Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I bet you are under 60 with no underlying health or immune issues. 😎

To be fair, I’ve been getting weird looks for years as the only person in the class that wipes down the bike with disinfectant wipes prior to the class. I wasn’t the only one doing that last week. 😎

Underlines my point , very few people have the decency to clean machines. They don’t care. Hopefully they will learn fast. I wonder if it will work like Pneumonia where its in your system but for most your immune system is strong enough to combat it before it affects you.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are having a decent discussion on Sportsound just now.

concerned that Broadfoot is representing that Hearts fans are comfortable with us going down. Pretty clear he is teeing up the PR here...

4 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

concerned that Broadfoot is representing that Hearts fans are comfortable with us going down. Pretty clear he is teeing up the PR here...

For those who missed it Daryl Broadfoot, who has hardly been a known friend of Hearts praised Hearts fans for being reasonable and being more open to accepting relegation if leagues stopped. They then played some interviews with some fans who were very reasonable talking about people's health being importent though preferring to play games. 

They had earlier played the Neil Lennon press conference where he was adamant saying strongly that Celtic should be given the title. Broadfoot questioned that sort of attitude and mentioned Klopp's letter to fans which I guess most have seen where he talked about peoples' health being all that matters. You could tell Pat Bonner was absolutely raging. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are having a decent discussion on Sportsound just now.

First time for everything.

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

For those who missed it Daryl Broadfoot, who has hardly been a known friend of Hearts praised Hearts fans for being reasonable and being more open to accepting relegation if leagues stopped. They then played some interviews with some fans who were very reasonable talking about people's health being importent though preferring to play games. 

They had earlier played the Neil Lennon press conference where he was adamant saying strongly that Celtic should be given the title. Broadfoot questioned that sort of attitude and mentioned Klopp's letter to fans which I guess most have seen where he talked about peoples' health being all that matters. You could tell Pat Bonner was absolutely raging. 

Aa mentioned elsewhere the show opened with Kheredine Ittesan (sp) saying the key focus from within the football authorities is to ensure NEXT season starts as close to the original date as possible and current positions will stand as is.

4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Have a word with yourself. No idea why no one else picked you up on an absolute shan comment. 

Maybe because everyone realised it was an entirely tongue in cheek 100% football related throwaway comment. Nothing undermining the seriousness of what we’re facing, which this thread is full of. Now they’re shan comments. I’ve said many times that my opinion is that this season is null and void unless it is fully completed. 

6 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

It’s the celtic way though , let them have it , the tainted coronavirus title .

I’m pretty sure we would have been awarded the league title automatically if a pandemic had caused football to be suspended towards the end of the 1985-6 season.

Would we ****.

37 minutes ago, leginten said:

I’m pretty sure we would have been awarded the league title automatically if a pandemic had caused football to be suspended towards the end of the 1985-6 season.

Would we ****.

Well if Celtic are getting the league after 30 games, can we claim 1986.

Hearts were top of the league from 21 December 1985 to full time on 3 May 1986. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Maybe because everyone realised it was an entirely tongue in cheek 100% football related throwaway comment. Nothing undermining the seriousness of what we’re facing, which this thread is full of. Now they’re shan comments. I’ve said many times that my opinion is that this season is null and void unless it is fully completed. 

Fair enough, I was obviously grumpy this morning. 

The fact is they will absolutely not hand celtic the title due to not wanting to upset rangers. On that basis alone they will find a way round the fixture problem. If it wasnt mathematically possible they could but the fact that rangers can still mathematically catch them there is no danger they would allow celtic to ge crowned league winners. Its a tough one for all the league bodies around the world to solve and i dont know what the answer is if this lasts for another few months. The posponment of the euros to next year would give them a bit it leway to extend the season into the summer. 

Toxteth O'Grady

If the season cant be completed it should be void. Treat it like it never happened and European places remain the same as the start of this season.

UEFA should make this decision for all Associations.

9 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

If the season cant be completed it should be void. Treat it like it never happened and European places remain the same as the start of this season.

uefa have a meeting on tuesday i think specifically about euro 2020. after that i think they will issue strong guidance on what to do if the season cant be completed. 

