Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

A_A wehatethehibs

Think they need to just cancel the season and move on. Same teams next season.

Maybe a fair way to decide is a straight playoff between bottom and top of championship Hearts vs Dundee United behind closed doors, same all the way down the 4 divisions. Do it on Sunday before the epidemic gets out of control. Top team plays the bottom team, one off deciders, since the league fixtures cannot be completed and status cannot therefore be fairly determined via the leagues, so do it via a playoff. Not entirely fair but more fair than just arbitrarily deciding clubs financial fate. 

Lennon saying they should be awarded the league, I suppose by the same notion they should also be awarded the cup as they are the heavy heavy favourites? You can’t dish out honours based on who you think is likely to win. Same goes for the english premier and Liverpool, their 30 year wait goes on, lmao 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

Italian Lambretta
Just now, kila said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-update

Further to the announcement today from the Joint Response Group of the SPFL & SFA that all domestic professional football games in Scotland have been suspended we have, understandably, had a number of questions from supporters and press.

The club fully supports the decision to postpone all domestic football. We understand this scenario may cause inconvenience and uncertainty amongst the fans, however the health and wellbeing of supporters, players, staff and the general public must take priority.

This is an unprecedented situation and we will be working closely with the SPFL, clubs and the Scottish FA to agree the next steps.

In respect of ticket sales and those supporters holding season tickets, the club would ask for the fans’ patience until a decision is reached regarding the remainder of the 2019/20 season.

We will keep supporters up-to-date via the official club channels as information becomes available.

You can imagine there will be some fans who will want refunds if the games are not played. Personally I dont give a flying **** Im just glad I dont have to watch this pish again this season.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Mort said:

Correct. Surely if there are no more games people aren't actually going to ask for refunds? I'd also happily pay to not have to watch any more of this season anyway!

🙂 Totally with you on that. This season has been a **** 

So if the season ends up having to be voided to SFA get points deducted for not fulfilling fixtures? Or do they get banished from the leagues.  🧐

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If someone is a supporter of their club why would they want refunded for this season if it put their clubs future in doubt. Surely everyone understands this is a totally unique situation. 

Aegon have sent home 1000 employees today in Edinburgh. I'm just saying  , very quickly there could be a lot of people on statutory sick pay - £94 per week I think? If the situation gets bad, people could very well be looking for any money they can lay their hands on.... with refund demands possibly just one of their routes. There will probably be thousands of football supporters that will put their families first before their club if it means they can get their hands on some cash to pay bills/put food on the table.

Like you say - unique situation.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

With the exception of prob 2 players , who would want our shitebags ?

Depends on relegation clauses in the contracts and who’s out of contract. But yes getting rid of players we don’t want won’t be easy.

Given that none of us know how long this will last, how are clubs going to pay their wages and bills?

I know this has been covered before but it really comes into stark relief now.  I would assume smaller clubs will just have to stop paying wages.

Don't think it's overreacting to say this is now really serious from an economic perspective as well as public health.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Given that none of us know how long this will last, how are clubs going to pay their wages and bills?

I know this has been covered before but it really comes into stark relief now.  I would assume smaller clubs will just have to stop paying wages.

Don't think it's overreacting to say this is now really serious from an economic perspective as well as public health.

Possible insurance claims?

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Insurance is my guess.

Expect all the companies to use this as an excuse to squeeze everyone once it's over.

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

You can imagine there will be some fans who will want refunds if the games are not played. Personally I dont give a flying **** Im just glad I dont have to watch this pish again this season.

With you here.... especially if the league is void and we're not relegated! Money well spent! 😁

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Aegon have sent home 1000 employees today in Edinburgh. I'm just saying  , very quickly there could be a lot of people on statutory sick pay - £94 per week I think? If the situation gets bad, people could very well be looking for any money they can lay their hands on.... with refund demands possibly just one of their routes. There will probably be thousands of football supporters that will put their families first before their club if it means they can get their hands on some cash to pay bills/put food on the table.

