• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

45 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Not many players in Scottish football are set for life millionaires. Whilst not necessarily life and death, it could conceivably be plenty of players mortgages and homes on the line.

Not just footballers though people from all walks of life will be financially hit as well as medically. 

Its suspended... I can just see them keeping it suspended until they get the go ahead it's safe to have usual numbers back in the grounds...

13 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Sounds very unlikely,  but not impossible I guess.   Makes me all the more furious about our performance on Wed.....just shameful. 

Would cause a precedent that many would object to. Then it becomes a legal mess. 

i see sky are still advertising the bigots match on sunday and their super sunday matches, even thought it has been a couple of hours since the postponement was announced 

1 minute ago, HMFC-1874 said:

Its suspended... I can just see them keeping it suspended until they get the go ahead it's safe to have usual numbers back in the grounds...

If it goes on for 3 months or more than takes us into June. Then it gets too close to next season. 

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Deary me , over the road, 

Different planet more like, Harry. 

So what happens with players out of contract? If your contracted till season end (May 31st) and season restarts and goes past that date, how does that work?

Ted Hastings
15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That is not the “facts” according to the leading medical scientists. They forecast that around 80% of us will contract this virus unlike winter flu rates which run around 10% of the population.

It may not kill you but you will be ill and unable to work with a devastating effect on the country. As announced yesterday the plan is to slow the infection rates so we do not have one big explosion that would swamp our medical and public services.

People need to drop this “panic merchant” guff - this is extremely serious

Not forgetting that this is a novel strain of the virus for which there is no vaccine for as yet, unlike the seasonal flu.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

If it goes on for 3 months or more than takes us into June. Then it gets too close to next season. 

I wonder when the SFA will feel it gets to close... out of curiosity how do you see this panning out? 

Depending how long the delay is I would expect that Some teams will be at a risk of entering administration without gate receipts to keep them going. 

Just now, Barack said:

Yes, yes we have. The Scottish and UK Government's have decreed all sport must cease and desist, in order to preserve Hearts' top flight status.

:rofl:

:pleasing:

:greggy:

thats what happens when you are the establishment team

...a bit disco
15 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

3422C594-3D99-49EE-8A41-05B4E6182DC2.png

Take my tears and that's not nearly all...

Absolute ******s.

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That is not the “facts” according to the leading medical scientists. They forecast that around 80% of us will contract this virus unlike winter flu rates which run around 10% of the population.

It may not kill you but you will be ill and unable to work with a devastating effect on the country. As announced yesterday the plan is to slow the infection rates so we do not have one big explosion that would swamp our medical and public services.

80% is very worst case scenario. Panic merchant still applies to all the bampots clearing shelves in supermarkets.

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Especially for us old farts. 

15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The seethe starting already.

At least we didn't vote for mid-season format changes to save our skin.

Tin-pot club. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

So what happens with players out of contract? If your contracted till season end (May 31st) and season restarts and goes past that date, how does that work?

Nobody knows but it would be good to play the remaining fixture with new players  😃, if they get played at all.

jambothommo
8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

If it goes on for 3 months or more than takes us into June. Then it gets too close to next

If it goes to June, it’s not restarting ......

10EDC34E-A731-4FCF-8BC6-B3B4C0FAE1A6.thumb.jpeg.ec2fe0386f7710b96d7c3a6c8d1112c6.jpeg

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

80% is very worst case scenario. Panic merchant still applies to all the bampots clearing shelves in supermarkets.

Pant wetters need more toilet rolls 🤷🏾‍♂️😜

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Barack said:

My thoughts and prayers, go out to the wives and partners of Celtic and Hibs supporters this morning.

Solidarity.

Also sisters, cousins and other assorted female/male/pets family members.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nobody knows but it would be good to play the remaining fixture with new players  😃, if they get played at all.

Agree with that. But would Uefa/Fifa let clubs buy/sell/ loan players club to club, country to country while there is still a risk. 
Who would have thought a bug (serious bug) could cripple so much

To put some context on this. I was seeing my consultant this morning.

He reckons it'll wain in the summer then come back very hard again in the Autumn/winter.

This is long term untill a vaccine is made. Just passing on what his best knowledge is.

This isn't going away quickly, can't see football season being being completed. 

This isn't just for this season either, could easily extend into next season.

This could cause all sorts of long term cash issues for clubs at all levels 

One bit of good news is I'm not personally overly at risk . Let's all try our best to follow the advice given and keep the those at risk as safe as possible.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Mundaydog said:

Agree with that. But would Uefa/Fifa let clubs buy/sell/ loan players club to club, country to country while there is still a risk. 
Who would have thought a bug (serious bug) could cripple so much

Yeah that’s a good point mate, transfer window can’t open if players can’t travel to take Medicals etc. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yes, yes we have. The Scottish and UK Government's have decreed all sport must cease and desist, in order to preserve Hearts' top flight status.

:verysmug:

6 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

What was wrong with 2012 cup win?? 

Apart from maybe a soft penalty in Perth nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

It broke them. 

Hibs could feel the hit on their finances.    We're ok.    FoH and the benefactor.

Hibs to go bust... again?    No debt write-off agreements to dodge administration this time.    Cheating *****.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

My thoughts and prayers, go out to the wives and partners of Celtic and Hibs supporters this morning.

Solidarity.

Excellent turn of events for the traditional proper Hearts men.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQvJMhUUJMpI1ASfNKYX6OldfI_CsOjwaC_qa-GP6HXm4jEiTRd

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah that’s a good point mate, transfer window can’t open if players can’t travel to take Medicals etc. 

Transfer windows will be suspended or changed.

The main challenge is financial and supporting clubs with cashflow.

Contracts have been mentioned. The one certainty is players and staff are still due to be paid. 

28 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

This is correct - I was told weeks ago by a medical contact through my work that nearly everyone will be affected and/or infected by the virus.  Don't expect mild symptoms, it will make the average person pretty unwell for a week or 2.  

This will spill out onto the end of the current season and might even effect the start of next.  It will be interesting to see how the SPFL/SFA handle this as I can't see the halt will be lifted anytime soon.  If they gift titles/relegate/promote any team that isn't mathematically guaranteed then they are in risky territory unless there is some sort of clause they have in their rules 

Cheered me up much needed since Wednesday's result. If the various leagues are abandoned imagine the seethe from Liverpool and the nine in a row bhoys?

Away from football Boris Johnson's attitude to the people of UK is shameful doing nothing and warning people will be mourning their elderly relatives, partially due to his inaction.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Hibs could feel the hit on their finances.    We're ok.    FoH and the benefactor.

Hibs to go bust... again?    No debt write-off agreements to dodge administration this time.    Cheating *****.

Add the unknown quantity and motivation of a remote owner, annoyed at the email campaign for ST refunds, and all kinds of delicious possibilities come to mind. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So would you end up with loads of players in ‘limbo’?

can’t play for club they are at because contract is up (more than likely can’t resign due to lack of club income).

Can’t move to a new club, travel restrictions, lack of income 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Transfer windows will be suspended or changed.

The main challenge is financial and supporting clubs with cashflow.

Contracts have been mentioned. The one certainty is players and staff are still due to be paid. 

Just said something along the same lines to Pasquale.

not sure how footie contracts work  but if your contract is up and transfer windows, moved etc. Would a players existing club  have to pay them till they get an another club?

17 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Hibs were found to have cheated that season by living beyond their means and making a loss.

Hearts made a small profit but had lived within our means.

Hibs cheating allowed them to escape an even bigger thrashing.

RustyRightPeg

Will we still he training?

If we can, this should be treated like a pre-season for us!

Just now, Mundaydog said:

Just said something along the same lines to Pasquale.

not sure how footie contracts work  but if your contract is up and transfer windows, moved etc. Would a players existing club  have to pay them till they get an another club?

FIFA, UEFA and the players associations along with agents etc will be considering what to do.

It will be a lot of work. But it's in everyone's interests to find a solution.

Until we know the general plan - stop and cease on  current positions/ OR restart/ reschedule - it won't be clear what needs done.