting.

We may think we can prove the loss in revenue but ultimately it will be down to the panel how much is awarded. I’m basing my estimate on the figures handed out in the Dutch leagues.

I also don’t appreciate your tone, we are both Hearts fans who clearly have differing opinions but you clearly have an inflated opinion of yourself to believe you can dictate when others post.

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

How are you bud, hope the family are fine.

3 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Gut feeling is relegation stands and £3-4million paid at 500k-£1m per year. 

This is based on nothing.

So why bother guessing?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed. Civil cases are about restitution. 

I think this is actually a very tricky case - if all the stuff around Dundee/Nelms/Rangers dossier has been found to be admissable then it is one hell of a mess to sort through...

The Hun dossier is the equivalent of the Beano but surely this entire thing hinges on the Dundee vote

5 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Gut feeling is relegation stands and £3-4million paid at 500k-£1m per year. 

This is based on nothing.

As the losses will be over the next 12 months then that’s the period over which compensation will most likely be paid!

Sorry I’m not trying to be belligerent nor argumentative for the sake of it. I’m just struggling to understand the process like everyone else. Surely compensation needs to be an accurate reflection of losses. Sorry if I’m coming across as being a dick about it. Not my intention. 

Indeed - but how do you quantify those losses? If next season gets curtailed and there is no promotion, then the losses grow...This would still be a direct loss attributable to the April decision.

Compensation sounds like the easy option but it is actually not...The easy option is no relegation, always has been. And the SPFL gets left to sort out what to do about DUFC etc which likely means reconstruction suddenly becomes more likely.

Midloth_Iain
18 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I have heard rumours (Saturday night pub chat) that 

a - Hearts/Thistle successful in arbitration

b - Negotiations re: a compromise were ongoing.

IF true, like you I didnt think there could be any 'bargaining position' from the SPFL side, they should be told the result is final and do what you are being told.

(source was a friend of an ex Hearts player who is a friend of a current Hearts representative)🤪😆

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I would expect you are correct there. If it’s deemed impossible to reinstate us though, and compensation is the way it goes, then it has to be the amount we would be losing though, right? I mean it would have to be accurately calculated and not just some number plucked from Petrie’s tasch. 

On the assumption arbitration is still in progress, I wonder if the counsel for us / PT has tossed a copy of today's newspaper across the bench with the Aston Villa escape story on the back page.  "Just saying, m'luds"

Edited by AndrewB
Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Must be a 12pm briefing, no source just a gut feeling.

I thought that at 10, then 11, now I think 5pm Friday, just to keep the torture going.  Its going to be any time soon is it not?

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Must be a 12pm briefing, no source just a gut feeling.

As a PITA pedant, I'll say there is no such thing as 12pm, just noon and midnight.

Brave Hearts
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

At what point do the SPFL/SFA tell them they can't do this?

Alloa prick is the acting president of SFA in Petrie’s well-timed absence.

so, in the style of  McLennan the chairman of the SPFL, Mulraney just had a discussion with himself and then approved the arrangement.

McArthur says he did not need to have a robust conversation with himself, nor wear any hats, to convince himself to make a decision on joining this sharing agreement 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )