Boycott away games / strengthen foh / Hearts First

Selkirkhmfc1874

Dagger Is Back

Fans should feel comfortable making their own minds up - stay away or go along and support the team. The guy I stand beside in Section G goes to every single game, home and away. It's been years since he missed one

I'm not going to tell him what he should and shouldn't be doing, that's his choice and rightly so. He's every bit as much a Jambo as I am.

In saying that, I'd like to think that some fans won't go on a point of principle

It's only Hearts that matter although a wee trip to ICT would be nice

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Rods

• 1971fozzy

everyone supported can decide what they want to do next season personally i will decide if and when football starts again.

Robbo-Jambo
On 10/05/2020 at 16:51, redjambo said:

Indeed. It is extremely simple. We shouldn't be putting any money into the pockets of the clubs who voted for our expulsion from the Premiership and continue to support that position. If that money can instead go into our own coffers then all the better.

Exactly this. 

Just now, Uilleam said:

everyone supported can decide what they want to do next season personally i will decide if and when football starts again.

I thought it was the SFA and the Scottish Government who would decide that.

Are you Ian Maxwell? ;)

15 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Get it started then 🤷🏼‍♀️

22games nro
1 hour ago, husref musemic said:

Thinking about an away day next year ?

In the Ladbrokes Championship, one club (10%) supported the resolution, with nine clubs (90%) opposing it.

I'm just glad its Inverness !!

21 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

This thread needs to be posted weekly until football returns.

Only Hearts.

The match threads for away games next year should be fun 

Edited by GinRummy

22games nro
27 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What about Partick?

if they were in the same league Id be delighted to go 😎

On 09/05/2020 at 11:41, pablo said:

Only Hearts.

If we're looking for a slogan, I don't like Hearts First at all.

It would get morphed into Lonely Hearts by some funny guy...... so it's a No from me I'm afraid

colinmaroon

Sacrifice is a great revelation of commitment and devotion.

Anyone who says they are not prepared to sacrifice going to most away games in the circumstances are going for self and not the cause.

It is harder to stay away precisely because it is a sacrifice. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Putting my away game cash into a pot.

Each time one of them dies, bottle of champagne. 

I'm not bitter,  just no sympathy for anyone. Maybe not even for ourselves. 

Total bunch of ****wits. Having said that England is no better 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Putting my away game cash into a pot.

Each time one of them dies, bottle of champagne. 

I'm not bitter,  just no sympathy for anyone. Maybe not even for ourselves. 

Total bunch of ****wits. Having said that England is no better 

😂 that’s a great idea. Big bottle of bubbly when st Johnstone go bust then st mirren...

Just now, GinRummy said:

😂 that’s a great idea. Big bottle of bubbly when st Johnstone go bust then st mirren...

You could smash it against their stadium when they are launched 😉

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Fans should feel comfortable making their own minds up - stay away or go along and support the team. The guy I stand beside in Section G goes to every single game, home and away. It's been years since he missed one

I'm not going to tell him what he should and shouldn't be doing, that's his choice and rightly so. He's every bit as much a Jambo as I am.

In saying that, I'd like to think that some fans won't go on a point of principle

Everyone has to make up their own mind , however everyone should be trying to persuade anyone thinking of going to change their minds. No threats or intimidation, leave that to the SPFL. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

I'm just glad its Inverness !!

Imagine the seethe when a huge crowd roll up at ICT when the rest are sitting with empty stadiums.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The match threads for away games next year should be fun 

Hopefully lots of posters as they're all at Tynecastle watching on big screens, in the pub or at home. But not at any away game stadiums, other than the obvious ones.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Busby8 said:

It would get morphed into Lonely Hearts by some funny guy...... so it's a No from me I'm afraid

Any thoughts on what we could use?

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Everyone has to make up their own mind , however everyone should be trying to persuade anyone thinking of going to change their minds. No threats or intimidation, leave that to the SPFL. 

Are you suggesting robust conversations by any chance?

Yip debate and persuasion is the way forward

The last thing we want to do is ruin the benefits of having a united fan base. When we all sing of the same hymn sheet, Tynecastle and the support is a bit of a beast. That FU attitude is exactly what we need to see back regardless of how wishy washy we've been lead

4 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Totally agree. Still, even if the away attendances are half of what they would be, that’s still denying these clubs a good chunk of money from Hearts supporters pockets. I actually wonder if that might even be a better result, as long as those staying away are also putting that money in to Hearts instead. 

31 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Totally agree. Still, even if the away attendances are half of what they would be, that’s still denying these clubs a good chunk of money from Hearts supporters pockets. I actually wonder if that might even be a better result, as long as those staying away are also putting that money in to Hearts instead. 

Playing Devil’s Advocate here;  Under the current regime we are no guarantees to come straight back up, (If in fact there is any football at all in the championship next season), if results continue in the same manner then home crowds will drop, the deterioration at Tynecastle is almost a mirror image of the late 70s where a totally disillusioned support turned there back on Hearts, It might get to a point where we need all the support we can get, at that point people may have to consider if getting back at other clubs is more important than actually supporting Hearts (as in attending away matches and shouting and cheering).

10 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Playing Devil’s Advocate here;  Under the current regime we are no guarantees to come straight back up, (If in fact there is any football at all in the championship next season), if results continue in the same manner then home crowds will drop, the deterioration at Tynecastle is almost a mirror image of the late 70s where a totally disillusioned support turned there back on Hearts, It might get to a point where we need all the support we can get, at that point people may have to consider if getting back at other clubs is more important than actually supporting Hearts (as in attending away matches and shouting and cheering).

I think home crowds will be up, when crowds are once again permitted and restrictions removed. A combination of defiance and missing the football will see to that. 

I really hope you are right, my biggest fear is that there will actually be no football outside the top flight next season, btw the Premiership clubs will not give a **** !
These are dark times, I really hope we rally, and I can totally understand why people are really angry, but after some soul searching I’m not totally convinced boycotts are the answer at this time, obviously it’s down to the individual.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think home crowds will be up, when crowds are once again permitted and restrictions removed. A combination of defiance and missing the football will see to that. 

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

There's been a couple of other suggestions on this thread that are ok, and if it wasn't for the connotations with that American Psycho, I'd have gone for Hearts First.

Pretty sure there will be loads of others, but I'd be loathe to choose a slogan that some erse could easily transform into a joke.

That was really the only point I was making.

Whatever it is I'll be right there supporting the cause.

32 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I really hope you are right, my biggest fear is that there will actually be no football outside the top flight next season, btw the Premiership clubs will not give a **** !
These are dark times, I really hope we rally, and I can totally understand why people are really angry, but after some soul searching I’m not totally convinced boycotts are the answer at this time, obviously it’s down to the individual.

That’s a valid fear, obviously that would be a game changer. 

3 hours ago, Busby8 said:

Who cares though? It’s not for other people, it’s for us. You can morph anything; “Yams”, “Hobos” whatever... doesn’t make any difference and it doesn’t erode the meaning.

Dagger Is Back
42 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

There's been a couple of other suggestions on this thread that are ok, and if it wasn't for the connotations with that American Psycho, I'd have gone for Hearts First.

Pretty sure there will be loads of others, but I'd be loathe to choose a slogan that some erse could easily transform into a joke.

That was really the only point I was making.

Whatever it is I'll be right there supporting the cause.

Yeah I’ve been trying to come up with some thoughts but no inspiration so far.

You’re right though. You only have to look down the road to see how much of a mistake you can make

Remember Butchers Green Army? They were brilliantly camouflaged at home games!

Deans-Hearts

I'm all for a boycott if we are chucked out of the league, Inverness apart. Would this include the SC semi as I think they will try and start next season with this fixture. Would send a massive message to the SFA & SPFL if we 100% boycotted it. However,  wouldn't like to miss us pumping them again at hampden. 

4 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Just down there (not the +sign and the Quote Edit bits :lol: ) (FFS! Or Edited just now by Boof :lol: )

👇

Edited by Boof

Dagger Is Back
6 minutes ago, Boof said:

Just down there (not the +sign and the Quote Edit bits :lol: ) (FFS! Or Edited just now by Boof :lol: )

👇

Whit? 😂

Pasquale for King

Apologies if it’s been mentioned but we should refuse to sell tickets for away games so that it costs the other clubs more money, we could say we have to save money on staff in the ticket office and can’t do it just now.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Deans-Hearts said:

I'm all for a boycott if we are chucked out of the league, Inverness apart. Would this include the SC semi as I think they will try and start next season with this fixture. Would send a massive message to the SFA & SPFL if we 100% boycotted it. However,  wouldn't like to miss us pumping them again at hampden. 

I think because we get a quarter of the profits it might not be the best idea. There’s not going to be any fans allowed to go anyway whenever they start playing in the next few months.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

If there is no games for us to play, which is entirely possible then we will have to use clause 12 to survive I think, I’m not sure if you have to do it to everyone though.

Boycotts are forever more, doesn’t matter when games are played, it would be crazy to give teams money that voted for us to lose £3m whilst being demoted. As you said in an earlier post we will need all the money we can get so giving the cash you would’ve spent on an away game to the club makes more sense. The team will be very different and with Levein, Macphee and Murray away the recruitment has to be better surely.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

If there is no games for us to play, which is entirely possible then we will have to use clause 12 to survive I think, I’m not sure if you have to do it to everyone though.

Boycotts are forever more, doesn’t matter when games are played, it would be crazy to give teams money that voted for us to lose £3m whilst being demoted. As you said in an earlier post we will need all the money we can get so giving the cash you would’ve spent on an away game to the club makes more sense. The team will be very different and with Levein, Macphee and Murray away the recruitment has to be better surely.

That’s quite a leap of faith there.... just as much chance it could actually be worse, for a start who would be responsible in picking there replacements  ?

No longer active
7 hours ago, Deans-Hearts said:

If as muted there will only be a Premiership season when football restarts then the Scottish Cup might be our only football ! Can’t see Budge funding a Squad for potentially only 2 fixtures though!

1 hour ago, George Cowie said:

If as muted there will only be a Premiership season when football restarts then the Scottish Cup might be our only football ! Can’t see Budge funding a Squad for potentially only 2 fixtures though!

Is that not only being said on here? I’ve not read anything in the media saying the top flight will be back and not the championship. 

It’s my view that we have to do something to hurt the clubs that did this to us. Many have voted for the resolution thinking we don’t have the means to hurt them, so why worry about it.

In particular I want us to hurt Dundee FC, and I want Nelms to understand that is what is happening and why.

I want us to hurt every club who voted down reconstruction that would have saved us taking a hit of millions of pounds. 

In particular I want us to hurt Hibs, and I want Gordon and Dempster to have to admit that their choice to hurt our club has cost them and damaged them.

Just meekly accepting what they have done to us, will do us more damage than anything these clubs have done. 

13 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s my view that we have to do something to hurt the clubs that did this to us. Many have voted for the resolution thinking we don’t have the means to hurt them, so why worry about it.

In particular I want us to hurt Dundee FC, and I want Nelms to understand that is what is happening and why.

I want us to hurt every club who voted down reconstruction that would have saved us taking a hit of millions of pounds. 

In particular I want us to hurt Hibs, and I want Gordon and Dempster to have to admit that their choice to hurt our club has cost them and damaged them.

Just meekly accepting what they have done to us, will do us more damage than anything these clubs have done. 

Great post. 👍

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think because we get a quarter of the profits it might not be the best idea. There’s not going to be any fans allowed to go anyway whenever they start playing in the next few months.

Yes we get quarter of gate receipts less expenses. However if 20, 000 Hearts fans don’t buy tickets and donate their £25 to the club that’s £500k free money and we would also get quarter of the gate receipts of the two semis in any case. 50k at one semi, 15k at the other, that’s 65,000 @£20 per ticket less 20% so that pot is about £1m, another £250k to us.  That’s £750k to the a club then double it up for the final. As Les said on radio, ‘we are playing a club we habitually beat’ 

The Treasurer

As there will be no fans allowed at games for quite some time (if there are any games at all) there will be no decision on boycotting to be made

Simple fact is that it’s a personal choice whether to attend away games or not. The only one I will be going to if we are expelled is to Inverness. The rest can rot as far as I’m concerned. 

I just assumed that when the league is called, and we are chucked out, that Aberdeen get the last European slot? If so, how could they play the semis? They would have already awarded the European place for winning it to someone else. 

8 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Whit? 😂

Well might you laugh! :lol: 

My new signature (which of course you might have set to ignore).

ALWAYS HEARTS

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I'm with you, having made the mistake of reading some of the mocking comments from fans of other clubs that have been posted on here.

We've been the victims of a SPFL stitch-up which has no sporting integrity. Our reward for this is an anti-Hearts media campaign and being laughed at by other clubs. So the maroon pound needs to stay in-house and kept away from our detractors.