Jump to content

SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )


Heres Rixxy

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

So they should rush it and potentially come to the wrong verdict?

 

Taking their time doesn't mean they will make the correct decision though.

Edited by wavydavy
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 94.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    2099

  • Pasquale for King

    1723

  • Ethan Hunt

    1598

  • Beast Boy

    1415

Portable Badger
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Then we take them to court as there will have been a precedent set this year to award leagues and relegate 

no chance we wouldnt win that if they relegate us this year 

I don’t disagree with these sentiments at all.  I was merely trying to answer your man’s question as where the 2yrs in the Championship chat was coming from

Link to post
Share on other sites
Biffa Bacon
19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

There's nothing else to report until decision reached tbf! They've done nothing but speak about it for the last 3 months and once decision reached I'm sure they'll do it to death 

"The season will kick off on Saturday, pending the outcome of the arbitration process" would suffice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Everybody Loves Baz!
26 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

We won’t get anywhere near that figure imo, closer to 2 million would be my guess.

So you're guessing like everyone else.

 

We shouldn't be telling someone elses opinion is wrong when we're only really guessing ourselves.

 

Quicker this shit is done with the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not getting my hope up for an announcement today. This whole thing has been ****ing weird. Why cant they just say when a decision is to be made? Why the secrecy? It is arbitration not ducking some national security meeting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

Taking thgeir time doesn't mean they will make the correct decision though.

More likely to though. Time to consider each and every piece of evidence, consider both sides of the argument and come to a sensible conclusion is what’s needed here.

 

EDIT: i think some sort of indication when proceedings will be concluded would be good though for all of our sanity!

Edited by Clark Griswold
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

So how is the 10am presser going, oh utter......


Did you expect anything different? :lol:  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil Dongcaster
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Thats just over your salary Donkey but thanks for participating


Largest TV contract to date, I’ve earned every penny.

 

😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
Everybody Loves Baz!
1 hour ago, troonmaroon said:

Welcome to the Internet! 😉 You'll also find the complete opposite. People who position themselves as experts in naysaying anyone and everyone else. 😑 The rest of us are somewhere in between. 👍

👏👏👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

 

The fact that we are less than a week away from the start of the Premiership season with this still undecided should merit at least a passing mention naw? Maybe not as important as Lennon’s view on Griffiths right enough...


Think you are looking for some agenda that isn’t there. There is no news to report and there has been no leaks to the media. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lone Striker
14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wonder if this is something we are considering 

 

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club and Alloa Athletic Football Club are both delighted to announce a working partnership for season 2020-21.

CBPA8120_3889

With the challenges posed by Covid-19, both clubs have agreed to work together next season, in the first such partnership in Scottish football, to assist each other with the sharing of resources and facilities. 

Dunfermline Athletic will use the Indodrill Stadium as its designated training facility for the forthcoming season, with separate changing facilities and storage, in a Bio-Safe environment.

Both clubs have agreed a reciprocal arrangement, whereby, in the event of an emergency, if either East End Park or the Indodrill Stadium is out of commission next season, for any reason, then we can host each other’s first team fixtures. In addition, both clubs are currently reviewing other Covid-19 costs that they could share, which could include other local Professional football clubs in the Forth Valley.

Mike Mulraney, Alloa Chairman stated:-

“We are convinced that this agreement shows that in these difficult times clubs can work together to ensure that we all not only survive, but can learn new ways to thrive even in the most difficult of circumstances, building resilience for both clubs will be only one of the very positive outcomes achieved.  

"We believe that this shows a positive way forward for clubs to share resource where appropriate and we thank Ross and all at Dunfermline for their positive approach and commitment to building a great outcome for both clubs”

Ross McArthur, Dunfermline Chairman stated:-

“We are delighted to agree this arrangement with our near neighbours, as next season will undoubtedly cause issues we have not experienced before. I am extremely grateful to Mike for working with us over the last few weeks to create something that will be of value to both clubs moving forward, in terms of meeting the JRG guidelines but also sharing costs.  

"I see this as a good new story of two clubs, in close proximity, working closely together for each other’s benefit. From DAFC’s perspective, it also provides us with certainty, as using a facility operated by a local authority next season could be extremely challenging on a number of fronts.”

 

Hmmmm..... interesting.      2 clubs in the same league with reps on the SPFL board  cook up some cost-saving  measures between themselves, which could be interpreted as a step along the path to random  ground-sharing.   Nothing now to stop other pairs of clubs doing the same ..... presumably ?      

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Hopefully this. We will never forget how they behaved towards us. I feel we’ll get nothing from this as it’s Scottish football and it’s corrupt as feck.
 

We at least stood up to the bully boys of the SPFL and made some noise. Still proud of our club for how we behaved throughout all of this. 
 

HHGH

 

Very much this.

 

And if I've missed anything important between that post and this one...I'm sure I'll find out sometime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Not ITK at all but a mate told us last week that an initial offer of £4.5m was on the table. 
 

Time will tell


Whatever happens I think AB has met her promise to take this as far as she could so I hope everyone acknowledges that 

 

If it is £4.5m and not reinstatement would be beyond angry given the chances of 2 years in the Championship 

 

Still hoping for justice

 

 

Without Prejudice offers can be made without parties being in negotiations - it can have a bearing on cost awards.

 

In theory SPFL could have offered £4.5m on a WP basis save as to costs, and if we win are not reinstated but get compo but are not compensated over £4.5m the SPFL can in theory claim the we pay their costs of proceedings - even if we won, but only won, say, £4.4m

Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

"The season will kick off on Saturday, pending the outcome of the arbitration process" would suffice.

How can they say that until they know the outcome ? There's still possibility that things could go against us and we go for an interdict to stop season starting 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I’m clutching at straws here but walker cracking a goal in against United!

 

 

Nut I’m hoping ur right ,the same thing went thru my head as soon as I saw it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

More likely to though. Time to consider each and every piece of evidence, consider both sides of the argument and come to a sensible conclusion is what’s needed here.

 

EDIT: i think some sort of indication when proceedings will be concluded would be good though for all of our sanity!

 

Without knowing what guidelines they are working to it is difficult to call no matter how long it takes them.

 

I agree re indicating a timescale for a conclusion would assist especially given how soon the start of the new season is. Oh wait maybe that is part of their guidelines string it out as long as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Yes , for criminal behaviour !

The government will not get involved just because we don't like how they run Scottish football

We know that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
22 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wonder if this is something we are considering 

 

Dunfermline Athletic Football Club and Alloa Athletic Football Club are both delighted to announce a working partnership for season 2020-21.

CBPA8120_3889

With the challenges posed by Covid-19, both clubs have agreed to work together next season, in the first such partnership in Scottish football, to assist each other with the sharing of resources and facilities. 

Dunfermline Athletic will use the Indodrill Stadium as its designated training facility for the forthcoming season, with separate changing facilities and storage, in a Bio-Safe environment.

Both clubs have agreed a reciprocal arrangement, whereby, in the event of an emergency, if either East End Park or the Indodrill Stadium is out of commission next season, for any reason, then we can host each other’s first team fixtures. In addition, both clubs are currently reviewing other Covid-19 costs that they could share, which could include other local Professional football clubs in the Forth Valley.

Mike Mulraney, Alloa Chairman stated:-

“We are convinced that this agreement shows that in these difficult times clubs can work together to ensure that we all not only survive, but can learn new ways to thrive even in the most difficult of circumstances, building resilience for both clubs will be only one of the very positive outcomes achieved.  

"We believe that this shows a positive way forward for clubs to share resource where appropriate and we thank Ross and all at Dunfermline for their positive approach and commitment to building a great outcome for both clubs”

Ross McArthur, Dunfermline Chairman stated:-

“We are delighted to agree this arrangement with our near neighbours, as next season will undoubtedly cause issues we have not experienced before. I am extremely grateful to Mike for working with us over the last few weeks to create something that will be of value to both clubs moving forward, in terms of meeting the JRG guidelines but also sharing costs.  

"I see this as a good new story of two clubs, in close proximity, working closely together for each other’s benefit. From DAFC’s perspective, it also provides us with certainty, as using a facility operated by a local authority next season could be extremely challenging on a number of fronts.”

 

Liked the bit about working together to help all clubs survive. 
What a shower of hypocrites. Directly from  Mulraney, who has had no interest in helping the 3 demoted clubs survive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

My theory is they're trying to work out our compensation package.....👍👍👍

You mean a bribe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hagar the Horrible

All I can say now is that the decision for us to go to court first is the right one, and one in future we can argue that going to arbitration is not in the public interest, and that 2 QC's misled the court as to the arbistration process could be concluded quickly. Its been 11 working days since we submitted the papers.  Lord Clark would have had it done and dusted by now.

 

I think we need to take the SFA back to court if they wish to pursue their bullshit disciplinary case, and tear article 99 up for arse paper.