Like you say - unique situation.

I totally get what you are saying if it comes down to that but anyone who doesn't need the money should think what it could do to the clubs. We need something to get back to when this finally blows over.

FWIW I wouldn't ask for a refund in those circumstances. The club might offer a bit of a discount next season, though, might be fair?

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I totally get what you are saying if it comes down to that but anyone who doesn't need the money should think what it could do to the clubs. We need something to get back to when this finally blows over.

Absolutely 👍

How does this compare to Neil Lennons statement.  Ones class one is crass. 

Jurgen Klopp

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

tolcross lad
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Maybe a fair way to decide is a straight playoff between bottom and top of championship Hearts vs Dundee United behind closed doors, same all the way down the 4 divisions. Do it on Sunday before the epidemic gets out of control. Top team plays the bottom team, one off deciders, since the league fixtures cannot be completed and status cannot therefore be fairly determined via the leagues, so do it via a playoff. Not entirely fair but more fair than just arbitrarily deciding clubs financial fate. 

Lennon saying they should be awarded the league, I suppose by the same notion they should also be awarded the cup as they are the heavy heavy favourites? You can’t dish out honours based on who you think is likely to win. Same goes for the english premier and Liverpool, their 30 year wait goes on, lmao 

I agree you cant dish out honours on based on who you think is likely to win but same applies to the team in relegation position.

"It aint over til the fat lady sings" is about sporting integrity.Its tough on Celtic and Dundee Utd.

Its also tough on some teams throughout the leagues but the season looks to be over with little chance of completion with the way this pandemic is going.

Some mitigation could take place by cancelling relegation and increasing league sizes.

I am very concerned about how some clubs are going to financially survive.Clarity is needed asap.

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah that’s a good point mate, transfer window can’t open if players can’t travel to take Medicals etc. 

pah, not sure we do medicals anyway given our injury record...

45 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What exactly does "up to" mean? Up to 80% have already contracted it.

By the time the virus runs its course up to 80% of the population will get it was my reading of the medical experts comments.

15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Well,would be interesting to see how they sell that to United.....

"You may have romped the league but your in the playoffs, never mind your playing a dire Hearts team, so that's alright"

23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You are showing your lack of knowledge there Cruiks. 80% of the population will not get it. The positive testing would indicate that about 1% will get it. The reason 80% is alwsys trotted out is because that is tge absolute maximum any virus can infect before it burns itself out. When scientists don't know something they revert to type. Feel free to think 53million will be infected  but don't expect others to follow suit.

I’ll sleep easy tonight Enzo.

31 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What's going to be on the sports news if there's no sport?  "Here's Jim with an update of everything that's not on today and a preview of everything that's not on tomorrow".

Best wishes to all you Jambos.  Hope none of you get sick or suffer any financial losses.

Quite financially crippling already sadly. Fingers crossed in time the markets recover.

12 minutes ago, kila said:

At least there'll be no goal bonuses or win bonuses needing paid. Not that impacted Hearts much mind.

Win bonus's......  Oh ma sides

heatonjambo
3 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

To put some context on this. I was seeing my consultant this morning.

He reckons it'll wain in the summer then come back very hard again in the Autumn/winter.

This is long term untill a vaccine is made. Just passing on what his best knowledge is.

This isn't going away quickly, can't see football season being being completed. 

This isn't just for this season either, could easily extend into next season.

This could cause all sorts of long term cash issues for clubs at all levels 

One bit of good news is I'm not personally overly at risk . Let's all try our best to follow the advice given and keep the those at risk as safe as possible.

Wow

i have heard this to.

brexit will not happen!!!

😀

highlandjambo3
29 minutes ago, graygo said:

Scotland will be like a scene from Mad Max with weeks.

Glesga will be like that tonight and tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Masturbate loads. Give yourself a trophy if you come first. 👍🏻

So that's why all the bog roll is being stockpiled.

