• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mundaydog said:

So would you end up with loads of players in ‘limbo’?

can’t play for club they are at because contract is up (more than likely can’t resign due to lack of club income).

Can’t move to a new club, travel restrictions, lack of income 

It would seem so, as we all are?

Edited by Pasquale for King

9 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Lennon will walk if they don't get the title

Can't see him ever walking from that job. He failed down south and had a rumble with the board after flopping a bit at Hibs. He'll be there until Celtic punt him for someone better. Even then, he'll go crawling back once he's offered it a 3rd time when said replacement jumps at the first chance.

53 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Your £10 isn't that important in the overall scheme of things.

:biggrin:

Is that you Ann.......?

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Will all be back up and running in time to pump Hibs again, at Hampden in April.

Not a chance unfortunately.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Transfer windows will be suspended or changed.

The main challenge is financial and supporting clubs with cashflow.

Contracts have been mentioned. The one certainty is players and staff are still due to be paid. 

Only until June 1st if that is when their contract expires.

Another issue re cashflow is how do you sell/market season tickets for next year.  In our own case there is a big difference between selling a 19-game top flight, 6 Category A game ticket versus an 18 game lower league zero category A game ticket.

Rumours circulating around Hibs.net a Mrs A.Budge identity unknown as the latest in the frame in who created this virus. Something to suspend a season and avoid relegation or something or other

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Will all be back up and running in time to pump Hibs again, at Hampden in April.

Widespread infection hasn't even started yet!!

This isn't due to peak until week 15, which is mid-June when potentially one third of the population could be either ill or self-isolating.

We'll be doing well to start next season on time.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No we wont not a chance.

ford donald
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Not my f...ing pledge....!

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

I know we still have pledges coming in we may need to divert them to support the wage bill. 

No chance of that happening.

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

This isn't due to peak until week 15, which is mid-June when potentially one third of the population could be either ill or self-isolating.

It isn't a guarantee that "widespread" infection will occur. Last week it wss 10 -14 days, this week it's 10 -14 weeks.Nobody knows what will happen. Modelling is just that, modeliing. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It isn't a guarantee that "widespread" infection will occur. Last week it wss 10 -14 days, this week it's 10 -14 weeks.Nobody knows what will happen. Modelling is just that, modeliing. 

It pretty much is a guarantee that widespread infection will occur... the actions being taken are all about how you flatten the infection curve over a longer and more manageable period of time.

sandyseymour
On 05/03/2020 at 19:25, Restonbabe said:

The facts are that this is a mild viral infection for people that don't have underlying health conditions. 

More people die from the seasonal flu every year in Scotland. 

This will die out just as quick as itcomes 

Hope you've changed yer mind about yet comment

...a bit disco
23 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Is that you Ann.......?

Craig sends his love.

:whistling:

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It pretty much is a guarantee that widespread infection will occur... the actions being taken are all about how you flatten the infection curve over a longer and more manageable period of time.

Two good well informed posts. Postponements will almost certainly extend to cancellations in all sports as there is little leeway in the calendars. How that will affect Hearts is up for discussion, hopefully Budge will be taking legal advice on that so we are prepared for whatever the SFA decide, whatever suits the ugly sisters obviously.

On 05/03/2020 at 19:25, Restonbabe said:

The facts are that this is a mild viral infection for people that don't have underlying health conditions. 

More people die from the seasonal flu every year in Scotland. 

This will die out just as quick as itcomes 

This didn't age well 

What I am supposed to do now? Don't want to be selfish but.  No cricket, no golf, no rugby.  I can live with all that but no Hearts.  What am I going to do?

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

An Inverness player reported to have it.

Well if thats true then they should just award the play off tie to us. LOL

Rogue Daddy
30 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Only until June 1st if that is when their contract expires.

Another issue re cashflow is how do you sell/market season tickets for next year.  In our own case there is a big difference between selling a 19-game top flight, 6 Category A game ticket versus an 18 game lower league zero category A game ticket.

I'm sure, if leagues are void, there will be more than a few fans wanting refunded for this season's, season tickets ie. remaining games. That alone will put a lot of pressure on a lot of clubs.

21 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Head in the Sand there. Just listen to the experts who know what they’re talking about - up to 80% of us will contract the virus. The modelling is based on scientific fact I’m afraid.

19 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Correct David. Some on here have just not listened to the medical experts who have set out in detail how they are trying to mitigate the effects of this very serious pandemic!

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

As long as another team can mathematically win the title or not be relegated 

then Celtic would not win the title or hearts be relegated we cannot just

decide league placings to suit Neil Lennon if that was the case then football in this

country is finished

gashauskis9
4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I'm sure, if leagues are void, there will be more than a few fans wanting refunded for this season's, season tickets ie. remaining games. That alone will put a lot of pressure on a lot of clubs.

Hate to sound pompous, but any supporter asking Hearts for a partial refund on their ST with a max of 4 home games to go can **** off as far as I’m concerned.  We can’t punish the club financially for this.  

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hate to sound pompous, but any supporter asking Hearts for a partial refund on their ST with a max of 4 home games to go can **** off as far as I’m concerned.  We can’t punish the club financially for this.  

Correct, although some would argue we should get a full refund for the whole season, with the dross we have been served up.....😂😂

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

They are fully entitled to their money back.... although claims to be made in person at a special refund desk on the half way line with a live webcam feed 🙂 #nameandshame.

On a more serious note, should we look to help the club by upping our FoH payments in lieu of what we would usually have spent on a matchday Saturday?

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What I am supposed to do now? Don't want to be selfish but.  No cricket, no golf, no rugby.  I can live with all that but no Hearts.  What am I going to do?

How's the sheep down your way, Doug?   The virus has not come my way yet, but if it did I suspect the Government will suppress it's media reporting it.

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Totally agree... but can you speak for everyone at every club in every league? 6 or so games at £25 a time (generalising of course)... remember, a lot of people may well be on statutory sick pay soon and £100 may well be a lot to lose for some people.

But I do agree with you, this is outwith clubs hands.

I suppose it just adds to the uncertainty of it all.

1 hour ago, hueyview said:

God..... For a moment I thought the banks hole in the wall were not paying out cash....  Or dishing out extra......    :)

Won't matter, money will be useless when everything is shut down.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

They are fully entitled to their money back.... although claims to be made in person at a special refund desk on the half way line with a live webcam feed 🙂 #nameandshame.

On a more serious note, should we look to help the club by upping our FoH payments in lieu of what we would usually have spent on a matchday Saturday?

Suggested this earlier. I think a regime change might encourage more to do so 

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

As long as another team can mathematically win the title or not be relegated 

then Celtic would not win the title or hearts be relegated we cannot just

decide league placings to suit Neil Lennon if that was the case then football in this

country is finished

Celtic and Lennon showing their class.

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Head in the Sand there. Just listen to the experts who know what they’re talking about - up to 80% of us will contract the virus. The modelling is based on scientific fact I’m afraid.

What exactly does "up to" mean? Up to 80% have already contracted it.

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No, it means up to 80% will at some point contract the virus at some point.

At present, the numbers who have contracted the virus are tiny, but all modelling suggests a rapid expansion in the forthcoming days and weeks.

gashauskis9
8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Totally agree... but can you speak for everyone at every club in every league? 6 or so games at £25 a time (generalising of course)... remember, a lot of people may well be on statutory sick pay soon and £100 may well be a lot to lose for some people.

But I do agree with you, this is outwith clubs hands.

I suppose it just adds to the uncertainty of it all.

If it’s already been paid then they shouldn’t need it.  I’m sure they can find something else to do for 90 mins every 2nd Saturday.

...a bit disco
18 minutes ago, graygo said:

Won't matter, money will be useless when everything is shut down.

Indeed.

Time to barter yer farter for goods and services. 

David McCaig
16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What's going to be on the sports news if there's no sport?  "Here's Jim with an update of everything that's not on today and a preview of everything that's not on tomorrow".

Best wishes to all you Jambos.  Hope none of you get sick or suffer any financial losses.

Enzo Chiefo
36 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

"Widespread" being the key. It is already widespread depending on your definition.  Let's keep it in perspective though...there are approx 125k cases worldwide.  The authorities need to stick to the facts and cut out the graphs and predictions in public. There is absolutely no value in foaming about 53million cases in an island nation when, after 3 months there are only 125k cases worldwide. Asia appears to be reaching it's peak and it's no coincidence, given some of their religious and cultural traditions,  that Spain and Italy are the worst affected in Europe. Models can not simply be used in isolation (no pun intended). The govt and medics should be ensuring there are supplies of hand sanitiser in stock - Tesco have not had any in 2 weeks ffs- and looking at installing them at the entrances to cafes, bars, restaurants and on buses. Handwashing, sanitising and the good old human immune will kill this thing off.. it beggared belief that a Chief Scientist said he "reckoned' the true UK figure "could be" 5 or 10k - without any evidence- before imploring people not to panic. Who, exactly, benefits from hearing comments like that?? Again I refer to the predictions regarding SARS and Swine Flu tgat were so far off the mark as to be ridiculous.  This is a virus, galloping foot rot it aint. When it comes to single issue scientists and economists I find it best to nod slong respectfully and treat all they say with a does of salt. Keep calm and carry on!

All roads lead to Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

If someone is a supporter of their club why would they want refunded for this season if it put their clubs future in doubt. Surely everyone understands this is a totally unique situation. 

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Indeed.

Time to barter yer farter for goods and services. 

Scotland will be like a scene from Mad Max with weeks.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would seem so, as we all are?

With the exception of prob 2 players , who would want our shitebags ?

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If someone is a supporter of their club why would they want refunded for this season if it put their clubs future in doubt. Surely everyone understands this is a totally unique situation. 

Correct. Surely if there are no more games people aren't actually going to ask for refunds? I'd also happily pay to not have to watch any more of this season anyway!

Enzo Chiefo
36 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You are showing your lack of knowledge there Cruiks. 80% of the population will not get it. The positive testing would indicate that about 1% will get it. The reason 80% is alwsys trotted out is because that is tge absolute maximum any virus can infect before it burns itself out. When scientists don't know something they revert to type. Feel free to think 53million will be infected  but don't expect others to follow suit.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Scotland will be like a scene from Mad Max with weeks.

Or the Walking Dead, although some might say some areas already look like that. 😁

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-update

Further to the announcement today from the Joint Response Group of the SPFL & SFA that all domestic professional football games in Scotland have been suspended we have, understandably, had a number of questions from supporters and press.

The club fully supports the decision to postpone all domestic football. We understand this scenario may cause inconvenience and uncertainty amongst the fans, however the health and wellbeing of supporters, players, staff and the general public must take priority.

This is an unprecedented situation and we will be working closely with the SPFL, clubs and the Scottish FA to agree the next steps.

In respect of ticket sales and those supporters holding season tickets, the club would ask for the fans’ patience until a decision is reached regarding the remainder of the 2019/20 season.

We will keep supporters up-to-date via the official club channels as information becomes available.