Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So...

....answer this.

Do you agree that SevCo are a new club, with no major honours won, and no history beyond 2012?

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

....answer this.

Do you agree that SevCo are a new club, with no major honours won, and no history beyond 2012?

Nah

In your case anyway

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Nah

In your case anyway

What's the relevance of your attached clips to the question I posed?

It quite simple really: -

Are they a new club? Yes

Have they won any domestic honours? No, The Petrofac cup and lower league titles are not considered major domestic honours.

The new club SevCo have won nothing and long may that continue.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

....answer this.

I feel I may crumble in the face of your subtle interrogation.

So remind me what I’ve said before that causes you alarm...I’ve asked three times now and you are coming across as rude. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I feel I may crumble in the face of your subtle interrogation.

So remind me what I’ve said before that causes you alarm...I’ve asked three times now and you are coming across as rude. 

No need to crumble or deflect.

Its easy, just clarify whether you agree that SevCo are a new club, with no major honours won, with no history beyond 2012 or not?

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No need to crumble or deflect.

Its easy, just clarify whether you agree that SevCo are a new club, with no major honours won, with no history beyond 2012 or not?

I’m not deflecting because your question is rhetorical. 

Now, about those obvious pro-hun comments I’ve made before...enlighten me. 

IveSeenTheLight

I’m not deflecting because your question is rhetorical. 

Now, about those obvious pro-hun comments I’ve made before...enlighten me. 

Ok, no need to spam the board further with this.

You're asking for pro-Hun comments yet cannot bear to say that they are a new club, with no honours and no history.

Backs up my earlier point why I was not surprised.

😆

Nookie Bear
35 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Ok, no need to spam the board further with this.

You're asking for pro-Hun comments yet cannot bear to say that they are a new club, with no honours and no history.

Backs up my earlier point why I was not surprised.

😆

I have yet to answer your question on whatever history you believe that club has. 

You implied I had made pro-Hun comments and yet failed to provide a shred of evidence and are now wasting my time with inane questions. 

You are worse than an interloper on here. You’re boring. 

IveSeenTheLight

I have yet to answer your question on whatever history you believe that club has. 

You implied I had made pro-Hun comments and yet failed to provide a shred of evidence and are now wasting my time with inane questions. 

You are worse than an interloper on here. You’re boring. 

:rofl:

40 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

So what's the latest on the pay cuts then?

Good call to get back on topic.

I read that no players were asked to make 50% cuts, but some offered.

The plan was to put all players on furlough and I presume Hearts making up the difference if any to the proposed 30% reduction.

Id guess the SOFL decisions may make an impact.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Scottish rugby have managed to come to a clear resolution to this - why can’t Scottish football?!

Because everything in Scottish football is a dick swinging contest between the orcs and the victims.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Because everything in Scottish football is a dick swinging contest between the orcs and the victims.

Yeh fair point but it’s ridiculous 

Ex member of the SaS

On a slightly different note, Phil three names has a picture on his blog that's a cracker. Sevco strip with the five stars changed to a fuel gauge from a car showing empty. Can't copy the pic and don't know where it came from, maybe someone will be able to get it posted on here.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2020/04/08/crayon-oclock-means-that-time-is-not-on-sevcos-side/#more-16324

Scroll down.

7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

On a slightly different note, Phil three names has a picture on his blog that's a cracker. Sevco strip with the five stars changed to a fuel gauge from a car showing empty. Can't copy the pic and don't know where it came from, maybe someone will be able to get it posted on here.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2020/04/08/crayon-oclock-means-that-time-is-not-on-sevcos-side/#more-16324

Scroll down.

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Scroll down.

:laugh2:

Sevco-fuel-guage.jpg

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Scroll down.

Phil McSillyname can take a run and jump. 

He's having a pop at Rangers because he, like every smelly septic fan wants to be crowned Champions to everyone else's dismay. 

Rangers are 100% right on this one. Celtic are pure and utter scum. 

TyphoonJambo
23 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Phil McSillyname can take a run and jump. 

He's having a pop at Rangers because he, like every smelly septic fan wants to be crowned Champions to everyone else's dismay. 

Rangers are 100% right on this one. Celtic are pure and utter terrorist loving scum. 

Ftfy

TyphoonJambo

I rember i used to go out with a bird who was Tom Farmers PA. One day that snidey wee git that was the celtic owner, forget his name came in for a meeting. "can i get your driver a cup of tea?" She asked. Fick off i dont pay him tae drink fikkin tea, was his answer. Lovely guy. 

Fergus McCann, thats who it was. Looked like Gollum. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

Footballfirst

This twitter thread debunks the clams made by the SPFL about the timing of contact by Rangers re their members resolution.

I've seen posts from that twitter account previously and generally it does seem to be in the know.

Let's assume for a moment that the timeline in the twitter thread is accurate. 

How does Neil Doncaster explain why the SPFL Board put out a statement that only referenced the email contact with Rod McKenzie and omitted to mention the contact made with himself (the SPFL's Chief Exec) and others in the SPFL management group.

If the Rangers account of the timeline is correct, then it does demonstrate a level of misinformation and coercion in order to achieve the Board's aim. 

As even when governing bodies attempt a cover up, the consequences of that can be just as serious.    

Edited by Footballfirst

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This twitter thread debunks the clams made by the SPFL about the timing of contact by Rangers re their members resolution.

Potential grounds for legal challenge and an injunction!

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Potential grounds for legal challenge and an injunction!