8 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Jurgen Klopp

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

Not a liverpool fan but In comparison to Neil Lennon’s statement thats on a different level all together. Class response 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Correct David. Some on here have just not listened to the medical experts who have set out in detail how they are trying to mitigate the effects of this very serious pandemic!

Tbf , some  are bitching about Nicola Sturgeon detailing a plan as its not her place , some are biting back saying thats a ridiculous attitude where is Bojo (apart from trying to go to the rugby). Others are to be busy fighting over toilet roll and pasta , most of the rest are trying to be sensible. 

Just have to decide what camp you are in

Edited by sadj

26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You are showing your lack of knowledge there Cruiks. 80% of the population will not get it. The positive testing would indicate that about 1% will get it. The reason 80% is alwsys trotted out is because that is tge absolute maximum any virus can infect before it burns itself out. When scientists don't know something they revert to type. Feel free to think 53million will be infected  but don't expect others to follow suit.

Everyone will get it. Either this year or next but we will all get it.

1 minute ago, westbow said:

So that's why all the bog roll is being stockpiled.

surely that would have meant the mass buying of socks?

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Jurgen Klopp

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

I would have expected that from Klopp.

A decent individual.

I’m certainly not surprised by Lennon’s rant.

As classless as you could possibly get.

Tenaciousdandy

One of the biggest problems with restarting the league at whatever date will be match fitness and sharpness, players possibly not even training for weeks wont help either, surely the only logical solution is to void the season outwith the league cup

Lennon should apologise.  His statement is disgraceful.

Well done JK.  He must be hugely disappointed but his perspective is admirable.

Hide yourself in shame Lennon.  Imbecile.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

I would have expected that from Klopp.

A decent individual.

I’m certainly not surprised by Lennon’s rant.

As classless as you could possibly get.

And Brown

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

One of the biggest problems with restarting the league at whatever date will be match fitness and sharpness, players possibly not even training for weeks wont help either, surely the only logical solution is to void the season outwith the league cup

Newcastle released a statement saying they expect their players to train at home.

:lol:

I'm sure they will!

20 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Jurgen Klopp

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

Jurgen is class.

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Newcastle released a statement saying they expect their players to train at home.

I'm sure they will!

Must have pretty big living rooms.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

pah, not sure we do medicals anyway given our injury record...

Fair point 

63D652B9-ED07-4925-9A84-005F22591058.jpeg

7176CC27-E099-4447-B972-FA1588CC79FE.jpeg

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, ...a bit disco said:

I'm sure they will!

Aye train there fifa skills lol even if they do still not a patch on being on the grass chasing down balls and pinging passes about 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, westbow said:

Must have pretty big living rooms.

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Lennon should apologise.  His statement is disgraceful.

Well done JK.  He must be hugely disappointed but his perspective is admirable.

Hide yourself in shame Lennon.  Imbecile.

Yes... speaks volumes for both individuals.

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

surely that would have meant the mass buying of socks?

Army on standby to deliver tube socks to 2 million housebound Scotsmen with no sport to watch on tv.

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Play each other at Fifa online.

I actually joked to a mate recently saying we should just select one player from each club and play the remaining games on fifa 😂

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Crete said:

Jurgen is class.

He is indeed, compared to Lennon wining  about some boogeymen taking away their achievements 🙈.

21 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Jurgen Klopp

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

Especially as lennon stated would they take the league of Liverpool? No. 

Total clown, esp now that the 1st death sadly been announced in Scotland 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He is indeed, compared to Lennon wining  about some boogeymen taking away their achievements 🙈.

Tbf it’ll be a conspiracy by Rangers to stop 9iar and in Govan its a conspiracy by Celtic as Morelos was going to get his first goal against them on sunday and they were going to go on and win the league

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Everyone will get it. Either this year or next but we will all get it.

In that case the virus will die out. Bye bye Corona👋

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Haring'll be keen to get back into football. Nominated.

And hopefully he's been practising his fifa skills while he's been on the sidelines, I would have went for one of the teens tho, fifa and fornite is there life lol