Boycott away games / strengthen foh / Hearts First

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

One way we could hit teams hard while strengthening foh is boycott away games and the money we all save from that put into foh and that would go a long way to making up for cash we are going to lose! Heart of Midlothian first and bugger the rest 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Rods

• Nookie Bear

been here before
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

One way we could hit teams hard while strengthening foh is boycott away games and the money we all save from that put into foh and that would go a long way to making up for cash we are going to lose! Heart of Midlothian first and bugget the rest 

Aye?

Amazed no-ones mentioned that.

Just say we do go down and come back first attempt. Back in the top flight we then go on a run that see us be very competitive at the top. Really think the hearts away end will be empty?

Edited by Mr 3 Putt

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

One way we could hit teams hard while strengthening foh is boycott away games and the money we all save from that put into foh and that would go a long way to making up for cash we are going to lose! Heart of Midlothian first and bugger the rest 

Fair enough but where does supporting the team to help us get right back up to the premiership come into all of this (assuming we go down obviously).

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Mr 3 Putt said:

Just say we do go down and come back first attempt. Back in the top flight we then go on a run that see us be very competitive at the top. Really think the hearts away will be empty?

Personally I'm done with putting money through turnstiles of any other club except the ones who voted for integrity but money I save from away days for myself and my 2 kids will go to foh to strengthen hearts 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, 1953 said:

Fair enough but where does supporting the team to help us get right back up to the premiership come into all of this (assuming we go down obviously).

Well if cash going to foh obviously be more money for better quality players 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, hueyview said:

So, is going down... Not relegation being seen as what's going to happen...

Looks very much like it

Holyrood_Hearts
15 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

100% totally ****ing agree. I’d happy go to any club that voted No or helped us out when we were in financial trouble but the rest can go **** themselves. We’ve been shafted big time 

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

“Hearts First“ should be our motto from now on. Get it on all our communications. 

I agree. Maybe not the thread for it but we need a far bigger fan representation than the FOH currently offer/partake in. If that was the case I’d be far happier about increasing my pledge. 

queensferryjambo
34 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You can also buy from the club shop or sponsor a player (even youth players). That way cash goes direct to Hearts.

I vowed to sponsor players instead of going to away games years ago (probably 2013 when some money went to a ring fenced fund and other money went directly to the club) so cash went to Hearts and Hearts only.

I done the sponsorship but did keep going to away games, this time round I am determined not to ever give a penny to any club again unless I have to (like semifinal or final on neutral ground). 

I will make a point however of going to away games for the teams who supported us - which isn't many.

Yeah pretty okay with this. 

The complete selfishness shown by the other clubs is an absolute disgrace. Doncaster should have been senting packing for having the brass neck to try and put that to a vote in the first place. 

51 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Or just bypass FoH and donate it straight to the club. That will be the route I take. 

Pasquale for King

I’m in, i won’t even be going to the places where clubs that voted Yes play, or buying stuff from there. Basically anything to do with these clubs will be boycotted, bitter & twisted yes. Petty, possibly. Do I give a ****, no.

Edited by Pasquale for King

I wish the FOH had been a bit more vocal about this. I know the terms are pretty much just to act as a funding vehicle - i.e trust Budge to get on with it, whilst I agree with that to a point, there needs to be a line where actions are running in contrary to the fans wishes. 

Meekly accepting demotion isn't something the fans are happy with, and then legitimising the SPFL's position by agreeing to participate in this reconstruction farce. 

I think this element of the foundations role in the club needs tweaked a little bit. Accountability.

Can't we at least mount a campaign to challenge this 11-1 voting fiasco.  Can't clubs including Hearts see that this simply has the effect that if the OF doesn't want something to happen, it won't happen.

19 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

where can i see the list who voted yes/no ?

Rangers, Hearts 

Inverness, Partick Thistle 

Falkirk, East Fife, Stranraer, Edinburgh City 

Everyone else voted Yes 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers, Hearts 

Everyone else voted Yes 

thanks mate 

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers, Hearts 

Everyone else voted Yes 

Cheers mate, the rest can do one. Not a penny to them.

In support of the maroon pound and not those who voted for the shamrock pound. 

TRFC/ICT/PTFC/EFFC/FFC/ECFC/SFC

Will get my maroon pound, no one else apart from HMFC. RAM the Scottish Cup.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers, Hearts 

Everyone else voted Yes 

That’s the only teams who will ever see a penny from me.

13 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

been said before . Agree 100% 

Im not even willing to go to the cup semi and give that vermin scum  50% of my ticket money.

they are lapping this up

manaliveits105

We will still be in premier league but definitely starve them all especially the vermin snakes if they still exist 

20 minutes ago, Uche said:

Cringe, cringe, cringe.  

And there lies the problem. It was the same when the Levein out protests were trying to gain support on here. People calling the cringey, rather than supporting getting rid of him. Slagging off fellow fans rather than protesting to make things better. The apathy among hearts supporters is bad enough without going out of your way to put folk down as soon as a protest thread gets started. 

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And there lies the problem. It was the same when the Levein out protests were trying to gain support on here. People calling the cringey, rather than supporting getting rid of him. Slagging off fellow fans rather than protesting to make things better. The apathy among hearts supporters is bad enough without going out of your way to put folk down as soon as a protest thread gets started. 

Well you failed then.

Your failure. Should everyone blame you then?

Couldn't be arsed organising a protest. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Gordon Ramsay

I like the idea but never going to happen. 

If we do go down I would expect us to start the season well and naturally people will want to go to games home and away. Feel good factor will return and this will all be forgotten about. 

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well you failed then.

There was a protest behind the Main Stand after a game, remember, but this place instantly fixated on a snmall minority of UJ-waving tits.

The time to act was well gone by then, but the fans knew.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

If we do go down I would expect us to start the season well and naturally people will want to go to games home and away. Feel good factor will return and this will all be forgotten about. 

Yes, unfortunately. The antagionism needed to kick up a fuss about this needs to come from the top and it just is not in Ann's make-up to be petty or remain bitter.

I'm talking reduced allocations and exorbitant entry prices for away fans at Tynie. Make it clear to Hearts fans they can donate money to FoH rather than attend away games etc - provide a link on the website to make that payment easier when you go to buy tickets etc

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well you failed then.

I completely understand people can’t be arsed. What I don’t get is why people log on to protest threads and moan about people trying to do something and complain about cringe. It’s one thing not feeling motivated to do something and quite another thing to go out your way to discourage others. 

edit: which is pretty much what I said in the first post.

Edited by GinRummy

Gordon Ramsay
17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes, unfortunately. The antagionism needed to kick up a fuss about this needs to come from the top and it just is not in Ann's make-up to be petty or remain bitter.

I'm talking reduced allocations and exorbitant entry prices for away fans at Tynie. Make it clear to Hearts fans they can donate money to FoH rather than attend away games etc - provide a link on the website to make that payment easier when you go to buy tickets etc

Yep. She doesn't have the stomach for it and sadly this cascades down to our players and some of our supporters. 

14 hours ago, 1953 said:

If our away form over the large number of years actually was inpressive you would have a point but its not! Our form both at home and away is pitiful but our loyal support travelling to games has not seen a positive effect on the players so whilst not a fan of simply boycotting away grounds (a bid childish IMHO) if there was actually a point to that, I for one, would back it....

Nookie Bear
14 hours ago, 1953 said:

Would be easy enough to communicate to the players that this is not a protest against the players, but at other clubs and we will be there in numbers at Tynie to back them.

kylelauren01

Let’s be honest here, as hard as it may be to accept, Hearts, Partick and Stranraer didn’t vote our of integrity or for the greater good, they all voted to save their own skins. Falkirk, Edinburgh City and Inverness also voted to further their own causes, as teams who had been denied the chance of promotion - either through straight promotion or via play offs. The only team in the ‘no’ camp who had little to gain were East Fife who had slipped off the pace. Rangers voted to stop 9iar. To paint any of these teams as the saviour of the game as we know it, is absolute manure as, had roles been reversed, all of the above would 100% gone down the “I’m alright Jack”, show me the money, route. 

For me, I’ll keep giving to Hearts but won’t be denying myself a Saturday at whatever away games when I’m not working, so in terms of the thread, and it might not be the popular option, but I’m out.

It's just commonsense to direct available funds to Hearts. 

If people donate the cost of an away ticket to Hearts/FOH that is about 500k over the course of the season. 

Things are going to be tight cash wise we need to look after ourselves. 

No one else is. 

Come along to Tynecastle on away days spend the money and meet your mates in the bar at the ground. 

If enough people do this the club will likely open hospitality suites to meet demand. 

Could be a nice earner for the club. 

1 hour ago, Uche said:

Cringe, cringe, cringe.  

I really feel as a club we should have been more respectful to hibs. We should have made our intentions more honourable. Even the odd weekend away in Paris or Rome. 

Its only fair considering how many times you’ve let us ride you. 

26 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I really feel as a club we should have been more respectful to hibs. We should have made our intentions more honourable. Even the odd weekend away in Paris or Rome. 

Its only fair considering how many times you’ve let us ride you. 

Maybe he should change his username 

to Ouch 😁

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

If our away form over the large number of years actually was inpressive you would have a point but its not! Our form both at home and away is pitiful but our loyal support travelling to games has not seen a positive effect on the players so whilst not a fan of simply boycotting away grounds (a bid childish IMHO) if there was actually a point to that, I for one, would back it....

I also think it's a bit childish as the other championship clubs voted to get their hands on much needed cash as per the way the SPFL engineered the vote, and not specifically to take us down, but assuming that we're talking about the championship for next season, the whole thing will be, imo, very different and I would hope that we will start winning more away games and lets face it we'll have to if we want to get back up again. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

+1

Totally agree,  should be strong on this. 

Not averse to gathering outside opposition stadium either having a sing song,  just don't go in and pay the cash. 

Send one man in to stream it

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's just commonsense to direct available funds to Hearts. 

If people donate the cost of an away ticket to Hearts/FOH that is about 500k over the course of the season. 

Things are going to be tight cash wise we need to look after ourselves. 

No one else is. 

Come along to Tynecastle on away days spend the money and meet your mates in the bar at the ground. 

If enough people do this the club will likely open hospitality suites to meet demand. 

Could be a nice earner for the club. 

Like the idea of this.

Would it be possible to beam the game live back to Tynecastle? I'd imagine this would be popular, generate a few quid for the club and hit the home teams coffers hard (guess there would be some sort of cost to broadcast the game mind).