And sackings

gorgie rd eh11
6 hours ago, neilnunb said:

So Celtic agree wage cuts and payment deferrals. Sun headline 'Great Gesture'

🤣🤣🤣

🖕

Yeah.

16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

What’s happened to wage cuts, all went quiet in amongst the voting nonsense. Still on full wages?

They might be awaiting the outcome of the vote. If we are confirmed as relegated, then we may be able to cut all the players with relegation clauses. I presume this could be a significant saving. 

49 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

What’s happened to wage cuts, all went quiet in amongst the voting nonsense. Still on full wages?

I'm anxious to find out what's happening as I'm holding off renewing my season ticket until I know what's happening.

Basically, I wont be renewing if the money is going to go towards paying any greedy bstards refusing to take a pay CUT whilst sitting on their hoop doing feck all.

11 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

They might be awaiting the outcome of the vote. If we are confirmed as relegated, then we may be able to cut all the players with relegation clauses. I presume this could be a significant saving. 

If this is the case and we are playing in the championship with whatever small buying power we have left we should stop being such a 'nice' club and following the unwritten rules and should specifically target, tap up, leak to press and upset as many players as we can from yes voting teams in that league.  And keep it up all season just to unsettle them whenever we can. A tactic the old firm use regularly to keep the rest of us in our place. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Texaco said:

If this is the case and we are playing in the championship with whatever small buying power we have left we should stop being such a 'nice' club and following the unwritten rules and should specifically target, tap up, leak to press and upset as many players as we can from yes voting teams in that league.  And keep it up all season just to unsettle them whenever we can. A tactic the old firm use regularly to keep the rest of us in our place. 

Believe me, I have been thinking of a million ways we can be petty towards other clubs, ranging from charging their fans £50 to attend Tynie to offering their directors a cup of tea and a digestive - and no more - when they come to ours! 

Clerry Jambo
13 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

I'm anxious to find out what's happening as I'm holding off renewing my season ticket until I know what's happening.

Basically, I wont be renewing if the money is going to go towards paying any greedy bstards refusing to take a pay CUT whilst sitting on their hoop doing feck all.

Absolutely mate. Levein and macphee leaving our club would be a good start in the eyes of the fans and ofcourse many of the highly paid imposters 

Scott Gardiner indicated on Saturday that if the vote had went through on Friday that we would’ve been making people redundant on the Monday. May have just been speculation but given his connection to the club and Budge I won’t be surprised to hear we are now waiting for the vote result before announcing. 

Clerry Jambo
17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Scott Gardiner indicated on Saturday that if the vote had went through on Friday that we would’ve been making people redundant on the Monday. May have just been speculation but given his connection to the club and Budge I won’t be surprised to hear we are now waiting for the vote result before announcing. 

It makes absolute sense for the club to find out where it’s playing next season, however we don’t know how long this shambles is going to go on for and Budge obviously looking to make cuts ASAP.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

It makes absolute sense for the club to find out where it’s playing next season, however we don’t know how long this shambles is going to go on for and Budge obviously looking to make cuts ASAP.

The key date is when the next wages are paid. Around another 10 days away I think. 

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The key date is when the next wages are paid. Around another 10 days away I think. 

Yip, I maybe wrong but it seems most of the players not up for taking cuts unless discussions are continuing, but the time it’s taking seems to me players not doing the right thing 

Yip, I maybe wrong but it seems most of the players not up for taking cuts unless discussions are continuing, but the time it’s taking seems to me players not doing the right thing 

It certainly looks that way.

I'd love to renew my ST now but morally I can't, as I suspect that if thousands of us did so it would make the players less likely to agree to take a cut and suffer like the rest of us are having to, as they'd know we have money in the bank.

I can't have my hard-earned going to pay absolute charlatans who are certainly not 'in this together'.

15 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

It certainly looks that way.

I'd love to renew my ST now but morally I can't, as I suspect that if thousands of us did so it would make the players less likely to agree to take a cut and suffer like the rest of us are having to, as they'd know we have money in the bank.

I can't have my hard-earned going to pay absolute charlatans who are certainly not 'in this together'.

Spot on, bang on the money.

3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Source?

or

just guessing?

Clerry Jambo
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Source?

or

just guessing?

Obviously surmising, if players had agreed any sort of cut, we would have heard.

Obviously surmising, if players had agreed any sort of cut, we would have heard.

Or you could say they've all agreed (even a compromise) or we would have heard.

I'm sure the Sun would not miss an opportunity, nor Boyd, Wishart & co.

Clerry Jambo
22 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Or you could say they've all agreed (even a compromise) or we would have heard.

I'm sure the Sun would not miss an opportunity, nor Boyd, Wishart & co.

Has Budge got time to deal with this now, with all these meetings lined up with reconstruction on the table!!

Dagger Is Back

IF they're not willing to take a wage cut they can GTF. There are millions of people around the world who have taken wage cuts, mortgage holidays etc and most of them aren't in the privileged position that our players are. They are largely responsible for where we are right now, staring down the barrel of an expulsion gun. If they don't have the common decency to do the right thing, then it's just further proof that Leveins aim of recruiting people with the 'right character' was yet another failure to add to the regimes list

With everyday I think I hate our players more. I actually hate them so much they may as well be Celtic.

The worst Hearts team in living memory refusing to take a pay cut? Invoke clause 12 or whatever the **** it’s called and empty the lot of them. Guffy’s!!!