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, sadj said:

You don’t gym 😝 

😂. I've been running since I was 12 Sadj... .....with a couple  of pit stops of course😎  From the Scottish Schools Cross Country to the  Great North  Run and the hardest of the lot...the Penicuik 10k. Nowadays though I feel like I'm towing a couple of tyres 

Enzo Chiefo
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Never seen so many spaces on a Saturday when I look online at the gym I use. I cancelled my spin class for today last night after googling the risks. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Dave, I respect anyone's personal decisions regarding their routines.  Just be sure to pound the pavements for a few weeks until this blows over. 👍

3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Void the the season start again next and ban European football next season if there’s a chance the virus is still hanging about it cuts the risk of spreading and keep everything in Britain for a year at least. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

We could call it "the Bobby Ewing season"

The White Cockade

There is very little chance of any football being played in the next few months 

The virus figures are not even due to peak until May / June

I really don’t see how they can finish this season late without stuffing up next season as well so I think they may well use the current positions as the final placings 

Terrible for us but we have been terrible all season and are deservedly bottom of the league 

We had our chance to save our season against St Mirren but we blew it

Edited by The White Cockade

18 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

There is very little chance of any football being played in the next few months 

The virus figures are not even due to peak until May / June

I really don’t see how they can finish this season late without stuffing up next season as well so I think they may well use the current positions as the final placings 

Terrible for us but we have been terrible all season and are deservedly bottom of the league 

We had our chance to save our season against St Mirren but we blew it

Not a ****ing chance. 

We need to see what Uefa come up with next week.

Its a given that Euro 2020 will be postponed for a year to provide some scope for leagues to complete.

However, imo there isn't a cat in hells chance of the CL and EL completing before the next one is due to start and the same with individual association leagues.  

Even within Scotland there is far too many unknowns if the league did see itself to a conclusion.  7 teams in Championship still in with a play off chance (note now how ridiculous it is to have 3 promotion and 1 one relegation play off places in a ten team league, not taking in to account 2  automatic places too)

Unless there is a team who cannot be caught or cant catch up then no scope for champions or relegation and the season has to be nulled and voided.  If so and Celtic win 20-21 season it becomes 9 in a row.

However the big spanner is how Uefa determine European qualification for 20-21.  If its league positions at say end May irrespective if fixture completion pressure would be on SPFL to determine Celtic champions and us relegated.

On 13/03/2020 at 14:51, davieholt said:

This didn't age well 

Facts don't care about your feelings 

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

We need to see what Uefa come up with next week.

Its a given that Euro 2020 will be postponed for a year to provide some scope for leagues to complete.

However, imo there isn't a cat in hells chance of the CL and EL completing before the next one is due to start and the same with individual association leagues.  

Even within Scotland there is far too many unknowns if the league did see itself to a conclusion.  7 teams in Championship still in with a play off chance (note now how ridiculous it is to have 3 promotion and 1 one relegation play off places in a ten team league, not taking in to account 2  automatic places too)

Unless there is a team who cannot be caught or cant catch up then no scope for champions or relegation and the season has to be nulled and voided.  If so and Celtic win 20-21 season it becomes 9 in a row.

However the big spanner is how Uefa determine European qualification for 20-21.  If its league positions at say end May irrespective if fixture completion pressure would be on SPFL to determine Celtic champions and us relegated.

Well if Infantino's embarrassing video on how to wash your hands is anything to go by i'm not holding out much hope. 

SPFL chiefs expect the Prime Minister to order an immediate end to professional leagues across Britain, killing off the current uncertainty. 

Most recent info from the government stating that over 70s need to isolate for 3 months with shopping and medicines being dropped at the doorstep.. if the virus doesn’t get them Th eh loneliness will? Plus how many over 70s are season ticket holders at hearts! 

Now more than ever us contributors must stay strong and help the club over this period without income from gate receipts. We will come good, we have too much more than most other clubs to fail. Real supporters to the front please.

Fozzyonthefence
21 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I went to the gym last night and yes, it was quieter than normal.  But again, if you wash your hands and don't touch your face you will not be at risk. There is a mass over reaction imo, fuelled by  those in authority. I prefer to temper official statements from govts with other views  such as the patient on the BBC Scotland website.who outlined his swift recovery or those of leading German virologists who contradict Merkel's mad predictions of 53m infections there.  They predict 45k to be nearer the final total  if the maxinum 80% are going to be infected then why sanitise and hand wash? Everyone needs to keep calm and carry on pretty much as normal.

Surely we’re way over the 45k figure worldwide already anyway?  Some experts already reckon 5-10k have it / had it already in UK.  Nobody will ever know the true figure.

Edit:  I misread your post - you were specifically talking about Germany!

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

7 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

Now more than ever us contributors must stay strong and help the club over this period without income from gate receipts. We will come good, we have too much more than most other clubs to fail. Real supporters to the front please.

I plan to up my pledge. Agree that this could be important to soften the impact. Some people might be hit hard in the pocket by not getting to work though, so that may balance out any increased pledges.

23 hours ago, rubyruby said:

Would be very unfair of Celtic to win the title because of the virus when our very own 1914-15 team lost out because they went to fight for their country. 

Spot on.

Having opportunistically taken advantage of a war situation to finish first in the league in 1915, Celtic have now sought to claim another tainted (and as yet unmerited) title when others are more concerned about preserving life itself.

It took Neil Lennon just two seconds to claim the title after the suspension was announced.

They're a classless, self-serving football club that would leave Scottish football behind at the drop of a hat if they had the chance to line their own pockets in the English Premier League.

I say give them the meaningless ****ing trophy, the one that they buy every year anyway. Clowns!

John Gentleman
22 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I plan to up my pledge. Agree that this could be important to soften the impact. Some people might be hit hard in the pocket by not getting to work though, so that may balance out any increased pledges.

Very commendable,

18 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

Why does the sun still get posted on here 

I suppose it would be difficult to ban it. **** knows why anyone reads it, believes a word printed in it, or posts links to it though.

5 hours ago, alanbauld said:

It’s fair to say I’ve been unimpressed with the clubs present regime and the way the FoH have given uncritical support. 
I was almost certainly going to be cutting my donation with a chance of stopping it all together. 
Until this is all sorted there is no way I’ll be doing that now. 

Just listened to most of Matt Hancock's interview on Marr this morning.

This instruction coming in next weeks for over 70s to self isolate for 4 months probably will lead to declaring a long shut down.

43 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Aye, aye!

Who do you think it will be?
Hearts would be too obvious and desperate looking. 
St Mirren will do whatever Celtic tell them to do. 
I’m going to go for Rangers via a proxy, so my guess would be Hamilton. 

Its looking likely that the Scottish Cup will be seen through to a conclusion if we can get started again this year.

Neil McCann on Sportsound couldn't understand how the Cup could but the league might not.

And he is one of the more intelligent ones.

Edited by DETTY29

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Its looking likely that the Scottish Cup will be seen through to a conclusion if we can get started again this year.

Neil McCann on Sportsound couldn't understand how the Cup could but the league might not.

And he is one of the more intelligent ones.

The scottish cup takes two rounds to conclude.

The league takes another eight

Who are the current members of the SPFL board out of interest? I noticed in that article that Hamilton have a member. 

Edit - The 2019/20 SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Murdoch MacLennan (Chairman), Karyn McCluskey (non-executive), Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Stewart Robertson (Rangers), Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Ewen Cameron (Alloa Athletic), Ken Ferguson (Brechin City) and Peter Davidson (Montrose).

Edited by Mort

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You are not counting the play-off games in your league count. 

The Premiership would need 8 rounds (plus 1 game) and Championship would need 8 rounds (plus 6 games I think), then 6 games in the Play-off

Also the number of teams.

That's why it is easier to get four teams to complete the semi's and then two teams to complete the final over two weeks than it is for twenty two teams to complete the 8+rounds and the play-offs

IveSeenTheLight
10 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

How would you decide the play-off? 

If you are basing it on current league positions, you would have to conclude that Hamilton stay up and ICT say down?

Its a tough one.

Play it when they can.

It's just one game

3 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Aye, aye!

I really hope this wasn’t Hearts. Not a good look at all. Of course, could be Sevco too - anything to delay Celtic’s march to 10 in a row.

9 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I really hope this wasn’t Hearts. Not a good look at all. Of course, could be Sevco too - anything to delay Celtic’s march to 10 in a row.

Eh... I really hope it was Hearts, it will be the first sign of showing any fight in 18 months..

very strange mindset for a Hearts fan...

If TV companies want their money back then all subscribers could also demand their money back from them, it's a non starter and shithouse posturing 

13 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Eh... I really hope it was Hearts, it will be the first sign of showing any fight in 18 months..

very strange mindset for a Hearts fan...

Gary Mackay is a disgrace with what he said those that have run the club and that point is more important than finding an equitable solution.

Not anything new here but this imo is the best go to guy to understand VAR decisions, so I give him credibility on his views re where we are.

He isnt offering the potential solution but drawing out the clear challenges.

If we are relying on a Uefa lead, Id say we are heading towards cut off dates to align to next seasons European calendar.   We are not getting up and running in time to conclude the season so Celtic will be Scotland reps in the UCL next year (but do Rangers get a place?  Would they be happy for Celtic to be champions if they get a UCL place?)

Uefa will give a steer on how their competitions will run next year and national associations will determine if champions winners are awarded.  Uefa will not give a crap if these nations declare null, void, restructure or relegation.

Imo

Edited by DETTY29

credit card
On 13/03/2020 at 08:22, Pans Jambo said:

This is what you dont read/hear in the news. Thanks for sharing and I hope you and your Mrs gets sorted soon.

As an aside, I think the media are creaming themselves over Covid-19. Beside themselves when they announce how many are infected or how many have been unfortunate to perish because of this virus.

How about changing the narrative slightly to let folk know how many have actually kicked Coronavirus's ass?

I heard around 60,000 Chinese have been released from hospital and allowed to go home after contracting and then beating the virus.

I also heard hat the last Coronavirus hospital in China is now closed as they now have a handle on it and less folk are now contracting it.

I had to dig for that good news story, wasn't in the ITN bulletin. Wonder why?

Eventually, the Embassies succeeded in persuading Quang Ning's Peoples Committee to release us early.

The deal negotiated with their Department of Foreign Affairs had a key element - all had to leave at the same time on a bus the authorities would organise. The bus would leave at 12:30 on 14/03/20 for flights out of Vietnam.

The next part of our trip was to be Australia but neither us nor our Travel Agents could find a flight due to airline cancellations. We had found one that transited via Ho Chi Minh City but the Vietnamese authorities would not allow us to transit via another Vietnamese airport despite both Embassies efforts. 

This led to the situation that we had no choice but to leave for home instead with the others. Trailfinders managed to book a a flight that would get us home via Doha, Qatar.
At 12:30 on 14/03/20 the bus didn’t leave. Instead we were “processed". A final temperature check was done. We were sprayed with chemicals again and quarantine certificates were prepared by the authorities ahead of our flight at 17:30.

This took them till 13:15. We then read our certificates and some were wrong. In our case we discovered my wife's name had a spelling error and mine had someone else's date of birth! At 13:45 we got manually amended certificates back and the bus left. We got to the airport with an hour and 15 minutes to go until the flight took off. We just made the flight.

As you can imagine it has been a really horrible experience. So glad to be home. Take care fellow Jambos and look after one another.

#wheatfieldonehome 

3 minutes ago, credit card said:

Eventually, the Embassies succeeded in persuading Quang Ning's Peoples Committee to release us early.

The deal negotiated with their Department of Foreign Affairs had a key element - all had to leave at the same time on a bus the authorities would organise. The bus would leave at 12:30 on 14/03/20 for flights out of Vietnam.

The next part of our trip was to be Australia but neither us nor our Travel Agents could find a flight due to airline cancellations. We had found one that transited via Ho Chi Minh City but the Vietnamese authorities would not allow us to transit via another Vietnamese airport despite both Embassies efforts. 

This led to the situation that we had no choice but to leave for home instead with the others. Trailfinders managed to book a a flight that would get us home via Doha, Qatar.
At 12:30 on 14/03/20 the bus didn’t leave. Instead we were “processed". A final temperature check was done. We were sprayed with chemicals again and quarantine certificates were prepared by the authorities ahead of our flight at 17:30.

This took them till 13:15. We then read our certificates and some were wrong. In our case we discovered my wife's name had a spelling error and mine had someone else's date of birth! At 13:45 we got manually amended certificates back and the bus left. We got to the airport with an hour and 15 minutes to go until the flight took off. We just made the flight.

As you can imagine it has been a really horrible experience. So glad to be home. Take care fellow Jambos and look after one another.

#wheatfieldonehome 

Wow. Scary stuff mate. Glad youre home safe.