SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Going back to when I was a kid Cammy Fraser was an incredible signing from Hearts. More recently Berra transformed our team last season and set us up nicely for promotion (before Nelms decided that the play-offs weren't worth talking about when the pandemic hit).

I thought Colin Cameron was fantastic at Hearts but his legs had gone by the time he came to Dens.

Craig Beattie and John Sutton were both good for us and they played for the Jambos at some point in their careers.

I used to play 5s with a few Edinburgh Arabs. Nice to remind them that unlike Hearts they weren’t the biggest team in their city 👍

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

From the outside a merger looks the obvious solution . 

Could have a pretty decent fan base and financial footing with only one team in the city . 

I don't really understand this logic. A merger means two of Scotland's biggest 8 clubs disappear and a new one emerges that nobody cares about.

It's 100 years too late for mergers.

If Dundee and United should merge, should Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose merge? Should Hearts and Hibs merge?

We're Dundee. We have 5,000 or fans. We have our history and our badge and our colours. That's all that matters. Success is a bonus.

1 minute ago, Darkblue said:

I don't really understand this logic. A merger means two of Scotland's biggest 8 clubs disappear and a new one emerges that nobody cares about.

If Dundee and United should merge, should Arbroath, Forfar and Montrose merge? Should Hearts and Hibs merge?

We're Dundee. We have 5,000 or fans. We have our history and our badge and our colours. That's all that matters. Success is a bonus.

Stadium share makes sense for both though any capital projects will be mothballed for a long time

Spellczech
5 minutes ago, RobNox said:

We don't know what documents have been requested, but I'd be astonished if we haven't asked for all available documentation relating to this review..  All we were told was that Deloitte undertook a review and everything was hunky dory. 

Who took the decision to commission the review, ND or the SPFL Board?

Why were clubs not advised of this decision?

What were the terms of reference of the review, what was in scope, and more importantly, what was out of scope?  In the Rangers dossier, they claim that the scope of the review was narrow.

What were the full findings of the review?  Did Deloitte make any qualifying statements?

I suspect this review will be seen to have been a complete fudge, in an attempt to dissuade the clubs from voting for an independent investigation.  

The posts showing the Rangers Dossier show that Deloittes never spoke to the clubs including Dundee as part of their review, which seems odd. You'd have thought the content of the phone call at 5.39 betweeen Nelms and Doncaster would be key...

Just now, Newton51 said:

Stadium share makes sense for both though any capital projects will be mothballed for a long time

Yeah makes total sense and most fans realise that. We don't have that Italian culture of sharing though and neither club has encouraged it. 

Seymour M Hersh
36 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

So, anyway?

No, didn’t think so as discussed by me previously....

Will it actually be announced?

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Going back to when I was a kid Cammy Fraser was an incredible signing from Hearts. More recently Berra transformed our team last season and set us up nicely for promotion (before Nelms decided that the play-offs weren't worth talking about when the pandemic hit).

I thought Colin Cameron was fantastic at Hearts but his legs had gone by the time he came to Dens.

Craig Beattie and John Sutton were both good for us and they played for the Jambos at some point in their careers.

The answer is Gordon Smith, but I'm guessing he was before your time.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Sadly Gordon Smith is just a name to me.

David Winnie, Nipper Lawrence, David Witteveen. Those are the guys who made me fall in love with the sport.

20 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but what are you on about ?..maybe you have replied to the wrong post, but if not your post is just nonsense with no idea what you are talking about

Maybe it will make sense to some drunk guy

My mistake it must have not been you who hid their work in the drawer, wisen up and stop acting like God almighty we all make mistakes, you were a great table tennis player mind.....

25 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Ground share, not merge.

The other clubs should be in  a regionalised league outside of the SPFL. (2 leagues)

The ydon't need to accept promotion to the SPFL if they don't believ they are in a position too.

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Ground share, not merge.

The other clubs should be in a regionalised league outside of the SPFL. (2 leagues)

The don't need to accept promotion to the SPFL if they don't believ they are in a position too.

Sorry yeah. That is the answer. We need to share. 

Dundee and United are too big to merge and the city is too small to make a new club really take off.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Dark blue seems like a decent poster so let’s give him a bit of slack, there are plenty of fans out there who agree with our position even though it’s contradictory to the stance their club has taken.

reality is - they will be caught in the cross fire regardless 

I agree, I don't think he would have been naive enough not to expect a hard time from some posters, but fair play to him for coming on here to respond to a question made a few weeks back, and did offer to donate to our legal fund (the fact we don't need one is irrelevant).

We can't blame fans for the actions of their club's owners.  We as much as any fans should understand what it's like to be in the sort of predicament that Dundee find themselves.  We were within a whisker of having to sell our stadium to survive, then later we were days away from going out of business.

We are very fortunate that AB and her associates are people of integrity.  That is a quality that appears to be sadly lacking in Scottish football, with a few honourable exceptions.

10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Will it actually be announced?

The names might not be - the agreement of the tribunal and start of proceedings should be. That is not confidential 

We should be interdicting the season IMO.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's really simple. They wanted to take null and void off the table as a possible solution as quickly as possible because... Celtic. At that time all the chat was about null and void. Maybe they really did intend to get clubs to push through reconstruction after the resolution but something got lost somewhere and everyone basically started acting for themselves.

In truth, I am sure that is the most likely answer to the why? but I still doubt there was ever any real enthusiasm within the board of the SPFL to do very much about reconstruction, other than to pay lip service to the idea. Hopefully the result of arbitration will see them rue the day they forgot to adhere to the most important requirement of their deliberations - do no harm! 

Wouldn't it be quite a shock to the SPFL system if it was to come out that keeping 'null and void' off the table was the only 'no harm' they were ever going to 'do'!

10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Only player to win titles with 3 different Scottish clubs and none of the titles with Celtic or Rangers.

Fozzyonthefence
35 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Let's not forget that those arab *******s fought tooth and nail for reconstruction and then suddenly voted against it the minute we promoted them. 

Why did Dundee supposedly change their vote to bring reconstruction to the table, then once it was on the table, vote against it?

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Only player to win titles with 3 different Scottish clubs and none of the titles with Celtic or Rangers.

Correct. the really annoying thing is if you google Gordon Smith and football guess who's face comes up.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why did Dundee supposedly change their vote to bring reconstruction to the table, then once it was on the table, vote against it?

Your guess is good as mine.

Possible reasons...

1. Nelms wants to ingratiate himself with important people

2. Nelms wants a place on the SPFL board for egotistical reasons or to promote Dundee's profile

3. Nelms sees a benefit to supporting Celtic, possibly though loan players

4. Nelms doesn't really know what he's doing and is just reacting to persuasive texts, phone calls

5. Nelms thought that the U-turn would turn the reconstruction conversation into something a little more serious

Who knows? Maybe lots of factors were at play.

2 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Maybe because of my experience with Nelms I separate Budge from Hearts. If Jambos want to direct their animosity towards all things Dundee then that's fair enough.

There are many reasons why that U-turn was a disgrace. Alienating Hearts fans was one of them. 

You're going to totally stroll to the title this season by the way. Neilson owns this league. We're clueless against his tactics. Boyce will tear up this league. If we're within 25 points I'll be pleased.

Hopefully this legal judgement corrects things though and we don't have to see an empty away end at Dens when Hearts visit. I live in hope.

What I can't understand with Dundee fans is their reaction to their owner changing his vote to allow United to be gifted the title. 

Hearts fans would never have accepted our club voting in a way which would have gifted Hibs a league title. 

If Dundee fans are OK with United being gifted the league then they don't have a rivalry worthy of the name. 

The two American owners are possibly carving up a merger as we speak. 🤔

DesertDawg
58 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Fair enough.

Who's the best player you got from Dundee? Neil McCann? Tosh McKinlay?

Who's the best player Dundee ever got from Hearts?  Easy.  Gordon Smith.

57 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Who's the best player you got from us?

Clue: he came to you from Hearts

Would that by any chance be the only player to have won league championships with three Scottish clubs, without playing for either of the Old Firm?  

Edit, I was beaten to the punch by several other posters.

Edited by RobNox

Italian Lambretta
55 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If we want to wave the Dundee United fans off its Saturday am from Tynecastle to Dundee.......and they walk with official club backing

Dundee United have given their formal backing to two fans who plan to walk from Tynecastle to Tannadice to raise funds for the club’s legal battle.

United had planned to launch their own crowdfunding campaign but they have now thrown their weight behind supporters Paul McNicoll and Andy Crichton, who will walk the 56 mile route on July 18.

As of Thursday afternoon, the pair had already raised raised over £16,000 through GoFundMe.

A United statement read: “As mentioned in our statement on July 6, the club had intended running a crowdfunding campaign to try and raise some funds to support the legal costs involved in this case. 

“However, since then, two of our supporters, Paul McNicoll and Andy Crichton have set up a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to help the club. 

They better be away before 12 or they will be in for an almighty shock 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed but the point I was making was that what FF put up indicates that a "conscious decision" was required specifically for whether promotions/relegations should take place ie a separate vote even if contained on the same ballot paper...not just one Yes/No, but multiple questions each to be specifically answered including one on whether relegation/promotion should be effected...

I've just had a short exchange with ToqueJambo where I agreed with him that the whole vote was set up to ensure 'null and void' was kept off the table. I suspect that the only way they could think of to ensure it was kept off was to rush the motion through in a way that greedy and desperate boards were all voting for something else entirely. I'm sure, too, that the relegation issue was put in just so the whole title and relegation issues were done and dusted before anyone had time to think about it in a calm and reasoned way. Regardless of anything else, there was absolutely no need to decide on who, what or how the title and relegation issue was to be dealt with until the very last day of the normal league season, allowing two months to debate and face up to every problem that every solution might bring then implement whatever was decided.

44 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but what are you on about ?..maybe you have replied to the wrong post, but if not your post is just nonsense with no idea what you are talking about

Maybe it will make sense to some drunk guy

Nope, not this one anyway!

33 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The posts showing the Rangers Dossier show that Deloittes never spoke to the clubs including Dundee as part of their review, which seems odd. You'd have thought the content of the phone call at 5.39 betweeen Nelms and Doncaster would be key...

Yeah, a complete whitewash.  

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

What I can't understand with Dundee fans is their reaction to their owner changing his vote to allow United to be gifted the title. 

Hearts fans would never have accepted our club voting in a way which would have gifted Hibs a league title. 

If Dundee fans are OK with United being gifted the league then they don't have a rivalry worthy of the name. 

The two American owners are possibly carving up a merger as we speak. 🤔

This comment hurts me because it sums up my rage and I can't understand why that feeling wasn't felt elsewhere. 

Anyway it's been a pleasure chatting to you Jambos. Classy bunch as ever. All the best.

Please don't attack me if I get the chance to visit Scotland's best away day on Gorgie Road this season!

19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Correct. the really annoying thing is if you google Gordon Smith and football guess who's face comes up.

One you'd never tire of punching, by any chance?

53 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If we want to wave the Dundee United fans off its Saturday am from Tynecastle to Dundee.......and they walk with official club backing

Dundee United have given their formal backing to two fans who plan to walk from Tynecastle to Tannadice to raise funds for the club’s legal battle.

United had planned to launch their own crowdfunding campaign but they have now thrown their weight behind supporters Paul McNicoll and Andy Crichton, who will walk the 56 mile route on July 18.

As of Thursday afternoon, the pair had already raised raised over £16,000 through GoFundMe.

A United statement read: “As mentioned in our statement on July 6, the club had intended running a crowdfunding campaign to try and raise some funds to support the legal costs involved in this case. 

“However, since then, two of our supporters, Paul McNicoll and Andy Crichton have set up a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to help the club. 

Warriors.....Walter Hill’s 1979 crime drama pits warring gangs against each other in a battle that takes place across the whole of the city .....God speed Paul and Andy.

Randy Marsh
7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

They better be away before 12 or they will be in for an almighty shock 

If those two nerds want to make it to Tannadice on the Saturday evening then  they would need to be at Tynecastle around 9-10pm on the Friday night.  I heard rumours that that the young team like to cause a nuisance and drink cider on the plaza at that time.  

1 minute ago, Wolf said:

Warriors.....Walter Hill’s 1979 crime drama pits warring gangs against each other in a battle that takes place across the whole of the city .....God speed Paul and Andy.

Good One!  I'm guessing the Hobo fans will be the clowns, as I can't remember there being a gang called the methadone addicts

underwaterwoodwelder

Are they not better walking from Tynie to Dundee it would make more scene to finish in their own city.??

tynietigers
2 minutes ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

Are they not better walking from Tynie to Dundee it would make more scene to finish in their own city.??

They are 🤔

Fluorescent Adolescent

I’m not for condoning violence but these twats should be told in no uncertain terms they won’t be beginning **** all from Tynecastle Park.

They can do as they please from Gorgie Rd. 

Enough Hearts fans turn up they won’t be given the attention by the press. They can save that for Tannadump.

This started off as an antagonistic move on their part, I hope we respond in kind.

**** them.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Na, not even close

Gordon Smith?

2 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

I’m not for condoning violence but these twats should be told in no uncertain terms they won’t be beginning **** all from Tynecastle Park.

Enough Hearts fans turn up they won’t be given the attention by the press. They can save that for Tannadump.

This started off as an antagonistic move on their part, I hope we respond in kind.

**** them.

👏

9 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

**** them.

couple of pricks.  The twitter post said all that’s needed about their intellect. And the fact their club has backed them knowing about that tweet says all you need to know about Utd.

Horrendous on all parts

Toxteth O'Grady
2 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Do Hearts fans not realise that we've ****ed ourselves over as well as them?

The only logical reason is to get Dundee Ut d into the top league and then merge the clubs - the Americans are only interested in money 

underwaterwoodwelder
14 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

They are 🤔

I’ll shut my puss then and grab ma coat. 😂 

Spellczech
11 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

**** them.

I don't have a problem with what they are doing. They are just supporting their club. The fact that we regard what they are doing as misguided doesn't really matter... Personally I regard the 3 "promoted" clubs as a bit of an irrelevance now. They lost in the CoS, so it is now just between us and the SPFL Board...They are still maintaining an interest in the case just to do what they've done from the outset, to protect their own interests, ie prevent the SPFL board taking the knife out of our back and sticking it in theirs... DUFC owner or Sporting Director or whoever cast their vote is total chunt, but I cannot fault their fans for wanting SPL football...

These two teuchter tramps must be leaving at the crack of dawn. They'll not be stoating about on Saturday lunchtime in Edinburgh? That would be crazy behaviour. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I don't have a problem with what they are doing. They are just supporting their club. The fact that we regard what they are doing as misguided doesn't really matter... Personally I regard the 3 "promoted" clubs as a bit of an irrelevance now. They lost in the CoS, so it is now just between us and the SPFL Board...They are still maintaining an interest in the case just to do what they've done from the outset, to protect their own interests, ie prevent the SPFL board taking the knife out of our back and sticking it in theirs... DUFC owner or Sporting Director or whoever cast their vote is total chunt, but I cannot fault their fans for wanting SPL football...

And if you think about it, they're really doing the sponsored walk to pay OUR costs when we win the case!!!

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

And if you think about it, they're really doing the sponsored walk to pay OUR costs when we win the case!!!

So they are actually good guys!  I think more clubs should follow suit.

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

34CC6E15-6473-4199-81E9-252010C40630.jpeg

I would hope that EVERY club that wishes to distance itself from DU on this distasteful fundraising plea, will publish a similar statement.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

3 hours ago, credit card said:

That would be perfect if it became a ruling for years to come like a Bosman. Would need to think of an appropriate name for it though. A Budge Nudge? Doncaster Blaster? Jambojagzfekoffredtopragz? 

Beveren Ruling I would have thought, no more, no less

6 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

34CC6E15-6473-4199-81E9-252010C40630.jpeg

Falkirk make a giant leap up the 'good guys' list, which they were already fairly high on anyway.  Fantastic to actually come out and say GTF though, rather than just keep quiet about their intentions.  

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )