Boycott away games / strengthen foh / Hearts First

Selkirkhmfc1874

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

People who go away are validating the decisions of clubs who are trying to stick a knife through our heart. 

A complete boycott of everyone except ICT required. Give the rest nothing.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Rods

• 1971fozzy

Felix Lighter
15 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

JKB is similar to the Hearts support, in fact all supports, there is differences of opinion. I'm not sure of the number of member on JKB at the moment, but in general there are maybe around 800 who seem to post regularly on an almost daily basis. So even using an even split of 50/50 on cetain things it represents only a very small fraction of the overall HMFC support. I'd say the external grouping who get most from this site are probably journalists, as it save them actually working for a living. The vast, vast majority of HMFC fans who both go to Tynecastle and travel to watch HMFC either never have or never want to be on JKB. And it ain't just the youngsters who express opinion on what happens on here.

Is it not around the 30k mark for members?

But yeah on a normal day I'd say about 800 logged in sounds pretty accurate.My initial post was to compare JKB to sample polls from general elections.Hearts related polls on here in the main attract upwards of 500 votes, the bigger the sample, the closer you get to accuracy on the general feeling toward a particular topic.

The vast majority of Hearts fans might very well think 'kb is for arseholes' , but other than that, unless someone can explain what singles out kbers from the wider Hearts fan demographic, then I don't get the logic that kb is out of touch with the wider support.

We are after all first and foremost Hearts fans.

maroonsgotop
39 minutes ago, Deevers said:

that's what I'll be doing  for sure

54 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Saturday KO 3pm would see us take quite a sizeable support I imagine. Probably struggle to get a ticket (unless they give us 3 stands😉)

34 minutes ago, sac said:

Saturday KO 3pm would see us take quite a sizeable support I imagine. Probably struggle to get a ticket (unless they give us 3 stands😉)

Also if allocation reduced due to Covid our fans could always donate the cost of the ticket to Inverness directly that way they’d get a sizeable chunk from our support 

Nobody wants to try to dictate but it must be urged upon people to sign up to the purpose of a blanket boycott.

It's understandable to want to attend games and support the team.    But try to see the bigger picture.    It's very much to the benefit of our best interests in the long term.    

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nobody wants to try to dictate but it must be urged upon people to sign up to the purpose of a blanket boycott.

It's understandable to want to attend games and support the team.    But try to see the bigger picture.    It's very much to the benefit of our best interests in the long term.    

Everyone I know have said they won’t be travelling away and I include in that a father and son who virtually never miss a game.

The Elgin chairmen should be getting told vote No and we will expect you to play every game. They could be replaced easily.

7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It will be some time before any away fans attend anyway.

I would never stop people watching Hearts play and i would hate to see us fight amongst ourselves over it. It would be nice if the idea of giving money to Hearts instead of buying an away ticket gained momentum - even if it was a case of "i'm not going to Kirkcaldy, i'll stick £10 in the FoH instead".

yep

3 hours ago, Rods said:

The Elgin chairmen should be getting told vote No and we will expect you to play every game. They could be replaced easily.

He is well named - his club will be left in Tatters if the vote is a "no". What do these mickey mouse boards of directors not understand?

upgotheheads

I will be boycotting any club which votes against the proposal.  I am a regular away supporter, but I think that some of these clubs are showboating because they want the new league setup to be permanent. Personally I think they could be right about that at least.