Boycott away games / strengthen foh / Hearts First

Selkirkhmfc1874

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

HEARTS FIRST

perfect. Should be used by the club , fans , federation, FOH

Ill be upping my FOH sub this afternoon. 
Hope Budge remembers this. I want minimum allocations given out at Tynecastle for all clubs that stabbed us and Partick etc

HEARTS FIRST.       Fantastic slogan

1 minute ago, Werner Herzog said:

Take a breath folks.This was always going to happen the moment the SPFL board intimated that they wanted to call the season. The door hasn't been completely closed on league reconstruction either (if I understand things correctly, most don't want to consider it whilst engaging with the problem of covid, which isn't the same as not wanting to consider it at any point). Its not worth foaming at the mouth over when when no one has any clue when football can actually resume in Scotland (& more importantly, how many of the senior clubs will survive this period). By the end of this crisis, there is a very real possibility they'll have no choice but to reconstruct or at the very least, there will be a vote on it (& at that point, you can identify the real villains of this situation & who are actually meriting a boycott - which I strongly believe wont be everyone, casing point Partick Thistle). In the meantime, Keep your powder dry & support the club with pledges, season tickets & merchandise. We are still very early days in this mad situation & survival is what counts right now.

This is where I am. There's a lot of water to flow under the bridge before there is any professional football in Scotland or the UK for that matter. In the meantime keeping the club on life support is the priority, which is why I'll be buying my ST on Monday.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Rods

• 1971fozzy

SectionDJambo
17 minutes ago, _maroonplatoon said:

Will never happen with Budge at the helm and a large portion of our fanbase who have been sanitised by her - that includes a big majority on here.

All the more reason to carry the message then, is it not? 
I also believe your claim of the sanitisation of our support will be put to the test. I believe that most can see the good and bad that she is responsible for, not just the bad.

She does have a long road back to repair the damage of the last 3 years, on the pitch. No doubt of that.
Maybe it would have been better if she hadn’t got involved with the administration process, and left others to provide the initial funds to recover the clubs assets from Lithuania. Whoever was encouraging and advising her to get involved, in a business like no other for self interest, dissatisfaction and abusive criticism, should have told her what it would be.

No club owner has ever kept football fans happy for the entirety of their time at a club. It’s too emotional and important for many, and sometimes, the only thing in their lives.

Hearts007

just thinking..if we are deffo down and boycotting away games . wont we still see most away games anyway as bbc show championships games live every Friday night?

jamboiain13
10 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Cut the ticket allocation for opposing teams as low as possible, non if allowed. I will never again go to the hovels that are Paisley, Hamilton, Livingston, Dundee or any of the other shitey wee towns with their tinpot nothing clubs.

we wouldn't need their tainted pounds if every Hearts supporter donated the equivalent ticket price to FoH instead of buying tickets for away games and funding other teams.  Let's do this!

2 minutes ago, Werner Herzog said:

Please not Hearts first. Only Hearts I can get behind.

Agreed, should be "only hearts"  ties in nicely with the Dave Mackay quote.

been here before

Yet another thread for the hyperbolic ubers to try and out uber each others hyperbole.

Buy an additional ticket for Tynecastle rather than fund an away game.   Take along a mate, win-win for Hearts.   Might even see a winning team next season!

Agree. Should always be the case, but board and the support need to share the same mentality towards it. 

Werner Herzog
16 minutes ago, Kxf51 said:

Agreed, should be "only hearts"  ties in nicely with the Dave Mackay quote.

Yep, plus it doesn't have associations with fascism. 

3 minutes ago, Werner Herzog said:

Yep, plus it doesn't have associations with fascism. 

Damn, I was going to suggest "Hearts Über Alles". :)

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That’s always been my motto. If I was to change it to anything now, it would be:

ONLY Hearts.

Was happy to go with the OP but this ^ works better.

‘Hearts first’ suggests other clubs may benefit after Hearts have been looked after. Ie - attending away games. I’m done with that.

‘Only’ Hearts removes the ambiguity.

Just now, redjambo said:

Damn, I was going to suggest "Hearts Über Alles". :)

😂 that would've been my next choice.

Will still go to away games if I fancy it tbh. Hibs away have been two of very few enjoyable days of the season and I wouldn’t sacrifice that out of spite. 

I don’t buy tickets to Easter Road with the intention of giving hibs my cash, it’s a necessary part of doing so in order to go and watch Hearts. 

Folk talking about sacking the semi against hibs it it goes ahead??? Occasions like that don’t happen to often, so assuming they allow fans to attend I’ll be there. 

As for giving the equivalent cash value to FOH, I’d be far more inclined to do so if i had any confidence in the current board to use it effectively. I definitely won’t be upping my pledge with a board that’s seen us bottom after 30 games. 

I agree 100% that the process around demotions and reconstruction has been completely shambolic, but it doesn’t come as a surprise and it isn’t specifically aimed at hurting Hearts. If Hamilton had been bottom it’s unlikely we’d give a shit. 

mellors1874

can see hearts vs ict up there being scheduled for a week night just so we can't take a big support up as that's the only team in the league I will get tickets for 

11 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Was happy to go with the OP but this ^ works better.

‘Hearts first’ suggests other clubs may benefit after Hearts have been looked after. Ie - attending away games. I’m done with that.

‘Only’ Hearts removes the ambiguity.

Reserving judgement on boycotting away games. If we're doing well and have a crucial away game to play the players might just need our support, there could be a fine line between hurting other clubs and hurting our own.

No-brainer for me.

Whenever we get started again I look forward to my only Away game in the Championship - Inverness.

The rest can whistle.

When we are back in the Premier, I will save a fortune from having no Away games.

Any of my money for football will go to Hearts - no-one else.

That is my personal stance, but hopefuly many more will take the same.

I'll miss pumping the HIbs at ER, but I'll enjoy it, non the less,  seeing an empty Away End.

Same goes for LIvvy, Motherwell, Killie, St Midden, et. al.

See how they all get on with reduced Hearts' Support.

FoH will benefit from a raised contribution though.

1971fozzy
45 minutes ago, Werner Herzog said:

You don't see the connection then?

no I don’t connect me boycotting clubs in Scottish football with the president of the United States and ‘far right’ being associated with Hearts.

its really not that complicated , it’s just putting money I would normally spend at away grounds into Hearts instead. 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

For reasons stated re fascism, ONLY HEARTS it is. 👍

Time to bring back the Gorgie Agro

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

no I don’t connect me boycotting clubs in Scottish football with the president of the United States and ‘far right’ being associated with Hearts.

its really not that complicated , it’s just putting money I would normally spend at away grounds into Hearts instead. 

He just means the slogan mate Hearts First, Britain First. He’s not criticising the idea. 

julienbrellier

yeah ok I'm in. Boycotting all away games except a few in championship. Minimum allocation to all clubs when we return to the SPL and a boycott of all away games. I will also renew my season ticket and sign up to FOH.

1971fozzy
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He just means the slogan mate Hearts First, Britain First. He’s not criticising the idea. 

fair enough. 

Im behind ‘only Hearts’ then.

something that can be used as a slogan that’s all. Or similar.

58 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

just thinking..if we are deffo down and boycotting away games . wont we still see most away games anyway as bbc show championships games live every Friday night?

That's a point  a lot may have missed . 

Many of Hearts games next year will be on a Friday night , they will want us on most weeks for sure . 

One of the reasons I'm considering where to renew or not . 

Thats assuming we get any football 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, goader said:

Buy an additional ticket for Tynecastle rather than fund an away game.   Take along a mate, win-win for Hearts.   Might even see a winning team next season!

Good idea 👍🏽

SectionDJambo
28 minutes ago, Deso1972 said:

How about as Dave McKay famously said “Always Hearts”?..

That is a great suggestion. Further honour towards the great players of our history.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Deso1972 said:

How about as Dave McKay famously said “Always Hearts”?..

Definitely 

79D433D0-5B57-433D-8399-42BC4B09C352.jpeg

Ex member of the SaS

Said before a boycott only works if you are willing to dump the derby too. However it should be made clear to the Championship clubs that we will not be spending our cash at their grounds. Perhaps they are thinking with Hearts in the Championship, it will be mega payday, so they have voted as they did thinking of future revenue. When they find out they won't be getting a penny, maybe just maybe, they will think again about dumping reconstruction. With the fans and players all calling for it how can the SPFL ignore it? So high powered media reports of teams getting feck all should stir things up.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

There's more chance of me setting foot in Wuhan than Dundee next season.

😆

Werner Herzog
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Well I do. Always Hearts is a far less loaded title - and has a Dave Mackay connection.

Edited by Werner Herzog

jager man

If anyone is looking for their fix off football while boycotting away games then they could always watch the Hearts Ladies team if they are at home that weekend. All money then would go back into the club helping fund the women's team which in turn frees up more money for men's team.

1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

There's more chance of me setting foot in Wuhan than Dundee next season.

More chance of picking up something nasty in Dundee..

Couple of long weekends in Inverness could be enjoyable though.

Beast Boy

Absolutely revelling in this new found hatred and bitterness. I just hope people manage to keep it going. None of this time’s a healer horseshit. 

ford donald
20 minutes ago, dav1e said:

More chance of picking up something nasty in Dundee..

Couple of long weekends in Inverness could be enjoyable though.

On no account should fester road be visited.

22games nro
9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Absolutely revelling in this new found hatred and bitterness. I just hope people manage to keep it going. None of this time’s a healer horseshit. 

agree, let’s become a nasty , hate filled club and to **** with everyone else 

4 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

This would be the perfect opportunity to have beambacks at tynie all profits going to Hearts. 

Beast Boy
15 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

agree, let’s become a nasty , hate filled club and to **** with everyone else 

ONLY Hearts