Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have no idea who the mysterious benefactors were or what if any conditions they attached to their donations. Despite Ann's reputation for open-ness.

The only condition that AB has mentioned was a relaxation of the dress code in the benefactor(s) hospitality lounge(s).

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

livingstonjambo
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have no idea who the mysterious benefactors were or what if any conditions they attached to their donations. Despite Ann's reputation for open-ness.

exactly but they have continued to do it. surely if their wishes hadnt been met they would have stopped?

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You don’t attend agm’s then otherwise you would know 

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Only?

The posts I was replying to were suggesting 11m spent or wasted on players. It was ‘only’ two not 11

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The only condition that AB has mentioned was a relaxation of the dress code in the benefactor(s) hospitality lounge(s).

if that's the condition she's allowed out, i dread to think what the others are

Suso Santana
Just now, soonbe110 said:

The posts I was replying to were suggesting 11m spent or wasted on players. It was ‘only’ two not 11

Pretty hard for the benefactors to spend 11 million on players when they've only put 9 million in.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Profit has nothing to do with it. It’s all about cash and having enough to pay the bills for the next three to four months when we will have no income. Our club costs about £1.25m per month to run. Three to four months times £1.25m is??
if you lost are told tomorrow that you will not receive salary for four months how would you pay your bills? Would you look to your past profit and loss for the answer or the cash in your bank account?  

Or as most other businesses including almost every other football clubs you are in a position to wait until.for example what government support will be available. 

We have either been closer to the brink of cash flow deficit or have misjudged the situation compared to almost every other club. In either case Ann has a few questions to answer.

Suso Santana

What i don't get is the constant blinkers being put on by some fans. 

how many other clubs (other than the old firm) have benefactors ploughing 9 million quid in, how many other clubs have a foundation that the fans plough millions in to? How many other clubs are bottom of the league after all that and are the first to cut players and the staffs wages? 

It's absolutely unbelievable and you still back it up. 

East Lothian Jambo
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Stand isn’t going to cost £24m. Stadium redevelopment spend will be £24 but there’s a lot of things included in that other than the stand. As I said, go and check the stadium cost thread. 

I appreciate pitch cost and Wheatfield undercroft costs will be included.  The overspend on the main stand notwithstanding is vast 

I think that is fairly undeniable

1 minute ago, Suso Santana said:

how many other clubs (other than the old firm) have benefactors ploughing 9 million quid in, how many other clubs have a foundation that the fans plough millions in to? How many other clubs are bottom of the league after all that and are the first to cut players and the staffs wages? 

How many other clubs, apart from Rangers, went into admin and were left with around haf a dozen players and had to restart from virtually scratch?

East Lothian Jambo
5 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

It is fairly hard to comprehend when you consider many clubs, a number of whom we struggle to keep pace with, have vastly inferior income streams and dont have luxury of benefactor/FoH monies over and above turnover. Thinking of Livingston,  St Mirren & Hamilton particularly 

If we go down it's hard to recall similar mismanagement and under achievement on a comparable scale 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I appreciate pitch cost and Wheatfield undercroft costs will be included.  The overspend on the main stand notwithstanding is vast 

Whether you are a Hibbie or not and I suspect you may well be ... spot on. 

livingstonjambo
2 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Seriously mate, go to bed.

I have already told you and explained that the money from the benefactors has been spent on what they want (mainly the stand) and explained at each AGM. All of the FOH money has been placed where the FOH members agreed it should go. We also havent cut anyones wages yet, it was effective 1st April, you bash on though

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How many other clubs, apart from Rangers, went into admin and were left with around haf a dozen players and had to restart from virtually scratch?

Rangers were liquidated.

East Lothian Jambo
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Whether you are a Hibbie or not and I suspect you may well be ... spot on. 

I'm no Hibs supporter my friend. I'm someone who is sickened by what I've witnessed over a sustained period of time. I'm sure a great many feel the same way 

I'd love to know what benefactor(s) have said to AB privately.  They cant be happy at what has happened on numerous levels at the club 

I was of the impression that significant investment would be put into the Academy and we would see young players given significant first team opportunities and hopefully progression elsewhere after 100 games or so. We are absolutely miles away from that being the reality of what we're watching. Instead we have a bloated squad of varying degrees of rubbish which is costing the club a relative fortune with nothing to show for it 

Francis Albert
47 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

correct, the benefactor knew exactly where the money was going

The post you quote doesn't say that

livingstonjambo
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

The post you quote doesn't say that

According to the accounts, the benefactor donations were broken down as follows:

2016/17 - £2.5m to the redevelopment costs

2017/18 - £2m to the redevelopment and £1m to the playing budget

2018/19 - £2.25m to the redevelopment and £1m to the playing budget

2019/20 - £500k (up to the AGM) not specified

this is what I quoted, surely at some point you would stop investing if the club dindt put it where you wanted

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I'm no Hibs supporter my friend. I'm someone who is sickened by what I've witnessed over a sustained period of time. I'm sure a great many feel the same way 

I'd love to know what benefactor(s) have said to AB privately.  They cant be happy at what has happened on numerous levels at the club 

I was of the impression that significant investment would be put into the Academy and we would see young players given significant first team opportunities and hopefully progression elsewhere after 100 games or so. We are absolutely miles away from that being the reality of what we're watching. Instead we have a bloated squad of varying degrees of rubbish which is costing the club a relative fortune with nothing to show for it 

Again you.may or not be a Hibbie but fair comment.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, livingstonjambo said:

According to the accounts, the benefactor donations were broken down as follows:

2016/17 - £2.5m to the redevelopment costs

2017/18 - £2m to the redevelopment and £1m to the playing budget

2018/19 - £2.25m to the redevelopment and £1m to the playing budget

2019/20 - £500k (up to the AGM) not specified

this is what I quoted, surely at some point you would stop investing if the club dindt put it where you wanted

Perhaps they now have.

livingstonjambo
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Perhaps they now have.

perhaps, or it could be due to the worst pandemic in living memory, or are still providing funds

Suso Santana
16 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

It is fairly hard to comprehend when you consider many clubs, a number of whom we struggle to keep pace with, have vastly inferior income streams and dont have luxury of benefactor/FoH monies over and above turnover. Thinking of Livingston,  St Mirren & Hamilton particularly 

If we go down it's hard to recall similar mismanagement and under achievement on a comparable scale 

Thank god, someone else that has their head screwed on. 

livingstonjambo
2 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

neither of you two do, neither of you have responded as to what we should have done as a better solution.

East Lothian Jambo
Just now, Suso Santana said:

Budge has probably done the right thing this week. Others will doubtless follow and some others may make cuts which are deeper 

Where this leaves her when football resumes is another matter. She has made every signal that she wishes to remain in situ after FoH becomes majority shareholder.  I'm not sure if that's entirely appropriate.  It will be interesting to see whether Stewart  Wallace and co have the balls to stand up to her or whether he and others within Foundation are merely subservient to her 

If we step back and look af things prior to the outbreak of Covid-19, I'm really not sure there can be a compelling case made for her to stay on 

We've had every advantage imaginable over majority of clubs in Scotland and failed spectacularly to make the most of those advantages 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Budge has probably done the right thing this week. Others will doubtless follow and some others may make cuts which are deeper 

Where this leaves her when football resumes is another matter. She has made every signal that she wishes to remain in situ after FoH becomes majority shareholder.  I'm not sure if that's entirely appropriate.  It will be interesting to see whether Stewart  Wallace and co have the balls to stand up to her or whether he and others within Foundation are merely subservient to her 

If we step back and look af things prior to the outbreak of Covid-19, I'm really not sure there can be a compelling case made for her to stay on 

We've had every advantage imaginable over majority of clubs in Scotland and failed spectacularly to make the most of those advantages 

Why do.you say she has probably done the right thing this week?

26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Rangers were liquidated.

I am fully aware of this.  Perhaps could have worded it better.

Independence
28 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

Seriously mate, go to bed.

I have already told you and explained that the money from the benefactors has been spent on what they want (mainly the stand) and explained at each AGM. All of the FOH money has been placed where the FOH members agreed it should go. We also havent cut anyones wages yet, it was effective 1st April, you bash on though

Too sensible for some on here. Some don't like the facts!

Independence
20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Again you.may or not be a Hibbie but fair comment.

You appear to be loving this. Sad. Some of your posts are very antagonistic. You clearly enjoy an argument but please take a break for a while?

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why do.you say she has probably done the right thing this week?

Given she has no visibility of when income gets turned back on she probably acted with prudence. How we got to a stage where we have a shortage of cash reserves is probably something she will need to answer 

There may also be a degree of forward thinking in her actions. An opportunity to lose some people from the payroll that we may not be too bothered about were they to leave. Indeed some we may have to incentivise to leave under different circumstances 

Suso Santana
2 minutes ago, Independence said:

Too sensible for some on here. Some don't like the facts!

Mate, the facts are there for all to see. We're a bottom of the league over spending shambles. 

If some numbers from agm make you happy.. I'm not sure there's any way back for you. 

Independence

Mate, the facts are there for all to see. We're a bottom of the league over spending shambles. 

If some numbers from agm make you happy.. I'm not sure there's any way back for you. 

Okay, cheers.

4 minutes ago, Independence said:

You appear to be loving this. Sad. Some of your posts are very antagonistic. You clearly enjoy an argument but please take a break for a while?

Yep Thread has run its course, lets leave Francis & Suso to it

livingstonjambo

its not some number though, you were saying that the benefactors didnt know where the money was going, i have shown they did. I agree our league position is awful but you stating that 9 million of benefactors money and 11 of FOH is a falacy

Suso Santana
Just now, flecktimus said:

Yep Thread has run its course, lets leave Francis & Suso to it

Just give us full control of the club. 

Champions league in no time. 😂

East Lothian Jambo
51 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This time 3 years ago Livingston were in League One. A number of those players from that level are still there. Livingston are well ahead of us despite operating on a fraction if our resources  

There is no justification for what we've seen at Hearts over the last 2 to 3 years. Budge hasn't heeded the warning and we are likely to pay a very heavy price 

1 hour ago, Suso Santana said:

I wasn't complaining about the stadium today or ever, i did mention the over spend on the new stand yesterday, an over spend by 100% i may add. 

If you think none of the benefactors money went on players wages you're living in cloud coo coo land. 

Herd it all now.

Pretty hard for the benefactors to spend 11 million on players when they've only put 9 million in.

Post of a loser

1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

There’s no doubt stand cost more than expected. Many reasons for that both intentional and unintentional. But nothing like £24m. 

59 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Rangers first time round and again now is comparable. Based on what they are spending. Our ‘crap’ has beaten them twice this season, Hamilton have beaten them once. 

Holyrood_Hearts

Either come up with some nonsense to say i'm talking bollocks or bolt. 

Ur talking bollocks & we all can see it 😉

Malinga the Swinga

Is it okay to believe that there is only one person with multiple accounts stirring up shit here. Same person starts out and then is supported by others with post count almost exactly the same amount in quick succession. 

Not Francis Albert though, he has been a grump git for years. In his defence, I am also a grumpy old git.

Add Kris Boyd to the utter ringpiece crew. Although guess he was already in there.

Can't be arsed posting his thoughts in the Sun.

28 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Given she has no visibility of when income gets turned back on she probably acted with prudence. How we got to a stage where we have a shortage of cash reserves is probably something she will need to answer 

There may also be a degree of forward thinking in her actions. An opportunity to lose some people from the payroll that we may not be too bothered about were they to leave. Indeed some we may have to incentivise to leave under different circumstances 

How could she have anticipated the cash reserves required for three to four months without any income coming in?  Can you name another business owner that has anticipated the current situation?  Given the pay cuts she proposed were not to start until April then we clearly have the cash reserves to cover this months bills. It’s just the bills from April 1 onwards that are a potential problem. The club has received virtually no income since March 7 and likely wont receive any significant football income until some time in June or July at the earliest. Is it any surprise that there are cash flow challenges? 

East Lothian Jambo
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How could she have anticipated the cash reserves required for three to four months without any income coming in?  Can you name another business owner that has anticipated the current situation?  Given the pay cuts she proposed were not to start until April then we clearly have the cash reserves to cover this months bills. It’s just the bills from April 1 onwards that are a potential problem. The club has received virtually no income since March 7 and likely wont receive any significant football income until some time in June or July at the earliest. Is it any surprise that there are cash flow challenges? 

The stand overspend has put pressure on the cash reserves.  Its largely depleted them 

We have and have had exceptional inflows over and above turnover. Therefore we've had funds flow into the club way in excess of most other clubs. Our performance comparatively is a disgrace 

Our financial position would be better placed to withstand such unforeseen circumstances had budgeted league placings been achieved in any of the last 3 and soon to be 4 seasons. We've had years of sporting and therefore financial under performance.  Yet our CEO on the face of it hasn't been unduly concerned.  Instead she allowed Levein to add yet more to the budget in August.  She said afterwards the player budget had been breached 

The position we find ourselves in is of concern to us all. When Hearts are on the brink of relegation I think there needs to be scrutiny of those who've overseen such catastrophic under achievement. 

I fully appreciate the uncertainty this unforeseen situation has brought about across the global economy.  We can't overlook what we were facing prior to this event