Boycott away games / strengthen foh / Hearts First

Selkirkhmfc1874

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 hours ago, rogers said:

That's right. Why should Hearts supporters not enjoy their football on a Saturday afternoon. Letting others dictate how you live your life like that is not smart.

Each of these clubs will have dictated which stadiums we will be going to next year by voting us out of the top league.

Being complicit in justifying their decision isn’t smart in my opinion.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Rods

• 1971fozzy

5 hours ago, Elite said:

How is boycotting games going to help the team on the pitch that day? For example, if we refused the allocation that Hibs gave us then they would just fill the stadium with even more of them. Even if they couldn't fill the usual away stand with their supporters, the stadium would still be full of them. Ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Elite said:

How is boycotting games going to help the team on the pitch that day? For example, if we refused the allocation that Hibs gave us then they would just fill the stadium with even more of them. Even if they couldn't fill the usual away stand with their supporters, the stadium would still be full of them. Ridiculous.

We’ll not be playing hibs next season. The clubs in the championship helped expel us. They need our cash, we should keep our money at the club.

In saying all that, some folk will still go to away games, individual choice etc. 

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

Dunfermline and Raith have been 2 of the most scabbiest clubs in this whole charade. Used to be 2 of my most favourite away games but I'll never be back to them again. We really need to get clued up on this otherwise as fans we are complicit and simply rolling over and supporting these scabby clubs with our hard earned cash. stuff them

Exactly. I cringed when he mentioned those two grounds. 

BelgeJambo
12 hours ago, Rods said:

Gorgie Live is a superb idea it needs to be expanded.

We must look after number 1 going forward.

Big screen in the Plaza with pop up bars

Hospitality suites filled

Cheerleaders

any thing to add? 

SectionDJambo

It is, of course, every Hearts fan’s right to decide for themselves whether to go to any away ground, once they open up again. I, personally, intend to be picking and choosing.

The only way I can see me deviating from this is if Hearts are given a proper amount of compensation from the SPFL, that negates the financial damage to our club.

My current feeling is that most of the clubs we will be playing against, when we eventually get started in front of spectators again, are happy for us the take the financial hit at a time when all the clubs should be sticking together, to get as many through this crisis as possible.

Many on here have been banging on about how soft Ann Budge has been in dealing with the SPFL and other clubs, individually. How she has had the wool pulled over her eyes and been played by those clubs.

Now we have talk of Hearts fans giving those clubs their money, when it could go to help Hearts recovery from this farce.

I would hope that those who are happy to give those clubs their money, aren’t also of the opinion that Ann Budge has not done enough with them, to prevent this expulsion. 

8 hours ago, Elite said:

I think it might actually spur them on more.knowing how the supporters feel..just imo

maroonsgotop
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Stay safe, back Hearts, don’t go to the ****ing shitholes that every other clubs grounds in the country inhabits? To long?

😄

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Cheerleaders

any thing to add? 

maybe a win or three😀

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Yup **** Dunfermline.

To think 3000 of our fans went to East End Park for a joint fundraiser when both clubs were in financial trouble. Hardly ant of their fans even turned up.

Then they vote to have us relegated.

yep. 

9 hours ago, Elite said:

Imagine the party as they come back to a packed out Tynecastle, where Hearts fans have pumped money into our own club that day, with the 3 points.

You though could choose to give Hibs £32 in support of their actions.

The players imo would understand any boycott.

16 hours ago, The Fonz said:

We’re not being demoted because we’ve not put enough money into the club. The fans have done more than anyone, but the reason we’ll be in the championship next year (or whenever) is all down to our own board and their failings. 

A few people on this thread have made it clear they’ll still go to away games if they want. That doesn’t make them any less Hearts fans for doing so. Away days are one of the enjoyable things about following Hearts, certainly more than going to tynie in the last few seasons. 

People can do what they want and boycott other clubs if they wish, but it’s by in large just misdirected anger. 

:spoton:

Preaching siege mentality then turning on fellow supporters for, well.. supporting 😂

Boycott / don't boycott, I don't really care. Do what you feel right folks - but don't have a go at others for making their own mind up.

braveheart
9 hours ago, Elite said:

And you joined kickback last Friday to say this? honestly this place is infested 🐀🐀🐀

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Elite said:

They have had about three sell outs against in the rebuilt Easter Road EVER, you know that and contradicted your first point because you know it’s nonsense. I don’t think we would refuse an allocation as there will always be fans who want to go, but if it’s 500 then that’s costing them a lot of money. They then couldn’t drop the prices to try to encourage more Hibs fans out of the pubs.

How many times in the last few years have teams with a few hundred fans come to Tynecastle and either played us off the park or left with all three points. 

braveheart
6 hours ago, rogers said:

That's right. Why should Hearts supporters not enjoy their football on a Saturday afternoon. Letting others dictate how you live your life like that is not smart.

Another one who has recently joined crapping themselves that their club will lose a shed load when hearts fans don,t turn up their stadiums.

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, The Fonz said:

We’re not being demoted because we’ve not put enough money into the club. The fans have done more than anyone, but the reason we’ll be in the championship next year (or whenever) is all down to our own board and their failings. 

A few people on this thread have made it clear they’ll still go to away games if they want. That doesn’t make them any less Hearts fans for doing so. Away days are one of the enjoyable things about following Hearts, certainly more than going to tynie in the last few seasons. 

People can do what they want and boycott other clubs if they wish, but it’s by in large just misdirected anger. 

Who should the anger be directed at?

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

It is, of course, every Hearts fan’s right to decide for themselves whether to go to any away ground, once they open up again. I, personally, intend to be picking and choosing.

The only way I can see me deviating from this is if Hearts are given a proper amount of compensation from the SPFL, that negates the financial damage to our club.

My current feeling is that most of the clubs we will be playing against, when we eventually get started in front of spectators again, are happy for us the take the financial hit at a time when all the clubs should be sticking together, to get as many through this crisis as possible.

Many on here have been banging on about how soft Ann Budge has been in dealing with the SPFL and other clubs, individually. How she has had the wool pulled over her eyes and been played by those clubs.

Now we have talk of Hearts fans giving those clubs their money, when it could go to help Hearts recovery from this farce.

I would hope that those who are happy to give those clubs their money, aren’t also of the opinion that Ann Budge has not done enough with them, to prevent this expulsion. 

This is where I'm at.

I went to loads of games in the last Championship season and I really enjoyed it. Not just because of a runaway winning team but the new venues & the feelgood factor in the support. This time around I won't be going to any away games , I won't be putting a cent into clubs who will potentially benefit hugely from their shitty actions in expelling Hearts. 

Individuals are entitled to do as they wish but I can't fathom why anyone would reward the treachery visited on Hearts.

Hearts first & Hearts only for me.  

braveheart

What's the stance by the federation on a boycott? should supporters clubs be running buses to these shtehooses?by not running buses is that a breach of the federation rules?

17 hours ago, The Fonz said:

Paragraph 1, while the board have made mistakes 're managers it's the SPFL that are banishing us to the championship.

Paragraph 2 , I agree with you.

Paragraph 3, it is not misdirected anger it is directed anger. My anger is directed at any club that has voted for our expulsion so I will given them no cash.

#Only Hearts.

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, braveheart said:

What's the stance by the federation on a boycott? should supporters clubs be running buses to these shtehooses?by not running buses is that a breach of the federation rules?

It's not a trade union organisation , they don't have "rules" on this kind of thing.

People can & will do their own thing either as individuals or through their own club. 

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Paragraph 1, while the board have made mistakes 're managers it's the SPFL that are banishing us to the championship.

Paragraph 2 , I agree with you.

Paragraph 3, it is not misdirected anger it is directed anger. My anger is directed at any club that has voted for our expulsion so I will given them no cash.

#Only Hearts.

Exactly. 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, braveheart said:

Rules can be changed, if such a rule exists.

Potentially, a bigger problem exists as how to run the loyalty points scheme, should a significant number of fans decide they won’t go to away games on the principle of not financing those clubs who have shafted us.

Possible solution is loyalty points in return for a donation being given to Hearts instead of gate money to the home club? Need to be careful with taxation, I would imagine, if a donation is linked to a reward, even as small as loyalty points.

2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Cheerleaders

any thing to add? 

I like this idea 

According to Ann Budge it is the fear of upsetting Sky that has motivated other clubs to distance themselves from reconstruction. Therefore I believe all Hearts supporters should cancel Sky Sports and make it known that we are doing so because it seems that Sky are partly responsible for us being ejected from the top league. We won’t get much from the contract if we are in the championship and we won’t appear on the programme either. Why should our monies go to the very clubs that have shafted us? Instead we should subscribe to Hearts TV and give the balance to the Foundation. I have Sky Sports on pause and have increased my FoH subs by the amount saved.

Lets all commit to this and if we get thousands of Hearts fans doing the same maybe we can make an impact. What do you think? Should Kickback make this a cause celebre?

(posted on another thread but perhaps better on this one.)

BerraBelieveit

Taking 3/4,000 to dumfries, greenock, dunfermline etc is a bigger statement than any boycotting. 

Siege mentality, steamroll the championship and get back up to the top flight and steamroll all of them as well. 

I'm not missing doing something I love to sit in the house trying to prove a point. Life is too short. An absolute paradise of away days for a day out and I for one will be there merrily cheering on the famous Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, pablo said:

Strange. I'm pretty sure that just a couple of weeks ago you were stating that you were ready to pack the whole thing in and turn your back on the club completely.

Any Hearts fan putting money in to Scab clubs is a Scab themself. 

Of course I was I’m completely irrational when it comes to Hearts and rival clubs. Scottish football drains the life out of me but I love Hearts. 
After all this though I’m going to start boycotting?

Na just give me normality back. 

7 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Taking 3/4,000 to dumfries, greenock, dunfermline etc is a bigger statement than any boycotting. 

A statement that IMO, says cheers for demoting us, heres £25 twice a season to help you whilst my team suffers a £3m loss.

Keep shafting us boys, you will always get my maroon pounds in support.

2 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Siege mentality, steamroll the championship and get back up to the top flight and steamroll all of them as well. 

I'm not missing doing something I love to sit in the house trying to prove a point. Life is too short. An absolute paradise of away days for a day out and I for one will be there merrily cheering on the famous Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Laughing stock not the famous Heart of Midlothian. 

Who is saying we are getting back to the premier league if we win the championship? 

Hearts need the money more it’s as simple as that but you crack on and pay our enemies.

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Of course I was I’m completely irrational when it comes to Hearts and rival clubs. Scottish football drains the life out of me but I love Hearts. 
After all this though I’m going to start boycotting?

Na just give me normality back. 

I hear you Jack. It's draining for everyone. But Scottish football is ****ing us over, we need to hit back.

Only Hearts mate.

Just a thought:

There will always be supporters who want to go and support the team   I have no issue with that.  I went home and away for 25 years and enjoyed every game and ground.  I pick my away games these days. I for one won't be attending any away games at any club complicit in any of the decisions taken that affect Hearts.  That's really disappointing because I'm closer to Dundee than Edinburgh and some away games are easily accessible for me.

We should investigate an alternative way to support Hearts.  Here's my 'out there' proposal.

Investigate a mechanism whereby Hearts supporters can buy loyalty points for away games based on £10 per point. A maximum of 3 points per game.  We always get loyalty points for away games and I can't think of any game where anyone 'going to the game with a ticket' will pay more than £30.00.

That way we would be seen to be supporting Hearts, rather than those away teams.

Alternatively, we could make a real statement by taking 3000 fans to Dundee, visit the pubs and the cafes, have a sing song outside the main stand, but not buy tickets for the game!  Now that would really sicken them!

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

It's not a trade union organisation , they don't have "rules" on this kind of thing.

People can & will do their own thing either as individuals or through their own club. 

Hopefully going forward they will have some sort of poll or vote on certain important issues, if they don’t then they aren’t really representatives of us on the board.

52 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who should the anger be directed at?

If you’re going to be angry at anyone it should be the SPFL for running a completely shambolic process and our own board for being so negligent that we are bottom after 30 games. 

Don’t get me wrong Scottish football has managed to totally outdo themselves in the embarrassment stakes throughout this whole thing but was anyone not aware that our leagues are run by incompetent boobs? 

Anyone that goes to away games is putting cash into other clubs, it’s the way it works. I don’t take delight in giving hibs £70 a season, but I do it so I can watch us pump them at Easter Road. 

Folk are free to do what they want, but if you fancy going to an away day just do it and enjoy yourself. Giving the opposition money to attend is just a necessary part of doing it, always has been. 

As for putting the equivalent cash into Hearts or FOH, I give them enough of my money already and the cretins running the club have pissed it up the wall (for the most part). 

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Just a thought:

There will always be supporters who want to go and support the team   I have no issue with that.  I went home and away for 25 years and enjoyed every game and ground.  I pick my away games these days. I for one won't be attending any away games at any club complicit in any of the decisions taken that affect Hearts.  That's really disappointing because I'm closer to Dundee than Edinburgh and some away games are easily accessible for me.

We should investigate an alternative way to support Hearts.  Here's my 'out there' proposal.

Investigate a mechanism whereby Hearts supporters can buy loyalty points for away games based on £10 per point. A maximum of 3 points per game.  We always get loyalty points for away games and I can't think of any game where anyone 'going to the game with a ticket' will pay more than £30.00.

That way we would be seen to be supporting Hearts, rather than those away teams.

Alternatively, we could make a real statement by taking 3000 fans to Dundee, visit the pubs and the cafes, have a sing song outside the main stand, but not buy tickets for the game!  Now that would really sicken them!

Im up for that. Football gets in the way of a good peev anyway😋👍🏼

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, The Fonz said:

If you’re going to be angry at anyone it should be the SPFL for running a completely shambolic process and our own board for being so negligent that we are bottom after 30 games. 

Don’t get me wrong Scottish football has managed to totally outdo themselves in the embarrassment stakes throughout this whole thing but was anyone not aware that our leagues are run by incompetent boobs? 

Anyone that goes to away games is putting cash into other clubs, it’s the way it works. I don’t take delight in giving hibs £70 a season, but I do it so I can watch us pump them at Easter Road. 

Folk are free to do what they want, but if you fancy going to an away day just do it and enjoy yourself. Giving the opposition money to attend is just a necessary part of doing it, always has been. 

As for putting the equivalent cash into Hearts or FOH, I give them enough of my money already and the cretins running the club have pissed it up the wall (for the most part). 

Of course everyone is free to go if they want, ER is my favourite away ground because of the results we’ve had there (usually try to get a student or kids ticket to give them less now it’s scanned 🤫).
I don’t think anyone is not aware that Budge and her loyalty towards Levein are at fault for the position we find ourselves in. We all give a lot of money to the club and hopefully going forward we will spend it more wisely.

What other way can we punish the SPFL and it’s members apart from boycotting their clubs and starving them of much needed cash?
I have enough anger and hatred to go round to everyone that deserves it.

Don’t see it as a boycott but more a redirection of funds towards financially helping our club through a period where our income will drop dramatically by being expelled to the championship.

We should show our own self interest here by pumping every penny each individual can realistically afford into HMFC without putting ourselves & family‘s finances at risk.

Giving away day match day income to clubs who contributed to our expulsion whether it be through their own self interest, or for the reason the vermin did, just does not sit right with me.

Only, & always Hearts first, will be my primary concern for the foreseeable future.
FTSPFL & FTH

Nookie Bear
37 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Up to you but calling Morton a “paradise of away days” is pushing it 😁

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Just a thought:

Absolutely, maybe some sort of discount with your ST in the shop or bar too? Pay forward onto your card, we used to have that behind the bar in the golf club, you could put money into the club and get it back later. Loyalty points for purchases in the shop etc.Anything that gets money into the club.

north wales jambo

As someone who does not live local, or has any ties as such to Edinburgh/Scotland I appreciate there are many thousands of fans to. Which Hearts mean more to  As a family, or sometimes friends we usually get to about 10 games a season. Away days were chosen for new grounds to visit and to increase our loyalty points. My point on this and it’s just my view, I won’t set foot in another away ground whilst this unjust shambles carries on, how hearts can be expelled from a league, whilst said league is only about 75% complete is a farce. People should forget we’re bottom, forget ratio of points to games played there were still 24 points to play for. I agree with a previous poster, yes Ann Budge has made mistakes, we all have opinions of what they are, but why give for example Dunfermline  upwards of £60,000 whilst  clubs like this are prepared to vote yes on an spfl farce. Of course know one knows when football with fans will resume, but going to East end park twice in a season would give that club over £120,000, think of that people. Now I see some fans and it is there right to say it, that they would still go to away games to support the team, me personally I’d rather go to Tynecastle with a hostile atmosphere with a sense of wrongdoing against us and provide support for the team that way. Whoever is the manager at the time should utilise some of the local players and other lads and drum it into them the need to man up at away grounds dig in and get results. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of course everyone is free to go if they want, ER is my favourite away ground because of the results we’ve had there (usually try to get a student or kids ticket to give them less now it’s scanned 🤫).
I don’t think anyone is not aware that Budge and her loyalty towards Levein are at fault for the position we find ourselves in. We all give a lot of money to the club and hopefully going forward we will spend it more wisely.

What other way can we punish the SPFL and it’s members apart from boycotting their clubs and starving them of much needed cash?
I have enough anger and hatred to go round to everyone that deserves it.

I’m another one for the student ticket when possible, amazing that it’s taken me 10 years to get my honours 🤔 

In terms of what we do to punish the SPFL, I have no idea. It’s just one of those things, I think most of Scottish footy all is unanimous in thinking that the people running it are backwards but you can’t really change it.

Like when Edinburgh City Council do stupid things. We all know they are diddies, but the system isn’t adept to change or innovation so we end up with the same shite. 

If you look at it rationally there isn’t much of a case for putting your money into Scottish football, it’s fundamentally broken. It is what it is, I’ve long accepted that so just going to enjoy it where possible (although Hearts make it very difficult). 

1 hour ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Its a personal choice but I will not step foot in the ground of a team who voted us out the league. I retire this year and would love to visit some place I have never been before but I will not help line the pockets of clubs who acted in self interest and could not do the only fair thing.  Not a chance

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

I’m another one for the student ticket when possible, amazing that it’s taken me 10 years to get my honours 🤔 

In terms of what we do to punish the SPFL, I have no idea. It’s just one of those things, I think most of Scottish footy all is unanimous in thinking that the people running it are backwards but you can’t really change it.

Like when Edinburgh City Council do stupid things. We all know they are diddies, but the system isn’t adept to change or innovation so we end up with the same shite. 

If you look at it rationally there isn’t much of a case for putting your money into Scottish football, it’s fundamentally broken. It is what it is, I’ve long accepted that so just going to enjoy it where possible (although Hearts make it very difficult). 

Absolutely. In my mind though lets just act like the others have and look after our own interests by giving the club more money, hopefully it will be more enjoyable whenever it comes back.

2 hours ago, braveheart said:

Another one who has recently joined crapping themselves that their club will lose a shed load when hearts fans don,t turn up their stadiums.

Not at all.

1 hour ago, sac said:

Don’t see it as a boycott but more a redirection of funds towards financially helping our club through a period where our income will drop dramatically by being expelled to the championship.

We should show our own self interest here by pumping every penny each individual can realistically afford into HMFC without putting ourselves & family‘s finances at risk.

Giving away day match day income to clubs who contributed to our expulsion whether it be through their own self interest, or for the reason the vermin did, just does not sit right with me.

Only, & always Hearts first, will be my primary concern for the foreseeable future.
FTSPFL & FTH

correct 

Just incase people forget we are going to be down 3 million because of this sham.

Meanwhile the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen will be going from strength to strength. Yeh it’s all well and good skooshing the championship but when we come back are you happy with bottom 6? Are you happy losing derbys? 

Hibs will be able to afford better players than us. Unless of course we recoup some of the money we have lost.

If you would prefer to give that money to Dundee and Dunfermline rather than make hearts financially sound for our return to the premier league then that is on you. Don’t moan when Hibs are pipping us to players.

Suck it up for one season ffs ps I suggest we cut Hibs allocation anyway when we get back they have had their last day out in Gorgie 

Edited by Rods

7 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Each of these clubs will have dictated which stadiums we will be going to next year by voting us out of the top league.

Being complicit in justifying their decision isn’t smart in my opinion.

A football match involving Hearts is like any other football match. You go to support Hearts, who really cares about anything else all said and done. If its SPL games or Championship games then it's 90 minutes of supporting your team no matter where the games are played....in my opinion. If legal action is commenced, can't really see how it will fail to be honest.

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Cheerleaders

any thing to add? 

Decent beer in the pop up bars would be a bonus.

BelgeJambo
1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Decent beer in the pop up bars would be a bonus.

Jupiler then 😂😂😂

Edited by BelgeJambo

If we are in The Championship next season( whenever that may be ) ICT will be the only away ground I would go to, the rest can go feck themselves. 

The folk on here dying to away games are the same folk who will be greeting when Hibs pip is to a player as they have more money. 

Its simple do you care about Hearts long term future or a jolly up in Dundee or Dunfermline 

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Jupiler then 😂😂😂

I said decent........but I suppose Jupiler is better than the muck they serve up in the 1874 bar.

BelgeJambo
3 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I said decent........but I suppose Jupiler is better than the muck they serve up in the 1874 bar.

I hope you are social distancing 😂😂