Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

21 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I am one of the few to bring the real issue to light. I have never run away from anything - including your unending Craig levein love in. And you question my credibility - even you should be ashamed of this statement!!

If you took a few moments to read some of my other posts, instead of looking for an argument you would be better off. You have been very quiet since your now doomed support of the man responsible for wasting millions.

You may wish people have forgotten how foolish you were - but not all of us!!

I thought you were just about to give us your master blueprint.

Oh no, that's not possible, is it?

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes right!!  There wasn’t a £12m overspend on the stand was there?  If you believe that then there is clearly no point in further discussion on the matter. The club didn’t fund all of the stand either did they so not all of your fictional £12m overspend would have been available for other things. You really haven’t got a clue and just use anything remotely negative to continue your constant criticism of the Club. Your posts are a litany of negative comments re the club and the people running it and it’s been going on forever. 

I think there must be a point when you say an overspend is too much whether you are paying it all yourself or using benefactors. That benefactors money could have been allocated elsewhere or remain unused. What value would you put on the overspend and what value is too much over the original budget? 

Edited by Riccarton3

40 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I think that you will find many posters are puzzled that despite donating over £11 million from FOH and the clubs silent investors, we are not in a position to ride out another crisis. 

Can you give us details of our current financial position.

Also how long is this going to last?

The answers will help us, and Hearts, to make a more definitive assessment of the crisis.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I think there must be a point when you say an overspend is too much whether you are paying it all yourself or using benefactors. That benefactors money could have been allocated elsewhere or remain unused. What value would you put on the overspend and what value is too much? 

Nor if the benefactors gave the money for that specific purpose.

tolcross lad
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

1.5m debt to our owner repayable over two years is not even a factor in the current situation, never mind a major factor. 

Of course it is.

The debt may well have grown to around £2m before this crisis.

It could grow considerably over the coming months.Our cuts need to reflect this or we could be looking at a huge debt for the fan owned club.That £2m will be a factor in all of this.

Suso Santana

9 million of benefactor money apparently, wasted. 

I would imagine that they've told budge that they won't be giving her anymore because it has been pissed away down the drain. 

Another reason we've been the first to cut costs. 

It goes on and on mate. 

livingstonjambo
3 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

I would imagine that they've told budge that they won't be giving her anymore because it has been pissed away down the drain. 

It goes on and on mate. 

Well im glad you just proved yourself to be the idiot we all thought you were.

At each AGM the board have told us what the benefactors wanted their money to be spent on.

40 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Quite staggering profit and loss returns  from JB Contracts these last 3 years according to filed accounts at companies house 

2016 - £4197

2017 - £214,450

2018 - £333,384

2019 - £527,531 

Total profit last 3 years £1,075,365. 

Given the vast profit margins these last 3 years then I’d have thought a little family discount would’ve been proffered, given the massive overspend on the stadium. 

I don’t begrudge anyone who’s working hard for these margins but can we honestly say we’ve had value for money on our stadium overspend?

What is noticeable when looking around the stadium pitch side these days is why is there no JB Contracts advertising boards?  This would at least be seen to be putting something back into our clubs fragile accounts imo

I've already pointed this out and the fact that he has numerous advertising boards around Fester Road. He is Hibs thru and thru. 

Suso Santana
Just now, livingstonjambo said:

At each AGM the board have told us what the benefactors wanted their money to be spent on.

I think you're already being more of an idiot than me and that's just one post.

What did they WANT their money to be spent on? it certainly wasn't shite players. 

Holyrood_Hearts
9 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

It goes on and on mate. 

**** sake give it a rest 

Suso Santana
Just now, Holyrood_Hearts said:

**** sake give it a rest 

Either come up with some nonsense to say i'm talking bollocks or bolt. 

livingstonjambo
2 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

What did they WANT their money to be spent on? it certainly wasn't shite players. 

so 30 minutes ago you were complaining about the overspend on the stadium and that the benefactors would be upset to see. where the money went. The money went to the stadium as per their request, but you bash on with your agenda

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I've already pointed this out and the fact that he has numerous advertising boards around Fester Road. He is Hibs thru and thru. 

You’re not suggesting his sister pulled any favours for him though and that he did win the contract fairly and squarely are you? Well if my sister was CEO at Easter Road and got me the contract to rebuild a stand at Fester road, I’d get it right up the vermin and rape them for as much as I could get away with, with the hope that this would weaken their playing budget and give my team an advantage over them in the budget stakes.....wait a minute....you’re not thinking what I’m thinking as I’ve just had a eureka moment based on your assumptions? 

Suso Santana
Just now, livingstonjambo said:

so 30 minutes ago you were complaining about the overspend on the stadium and that the benefactors would be upset to see. where the money went. The money went to the stadium as per their request, but you bash on with your agenda

I wasn't complaining about the stadium today or ever, i did mention the over spend on the new stand yesterday, an over spend by 100% i may add. 

If you think none of the benefactors money went on players wages you're living in cloud coo coo land. 

livingstonjambo
1 minute ago, Suso Santana said:

I wasn't complaining about the stadium today or ever, i did mention the over spend on the new stand yesterday, an over spend by 100% i may add. 

If you think none of the benefactors money went on players wages you're living in cloud coo coo land. 

so stating the overspend on the new stand isnt mentioning the stadium....... surely the stand is part of the stadium. Im saying as per each AGM the money the benefactors have provided has been spent as per their wishes. go look it up, why would the keep giving money if that wasnt the case

I don't think it was even up for tender mate. Your right shoe on other foot I'd screw them into the ground with great delight to. 

Footballfirst

According to the accounts, the benefactor donations were broken down as follows:

2016/17 - £2.5m to the redevelopment costs

2017/18 - £2m to the redevelopment and £1m to the playing budget

2018/19 - £2.25m to the redevelopment and £1m to the playing budget

2019/20 - £500k (up to the AGM) not specified

livingstonjambo
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

According to the accounts, the benefactor donations were broken down as follows:

correct, the benefactor knew exactly where the money was going

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

I am not sure that was actually said at any AGM.

Suso Santana
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

We all know that businesses like to make it look better than it is. 

It was probably 9 million on maulary martin, ok too far. 

I

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It’s sickening the potential that money had to put the club in a much, much better place on the park and a much better main stand.  I don’t think it’s the time or the thread for such debate though.  I can see why people get frustrated and I don’t understand why a lot of people don’t seem to care. 

gorgie rd eh11

I

And we all know there are ***** trying to create negativity at every turn. 👍

Randy Marsh
52 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Fair play bud,  

Suso was underrated and didn't get enough game time imo.

We could have done with a player like him this season but i reckon levein wouldn't have played him cos he's a clueless nob jockey.

We had a similar a type player to Suso in Milinkovic.  He had pace and a creativity.  So Levein wasn't a fan.  He even left him on the bench in our SC 1/4 Final defeat at Motherwell 2 years ago.  Ross Callachan started though.

:vrface:

Suso Santana
2 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

And we all know there are ***** trying to create negativity at every turn. 👍

Negativity or realism? find the bit in the middle and that's probably where we are. 

9 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

I

I doubt you could run a bath on your own never mind a business. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

She would have needed to keep back reserves of £3-4m to cover the next few months. Why would any club keep 20-25% of turnover as reserves? 

where are you getting the £3-£4 million figure from? The indicated losses I have scene are only £1 million.  It’s not turnover you should be looking at, it’s our net profits. As a club we have been spending too much. We just break even. We need more discipline on deciding what we are spending our money on. No business can survive longer term if they carry on this way. 

gorgie rd eh11
Just now, Suso Santana said:

Negativity or realism? find the bit in the middle and that's probably where we are. 

Nah you're so obvious, there's no middle ground with you. 👍

53 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Ultimately the stand has cost nearer £24M than £11/12M originally forecast 

No it didn’t. Check out the relevant thread for the real spend breakdown. 

Suso Santana
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I doubt you could run a bath on your own never mind a business. 

If i had the money budge has wasted i'd get someone to run the bath for me. 

Francis Albert
55 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Ultimately the stand has cost nearer £24M than £11/12M originally forecast 

Of course. There was a £12 m overspend. So far! But Of course nothing to do with out Chief Executive and Chairman. Who has now with brilliantly being in the forefront of leading the way in crisis measures while other clubs have waited to see what might happen and what the Government might do.about it. Apart from.her in retrospective pretty lucrative £2.5 m investment  fully secured and  repaid with generous interest I am not altogether sure what Ann's business genius has contributed to the club.

Edited by Francis Albert

livingstonjambo
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not sure that was actually said at any AGM.

agreed they didnt say it at at any AGM, but surely if the money was spent against their wishes it would have stopped in the first year 2016/17 and not continued up to date

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It’s sickening the potential that money had to put the club in a much, much better place on the park and a much better main stand.  I don’t think it’s the time or the thread for such debate though.  I can see why people get frustrated and I don’t understand why a lot of people don’t seem to care. 

This is why I think after the dust has settled AB should go. She has wasted a great opportunity.

50 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I think there must be a point when you say an overspend is too much whether you are paying it all yourself or using benefactors. That benefactors money could have been allocated elsewhere or remain unused. What value would you put on the overspend and what value is too much over the original budget? 

Maybe the benefactors only wanted to invest in the stand?  Haven’t asked them but seems reasonable given they gave us the money and told her what to spend it on. I don’t think Mrs Budge had any say in the matter. 

Suso Santana
2 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Cool story bro

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

No it didn’t. Check out the relevant thread for the real spend breakdown. 

No it didn't what? Wasn't forecast initially at £11M or hasn't per latest update from AB looking like around £24M to complete 

Which part of what I have mentioned is incorrect?

42 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Of course it is.

The debt may well have grown to around £2m before this crisis.

It could grow considerably over the coming months.Our cuts need to reflect this or we could be looking at a huge debt for the fan owned club.That £2m will be a factor in all of this.

It can only grow if she keeps lending to us. She needs to declare that in the accounts. Sorry but you are mistaken. 

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

👍

36 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

A new stand.  Only £2.5m donated for playing staff costs. 

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe the benefactors only wanted to invest in the stand?  Haven’t asked them but seems reasonable given they gave us the money and told her what to spend it on. I don’t think Mrs Budge had any say in the matter. 

You are aware of identity of benefactors?

4 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

H1B5? To think I've been duped..........

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

agreed they didnt say it at at any AGM, but surely if the money was spent against their wishes it would have stopped in the first year 2016/17 and not continued up to date

I have no idea who the mysterious benefactors were or what if any conditions they attached to their donations. Despite Ann's reputation for open-ness.

livingstonjambo
1 minute ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

nobody does but at each AGM their money has been accounted for, if that was not the case why would they keep doing it

7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

where are you getting the £3-£4 million figure from? The indicated losses I have scene are only £1 million.  It’s not turnover you should be looking at, it’s our net profits. As a club we have been spending too much. We just break even. We need more discipline on deciding what we are spending our money on. No business can survive longer term if they carry on this way. 

Profit has nothing to do with it. It’s all about cash and having enough to pay the bills for the next three to four months when we will have no income. Our club costs about £1.25m per month to run. Three to four months times £1.25m is??
if you lost are told tomorrow that you will not receive salary for four months how would you pay your bills? Would you look to your past profit and loss for the answer or the cash in your bank account?  

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

No it didn't what? Wasn't forecast initially at £11M or hasn't per latest update from AB looking like around £24M to complete 

Which part of what I have mentioned is incorrect?

Stand isn’t going to cost £24m. Stadium redevelopment spend will be £24 but there’s a lot of things included in that other than the stand. As I said, go and check the stadium cost thread. 

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

No, that’s why I haven’t asked them. Have an idea though.