SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

So...the arbitration? What’s the latest? How’s come last week I heard the SPFL QC arguing ‘we are ready to go with arbitration m’lud, we could start on Monday or Tuesday m’lud”, yet it’s nearly a week later and **** all has been reported? How are things progressing? 

and ps, **** these Arabs *****. 

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Durham Jambo said:

34CC6E15-6473-4199-81E9-252010C40630.jpeg

Gary Deans has been a credit to Falkirk and football throughout this debacle👏👏👏👏👏

Kirky Jambo

What is it with the Calpol 3 copying and pasting each others’ statements and just changing the club names.

I keep reading the typo “subjected too” which is the main giveaway.

All a bit embarrassing tbh

37 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Read my add on.  Raith fans aren't happy they're having to do their own thing 🤣

Poor Raith.  Obviously they were hoping for a joint crowdfunding so they could tag along on the back of the much larger DUFC support.  Now they are left to their own resources.  Reality beckons.  Too many diddy clubs have far too much influence in Scottish 'professional' football.

I hope this whole episode wipes the floor clean.  We should restructure the leagues so that never again, will a chairman of some no-mark club like Albion Rovers, be able influence a very important outcome that impacts much larger clubs, because he doesn't fancy a trip to Brora Rangers.

No part time clubs in the professional leagues.  No shitty plastic pitches in the Premiership.  Diddy teams play in regional leagues and those with ambition have an opportunity to make it into the big leagues if they can satisfy the requirements to do so.

It pisses me off no end that our turnover as a club far exceeds the combined turnover of league 2 clubs, yet they get 10 votes to our 1.  If we are going to stick with 4 leagues, then clubs in the Premiership should get 10 votes, Championship 7 votes, League 1, 4 votes and League 2, 1 vote.  It is time to stop the tail wagging the dog.  In my scenario, there would be a total of 240 votes, and the 12 Premiership clubs would account for half of them, while leagues 1 and 2 combined would account for 50 votes.

Rant over!

will-i-am-a-jambo
4 hours ago, Jambo Mac said:

The pleasing aspect of this situation of crowdfunding, sponsored walks and now alleged support form all 12 current premiership clubs is that Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Partick Thistle have kept a dignified silence since their joint statement last Friday.No doubt the gutter press have tried to obtain interviews quotes etc. but have been told vacate the vicinity.I would have said Fxxk Off but we are too good for that.

I believe this has all been orchestrated, no doubt with  a great deal of assistance from  the SPFL to stir up mass hysteriatring to convince everybody that it is a club v club case and  to try and cause further delay to the Arbitration hearing, hoping that the nearer to 1st August it gets the more favourable decision they will achieve.Rightly so, details of the hearing have been kept to almost zero by both sides regarding  the choosing of the panel/chairman, retrieval of documents and likely start date.

Only vague statements like 'we hope to start next week' have been offered  by the C3. Only the legal teams of both sides know the real situation .If anything should be leaked I think we all know where it would come from.

Imo this has all been engineered by the SPFL to deflect criticism and the obvious incompetence orchestrated by themselves.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Poor Raith.  Obviously they were hoping for a joint crowdfunding so they could tag along on the back of the much larger DUFC support.  Now they are left to their own resources.  Reality beckons.  Too many diddy clubs have far too much influence in Scottish 'professional' football.

I hope this whole episode wipes the floor clean.  We should restructure the leagues so that never again, will a chairman of some no-mark club like Albion Rovers, be able influence a very important outcome that impacts much larger clubs, because he doesn't fancy a trip to Brora Rangers.

No part time clubs in the professional leagues.  No shitty plastic pitches in the Premiership.  Diddy teams play in regional leagues and those with ambition have an opportunity to make it into the big leagues if they can satisfy the requirements to do so.

It pisses me off no end that our turnover as a club far exceeds the combined turnover of league 2 clubs, yet they get 10 votes to our 1.  If we are going to stick with 4 leagues, then clubs in the Premiership should get 10 votes, Championship 7 votes, League 1, 4 votes and League 2, 1 vote.  It is time to stop the tail wagging the dog.  In my scenario, there would be a total of 240 votes, and the 12 Premiership clubs would account for half of them, while leagues 1 and 2 combined would account for 50 votes.

Rant over!

Its not a rant man. Its valid points. 

The structure could be looked at by football people. I'd be really interested to listen to Gordon Strachan, Levein and John Collins in a podcast discuss their thoughts on league structure. Stuff like 2 leagues of genuinely professional clubs, no plastic pitches in the top flight, colt teams, regional leagues, the list goes on. 

I think the game has been ruined by folk like Doncaster who isn't here for anything other than a wage. The quicker types like him are finally chased off we might actually start to recover. 

8 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Rant over!

Good point 👍

johnthomas
19 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

What is it with the Calpol 3 copying and pasting each others’ statements and just changing the club names.

I keep reading the typo “subjected too” which is the main giveaway.

All a bit embarrassing tbh

Indeed , it should be 'to'

26 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

So...the arbitration? What’s the latest? How’s come last week I heard the SPFL QC arguing ‘we are ready to go with arbitration m’lud, we could start on Monday or Tuesday m’lud”, yet it’s nearly a week later and **** all has been reported? How are things progressing? 

and ps, **** these Arabs *****. 

I think things will be progressing in the background Mr S.  It was reckoned it might take about a week to get the panel together then perhaps another week for them to go through the process, (though if Boreland QC is still involved, that could be 3 weeks.)  then perhaps a few days for the panel to determine an outcome.  It's all happening behind closed doors so we have no idea how much progress has been made so far, nothing will be reported as the process takes place.  We'll just have to await the outcome.  Frustrating for sure!

Guest ToqueJambo

It's got to the stage where I really don't care what happens. This whole thing is so ****ing mental from start to finish. If we lose,  27 games in the Championship is nothing. The perfect chance to sort the squad out and get Robbie and his team bedded in. If we win and D Utd and Raith inevitably try to get reconstruction done, maybe even walking to Hampden, I just don't know how I would cope with the laughing.

500ClubCraig

For a long time I was an advocate of two Leagues of 18 teams, but I have to agree with RobNox in terms of criteria to be part of Scottish Professional Football, which would probably mean at best two leagues of 12.

The only way this will happen though is for yet another breakaway league(s) being set up...... oh joy!

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

For a long time I was an advocate of two Leagues of 18 teams, but I have to agree with RobNox in terms of criteria to be part of Scottish Professional Football, which would probably mean at best two leagues of 12.

The only way this will happen though is for yet another breakaway league(s) being set up...... oh joy!

16 and 12 👍🏼

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Nope, every senior club. Load of pish engineered by the SPFL .board. We all knew they were bad but this situation has scaled new heights. 

Asking all the wee teams dying on their feet from no football to help D Utd (given how much money they've spent and are spending) and Raith (given they were the most undeserving "title winners" in Scottish football history) get promoted at the expense of other clubs in the middle of a pandemic is one of the most offensive things I've ever seen Scottish football, outwith the bigotry and so on.

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Asking all the wee teams dying on their feet from no football to help D Utd (given how much money they've spent and are spending) and Raith (given they were the most undeserving "title winners" in Scottish football history) get promoted at the expense of other clubs in the middle of a pandemic is one of the most offensive things I've ever seen Scottish football, outwith the bigotry and so on.

It’s beyond ridiculous. A complete farce. I want to chuck it and walk away so badly. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Durham Jambo said:

34CC6E15-6473-4199-81E9-252010C40630.jpeg

This is just too much now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Scottish football is just a massive pagger in the Meadows now. With the SPFL starting it by calling someone's girlfriend ugly then running away and hiding behind a tree.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good fun though.  The most entertaining league in the world.

Hope I don't have to walk to Hampden.  12,000 miles and I'll get wet.

jamboinglasgow

I was thinking earlier today if there is an argument to be made round play-offs. Declaring teams champions and relegating teams based on the league finishing where it did was done under the view that we treat it like the end of the season. But that doesn't work if you ignore play-offs. You could easily play them again just before the new season is set to start. If that is hard on teams, well tough because other teams have been relegated already.

To me the SPFL showed that they picked and choose which parts of the end of the season they wanted. They were happy with making clubs champions, they were happy with clubs getting automatically relegated and they were happy with teams being automatically promoted, but they then decided play-offs which can result in relegation and promotion dont count. None of the board were from teams that would be automatically relegated, three were from teams sitting in the position of play-offs where if they lost they would be relegated. Only one board member was from a team who could get promoted through the play-off.

To me that has always been the most corrupt part (with Motherwell who finished third because the season ended having won only 1 game in 8 and 2 points ahead of Aberdeen.) To me that while it most challegning you cant allow automatic relegation and no play-off, and 3/4 teams who were in the relegation play-off position in the SPFL on the board and deciding that play-offs are cancelled is disgraceful.

Dundee Utd have given me an idea.  We run a small business here and during the lockdown we had no customers.

Could JKB members all send me 10 quid to make up the shortfall?

8 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

I'm glad you agree with me Craig.  Can I just check, do you often walk from East Calder to the Ardmillan hotel on a match day, or am I mixing you up with another Craig from East Calder?

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I just can't stop laughing at the wording of that Falkirk statement and the whole idea of Raith asking the team they were only 1 pt ahead of with 8 to play to fund their promotion quest. It's playground stuff.

7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Dundee Utd have given me an idea.  We run a small business here and during the lockdown we had no customers.

You should be asking more from subscribed members.

500ClubCraig
6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'm glad you agree with me Craig.  Can I just check, do you often walk from East Calder to the Ardmillan hotel on a match day, or am I mixing you up with another Craig from East Calder?

Replace often, with twice a season and yes you are on the money 😉

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Don’t be fooled by this latest gimmick.It’s no coincidence that only DU RR and CR took up the SPFL offer to join them in the court case.Now we are expected to believe that practically every other team in the country is willing to spend money they don’t have on something which a judge has already dismissed.There is only one team funding this-the 8.79iar mob.

1 minute ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Replace often, with twice a season and yes you are on the money 😉

Ha, I thought it was you.  Hope you and the family are bearing up well through this crazy time.  Hopefully won't be long before we can catch up for a few beers and watch a rejuvenated Hearts team in whatever league we end up in 🍻

Apologies to others if I've taken this slightly off topic.

SectionDJambo

What I find completely insane now, is the time and effort these teams are engaging in what could be a futile, expensive exercise to protect their promotions. Something has clearly rattled them into believing it could all end badly for them, or someone is still egging them on to do their dirty work, like the cowardly school bully who stirs up trouble and then stands back to watch the mayhem.

How much easier it would have been, with little or no financial cost, to have just gone with reconstruction, temporary or permanent, when they had the chances - more than one - to do the right thing by every club.

But no. The baying mob decided that Hearts and Partick Thistle were worthy of brow beating into submission, with a small club like Stranraer cast out as collateral damage. Their punishments had to be handed out.

Is there nobody out there who has the sense and leadership, to just call a halt to the demotions, before Scottish football drives itself off a cliff in the pursuit of spite?

It is madness.

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Jambo Mac said:

Don’t be fooled by this latest gimmick.It’s no coincidence that only DU RR and CR took up the SPFL offer to join them in the court case.Now we are expected to believe that practically every other team in the country is willing to spend money they don’t have on something which a judge has already dismissed.There is only one team funding this-the 8.79iar mob.

Then they could just say an anonymous donor paid for it. This is still hilarious. It's like a guy beats someone up in the street then asks their victim to pay for treatment for their sore knuckles. I honestly can't get over this development. It's the most stupid thing that's happened yet, and meanwhile out there somewhere some poor D Utd and Cove fans are wandering across Scotland to pay for a legal fight they don't even need to be at as they can't mount their own defence. And why aren't Raith fans walking somewhere the lazy *******s.

Edited by ToqueJambo

19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I was thinking earlier today if there is an argument to be made round play-offs. Declaring teams champions and relegating teams based on the league finishing where it did was done under the view that we treat it like the end of the season. But that doesn't work if you ignore play-offs. You could easily play them again just before the new season is set to start. If that is hard on teams, well tough because other teams have been relegated already.

To me the SPFL showed that they picked and choose which parts of the end of the season they wanted. They were happy with making clubs champions, they were happy with clubs getting automatically relegated and they were happy with teams being automatically promoted, but they then decided play-offs which can result in relegation and promotion dont count. None of the board were from teams that would be automatically relegated, three were from teams sitting in the position of play-offs where if they lost they would be relegated. Only one board member was from a team who could get promoted through the play-off.

To me that has always been the most corrupt part (with Motherwell who finished third because the season ended having won only 1 game in 8 and 2 points ahead of Aberdeen.) To me that while it most challegning you cant allow automatic relegation and no play-off, and 3/4 teams who were in the relegation play-off position in the SPFL on the board and deciding that play-offs are cancelled is disgraceful.

Agree with you 100%.Also there was the statement issued regarding prize money was only available if you vote yes to end the season otherwise it will not be paid until September-no idea if that month was significant or randomly chosen.Apart From that at the time of the vote teams had only lost the revenue from two games which could have been cancelled for numerous reasons.In normal circumstances prize money would not have been paid until 23rd May so the COVID 19 was used as a convenient excuse to help teams financially.

To use an analogy, the situation Scottish football clubs are in could be likened to being shipwrecked on a desert island.

42 people shipwrecked, with no food, and desperate to survive.  One way would be to work together, look to find some food to keep us all alive.  Another way would be to have a vote, and decide we're going to eat 3 of the group, so that the rest of the company can survive.

Having held a vote to decide which 3 members of the group are going to be sacrificed for the greater good of the others, those 3 decide to defend themselves, and they are suddenly denounced as selfish *******s by the majority, because their selfish stand of refusing to being eaten means that some others might starve to death.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

So does no one at Dundee actually know what prompted his 180 degree turnaround? 

He's absolutely poisoned his own reputation and tarnished your clubs name. (Thats not a dig at Dundee as a club btw) He entered into a gentlemans agreement with Partick and ICT to vote a certain way to ensure a block on the vote and then went back on his word punishing Partick in possibly the harshest way. How can anyone trust a guy that does that? 

Obviously the fans haven't done anything wrong, but what Nelms has done is snakey in the extreme and he's delusional if he thinks he can get on the board. Irrespective of what side of the debate your on, I don't think anyone wants someone so naive/pliable/sycophantic and untrustworthy making decisions which can impact every club. 

Maybe its a cultural thing, but my understanding is when you say you're going to do something you bloody well do it. 

His reputation is mud, and I sincerely hope we refuse to do business with you guys until that clown is gone. 

You've nailed it.

Lots of Dees stand with Jambos against Nelms. We stand against Hearts getting relegated. We hate United. We hate Hibs. We hate the Old Firm. We're not the enemy. Good luck.

Edited by Darkblue

Unknown user
2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"What the club are now being subjected too, through no fault of our own, is proving to be an extremely costly situation and one that we could have done without".

What a *** king brass neck, as my gran used to say (she swore like a trooper). 

Hearts should release that exact same quote.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Only if you put out an aggrieved Facebook status or two and have a couple customers walk a significant distance between yours and a competitors business. 

45 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

What I find completely insane now, is the time and effort these teams are engaging in what could be a futile, expensive exercise to protect their promotions. Something has clearly rattled them into believing it could all end badly for them, or someone is still egging them on to do their dirty work, like the cowardly school bully who stirs up trouble and then stands back to watch the mayhem.

How much easier it would have been, with little or no financial cost, to have just gone with reconstruction, temporary or permanent, when they had the chances - more than one - to do the right thing by every club.

But no. The baying mob decided that Hearts and Partick Thistle were worthy of brow beating into submission, with a small club like Stranraer cast out as collateral damage. Their punishments had to be handed out.

Is there nobody out there who has the sense and leadership, to just call a halt to the demotions, before Scottish football drives itself off a cliff in the pursuit of spite?

It is madness.

Exactly this, you would think there must be a club chairperson sitting thinking this could go horribly wrong and would be willing to break ranks and call out the SPFL it might only take one. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

So does no one at Dundee actually know what prompted his 180 degree turnaround? 

He's absolutely poisoned his own reputation and tarnished your clubs name. (Thats not a dig at Dundee as a club btw) He entered into a gentlemans agreement with Partick and ICT to vote a certain way to ensure a block on the vote and then went back on his word punishing Partick in possibly the harshest way. How can anyone trust a guy that does that? 

Obviously the fans haven't done anything wrong, but what Nelms has done is snakey in the extreme and he's delusional if he thinks he can get on the board. Irrespective of what side of the debate your on, I don't think anyone wants someone so naive/pliable/sycophantic and untrustworthy making decisions which can impact every club. 

Maybe its a cultural thing, but my understanding is when you say you're going to do something you bloody well do it. 

His reputation is mud, and I sincerely hope we refuse to do business with you guys until that clown is gone. 

It's fairly obvious.  He realised that his vote was more or less the casting vote.  Every other division had supported the resolution, it all came down to the Championship clubs' vote and the initial votes were 7-3 in favour, when the resolution needed 8-2 to pass.  He decided to withdraw his no vote and something happened over the next 5 days to make him change it to a yes vote.

I think a big part of our case will be to determine what happened during that period that made Dundee amend it's vote.  The fact that Dundee was allowed to change its vote after the deadline will be part of our case, even if we can't uncover what it was that enticed them to change their vote.   Can anyone really believe that the actions of Dundee was acting in good faith towards the other member clubs?

I really believe we have a very strong case here, partly because a lot of the opposing parties did not really account for us taking this to the law, and may have said things that they will live to regret.  Loose talk costs lives, but Ann Budge hasn't been talking loosely, unlike some of her peers.

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

To use an analogy, the situation Scottish football clubs are in could be likened to being shipwrecked on a desert island.

42 people shipwrecked, with no food, and desperate to survive.  One way would be to work together, look to find some food to keep us all alive.  Another way would be to have a vote, and decide we're going to eat 3 of the group, so that the rest of the company can survive.

Having held a vote to decide which 3 members of the group are going to be sacrificed for the greater good of the others, those 3 decide to defend themselves, and they are suddenly denounced as selfish *******s by the majority, because their selfish stand of refusing to being eaten means that some others might starve to death.

That's pretty good.  :thumb:

1 hour ago, Darkblue said:

Lots of Dees stand with Jambos against Nelms. We stand against Hearts getting relegated. We hate United. We hate Hibs. We hate the Old Firm. We're not the enemy. Good luck.

That's what I call a five star post.  :bravo:

4 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Sir, I would enjoy having a pint with you.

Phil D. Corners
4 hours ago, RobNox said:

It's fairly obvious.  He realised that his vote was more or less the casting vote.  Every other division had supported the resolution, it all came down to the Championship clubs' vote and the initial votes were 7-3 in favour, when the resolution needed 8-2 to pass.  He decided to withdraw his no vote and something happened over the next 5 days to make him change it to a yes vote.

I think a big part of our case will be to determine what happened during that period that made Dundee amend it's vote.  The fact that Dundee was allowed to change its vote after the deadline will be part of our case, even if we can't uncover what it was that enticed them to change their vote.   Can anyone really believe that the actions of Dundee was acting in good faith towards the other member clubs?

I really believe we have a very strong case here, partly because a lot of the opposing parties did not really account for us taking this to the law, and may have said things that they will live to regret.  Loose talk costs lives, but Ann Budge hasn't been talking loosely, unlike some of her peers.

I think It was Doncaster that realised that Dundee had the casting vote on his resolution. And that’s where the corruption started.  

1. Dundee were open in the Championship WhatsApp group in the way they were voting. Fact. 

2. Dundee’s  vote against resolution was sent/and quarantined ahead of the 5pm dead line. Fact 

3. Doncaster and all knew in the board meeting that this was case and publicised that Dundee has the deciding vote. 

4. Doncaster allowed Dundee to retract their vote and the allow five days to do it. Why, and why FIVE days? 

The first vote should of counted. 

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Dongcaster could sell the rights to his story to Netflix - that could raise quite a bit.

5 hours ago, Darkblue said:

I'm rather suspicious of this post and it's intentions. Perhaps my suspicion is just a sad indictment of Scottish football right now rather than remembering Dundee fans holding up "were you crying in 86?" banners at Tynecastle and singing about Albert Kidd. 

RealMaroonCF
18 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm rather suspicious of this post and it's intentions. Perhaps my suspicion is just a sad indictment of Scottish football right now rather than remembering Dundee fans holding up "were you crying in 86?" banners at Tynecastle and singing about Albert Kidd. 

Give the guy a break mate 

Hes not saying it's a hearts love fest, hes just saying he supports our current view and position.

Dundee fans are perfectly entitled...as we are....to take the p155 out if any other team in matchday which they see fit. This is not a matchday and not the time to pick out those who support a stance because you dont like a brand they often wear

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )