SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

5 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Lots of Dees stand with Jambos against Nelms. We stand against Hearts getting relegated. We hate United. We hate Hibs. We hate the Old Firm. We're not the enemy. Good luck.

Thanks DB.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

6 hours ago, RobNox said:

To use an analogy, the situation Scottish football clubs are in could be likened to being shipwrecked on a desert island.

42 people shipwrecked, with no food, and desperate to survive.  One way would be to work together, look to find some food to keep us all alive.  Another way would be to have a vote, and decide we're going to eat 3 of the group, so that the rest of the company can survive.

Having held a vote to decide which 3 members of the group are going to be sacrificed for the greater good of the others, those 3 decide to defend themselves, and they are suddenly denounced as selfish *******s by the majority, because their selfish stand of refusing to being eaten means that some others might starve to death.

Sounds like a plot of a movie maybe that’s what Doncaster is next going to negotiate for...

7 hours ago, RobNox said:

I think things will be progressing in the background Mr S.  It was reckoned it might take about a week to get the panel together then perhaps another week for them to go through the process, (though if Boreland QC is still involved, that could be 3 weeks.)  then perhaps a few days for the panel to determine an outcome.  It's all happening behind closed doors so we have no idea how much progress has been made so far, nothing will be reported as the process takes place.  We'll just have to await the outcome.  Frustrating for sure!

Cheers Rob, I didn’t realise the entire process would be behind closed doors, I thought we’d at least have confirmation that the panel hadn’t been chosen, dates set in stone etc. Ach well, the wait continues then eh 🙄

29 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm rather suspicious of this post and it's intentions. Perhaps my suspicion is just a sad indictment of Scottish football right now rather than remembering Dundee fans holding up "were you crying in 86?" banners at Tynecastle and singing about Albert Kidd. 

Surely, all fans are entitled to ‘mock’ and ‘taunt’ opposition fans appropriately! Dundee fans using 86 is totally appropriate, us using the 5-1 final is totally appropriate. However, Hearts fans singing about the sexual abuse of children at Parkhead is totally inappropriate so we are in no position to take the moral high ground. 

It would have been nice if those Dundee fans put pressure on their Club/Nelms over the weekend when they were getting pressured to change their vote. Saying that they now stand by us against our plight when the horse has bolted isn't worth a jot.

**** them.

Edited by hughesie27

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

Surely, all fans are entitled to ‘mock’ and ‘taunt’ opposition fans appropriately! Dundee fans using 86 is totally appropriate, us using the 5-1 final is totally appropriate. However, Hearts fans singing about the sexual abuse of children at Parkhead is totally inappropriate so we are in no position to take the moral high ground. 

Nothing to do with morality. Just reacting to a post from a Dundee fan saying they hate, United, Hibs and the Old Firm whilst omitting us from the list. Can't say that's my experience of Dundee fan's attitude towards us?

Not sure what Celtic's dark past involving the sexual abuse of children has to do with anything?

Guess The Crowd
7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I was thinking earlier today if there is an argument to be made round play-offs. Declaring teams champions and relegating teams based on the league finishing where it did was done under the view that we treat it like the end of the season. But that doesn't work if you ignore play-offs. You could easily play them again just before the new season is set to start. If that is hard on teams, well tough because other teams have been relegated already.

To me the SPFL showed that they picked and choose which parts of the end of the season they wanted. They were happy with making clubs champions, they were happy with clubs getting automatically relegated and they were happy with teams being automatically promoted, but they then decided play-offs which can result in relegation and promotion dont count. None of the board were from teams that would be automatically relegated, three were from teams sitting in the position of play-offs where if they lost they would be relegated. Only one board member was from a team who could get promoted through the play-off.

To me that has always been the most corrupt part (with Motherwell who finished third because the season ended having won only 1 game in 8 and 2 points ahead of Aberdeen.) To me that while it most challegning you cant allow automatic relegation and no play-off, and 3/4 teams who were in the relegation play-off position in the SPFL on the board and deciding that play-offs are cancelled is disgraceful.

I’ve said that from day one.

On a related point, while much attention was given to the fact that Brechin (represented on SPFL board) avoided a play-off, a much greater scandal - given the money involved- was that Hamilton (represented on SPFL board)  avoided a play-off. The rules were blatantly changed to keep the bit which demotes Hearts yet ditches this bit.

Having said that, this aspect is specifically covered in Hearts petition, is it not? 

1 minute ago, pablo said:

Nothing to do with morality. Just reacting to a post from a Dundee fan saying they hate, United, Hibs and the Old Firm whilst omitting us from the list. Can't say that's my experience of Dundee fan's attitude towards us?

Not sure what Celtic's dark past involving the sexual abuse of children has to do with anything?

You implied (by using it) that Dundee fans mocking us causes you some angst. Why?

GorgieRules22

We have a Dundee fan come on and tell us there not the enemy etc but it was their club that was badgered into changing the vote that has lead us into the situation we face now. When John Nelms made that decision I never seen any argument from Dundee fans immediately afterwards, infact the forums I read they backed him and thought he had played a blinder.

We stand shoulder to shoulder with Partick Thistle on this one....Falkirk, Inverness, Stranraer and the pyramid clubs are the only others who have our backs.

I never liked Dundee before all of this and I dislike them even more now, I’ll never spend a penny in that stadium watching Hearts and I hope every Hearts fan feels this way.

I hope Dundee have a lot of misery in the coming years.

17 hours ago, cjambo1993 said:

You have to laugh at the irony of Utd paying a wedge for compensation for a manager at the beginning of the week and are now out with the begging bowl asking league 1 clubs for a grand each. 🤣

Shameless

Edit: and league 2 clubs ffs 🤣🤣

Begging bowl 🤣

Did your team not put it’s bank details on its own website? 😅😅

Pipe down.

Edited by DUFCFan

Despite it not fitting the narrative some people drive, not all Dundee Utd, Raith or Cove fans will be happy or supportive of what has happened! My postie is a Raith fan and thinks that what has happened should not have because it was/is unfair. 

Edited by bobskeldon

Unknown user
1 minute ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Does your team not have it’s bank details on its own website?

Pipe down.

Em you pipe the **** down, you're on a Hearts site mate.

Those details are there because we kept asking how best to contribute, it's the opposite of a begging bowl.

GorgieRules22
Just now, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Does your team not have it’s bank details on its own website?

Pipe down.

Don’t waste time on here mate, your better baking a cake or doing a sponsored walk.

Our support brings in 138k a month and have sold double the amount of season tickets your mob has not knowing what division we’re even in.

You pipe down daftie.

Biffa Bacon
9 hours ago, graygo said:

What?

They just got knocked down from 6th place to 21st. 😁

Another case for the Court of Session for Falkirk perhaps 😄

4 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Pipe down.

Your mob are asking other clubs for money ffs 🤣 begging bowl is well and truly out.

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Pipe down.

Hahahaha,what an *****.

Half 7 in the morning (I would say before you go to work but you've no got a job)What will i do.?

Go on a Heart of Midlothian fans forum.

6 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Pipe down.

Asking all the other clubs, including the lower leagues to help you out FFS.....😂

6 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Lots of Dees stand with Jambos against Nelms. We stand against Hearts getting relegated. We hate United. We hate Hibs. We hate the Old Firm. We're not the enemy. Good luck.

Well said

Gordon Ramsay
9 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Pipe down.

That's cause our fans asked how we could contribute where as yours have done **** all apart from 2 tits doing their daft walk. 

DUFC are a total embarrassment. 

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Pipe down.

For Usupers Clearly Know Our Foreign Fields!

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Dundee Utd have given me an idea.  We run a small business here and during the lockdown we had no customers.

Could JKB members all send me 10 quid to make up the shortfall?

Aye, and after splashing out on a LADA.

Unknown user

Hang on, the boy's hibs and he's on a noise up isn't he?

Would a United fan know or care that we have the bank details on the site then come on here, advertise what he is and start ripping the pish?

Hibs AF, I'm calling it.

The Mighty Thor

We should have a zero tolerance policy on interloping trolls from diddy clubs.

On that basis the peh muncher should be launched forthwith. 

Biffa Bacon
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is just too much now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Scottish football is just a massive pagger in the Meadows now. With the SPFL starting it by calling someone's girlfriend ugly then running away and hiding behind a tree.

Sums up the whole sorry event🤣

AlphonseCapone
42 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Pipe down.

:rofl: got to be Hibs, surely no united twat is sad enough to sign up to a Hearts forum and post this pish at 7.30 in the morning. Absolute scaff either way 🤣

Edited by AlphonseCapone

gashauskis9
47 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Pipe down.

I think you’ve missed the point here.  Big difference between asking the public and asking the clubs you’re supposed to be competing with. 

In fairness, taking my maroon blinkers off, I think it’s a farce that the SPFL are expecting United, Raith and Cove to foot the bill for the SPFL’s defence.  It should be the SPFL asking all the clubs for the money, not just those three.

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Don’t really agree. That particular incident benefitted Celtic, over a smaller club. They are essentially celebrating Celtic winning the title instead of Hearts. If Hearts supporters cost beat Dundee, and as a result Celtic won the title, I’d be pretty far from happy about it, and I’d not be rubbing their noses in it.

56 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Pipe down.

Four years in the bush leagues and £4m in the red to get out. Hopefully your begging bowl is a sign of impending death. Personally hope you skip the administration part and head straight in to the blender. 

47 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Pipe down.

Before we address the topic at hand, firstly, let me just say that it takes a certain type of individual to access a rival clubs forum and get so wound up as to tell supporters of that rival club to “pipe down”. At half past 7 in the morning no less. 

Very weird and disturbing behaviour. 

As for Dundee Utd’s rather enormous begging bowl. Well, it’s really no shock to me that a club who’s salary obligations are 133% of its turnover is now in the shit and begging fellow clubs across the land for cash. 

Ultimately, your club has spent way beyond its means trying for FOUR years to get out of the lower leagues and is now absolutely bricking it that they’ll have to spend a FIFTH year down there. It would be “ruinous”.

So in my humble opinion, there is only one side of this sorry affair out on the street with a plastic cup. It’s a good job our generous benefactor chucked you all £50k each... 😉

Bet you wish you had voted up reconstruction now you utter toilet seat. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, pablo said:

I'm rather suspicious of this post and it's intentions. Perhaps my suspicion is just a sad indictment of Scottish football right now rather than remembering Dundee fans holding up "were you crying in 86?" banners at Tynecastle and singing about Albert Kidd. 

Me an all. I’m getting a bit Mozambique of the other teams fans coming on and sucking up on here and probably laughing up their sleeve.  Dundee fans love the Albert Kidd legacy. . 
They can get right to ****. 

Edited by jack D and coke

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Don’t really agree. That particular incident benefitted Celtic, over a smaller club. They are essentially celebrating Celtic winning the title instead of Hearts. If Hearts supporters cost beat Dundee, and as a result Celtic won the title, I’d be pretty far from happy about it, and I’d not be rubbing their noses in it.

It’s a long, long time since Dundee had something to shout about that they themselves won so I suppose it is understandable that any ‘significant’ victory is celebrated!

11 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I think you’ve missed the point here.  Big difference between asking the public and asking the clubs you’re supposed to be competing with. 

In fairness, taking my maroon blinkers off, I think it’s a farce that the SPFL are expecting United, Raith and Cove to foot the bill for the SPFL’s defence.  It should be the SPFL asking all the clubs for the money, not just those three.

The picture being portrayed is not the reality. As someone pointed out earlier, it's another stab at clubs v clubs with the SPFL Board in their natural place, in the shadows being prodded by Lawwell.

Edited by Riccarton3

Just now, bobskeldon said:

It’s a long, long time since Dundee had something to shout about that they themselves won so I suppose it is understandable that any ‘significant’ victory is celebrated!

That is true. Just don’t think it’s comparable to us slagging Hibs about the 5-1. That was about us hammering a rival within an inch of their lives. Dundee are celebrating their part in Celtic winning the title.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The picture being portrayed is not the reality. As someone pointed out earlier, it's another stab at clubs v clubs with the SPFL Board in their natural place, in the shadows being prodded by Lawwell. Last attempt was initiated by the Board, this time the clubs.

:spoton:

Geoff Kilpatrick

This has been quite the week for interlopers. They seem upset that we won't "take our medicine".

12 hours ago, Darkblue said:

Sadly Gordon Smith is just a name to me.

David Winnie, Nipper Lawrence, David Witteveen. Those are the guys who made me fall in love with the sport.

2 hours ago, pablo said:

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Me an all. I’m getting a bit Mozambique of the other teams fans coming on and sucking up on here and probably laughing up their sleeve.  Dundee fans love the Albert Kidd legacy. . 

Well, aye. I’d say suspicions are wholly justified. The only thing David Witteveen would make me fall in love with would be copious volumes of alcohol and ****ing Star Sailor.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That is true. Just don’t think it’s comparable to us slagging Hibs about the 5-1. That was about us hammering a rival within an inch of their lives. Dundee are celebrating their part in Celtic winning the title.

I disagree, I don’t think that Dundee fans are celebrating Celtic winning but simply us losing and losing in such a dramatic manner! 

7 hours ago, RobNox said:

To use an analogy, the situation Scottish football clubs are in could be likened to being shipwrecked on a desert island.

42 people shipwrecked, with no food, and desperate to survive.  One way would be to work together, look to find some food to keep us all alive.  Another way would be to have a vote, and decide we're going to eat 3 of the group, so that the rest of the company can survive.

Having held a vote to decide which 3 members of the group are going to be sacrificed for the greater good of the others, those 3 decide to defend themselves, and they are suddenly denounced as selfish *******s by the majority, because their selfish stand of refusing to being eaten means that some others might starve to death.

This sums it up nicely and is the reason why so many of us are dumbstruck, bamboozled, gobsmacked, incredulous, puzzled, stunned and totally disbelieving of how Scottish football is behaving.  

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, pablo said:

And yet Hearts fans showed their class and concern for the overall well being of clubs in Scotland, apart from the obvious 3 of Rangers, Celtic and Hibs, during one of Dundee’s administration events.

We played up at Dens, on a midweek night, not that long after the hellish day, when Dundee were in administration and needing cash to survive. Bucket collections were being held by Dundee fans, in the Hearts end. I thought there would be no chance of that working out, but our fans embraced it and many of us put cash in those buckets. 
We, of course, got support from some other clubs during our administration. Just crowing from the green 2, which was expected.

What the hell has happened to Scottish football since? The make up of the SPFL board and officials probably answers that one. Goodness knows what they’re up to, but it’s not for the collective good of Scottish football.

pettigrewsstylist

Nobody cares, they are like savages grabbing the bones. We need to look after ourselves.

The SFA preside over this nonsense. Not a surprise they have ruined our national game. They wont stand up against the OF behaviour, because they are the OF, or muppets grabbing their shilling.

Its actually a national scandal and shoud be addressed by Scottish Government for the good of the people.

Dismantle totally and start again.

I disagree, I don’t think that Dundee fans are celebrating Celtic winning but simply us losing and losing in such a dramatic manner! 

The two things are infinitely linked though. Fair enough if another non-OF team won the title that day, or Dundee themselves finished above us. Is not winning the title heralded in the 34 years of Old Firm complete domination of the title that we are all still Sleeping our way through to this day. Quite why is not delaying that for another season is worth celebrating is frankly beyond me.

The Future's Maroon
29 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Four years in the bush leagues and £4m in the red to get out. Hopefully your begging bowl is a sign of impending death. Personally hope you skip the administration part and head straight in to the blender. 

👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The two things are infinitely linked though. Fair enough if another non-OF team won the title that day, or Dundee themselves finished above us. Is not winning the title heralded in the 34 years of Old Firm complete domination of the title that we are all still Sleeping our way through to this day. Quite why is not delaying that for another season is worth celebrating is frankly beyond me.

Just to conclude, Dundee fans singing about 86 does not inform my thoughts on Dundee as a club generally, Dundee as a club during this fiasco or ordinary Dundee fans. 

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

And yet Hearts fans showed their class and concern for the overall well being of clubs in Scotland, apart from the obvious 3 of Rangers, Celtic and Hibs, during one of Dundee’s administration events.

We played up at Dens, on a midweek night, not that long after the hellish day, when Dundee were in administration and needing cash to survive. Bucket collections were being held by Dundee fans, in the Hearts end. I thought there would be no chance of that working out, but our fans embraced it and many of us put cash in those buckets. 
We, of course, got support from some other clubs during our administration. Just crowing from the green 2, which was expected.

What the hell has happened to Scottish football since? The make up of the SPFL board and officials probably answers that one. Goodness knows what they’re up to, but it’s not for the collective good of Scottish football.

It’s Stockholm syndrome. The smaller clubs are scared of a reality where the nice safe OF domination no longer exists. They’ve been conditioned to hate each other more than the two clubs who manipulate, parasitise, and destroy Scottish Football. 

Here’s a question. How is Lawwell a shoo in for a place on the board, and how does this ‘turn about’ nonsense with Rangers happen? They need votes on to the board, right? So how are they able to guarantee that every time? Who just submissively votes them on each time?

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Me an all. I’m getting a bit Mozambique of the other teams fans coming on and sucking up on here and probably laughing up their sleeve.  

Quite right! 

Mods - get them tae ****! 

p.s. Mozambique doesn't rhyme with sick 😉

Just to conclude, Dundee fans singing about 86 does not inform my thoughts on Dundee as a club generally, Dundee as a club during this fiasco or ordinary Dundee fans. 

Popped over to their forum a few weeks back. Let’s just day they were lapping it up. I posted a few screenshots earlier in the thread. Arseholes.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )