SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

The names might not be - the agreement of the tribunal and start of proceedings should be. That is not confidential 

We should be interdicting the season IMO.

Perhaps we are waiting to see if Lord Clark summons them back to the CoS next week.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Falkirk make a giant leap up the 'good guys' list, which they were already fairly high on anyway.  Fantastic to actually come out and say GTF though, rather than just keep quiet about their intentions.  

Totally agree good on them 👏👏👏

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Falkirk the 6th largest settlement in Scotland. 

I learned that last weekend,  surprised by that 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

What does that mean  SG?

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Stadium share makes sense for both though any capital projects will be mothballed for a long time

Add Aberdeen to the share scheme.Dundee has better transport options than their new stadium.😆

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What does that mean  SG?

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Paisley, Falkirk in order of size.

JamboGraham
7 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

34CC6E15-6473-4199-81E9-252010C40630.jpeg

1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I would hope that EVERY club that wishes to distance itself from DU on this distasteful fundraiser, will publish a similar statement.

I know there were some quotes on this earlier but I am honestly not buying this story. Clubs donating cash they don’t have to fund legal reps for 3 clubs for a fight that they (the calpol 3) aren’t even fully taking part in...I think it’s a nice story to suggest that it’s 39 against 2+1 but I don’t believe a single penny will ever change hands...

If they (calpol 3) have funds available they would be better building up a fund to battle the SPFL should we end up winning this thing!

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

In terms of the town of Falkirk, it is 21st on the list with 35,810.

The council area is 11th with 160,410

https://www.citypopulation.de/en/uk/cities/scotland/#i7167

Name Adm. Population
Estimate (E)
2018-06-30
1 Glasgow GLC 623,260
2 Edinburgh CEB 498,050
3 Aberdeen ADC 198,000
4 Dundee DDC 148,600
5 Paisley REN 77,310
6 East Kilbride SLN 75,390
7 Livingston WLT 57,030
8 Hamilton SLN 54,230
9 Dunfermline FIF 54,050
10 Cumbernauld NLN 50,430
11 Kirkcaldy FIF 50,180
Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, John Findlay said:

Thanks.  The word settlement had me confused

jamboinglasgow
26 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

A reminder there are some good clubs in the SPFL who deserve our backing. Falkirk have through out this have been on our side as they were ****ed over by this as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Paisley is part of Glasgow,  another surprise.  Motherwell no 5 at 120k roughly 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

In terms of the town of Falkirk, it is 21st on the list with 35,810.

The council area is 11th with 160,410

https://www.citypopulation.de/en/uk/cities/scotland/#i7167

Name Adm. Population
Estimate (E)
2018-06-30
1 Glasgow GLC 623,260
2 Edinburgh CEB 498,050
3 Aberdeen ADC 198,000
4 Dundee DDC 148,600
5 Paisley REN 77,310
6 East Kilbride SLN 75,390
7 Livingston WLT 57,030
8 Hamilton SLN 54,230
9 Dunfermline FIF 54,050
10 Cumbernauld NLN 50,430
11 Kirkcaldy FIF 50,180

Must have been a dodgy source I was linked to .

They change boundaries and determination of what is part or not, its not a constant?

Edited by Sir Gio

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well done to Falkirk 

What?

They just got knocked down from 6th place to 21st. 😁

gashauskis9

Well done to Falkirk, but I thought it was just Premiership teams they were getting the begging bowl out for?

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Well done to Falkirk, but I thought it was just Premiership teams they were getting the begging bowl out for?

£5k each from SPFL, £2k each from Championship I think. 

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks.  The word settlement had me confused

On a thread like this, I can understand your confusion Geoff.

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Nope, every senior club. Load of pish engineered by the SPFL .board. We all knew they were bad but this situation has scaled new heights. 

3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

No, all clubs, other than a few obvious exceptions.  I have a feeling that they will not have approached Falkirk, given that they were possibly the most shafted, given they were only 1 point behind RR and still had a home game against them.

16 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

No, they had a sliding scale of beggarishness,  something like 5k, 2k and 1k depending on which league you are in.

Necks of brass.

Edited by graygo

JamboAl1965
45 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

Ourselves and Falkirk should do this. Would be top top trolling

JamboAl1965
48 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

Ourselves and Partick should do this. Would be top top trolling

Edited by JamboAl1965
error

JamboAl1965
45 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, graygo said:

What?

😂

Footballfirst
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Must have been a dodgy source I was linked to .

They change boundaries and determination of what is part or not, its not a constant?

Perhaps not.

It may refer to the urban area, where Falkirk is physically adjacent to Grangemouth, Stenhousemuir, Larbert, Camelon, Brightons, Polmont etc.

Livingston's urban area may only include Mid Calder and Pumpherston.

29 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well done to Falkirk 

17 minutes ago, graygo said:

What?

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Perhaps not.

It may refer to the urban area, where Falkirk is physically adjacent to Grangemouth, Stenhousemuir, Larbert, Camelon, Brightons, Polmont etc.

Livingston's urban area may only include Mid Calder and Pumpherston.

Reconstruction? 😲

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Nope, every senior club. Load of pish engineered by the SPFL .board. We all knew they were bad but this situation has scaled new heights. 

You would like to think this bodes well for us. 

Emblematic of the efforts to conspire 

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

We should offer them £5k in line with other SPFL clubs. 

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

In truth, I am sure that is the most likely answer to the why? but I still doubt there was ever any real enthusiasm within the board of the SPFL to do very much about reconstruction, other than to pay lip service to the idea. Hopefully the result of arbitration will see them rue the day they forgot to adhere to the most important requirement of their deliberations - do no harm! 

Wouldn't it be quite a shock to the SPFL system if it was to come out that keeping 'null and void' off the table was the only 'no harm' they were ever going to 'do'!

AB will get a clearer picture when she gets access to the Board minutes  because it's crystal clear from the legal advice that recon would only be considered (if it's to be considered at all) AFTER the vote to end the season and the relegation vote was passed. It remains to be seen how dilligently they followed the legal advice or did ever actually consider recon.

I don't think it's a coincidence   Moynihan was getting very agitated in the CoS and tried hard to dismiss Hearts' claim for the release of docs as , amongst other things, not relevant. Clearly Lord C thinks there are things to be seen in the docs requested that are very relevant. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Pathetic. 

Read my add on.  Raith fans aren't happy they're having to do their own thing 🤣

gashauskis9
Just now, graygo said:

No, they had a sliding scale of beggarishness,  something like 10k, 5k, 2k and 1k depending on which league you are in.

Necks of brass.

It’s despicable.  Hearts had to come up with a an SPFL reconstruction plan and bring a philanthropist to the table to provide financial support to SPFL clubs.  United, Raith and Cove now having to beg other clubs to pay for the SPFL’s defence.  The SPFL themselves have done **** all but throw a grenade into a room back in April. 

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

The posts showing the Rangers Dossier show that Deloittes never spoke to the clubs including Dundee as part of their review, which seems odd. You'd have thought the content of the phone call at 5.39 betweeen Nelms and Doncaster would be key...

Deloittes will do whatever their Paymaster asks. them to do. That is why they have been slated over recent years along with three other similar companies

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Read my add on.  Raith fans aren't happy they're having to do their own thing 🤣

To be honest I can’t get my head round he mentality of these people anymore. 

If they believe Hearts are the Bad Guys here then they deserve to go under. 

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Not sure if already posted...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/balmoral-to-tannadice-walk?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

Apparently Dundee United fans were unwilling to do a joint crowdfunding 🤣

"What the club are now being subjected too, through no fault of our own, is proving to be an extremely costly situation and one that we could have done without".

What a *** king brass neck, as my gran used to say (she swore like a trooper). 

11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Not sure if already posted...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/balmoral-to-tannadice-walk?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

Apparently Dundee United fans were unwilling to do a joint crowdfunding 🤣

Of course they weren't, the most self centered, selfish club in Scottish football right now.

Hope they get burnt badly next week.

1 hour ago, Darkblue said:

Your guess is good as mine.

Possible reasons...

1. Nelms wants to ingratiate himself with important people

2. Nelms wants a place on the SPFL board for egotistical reasons or to promote Dundee's profile

3. Nelms sees a benefit to supporting Celtic, possibly though loan players

4. Nelms doesn't really know what he's doing and is just reacting to persuasive texts, phone calls

5. Nelms thought that the U-turn would turn the reconstruction conversation into something a little more serious

Who knows? Maybe lots of factors were at play.

So does no one at Dundee actually know what prompted his 180 degree turnaround? 

He's absolutely poisoned his own reputation and tarnished your clubs name. (Thats not a dig at Dundee as a club btw) He entered into a gentlemans agreement with Partick and ICT to vote a certain way to ensure a block on the vote and then went back on his word punishing Partick in possibly the harshest way. How can anyone trust a guy that does that? 

Obviously the fans haven't done anything wrong, but what Nelms has done is snakey in the extreme and he's delusional if he thinks he can get on the board. Irrespective of what side of the debate your on, I don't think anyone wants someone so naive/pliable/sycophantic and untrustworthy making decisions which can impact every club. 

Maybe its a cultural thing, but my understanding is when you say you're going to do something you bloody well do it. 

His reputation is mud, and I sincerely hope we refuse to do business with you guys until that clown is gone. 

3 hours ago, harrywragg said:

rumour has it that Bob Geldof is setting up a Calpol 3-Aid benefit concert 😉

slimy basteds

FE96ED7E-AE52-4483-9BC9-CE1DE5515FA6.jpeg

Captain Canada

Who made the decision to promote those three teams against its own rules? The SPFL 

Who has the power to revoke their promotions? The arbitration panel and SPFL.

Who's to blame for all this? Hearts 

Yep, all makes perfect sense! 

I really wish this was in court to hear what the C3's QC will have to say. 

Yes m'lud, my clients gained unfairly from the original SPFL decision but to put things right is just...

Yes? 

No fair! 

Edited by Captain Canada

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"What the club are now being subjected too, through no fault of our own, is proving to be an extremely costly situation and one that we could have done without".

What a *** king brass neck, as my gran used to say (she swore like a trooper). 

Their ire should be directed at those who run the game. They can't even acknowledge where the blame lies. Shameless

colinmaroon

We shouldn't be surprised by the hysteria.  When someone knows deep down that they are morally and ethically wrong and refuses to accept it, they deflect it all onto someone/something else and, what is really morally and ethically sound is ridiculed and abused.

We should not be surprised also that people fall for their narrative, after all there are actually some people who think Boris is a good Prime Minister.

ToadKiller Dog

So basically the Calpol 3 are saying by means of a publicity stunt that they have no faith in the spfl defending them and Hearts /Partick are bad .

Total ridiculous nonsense .

Diadora Van Basten

It’s interesting reading Dark Blues tonight. I went onto Pie and Bovril the other night as I thought it would be interesting to speak with fans of other clubs and try and persuade them that what has happened is not right.

Instead I just got replies about Albert Kidd and it was obvious that I was wasting my time.

I think the most telling thing is the clubs won’t give Doncaster the powers he requires as none of them fancy ending up being in the same position that we find ourselves in.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )