Boycott away games / strengthen foh / Hearts First

Selkirkhmfc1874

Cruickshankforscotland

This is a sound idea. But as mentioned a bit difficult to organise. Certainly worth trying to make a meaningful protest like this. I’m fairly certain clubs would vote to get “a little earner” like Hearts into their league. A few weeks back the Forfar chairman said they did not vote yes for the money, then went on to say how much they would profit from getting Partick Thistle into their league and also keep Falkirk there as well. Cold hard calculation on their part. 
If Hearts fans boycott these away games it would stymie that kind of thinking/planning. As said the benefit could then be directed to FOH/HMFC.

We can all appreciate that some fans want to go to every game, and all credit to them. Again if it could be organised might be worth a small number of Jambos going to each away game. Say, 2 bus loads, or about 100 fans. Means the away club have to open turnstiles, provide security, (put on pies - which no one should buy!). In other words put them to the expense of catering for away fans without getting the larger revenues they will all be expecting. Worth a try, at the start of any campaign anyway?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Rods

• 1971fozzy

Saint Jambo

I totally understand this position and no issue with fans who go down this route but don't expect it to get anywhere near universal backing. Supporting your team is meant to be fun after all and for lots of fans away days are particularly enjoyable. Another season in the Championship will be grim. For many the chance to go to grounds that you don't get to often with be one of few up sides.

If I'm honest my ire is mainly for the Premier teams and SPFL exec board and senior staff. Those are the ones that run a sports body but prioritised finance above sport. When we are back in the top flight, a one season boycott of the smaller teams might get decent backing. Time limited and targeted at those for who our visits are a genuine financial boost.

Man City have anti-UEFA protests at their European games. I think something like that would be worthwhile aimed at the SPFL. Keep reminding them how they cheated us. Chants, banners, booing their officials, etc. Aim abuse at their sponsors. Create an us against the world atmosphere again. I'd also like to see the club get petty with them. Ban all SPFL representatives from Tynecastle. If we have to let them in under the rules, give them the worst seats available rather than comfy directors box seats. For League Cup games if we are required to take part in media send out a ballboy for interviews. If we go on to win the Championship, refuse to physically accept the trophy or flag. Rather than have our players take part in the winners team photo, get 11 of our fans out of the stand to be in it while giving the world the finger. As I say, totally petty making clear our total disdain for the amateurs at the SPFL.

On 24/04/2020 at 09:11, Gordon Ramsay said:

I like the idea but never going to happen. 

If we do go down I would expect us to start the season well and naturally people will want to go to games home and away. Feel good factor will return and this will all be forgotten about. 

yep and shame on them

Stephane Grappelli

Boycotting sounds rather Sevcoish to me. Our players will want and sometimes need a large and vocal away support and there are folk who support the team home and away regardless.

If people want to do this but still make a point they could buy away tickets but nothing else. No programmes, food or anything that helps fund the home club.

TyphoonJambo
13 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Boycotting sounds rather Sevcoish to me. Our players will want and sometimes need a large and vocal away support and there are folk who support the team home and away regardless.

If people want to do this but still make a point they could buy away tickets but nothing else. No programmes, food or anything that helps fund the home club.

It was simpler in the 70s,we'd just go there and tear the place apart. Naughty i know but said in jest, was true though. 

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

This has been done to death- sevco don’t own a boycott - these clubs have voted that we take one for the team, that we are sacrificed for their own good

I’ll be ****ing dead before I give another penny to one of these clubs.. 

Even without the grudge factor. 

Why give money to other teams when our own club will need all the cash it can get ? 

Up to the individual of course but that's my view and I think I'll still feel the same when football resumes. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Why give money to other teams when our own club will need all the cash it can get ? 

Up to the individual of course but that's my view and I think I'll still feel the same when football resumes. 

Sensible. Well said.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

This has been done to death- sevco don’t own a boycott - these clubs have voted that we take one for the team, that we are sacrificed for their own good

Spot on the Rangers one was based on rubbish they we’re not expelled they were liquidated and come back in at the correct starting point.

This is not a boycott. Hearts will be down 3 million pound at the best estimate if we are demoted. 

We should be looking to recoup that money. We also may need money in the future. It’s a simple matter of who will need the money more. Hearts or say Dundee?

Its clear self preservation in these tough times is the best method. We are getting no help from other teams infact they seem to be taking delight that it us that will be getting hammered. 

Make your decision how you see it but I think Hearts will need the money more. 

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don't recall saying Sevco owned boycotting my pal, I'm sure the concept has been around much longer than their old or new clubs have been in existence. My point is that in this instance it just comes across as a bit naff and entitled and more in line with them or their old firm partners.

I don't think we should stop following Hearts away from home just because we feel hard done by. A sense of grievance is understandable but let's channel it in the right way.

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

It was simpler in the 70s,we'd just go there and tear the place apart. Naughty i know but said in jest, was true though. 

Aye, those were the days!

David McCaig
20 minutes ago, Rods said:

Spot on the Rangers one was based on rubbish they we’re not expelled they were liquidated and come back in at the correct starting point.

This is not a boycott. Hearts will be down 3 million pound at the best estimate if we are demoted. 

We should be looking to recoup that money. We also may need money in the future. It’s a simple matter of who will need the money more. Hearts or say Dundee?

Its clear self preservation in these tough times is the best method. We are getting no help from other teams infact they seem to be taking delight that it us that will be getting hammered. 

I will be boycotting every away game bar Inverness.

I will be supporting Hearts by making a donation to FoH equivalent to 1 adult and 2 child tickets for each match I Boycott.

On the basis of 16 away matches boycotted @ £40 per match, that should equate to an additional £640 to FoH over a season.

26 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I don't recall saying Sevco owned boycotting my pal, I'm sure the concept has been around much longer than their old or new clubs have been in existence. My point is that in this instance it just comes across as a bit naff and entitled and more in line with them or their old firm partners.

I don't think we should stop following Hearts away from home just because we feel hard done by. A sense of grievance is understandable but let's channel it in the right way.

Channel it in the right way is correct. Funding our own club rather than other clubs. It’s been made clear that everyone is out for themselves. 

There is also the future to think about who knows what is round the corner a 2nd wave next year. It’s not about a boycott it’s about Hearts. 

42 minutes ago, Rods said:

👍

36 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

You think giving other clubs our money when our own club will be potless is channelling our grevience in the right way ? 🤔 

Selkirkhmfc1874
16 minutes ago, Rods said:

Channel it in the right way is correct. Funding our own club rather than other clubs. It’s been made clear that everyone is out for themselves. 

There is also the future to think about who knows what is round the corner a 2nd wave next year. It’s not about a boycott it’s about Hearts. 

Exactly Hearts First bugger everybody else 

David McCaig
31 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I will be boycotting every away game bar Inverness.

I will be supporting Hearts by making a donation to FoH equivalent to 1 adult and 2 child tickets for each match I Boycott.

On the basis of 16 away matches boycotted @ £40 per match, that should equate to an additional £640 to FoH over a season.

FoH, should offer a separate pot to place this money in, so we can see exactly how much money has been diverted to Hearts and away from the clubs who have betrayed us.

Those saying it won’t get universal backing are right and I don’t go to many away games so it’s not really a decision for me. 

What I would say is Hearts supporters money needs to stay at hearts. I’d hope people would at least give it some thought and not just dismiss it out of hand. It would make a real statement of zero hearts fans showed up at some grounds. Create a real siege mentality.

50 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Who says this isn’t the right way? It has the huge advantage of keeping Hearts fans money solely with Hearts. I don’t see any valid connection to the old firm and don’t see why it is in any way naff. 

I do think there is a tendency on kickback to be very dismissive of any proposed fan protest and I’m not sure why. (That bit not aimed at you in any way).

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

the right way will be to direct the money we would have spent going away and spending it on Hearts. That can be done via FOH or possibly with the club organising something at Tynecastle where we can still meet up with mates for a drink on 'away' days. Why give maroon pounds to the competition when we will need every pounds ourselves.

maroonsgotop
41 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Those saying it won’t get universal backing are right and I don’t go to many away games so it’s not really a decision for me. 

What I would say is Hearts supporters money needs to stay at hearts. I’d hope people would at least give it some thought and not just dismiss it out of hand. It would make a real statement of zero hearts fans showed up at some grounds. Create a real siege mentality.

correct. Get that message out loud and clear including to the players. Really think we could something set up at Tynecastle for the 'away games. When we're playing in Fife etc the players could come back, get mom awards etc etc.etc

22games nro

not one single penny to any of these clubs.

id also like us to turn into a really nasty club, only team that matters is us and to hell with everyone else ,  don’t get concerned who we upset , give very little,if any tickets to visiting fans, ignore their directors, give them the very basic ‘hospitality’ when they come , none if we can .

to hell with them all. 
it’s time for Hearts to put hearts 1st for a change .

17 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

correct. Get that message out loud and clear including to the players. Really think we could something set up at Tynecastle for the 'away games. When we're playing in Fife etc the players could come back, get mom awards etc etc.etc

Any ideas like that should get serious consideration. I don’t know how feasible hosting reserve games or youth games on the morning of a match, in order to get our football fix would be. I used to go to the odd reserve game at Tynecastle in the 80s. 

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

correct.

and it starts when I get my refund for the Livingston (a) game that was postponed. £25 Hearts can keep.

likewise I will do the same for the away games I’d go to

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How do we get the message out there.

Website would be the obvious one for me if anybody has the skills and  wants to do it. 

Not sure about Hearts First but a name would be good. 

willie wallace

I understand the urge to boycott away games but regardless of what league we are in I think the team would need our support just as much as ever.

Especially if we are in the championship. l do not have the same confidence as others do that we would stroll it like last time.

A big Hearts support at smaller grounds could make all the difference.

David McCaig
Just now, willie wallace said:

I understand the urge to boycott away games but regardless of what league we are in I think the team would need our support just as much as ever.

Especially if we are in the championship. l do not have the same confidence as others do that we would stroll it like last time.

A big Hearts support at smaller grounds could make all the difference.

We packed out St Mirren’s ground... and it made sod all difference.

David McCaig
48 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

correct.

and it starts when I get my refund for the Livingston (a) game that was postponed. £25 Hearts can keep.

likewise I will do the same for the away games I’d go to

For this method of boycotting to be effective its important that FoH find a way of capturing the financial benefit to Hearts ie. a separate boycott fund that we can make one off donations too.

As I said above the contribution just for me and my kids would be £640 over the course of a season.

willie wallace
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

We packed out St Mirren’s ground... and it made sod all difference.

Fair enough.Can't really argue with that.

I am just hoping that a complete new start will make the difference.

David McCaig
Just now, willie wallace said:

Fair enough.Can't really argue with that.

I am just hoping that a complete new start will make the difference.

Sadly as our high basic salary pay structure has shown... players are much more interested in scrapping for a win bonus, than fighting to reward a loyal support at a club that pays them well!!!

willie wallace
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Sadly as our high basic salary pay structure has shown... players are much more interested in scrapping for a win bonus, than fighting to reward a loyal support at a club that pays them well!!!

I am kind of hoping most of them will be gone by the time we play our next game.

Stephane Grappelli
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

You think giving other clubs our money when our own club will be potless is channelling our grevience in the right way ? 🤔 

Not what I'm saying mate. Not sure if folk are deliberately misunderstanding or just putting words in my mouth.

Can you put a price on three points? Far more chance of achieving that with a full away end but it's up to each fan what they want to do.

Stephane Grappelli
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Who says this isn’t the right way? It has the huge advantage of keeping Hearts fans money solely with Hearts. I don’t see any valid connection to the old firm and don’t see why it is in any way naff. 

I do think there is a tendency on kickback to be very dismissive of any proposed fan protest and I’m not sure why. (That bit not aimed at you in any way).

Cheers mate.

I totally get folk wanting to protest and also wanting to give more money to Hearts and not the opposition.  Doing what I suggested folk could still back the team but not give any extra money to the opposition.

Also not trying to say that we've been dealt with appallingly here. It's Sod's law that this thing has struck when we're having one of our worst ever seasons in the league and just happened to be bottom when the music stopped. 

3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Cheers mate.

I totally get folk wanting to protest and also wanting to give more money to Hearts and not the opposition.  Doing what I suggested folk could still back the team but not give any extra money to the opposition.

Also not trying to say that we've been dealt with appallingly here. It's Sod's law that this thing has struck when we're having one of our worst ever seasons in the league and just happened to be bottom when the music stopped. 

I certainly agree that there should be a concerted effort not to give them any extra cash. I don’t think it goes far enough and I would loge to see some sort of fan movement in the form of a boycott. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

For this method of boycotting to be effective its important that FoH find a way of capturing the financial benefit to Hearts ie. a separate boycott fund that we can make one off donations too.

As I said above the contribution just for me and my kids would be £640 over the course of a season.

Im sure FOH were about to release an app. 
One way of this working would be a simple choice on the app to donate in an ‘away fund’ account. Separate from our monthly pledges and more as a one off donation pot.

I don’t go to all the away games but go to about 60-70% 

Edited by 1971fozzy

On 23/04/2020 at 23:06, Gambo said:

In support of the maroon pound and not those who voted for the shamrock pound. 

TRFC/ICT/PTFC/EFFC/FFC/ECFC/SFC

Will get my maroon pound, no one else apart from HMFC. RAM the Scottish Cup.

This last point is important. It should be made clear by the club that season 2019/20 is either over or it is not. 
If we don’t get to play our remaining league games and they demote us, the Scottish Cup will have only 3 semi-finalists.

Edit: I’m fully aware this will cost the club money, the principal is worth it.

Edited by Pistol1874

David McCaig
27 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Im sure FOH were about to release an app. 
One way of this working would be a simple choice on the app to donate in an ‘away fund’ account. Separate from our monthly pledges and more as a one off donation pot.

I don’t go to all the away games but go to about 60-70% 

That’s pretty much what I’m thinking

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Spot on

Dont see it as a boycott see it as a looking after our own back pocket.

When we are demoted I would prefer to see Hearts in good health when we come back up.

We will lose a lot of revenue due to our expulsion we have no choice but to make it up.

Here is another example we are promoted but our main competitors for players when we return are Aberdeen and Hibs. They will have more money than us to get these players due to their premier league prize money. The extra cash that goes to Hearts will benefit us in the long term. We have to compensate for the shortfall caused by this demotion. 

The same people arguing against this will be the same people moaning when our top targets go to Easter Road or Pittodrie due to money. 

Next season Hearts will need it more than Dundee etc. It’s no longer about boycotts it’s about self preservation. 

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Spot on

Dont see it as a boycott see it as a looking after our own back pocket.

When we are demoted I would prefer to see Hearts in good health when we come back up.

We will lose a lot of revenue due to our expulsion we have no choice but to make it up.

Here is another example we are promoted but our main competitors for players when we return are Aberdeen and Hibs. They will have more money than us to get these players due to their premier league prize money. The extra cash that goes to Hearts will benefit us in the long term. We have to compensate for the shortfall caused by this demotion. 

The same people arguing against this will be the same people moaning when our top targets go to Easter Road or Pittodrie due to money. 

Next season Hearts will need it more than Dundee etc. It’s no longer about boycotts it’s about self preservation. 

That's the way I see it as well. 👍

7 hours ago, 22games nro said:

not one single penny to any of these clubs.

id also like us to turn into a really nasty club, only team that matters is us and to hell with everyone else ,  don’t get concerned who we upset , give very little,if any tickets to visiting fans, ignore their directors, give them the very basic ‘hospitality’ when they come , none if we can .

to hell with them all. 
it’s time for Hearts to put hearts 1st for a change .

I’d love to see our own directors boycott the away games and have them sit with the fans at the SC semi and and LC games. We should be united on ALL fronts and not just some of us, ALL of us

On 23/04/2020 at 20:58, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers, Hearts 

Inverness, Partick Thistle 

Falkirk, East Fife, Stranraer, Edinburgh City 

Everyone else voted Yes 

The only away games I'll be going to in the future.

Anonymous benefactor
On 23/04/2020 at 21:58, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers, Hearts 

Inverness, Partick Thistle 

Falkirk, East Fife, Stranraer, Edinburgh City 

Everyone else voted Yes 

So if relegation is confirmed only go to Inverness?

What about cup matches where gates are split?

• 2 weeks later...
Hearts007
On 26/04/2020 at 18:08, luckydug said:

I also think if/when we are promoted we should keep the initiative up in the Premier league as well. 

defo