 

On the plus side if no decision is pending soon, then we must go back to court and seek an interdict.  or if we win then we also ensure the league is delayed.  Both would be a win, but with a free kick in the baws

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

My theory is they're trying to work out our compensation package.....👍👍👍


Surely we’ve already done that? It’s £8m.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:


Surely we’ve already done that? It’s £8m.

Their amount will be different.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Section Q said:

My theory is they're trying to work out our compensation package.....👍👍👍

 

 I am sure AB and her team will have already worked out in fine detail how much relegation would cost the club and presented it to the panel.

 

Verification of the figures would be all that they would have to do which should not be a huge task.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, colinzeal said:


Think you are looking for some agenda that isn’t there. There is no news to report and there has been no leaks to the media. 

 

Not sure Lennon's views on Griffiths counts as 'news'.

 

i'm wondering what Micky Mellon's view on the arbitration is, keeping in mind his old club Tranmere suffered due to the premature closure of the season. That's a story i would read.

 

Perhaps someone could contact Fraser Wishart for his comments on Aberdeen's wage cuts? There's another one.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

My theory is they're trying to work out our compensation package.....👍👍👍


I’d rather they were trying to work out the new fixtures. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Every other country gets answers with the football structure in other countries with covid19 with leagues played to a finish or void no promotion or relegation .take leagues to court get a verdict but here drag there feet and piss about for months well done Scottish football you no how to muck the fans about as long as Rangers and Celtic are ok the SPFL and SFA are happy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

 

 I am sure AB and her team will have already worked out in fine detail how much relegation would cost the club and presented it to the panel.

 

Verification of the figures would be all that they would have to do which should not be a huge task.

They still have to nut it out with the beaks. Can't see us getting the full amount, and to be Frank AB probably doesn't expect it....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Not sure Lennon's views on Griffiths counts as 'news'.

 

i'm wondering what Micky Mellon's view on the arbitration is, keeping in mind his old club Tranmere suffered due to the premature closure of the season. That's a story i would read.

 

Perhaps someone could contact Fraser Wishart for his comments on Aberdeen's wage cuts? There's another one.

 

That news story sums us Scottish Football, Fhat Lennon the pot called the thumb kettle black, over fitness??????

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

At what point do the SPFL/SFA tell them they can't do this?

 

Agreed, club ground needs to be registered before start of season, they can't register 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Their amount will be different.....


See, that’s what I mean though. If they find in our favour, then the compensation surely needs to reflect our losses. We’ve already submitted a breakdown of what that would be. I don’t see how they could turn around and say “yeah, you were unfairly expelled, and those losses are accurate, but we have decided to award you a much smaller sum that we’ve just made up instead”. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

No idea what knowledge this guy has but ...

 

 

Then by default Hearts will know too, wont they?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, graygo said:

 

Agreed, club ground needs to be registered before start of season, they can't register 2.

 

I think that these circumstances call for this kind of joined up thinking however i have some concern over the fact the two surfaces are very different.

 

We should tryand block it just to annoy them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

No idea what knowledge this guy has but ...

 

 

Unfortunately, historically his tips have been dugshit

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Then we take them to court as there will have been a precedent set this year to award leagues and relegate 

no chance we wouldnt win that if they relegate us this year 

 

What if it stops early and we're a point behind at the top with a game in hand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

No idea what knowledge this guy has but ...

 

 

If this is true then SPFL wouldnt need to think how to break the news if they won they would be falling over themselves to let everyone know

Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

Surely it would be the SFA announcing the decision?

However, the SPFL need to break it to the clubs that they have led some of them into financial armagedon and ND needs time to get a head start diwn rhe A74

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


See, that’s what I mean though. If they find in our favour, then the compensation surely needs to reflect our losses. We’ve already submitted a breakdown of what that would be. I don’t see how they could turn around and say “yeah, you were unfairly expelled, and those losses are accurate, but we have decided to award you a much smaller sum that we’ve just made up instead”. 

We won't get £8m mate. Always go for too dollar but be prepared for less.....👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS if the SPFL are aware of it we are aware of it

 

The only basis I can see of the SPFL or the SFA controlling the narrative is if they use the "going to court" charge as a bargaining chip on how they release the news but I dont think we'd go for that having been as bold so far - we'd want to announce it jointly with Thistle.

 

Or if we have agreed morally it is correct that the other members are told first - but then it would leak out like piss from a Hobo jakeys pants

Edited by Jammy T
Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
27 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

So they should rush it and potentially come to the wrong verdict?

Hardly rushing it, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If this is true then SPFL wouldnt need to think how to break the news if they won they would be falling over themselves to let everyone know

Can see it now, headline VINDICATED with a big smug smile of that Chunt Doncaster 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...