SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

15 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

The guy I spoke to was a former chief executive and he was horrified.

Trouble is we live in a dilapidated 19th century stadium owned by an Arab (thanks to a previous administration). We have a very rich and very absent Texan owner called Tim Keyes who has effectively kept us alive for the last 6 years. Nelms is his pal (also from Texas) and he runs the show.

Nelms doesn't really understand Scottish football all that well and doesn't have anyone here that he listens to.

Dundee fans can attack him but ultimately we want to have a team to support and without the Americans we will probably go the same way as Third Lanark.

Reading that, I would worry about what Nelms and the DU owner have planned for the future of football in Dundee.

Edit: I didn't mean Nelms, I meant the owner wtf that is.

Edited by graygo

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

brunoatemyhamster
9 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

We're just focused on keeping our club alive. 

There is no alternative to Nelms at this time so we're trying to make the best of things.

You could always merge with United and sell your stadium before you both move to Camperdown. 

Kind of thing American owners like to do. 

Voting for The Arabs to be handed the title would have had my alarm bells ringing. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

On the contrary, I think this is the best opportunity you will ever have to get rid of Nelms... Supporters group should write to the owner in Texas IMO - I'll bet he is not getting the true picture (from Nelms or the Scottish media)

Huge error of judgement by Nelms and Dundee fans should be raging and getting right into him on social media and press.

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

On the contrary, I think this is the best opportunity you will ever have to get rid of Nelms... Supporters group should write to the owner in Texas IMO - I'll bet he is not getting the true picture (from Nelms or the Scottish media)

Nelms is the one and only trusted lieutenant. If Nelms is forced out I imagine that Keyes would end his interest in the club and leave us (again) facing the nightmare of being a fan run club, which would probably mean going part-time at best or more likely admin and liquidation.

Brave Hearts
3 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

There is no alternative to Nelms at this time so we're trying to make the best of things.

So no one has given feedback to the dundee board through forums such as fans associations on how disgusting and angry dundee fans are at your board's actions in your 2 votes that were fundamental in causing this fiasco in scottish football.

Plus all the rhetoric about wanting reconstruction then voting against it.

that is why your club dundee have zero respect and tolerance by hearts fans.

your fans might have not done it, but your club did

colinmaroon
30 minutes ago, Jambo Mac said:

The pleasing aspect of this situation of crowdfunding, sponsored walks and now alleged support form all 12 current premiership clubs is that Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Partick Thistle have kept a dignified silence since their joint statement last Friday.No doubt the gutter press have tried to obtain interviews quotes etc. but have been told vacate the vicinity.I would have said Fxxk Off but we are too good for that.

I believe this has all been orchestrated, no doubt with  a great deal of assistance from  the SPFL to stir up mass hysteriatring to convince everybody that it is a club v club case and  to try and cause further delay to the Arbitration hearing, hoping that the nearer to 1st August it gets the more favourable decision they will achieve.Rightly so, details of the hearing have been kept to almost zero by both sides regarding  the choosing of the panel/chairman, retrieval of documents and likely start date.

Only vague statements like 'we hope to start next week' have been offered  by the C3. Only the legal teams of both sides know the real situation .If anything should be leaked I think we all know where it would come from.

It reminds me of a story I read as a kid, describing the panic of rats on a sinking ship.

kingantti1874

Dark blue seems like a decent poster so let’s give him a bit of slack, there are plenty of fans out there who agree with our position even though it’s contradictory to the stance their club has taken.

reality is - they will be caught in the cross fire regardless 

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, Darkblue said:

Anyway, the reason I came on here today is to ask if there is a way Dees can donate to the Hearts legal fund?

There is no legal fund for Hearts

The line from Hearts was something like “ You’ve been there for us now let us do this for you”.

Kind offer though. Suggest a donation to Stranraer on 

https://donateaticket.com/donate/stranraer/

They have been forgotten in all of this.

Edited by The Wrinkly Ninja
****ed up the link

Spellczech
5 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Nelms is the one and only trusted lieutenant. If Nelms is forced out I imagine that Keyes would end his interest in the club and leave us (again) facing the nightmare of being a fan run club, which would probably mean going part-time at best or more likely admin and liquidation.

I suspect only Nelms would tell you that. He is an employee and if he is doing a poor job, he'll be moved, just as happens in every business all over the World. Texans I'e worked with are not particularly patient with people underperforming...In fact only Russians are less patient!

The Rangers dossier as attached a few pages earlier ought to be all the ammo needed for showing your owner trying to do side deals and getting rebuffed by Partick and Stranraer.

Edited by Spellczech

hibsarepants
9 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Unlike some bams - I appreciate your comments. Your request to support our case financially , I would suggest Dee fans look to pool their own cash and find a way like the Foundation of Hearts  did to buy their club. You made some comments about Mrs Budge - what I would say is that having spent some time in her company - she has very female standards of morality - I know that's fairly obvious. So does Jacqui Lowe , whose company I have also been in.  What they see is wrong -  is wrong and it is. Finally I would say to the SPFL and the fun boy 3 is that hell have no fury like a women scorned. In this case you have 2 of them and they aint going to back down till a wrong is righted. 

Fluorescent Adolescent

Sorry for the late reply.

I've been informed by a former Dundee director that Nelms is effectively a dictator at Dens. There are no other directors with any influence, and the fans do not have a look-in. He hates the DFCSS, our most prominent fans' group, so no we do not have an opportunity to let him know when we are unhappy.

One of the most most hated figures among Dundee fans is Billy Dodds. Dodds had already been offered the assistant's job by the time it reached Nelms that Dundee fans were furious.

Dees are grateful that our American investors are paying our bills but we have next to no input on decision-making. 

I can assure you that 99% of Dees were against the Nelms U-turn but we were powerless to stop it.

Anyway, the reason I came on here today is to ask if there is a way Dees can donate to the Hearts legal fund?

It’s our battle, a battle we took on knowing the likely costs. Give your club the money. It sounds like they need it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

I am ****ing raging about it. Nelms said he was focused solely on the best interests of Scottish football but he switched his vote to unfairly relegate Hearts, Partick and Stranraer while promoting Dundee United and giving up the promotion chances through the play-offs!

Do Hearts fans not realise that we've ****ed ourselves over as well as them?

Rather than bore us, you should be making sure Nelms turns Queens evidence by applying some pressure 

2 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

So no one has given feedback to the dundee board through forums such as fans associations on how disgusting and angry dundee fans are at your board's actions in your 2 votes that were fundamental in causing this fiasco in scottish football.

Plus all the rhetoric about wanting reconstruction then voting against it.

that is why your club dundee have zero respect and tolerance by hearts fans.

your fans might have not done it, but your club did

Nelms is totally isolated. He has minimal knowledge of Scottish football, nobody offering relevant advice, and no interaction with fans and the media. That is how he comes to the extraordinary decision to appear McIntyre and Dodds as the new management team while being blissfully aware that the fans are seething.

There was no way we could stop that U-turn. All we could do was vent online and pray. Once the decision was made there was no going back so we had to suck it up.

Mercer and Romanov don't define Hearts to me. If you want to judge DFC based solely on the characters who temporarily hold power at Dens that's your decision.

Dallas Green
4 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Why are your club in such a poor state?

I thought after the second administration and the supporters society taking control (?) you would probably have known better than selling up to an American. 

5277 average attendance last season is higher than Hamilton, Livi, Ross County & St Johnstone and just a few hundred lower than St Mirren, Motherwell and Killie.

Yet seem to be in a lot more financial trouble despite coming out of the second admin with no debt other than football.

4 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

rumour has it that Bob Geldof is setting up a Calpol 3-Aid benefit concert 😉

slimy basteds

Hopefully he does a Bono. 

“Every time I click my fingers a Scottish club dies”

Ann: “Keep on clicking!”

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

ND seems to want the best of both worlds. He's always saying he's just there to do what the clubs want, but I don't remember all clubs deciding on the resolution and timing of it before it was put to a vote.

He can't be the admin assistant and the CEO at the same time. 

I wouldn't employ him as the tea boy, he'd invariably get the order mixed up.

He also looks like an ugly guy that failed the audition for Take That back in the day, and hasn't bothered restyling his hair.

husref musemic
31 minutes ago, martoon said:

...to the end of Gorgie Road?

It is quite a long gauntle...eh, walk. 

can folk not get the buckets of ice water on the go. a soaking every two hundred yards or so 😂

bobskeldon

Poor attitude. One person representing our football club made a horrible decision. It's actually been 2-3 years for horrific mistakes from him. That shouldn't tarnish those of us in the stands.

Ann Budge has made some embarrassing decisions these last few months. That doesn't make me think "**** all Jambos".

It wasn’t you that voted mate so don’t take the abuse personally. Some folk on here have forgot what it is like to be a fan of a club who have an owner who makes bad decisions. In saying that, I won’t be visiting Dens again anytime soon.

Birregrande
1 hour ago, Flimsy said:

All that the four title winners, or even just one of them, had to do at any point in the last three months was to release a statement saying something like-

'We are delighted to have been awarded the league title following the decision that the season could not be completed. However, we recognise that many of our fellow clubs have not been so fortunate and will have lost the opportunity to achieve promotion or avoid relegation by not being able to complete their fixtures. We endorse league reconstruction so that as many clubs as possible are not disadvantaged during this crisis. We urge all other clubs to support this, so that Scottish football can move forward together and come out the other side with all SPFL clubs intact.'

Unfortunately they are all a bunch of cxxxs. Hell mend them.

Tremendous Flimsy.  I'm still so surprised and disgusted about, 1. the selfishness of all the clubs, and 2.  the utter lack of intelligence in Scottish football. It's staggering. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Oh indeed - but nothing wrong surely in Ann pointing out to him whats going on here. Then it's up to him, as you say.👍

He is not a stupid man. I think he is more than well aware of what is going on.

8 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Why are your club in such a poor state?

I thought after the second administration and the supporters society taking control (?) you would probably have known better than selling up to an American. 

5277 average attendance last season is higher than Hamilton, Livi, Ross County & St Johnstone and just a few hundred lower than St Mirren, Motherwell and Killie.

Yet seem to be in a lot more financial trouble despite coming out of the second admin with no debt other than football.

Reasons why we're always in trouble. Off the top of my head...

I think we spend between £200k to £300k a year on keeping the ground open because of repairs.

We've got a superiority complex among our support based on success in the 50s and 60s meaning the fans are never happy. This discontent explodes when we have fans in the boardroom.

Our players rarely live up to the expectations and the likes of Livi, ICT and Accies thrive against our under pressure players. This is made worse by the design of our ground which separates the home ends.

It just seems to be in our nature to squander money on big squads and crap players.

Since the 50s and 60s we can attract a full house for big games but the fans simply don't turn up for matches against dross.

8 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

It wasn’t you that voted mate so don’t take the abuse personally. Some folk on here have forgot what it is like to be a fan of a club who have an owner who makes bad decisions. In saying that, I won’t be visiting Dens again anytime soon.

Thanks mate. Nobody has been abusive so no offence taken. I don't blame you for making that decision. I'd probably do the same. Football is an emotional game and when someone hurts your team there's going to be a negative reaction.

Edited by Darkblue

Can we not use this thread to discuss the ins and outs of Dundee, utterly irrelevant.  Couldn’t give a toss about Dundee and it’s wasting this thread. 

18 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Do we have an arbitration panel yet? Genuinely?

No, didn’t think so....

So, anyway?

No, didn’t think so as discussed by me previously....

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Can we not use this thread to discuss the ins and outs of Dundee, utterly irrelevant.  Couldn’t give a toss about Dundee and it’s wasting this thread. 

Fair enough.

Who's the best player you got from Dundee? Neil McCann? Tosh McKinlay?

Paris 1984
Just now, Dazo said:

I agree.  Did they vote for or against reconstruction? Even though it was their best chance of getting to the premiership. A couple of minutes on their fans forum was enough for me after the original vote; “Nelms has played a blinder”. 

Fuds. 

Dallas Green
4 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Reasons why we're always in trouble. Off the top of my head...

I think we spend between £200k to £300k a year on keeping the ground open because of repairs.

We've got a superiority complex among our support based on success in the 50s and 60s meaning the fans are never happy. This discontent explodes when we have fans in the boardroom.

Our players rarely live up to the expectations and the likes of Livi, ICT and Accies thrive against our under pressure players. This is made worse by the design of our ground which separates the home ends.

It just seems to be in our nature to squander money on big squads and crap players.

Since the 50s and 60s we can attract a full house for big games but the fans simply don't turn up for matches against dross.

Can't see much of a future for your club tbh.

Only 10% percent of season ticket bought from last years amount. Doubt you will see many of us there either. Tough times.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The Rangers/Hearts/Inverness proposal was always going to be blocked. The SPFL board were determined to end the leagues in the manner they had decided, despite their own QC providing legal advice that it would be open to legal challenge.

I agree, it has become clear that It was a fait accompli.

There was no alternative option put to clubs, the vote to end the season was tied to the release of funds, when there was no need to do this. 

The SPFL ruled out voiding the league as financial liabilities would occur, but failed to inform the clubs of the potential liabilities arising from calling the league early.

They stressed the importance of starting the new season by 1st August otherwise we could face financial liabilities over the new TV deal, but seemingly made no attempt to explore with Sky whether some accommodation was available in the event of a delay, in the middle of a pandemic.

They then allowed one club to reverse it's vote after the SPFL's deadline had passed.

The more you piece this together, the more it becomes impossible to believe that the SPFL could be seen to be acting in utmost good faith towards it's members.  It looks more like utmost bad faith.

However this sorry mess ends, I fail to see how ND can retain the confidence of the clubs, although he does appear to be Mr Teflon, so I wouldn't be surprised if he spins his way out of this shit storm of his making.

2 minutes ago, Paris 1984 said:

I agree.  Did they vote for or against reconstruction? Even though it was their best chance of getting to the premiership. A couple of minutes on their fans forum was enough for me after the original vote; “Nelms has played a blinder”. 

Fuds. 

One poster said that. It was laughable, and I pulled him up for it when, as expected, it turned out that Nelms had been mugged off.

If we want to wave the Dundee United fans off its Saturday am from Tynecastle to Dundee.......and they walk with official club backing

Dundee United have given their formal backing to two fans who plan to walk from Tynecastle to Tannadice to raise funds for the club’s legal battle.

United had planned to launch their own crowdfunding campaign but they have now thrown their weight behind supporters Paul McNicoll and Andy Crichton, who will walk the 56 mile route on July 18.

As of Thursday afternoon, the pair had already raised raised over £16,000 through GoFundMe.

A United statement read: “As mentioned in our statement on July 6, the club had intended running a crowdfunding campaign to try and raise some funds to support the legal costs involved in this case. 

“However, since then, two of our supporters, Paul McNicoll and Andy Crichton have set up a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to help the club. 

6 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Fair enough.

Craig wighton 

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

If we want to wave the Dundee United fans off its Saturday am from Tynecastle to Dundee.......and they walk with official club backing

Dundee United have given their formal backing to two fans who plan to walk from Tynecastle to Tannadice to raise funds for the club’s legal battle.

United had planned to launch their own crowdfunding campaign but they have now thrown their weight behind supporters Paul McNicoll and Andy Crichton, who will walk the 56 mile route on July 18.

As of Thursday afternoon, the pair had already raised raised over £16,000 through GoFundMe.

A United statement read: “As mentioned in our statement on July 6, the club had intended running a crowdfunding campaign to try and raise some funds to support the legal costs involved in this case. 

“However, since then, two of our supporters, Paul McNicoll and Andy Crichton have set up a GoFundMe campaign to raise money to help the club. 

In other words “we intended to do a crowd funding appeal ourselves but knew we’d get feck all as no fecker feels we are in need when we are paying compensation for our new manager”

3 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

One poster said that. It was laughable, and I pulled him up for it when, as expected, it turned out that Nelms had been mugged off.

Did you vote for reconstruction?

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Can't see much of a future for your club tbh.

Only 10% percent of season ticket bought from last years amount. Doubt you will see many of us there either. Tough times.

It's the middle of a pandemic. Our season is 3 months away. We're in a small, poor city. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that figure.

The support that Hearts fans give their club is astonishing. I'm jealous. Our fans do what they can. We'll always sell more tickets than Accies and Livi. I f we can make better decisions then I don't see why can't prosper.

The Wrinkly Ninja
5 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Fair enough.

That’s a tough call. Nothing between them.

Tosh was a cracking player but McCann was in the side in 98 which the best football weekend of my life...

Had as a few cracking players from Dundee. Those two plus Jim Hamilton and Stevie Frail stand out.

10 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Fair enough.

Carry on , bud.

No issues here.

Dundee are directly relevant to the conversation. 

Anyone who's unhappy can hit the "ignore" button. 

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Let's not forget that those arab *******s fought tooth and nail for reconstruction and then suddenly voted against it the minute we promoted them. 

1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

That’s a tough call. Nothing between them.

Tosh was a cracking player but McCann was in the side in 98 which the best football weekend of my life...

Had as a few cracking players from Dundee. Those two plus Jim Hamilton and Stevie Frail stand out.

Three really good players and one, huddy. No good player ends up with as many clubs as Jim Hamilton. Here’s a question for anyone interested, did a Jim Hamilton ever get an offer of a contract extension with any club? If he did, it was only with us. 

upgotheheads
27 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Thanks mate. Nobody has been abusive so no offence taken. I don't blame you for making that decision. I'd probably do the same. Football is an emotional game and when someone hurts your team there's going to be a negative reaction.

Who's the best player you got from us?

Clue: he came to you from Hearts

Edited by upgotheheads

44 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Dark blue seems like a decent poster so let’s give him a bit of slack, there are plenty of fans out there who agree with our position even though it’s contradictory to the stance their club has taken.

reality is - they will be caught in the cross fire regardless 

Agree with this. /\

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Hey DARKBLUE, if you want to contribute to the cause then get some fans to arrange a crowd funded walk from Dens to Tynecastle to donate the cash to Stranraer allowing them to be involved in the process. 

I'm sure they would get a rousing welcome upon arrival (probably better than the two bitter Muppets who are doing the reverse will get upon departure). Even advertise it towards all Scottish clubs asking for help to support the one club in all this who can't financially afford to be heard. 

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

It was up to you when you hid things in the drawer, we all make mistakes just live with it 

Sorry but what are you on about ?..maybe you have replied to the wrong post, but if not your post is just nonsense with no idea what you are talking about

Maybe it will make sense to some drunk guy

7 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

It's the middle of a pandemic. Our season is 3 months away. We're in a small, poor city. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that figure.

The support that Hearts fans give their club is astonishing. I'm jealous. Our fans do what they can. We'll always sell more tickets than Accies and Livi. I f we can make better decisions then I don't see why can't prosper.

From the outside a merger looks the obvious solution . 

Could have a pretty decent fan base and financial footing with only one team in the city . 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

From the outside a merger looks the obvious solution . 

Could have a pretty decent fan base and financial footing with only one team in the city . 

No chance.Crowds at both clubs are poor.

Merging is just going to make things worse.

Irrelevant to a big club like Hearts I suppose yeah. They're my team though and I don't want to support Barcelona, Man Utd or Celtic.

Thanks for coming on the forum Darkblue, as others have said you may need the hard hat on however it’s great to have your input .

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Who's the best player you got from us?

Going back to when I was a kid Cammy Fraser was an incredible signing from Hearts. More recently Berra transformed our team last season and set us up nicely for promotion (before Nelms decided that the play-offs weren't worth talking about when the pandemic hit).

I thought Colin Cameron was fantastic at Hearts but his legs had gone by the time he came to Dens.

Craig Beattie and John Sutton were both good for us and they played for the Jambos at some point in their careers.

1 hour ago, Rattatooi said:

Am I right in thinking that the disclosed documents will include the “remit” requested by the SPFL for Deloitte (or whoever it was) to conduct the enquiry into the vote?

We don't know what documents have been requested, but I'd be astonished if we haven't asked for all available documentation relating to this review..  All we were told was that Deloitte undertook a review and everything was hunky dory. 

Who took the decision to commission the review, ND or the SPFL Board?

Why were clubs not advised of this decision?

What were the terms of reference of the review, what was in scope, and more importantly, what was out of scope?  In the Rangers dossier, they claim that the scope of the review was narrow.

What were the full findings of the review?  Did Deloitte make any qualifying statements?

I suspect this review will be seen to have been a complete fudge, in an attempt to dissuade the clubs from voting for an independent investigation.  

upgotheheads
Just now, Darkblue said:

Going back to when I was a kid Cammy Fraser was an incredible signing from Hearts. More recently Berra transformed our team last season and set us up nicely for promotion (before Nelms decided that the play-offs weren't worth talking about when the pandemic hit).

I thought Colin Cameron was fantastic at Hearts but his legs had gone by the time he came to Dens.

Craig Beattie and John Sutton were both good for us and they played for the Jambos at some point in their careers.

Na, not even close

John Findlay

Dundee clubs dont need to merge but knock down both Dens Park and Tannadice and build a 20,000 capacity max new stadium and ground share.

Edited by John Findlay

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )