SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

So Dundee United think it’s a good idea for a couple of their fans to turn up at Tynecastle to raise money against Hearts.

I think we should get the Police involved to advise that this is foolish and inflammatory.

This is my thoughts. I know the press etc would play on it but the anger this whole charade against us the trio (not terrible) is absolutely galling. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

It's now a crucial point of principle for me.    We need to achieve some kind of clear win and cause severe distress and embarrassment to the rest.    We need to exit this with full justification intact.    They need to discover they have failed to act reasonably and discover the price of their self interest.

Losing this fight is no longer an option.    Saying we lost but had to fight the fight is nowhere near enough to satisfy what we need to see from it.   Our enemies will take way,  way too much out of a negative result towards us.    

Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, Darkblue said:

Sorry for the late reply.

I've been informed by a former Dundee director that Nelms is effectively a dictator at Dens. There are no other directors with any influence, and the fans do not have a look-in. He hates the DFCSS, our most prominent fans' group, so no we do not have an opportunity to let him know when we are unhappy.

One of the most most hated figures among Dundee fans is Billy Dodds. Dodds had already been offered the assistant's job by the time it reached Nelms that Dundee fans were furious.

Dees are grateful that our American investors are paying our bills but we have next to no input on decision-making. 

I can assure you that 99% of Dees were against the Nelms U-turn but we were powerless to stop it.

Anyway, the reason I came on here today is to ask if there is a way Dees can donate to the Hearts legal fund?

I think we are sorted mate. Unfortunately I think the dye is cast in how many Hearts fans view Dundee - the football club - now. Your only interaction with Hearts fans will be on the internet. I can’t see many at all being at Dens anytime soon. You can thank Nelms for that.

Incidentally, I wouldn’t be to grateful to your American investors for paying your bills.  From the noises being made by Nelms they don’t seem that keen to stump up now.

10 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

I've been informed by a former Dundee director that Nelms is effectively a dictator at Dens. There are no other directors with any influence, and the fans do not have a look-in. He hates the DFCSS, our most prominent fans' group, so no we do not have an opportunity to let him know when we are unhappy.

One of the most most hated figures among Dundee fans is Billy Dodds. Dodds had already been offered the assistant's job by the time it reached Nelms that Dundee fans were furious.

Dees are grateful that our American investors are paying our bills but we have next to no input on decision-making. 

I can assure you that 99% of Dees were against the Nelms U-turn but we were powerless to stop it.

Anyway, the reason I came on here today is to ask if there is a way Dees can donate to the Hearts legal fund?

Nae need, we're minted. 😁

WorldChampions1902
11 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Our benefactor is picking up our legal bill. Even if there was no such kind gesture, Hearts fans have ramped up their FOH pledges to record levels, so we would have covered it there.

This story is taking more twists and turns than a Curly Wurly!

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think we are sorted mate. Unfortunately I think the dye is cast in how many Hearts fans view Dundee - the football club - now. Your only interaction with Hearts fans will be on the internet. I can’t see many at all being at Dens anytime soon. You can thank Nelms for that.

Incidentally, I wouldn’t be to grateful to your American investors for paying your bills.  From the noises being made by Nelms they don’t seem that keen to stump up now.

Maybe because of my experience with Nelms I separate Budge from Hearts. If Jambos want to direct their animosity towards all things Dundee then that's fair enough.

There are many reasons why that U-turn was a disgrace. Alienating Hearts fans was one of them. 

You're going to totally stroll to the title this season by the way. Neilson owns this league. We're clueless against his tactics. Boyce will tear up this league. If we're within 25 points I'll be pleased.

Hopefully this legal judgement corrects things though and we don't have to see an empty away end at Dens when Hearts visit. I live in hope.

5 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Poor attitude. One person representing our football club made a horrible decision. It's actually been 2-3 years for horrific mistakes from him. That shouldn't tarnish those of us in the stands.

Ann Budge has made some embarrassing decisions these last few months. That doesn't make me think "**** all Jambos".

Individuals may well be reasonable,  right thinking people.   You may well be genuine.    But you can cease with the critical comments about Ann Budge.    That just wont be tolerated.     Over the piece,   Mrs Budge is in a tiny minority of people who have acted with honesty and integrity.     

Make that your last snide remark about her or you'll probably get bombed off here.    

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Absolutely correct. The Rangers/Hearts/Inverness proposal to release the money without calling the leagues was deemed “incompetent” by McKenzie due to one word. McKenzie was also accused by Rangers of giving no meaningful help with compiling the resolution, choosing only to say why it wasn’t competent, rather than advising what was required to make it competent.  Championship clubs knew the day before Rangers/Hearts/Inverness did that the proposed resolution had been deemed “incompetent”. It could well be they were informed by Ross McArthur - Dunfermline - who is a Championship Rep on the SPFL board. 

The Rangers/Hearts/Inverness proposal was always going to be blocked. The SPFL board were determined to end the leagues in the manner they had decided, despite their own QC providing legal advice that it would be open to legal challenge.

I've just made a post about the conundrum of the four issue motion and why it had to be done in that way, particularly with a financial incentive that would clearly override all other issues as far as the majority of clubs were concerned. I find it impossible to believe that those creating, and/or pushing, the content of the motion, at best, cared about, or gave consideration to, the damage they were about to inflict on three clubs, including ours. And I say 'at best' because I cannot help but think it may well have been deliberate. That aspect of the case must surely provide all the prejudice we need to show, and pretty much the unfairness, too, (morally if not to the satisfaction of the law). 

Just now, Victorian said:

Individuals may well be reasonable,  right thinking people.   You may well be genuine.    But you can cease with the critical comments about Ann Budge.    That just wont be tolerated.     Over the piece,   Mrs Budge is in a tiny minority of people who have acted with honesty and integrity.     

Make that your last snide remark about her or you'll probably get bombed off here.    

I admire her tenacity in fighting of her club's cause. I only wish we had the same mentality at Dens. She has fought like a terrier and forced the SPFL onto the backfoot while Nelms has loaded the gun and pointed it at his own head.

That said, claiming that her motives in pushing for reconstruction had nothing to do with Hearts' position in the league was treating folk like idiots. Sorry if that offends you.

third lanark
13 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Poor attitude. One person representing our football club made a horrible decision. It's actually been 2-3 years for horrific mistakes from him. That shouldn't tarnish those of us in the stands.

Ann Budge has made some embarrassing decisions these last few months. That doesn't make me think "**** all Jambos".

What’s your view of what Nelms did to Partick Thistle regarding his u turn?

Guest ToqueJambo
32 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Getting absolutely no sympathy from all supporters! Embarrassment!4C4B508B-2F43-40EC-AB54-6D2F3755EB6D.thumb.jpeg.57e761b09349ee4d0c163eeb164ac96c.jpeg

Those 3 clubs were in a position where they seemed to have a fair bit of widespread sympathy and they do this. It doesn't bode well for their legal case to be honest. Raith in particular. The other two had done enough to deserve their titles and promotions even if it was mathematically possible to catch them.

It does have to be said again and a again. They knew they'd be caught up in legal action and reconstruction was on the table as an alternative that didn't really hurt anyone and as importantly that would let everyone get on with next season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I admire her tenacity in fighting of her club's cause. I only wish we had the same mentality at Dens. She has fought like a terrier and forced the SPFL onto the backfoot while Nelms has loaded the gun and pointed it at his own head.

That said, claiming that her motives in pushing for reconstruction had nothing to do with Hearts' position in the league was treating folk like idiots. Sorry if that offends you.

Even Chick Young had to take a similar comment back....

AllyjamboDerbyshire
20 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Very interesting to hear your fans feelings on this, though I hope you understand the view on here that it was Dundee FC who have done us so much harm. But it is good to hear that not all supporters of clubs other than Hearts and Partick Thistle see us as the bad guys. Nice of you to enquire about donating to our cause, but not even Hearts supporters are able to do so as, I believe, James Anderson, our, and the rest of Scottish football's, benefactor is picking up the tab.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but it is up to him and not you/mtg to decide what he does with his money...you might not like it but it is not right to tell him what to do and any conditions attached

Imagine him reading the post and asking why should I help this bunch of moaners after all I have given them

Just be glad he has helped us (and others)

It was up to you when you hid things in the drawer, we all make mistakes just live with it 

third lanark

Do Hearts fans know if the benefactor was just initially paying for the action raised at the court of session? Or if they are paying for the legal fees involved in the arbitration process

heard some Dundee United fan(yes I know) say there’s not a chance any benefactor would be paying any of Thistles legal fees past the initial court of Session action - not that the United fan could say how he knew this and it just got me a bit worried about how much of a legal bill the jags might have to pay

She never said that though.   She fully admitted she had an obvious personal motive but she also tried to convince that she would have supported reconstruction in order to prevent harm to another club if they had been in 12th.    She is 100% honest in that.

Nothing is of offence to me.    I'm just saying it wont be tolerated.    This isn't friendly advice,   I'm just telling you what to expect.

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I don't know if it will form a part of our case, but I've never been able to understand why it was seen as necessary to hold a single vote on four different issues, particularly as one issue would cause harm to three clubs if passed and another issue would incentevise causing that harm. There can be so little doubt that this incentive would blind a large number of members from the impact the full motion would have that it's hard not to imagine it was a deliberate ploy. And to think the SPFL board/Doncaster have been claiming that they were in favour of reconstruction, so why, if they were being serious and honest about it, did they not include reconstruction instead of relegation in the motion?

Whether or not it's significant to our case, I'd like to think that our QC will seek answers to these conundrums.

It's really simple. They wanted to take null and void off the table as a possible solution as quickly as possible because... Celtic. At that time all the chat was about null and void. Maybe they really did intend to get clubs to push through reconstruction after the resolution but something got lost somewhere and everyone basically started acting for themselves.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

What’s your view of what Nelms did to Partick Thistle regarding his u turn?

I am ****ing raging about it. Nelms said he was focused solely on the best interests of Scottish football but he switched his vote to unfairly relegate Hearts, Partick and Stranraer while promoting Dundee United and giving up the promotion chances through the play-offs!

Do Hearts fans not realise that we've ****ed ourselves over as well as them?

The pleasing aspect of this situation of crowdfunding, sponsored walks and now alleged support form all 12 current premiership clubs is that Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Partick Thistle have kept a dignified silence since their joint statement last Friday.No doubt the gutter press have tried to obtain interviews quotes etc. but have been told vacate the vicinity.I would have said Fxxk Off but we are too good for that.

I believe this has all been orchestrated, no doubt with  a great deal of assistance from  the SPFL to stir up mass hysteriatring to convince everybody that it is a club v club case and  to try and cause further delay to the Arbitration hearing, hoping that the nearer to 1st August it gets the more favourable decision they will achieve.Rightly so, details of the hearing have been kept to almost zero by both sides regarding  the choosing of the panel/chairman, retrieval of documents and likely start date.

Only vague statements like 'we hope to start next week' have been offered  by the C3. Only the legal teams of both sides know the real situation .If anything should be leaked I think we all know where it would come from.

niblick1874

I take it back

Edited by niblick1874

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

No. I only have extracts from the Rangers Dossier.

However, the last time I looked at it, I noted that GM had made an interesting observation about the consequences for promotions and relegations when ending the season, either by voiding it, or as it stood.

Whether the choice between (a) voiding or (b) ending the season with clubs as they stand, is made by decision of the Board or by resolution of the members there are consequential issues. If the season is ended as clubs presently stand, promotion and relegation will have to be determined without play-offs. Voiding the season may be thought to provide its own solution to that problem. One would naturally assume that if the season was voided there would be no promotion or relegation and teams would line up next season as they started this season.  While that is a natural assumption, in reality a decision to have no promotion or relegation is a substantive decision. It is not a mere "consequence". There would have to be a conscious decision that that should be the outcome taken either by the members under article 64 or by the Board under article 99.9.

I don't know if GM intended that his comments only applied to voiding the season, or if similar "conscious decisions" were at play when ending the season early in any circumstance. If they applied to both, then GM appears to suggest that decisions affecting promotion and relegation are not "consequences", but that either the Clubs or the SPFL Board would have to make a conscious decision on how promotion and relegation would be determined. I'd suggest that "conscious decision" could feature in Hearts/PT's arbitration case about fairness or prejudice. 

From my reading of the original SPFL legal opinion - Moynihan advised the Board on how to end the season , do the PPG , this would then proviide a "champion" that could be be nominated for a CL slot.

IIRC, he was quite clear, in applying PPG , that relegation was not a consequence of that decision (to end the season & PPG) and that clubs would have to have a separate vote to do so. Moynihan acknowledged this final part was likely to bring a legal challenge (so the Board were perfectly aware of this before AB said a word on the matter) but was confident the SPFL could win in court. But he was clear, relegation was not a consequence of the vore to end the season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

She never said that though.   She fully admitted she had an obvious personal motive but she also tried to convince that she would have supported reconstruction in order to prevent harm to another club if they had been in 12th.    She is 100% honest in that.

Nothing is of offence to me.    I'm just saying it wont be tolerated.    This isn't friendly advice,   I'm just telling you what to expect.

People are still having a go at Budge for saying ages ago there are too many clubs in the league. Same as Strachan and lots of people have said. Steven Naismith just today. Yet the reconstruction proposal actually made space for two more to come in.

Edited by ToqueJambo

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Maybe because of my experience with Nelms I separate Budge from Hearts. If Jambos want to direct their animosity towards all things Dundee then that's fair enough.

There are many reasons why that U-turn was a disgrace. Alienating Hearts fans was one of them. 

You're going to totally stroll to the title this season by the way. Neilson owns this league. We're clueless against his tactics. Boyce will tear up this league. If we're within 25 points I'll be pleased.

Hopefully this legal judgement corrects things though and we don't have to see an empty away end at Dens when Hearts visit. I live in hope.

Hopefully John Nelms is just one carefully worded witness statement away from sending Dundee United back to the Championship.

Once we are back in the Premiership, I’m sure Berra and Wighton would be available on loan 😎

Am I right in thinking that the disclosed documents will include the “remit” requested by the SPFL for Deloitte (or whoever it was) to conduct the enquiry into the vote?

Just now, Victorian said:

Fair enough. Maybe I misread that. 

Bottom line is Budge fought Hearts' corner. Nelms ****ed us both over. Direct your anger at us if you want but I can assure you that 95-99% of Dees were appalled about that U-turn. 

third lanark
Just now, Darkblue said:

I am ****ing raging about it. Nelms said he was focused solely on the best interests of Scottish football but he switched his vote to unfairly relegate Hearts, Partick and Stranraer while promoting Dundee United and giving up the promotion chances through the play-offs!

Thanks for your response.

what do you think of Dundee United asking other clubs fans to contribute to their fund when they have been spending way above what they can on their players and just paid compensation for the Tranmere manager as well as trying to buy Nisbet off Dunfermline 

David McCaig
Just now, Darkblue said:

Bottom line is Budge fought Hearts' corner. Nelms ****ed us both over. Direct your anger at us if you want but I can assure you that 95-99% of Dees were appalled about that U-turn. 

Great chance for him to redeem himself now and destroy Dundee United in the process!!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Rattatooi said:

Am I right in thinking that the disclosed documents will include the “remit” requested by the SPFL for Deloitte (or whoever it was) to conduct the enquiry into the vote?

Doncaster and his assistant are still in Hampden trying to access the documents

giphy.gif

BelgeJambo

What does your former Director have to say about the sequence of events concerning the vote.  Who gave Nelms the dry boaby?

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

Thanks for your response.

what do you think of Dundee United asking other clubs fans to contribute to their fund when they have been spending way above what they can on their players and just paid compensation for the Tranmere manager as well as trying to buy Nisbet off Dunfermline 

The *******s are taking the piss. They bought the league with obscene overspending and now they want handouts. Hence the reason I came on here to find out if Dundee fans can help Hearts.

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pretty simple. Two reasons.

1) Their boards have no backbone and would rather beg for money to keep their egos in the headlines than admit they are in wrong and cease defence.

2) They don't trust SPFL to defend them, suspecting if they aren't there, SPFL would settle behind their backs. 

Number 2 is a certainty.

Spellczech
32 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I don't know if it will form a part of our case, but I've never been able to understand why it was seen as necessary to hold a single vote on four different issues, particularly as one issue would cause harm to three clubs if passed and another issue would incentevise causing that harm. There can be so little doubt that this incentive would blind a large number of members from the impact the full motion would have that it's hard not to imagine it was a deliberate ploy. And to think the SPFL board/Doncaster have been claiming that they were in favour of reconstruction, so why, if they were being serious and honest about it, did they not include reconstruction instead of relegation in the motion?

Whether or not it's significant to our case, I'd like to think that our QC will seek answers to these conundrums.

Indeed but the point I was making was that what FF put up indicates that a "conscious decision" was required specifically for whether promotions/relegations should take place ie a separate vote even if contained on the same ballot paper...not just one Yes/No, but multiple questions each to be specifically answered including one on whether relegation/promotion should be effected...

Brave Hearts
8 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

so what have, or are, dundee fans doing to show their apparent anger and disgust at Nelms ??

5 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Individuals may well be right minded and honest.    I have sympathy for individual fans who end up tarred with the same brush as others but there's nothing we can do to separate people from the collective mob baying for our demise.    

We need to see enemy clubs made to pay for their treachery.   If some of their fans end up as innocent bystander collateral damage then so be it.

Personally I'm baying for blood.    Clubs going to the wall.    The lot.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Brave Hearts said:

so what have, or are, dundee fans doing to show their apparent anger and disgust at Nelms ??

Well, they're not buying season tickets in any great numbers😁

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

The *******s are taking the piss. They bought the league with obscene overspending and now they want handouts. Hence the reason I came on here to find out if Dundee fans can help Hearts.

You could egg the 2 sponsored walkers as the reach the Dundee city boundary.

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

What does your former Director have to say about the sequence of events concerning the vote.  Who gave Nelms the dry boaby?

The guy I spoke to was a former chief executive and he was horrified.

Trouble is we live in a dilapidated 19th century stadium owned by an Arab (thanks to a previous administration). We have a very rich and very absent Texan owner called Tim Keyes who has effectively kept us alive for the last 6 years. Nelms is his pal (also from Texas) and he runs the show.

Nelms doesn't really understand Scottish football all that well and doesn't have anyone here that he listens to.

Dundee fans can attack him but ultimately we want to have a team to support and without the Americans we will probably go the same way as Third Lanark.

32 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Just need a wee peek on pie and Bovril to gauge the feeling from your club and others.  GORGIE ROOLS

7 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

You could start by spraying weed killer all over their pitch. Then we can talk. :laugh:

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

I predict those guys won't make it.

...to the end of Gorgie Road?

It is quite a long gauntle...eh, walk. 

Brave Hearts
2 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Nelms doesn't really understand Scottish football all that well and doesn't have anyone here that he listens to.

Strachan ?

14 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

Irrelevant to a big club like Hearts I suppose yeah. They're my team though and I don't want to support Barcelona, Man Utd or Celtic.

Emotions are running pretty high on here Darkblue, so you are likely to get some pretty aggressive responses - no matter your motives.

You need to appreciate that as far as we, Partick Thistle and Stranraer are concerned, the behaviour of the majority of clubs (owners/chairmen) has been utterly despicable throughout. Since we don't know your owner or any of the other owners and chairmen, it is inevitable that our anger will be directed towards the clubs themselves. 

That may not be fair, but it is human nature.

FWIW, I have no grudge against the fans of other clubs where they accept that what has happened is fundamentally and grossly unfair and unacceptable. You appear to be one of those fans, so thank you for saying as much.

I hope you have a thick skin.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

...to the end of Gorgie Road?

It is quite a long gauntle...eh, walk. 

Friday morning is it. ?  Let's get there for a robust democratic chat...

4 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

We're just focused on keeping our club alive. 

There is no alternative to Nelms at this time so we're trying to make the best of things.

12 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

The best way you and your Dundee mates can help Hearts is to keep well away from Tynecastle for the foreseeable.

Spellczech
6 minutes ago, Darkblue said:

We're just focused on keeping our club alive. 

There is no alternative to Nelms at this time so we're trying to make the best of things.

On the contrary, I think this is the best opportunity you will ever have to get rid of Nelms... Supporters group should write to the owner in Texas IMO - I'll bet he is not getting the true picture (from Nelms or the Scottish media)

Edited by Spellczech

2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Emotions are running pretty high on here Darkblue, so you are likely to get some pretty aggressive responses - no matter your motives.

You need to appreciate that as far as we, Partick Thistle and Stranraer are concerned, the behaviour of the majority of clubs (owners/chairmen) has been utterly despicable throughout. Since we don't know your owner or any of the other owners and chairmen, it is inevitable that our anger will be directed towards the clubs themselves. 

That may not be fair, but it is human nature.

FWIW, I have no grudge against the fans of other clubs where they accept that what has happened is fundamentally and grossly unfair and unacceptable. You appear to be one of those fans, so thank you for saying as much.

I hope you have a thick skin.

It's totally understandable. Folk have got a right to be upset. We were shafted when Livi relegated us with a dodgy player. We were hit with a 25 point penalty because clubs voted to hammer us. You instinctively hate clubs and their fans because their directors made a certain decision. I try to separate fans from directors because I've seen so many bad decisions over the years where the fans were powerless to affect it.

52 minutes ago, parwj said:

This is my thoughts. I know the press etc would play on it but the anger this whole charade against us the trio (not terrible) is absolutely galling. 

Ignore them, people who seek publicity fade away to nothing if no one is interested.

alwaysthereinspirit
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Doncaster and his assistant are still in Hampden trying to access the documents

giphy.gif

KEEP CALM AND HIDE THE EVIDENCE - Keep Calm and Posters Generator ...

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )