Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

6 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Should be reminded of the title Hearts were denied due to WW1 when His lot stayed at home

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, ...a bit disco said:

He fingered an opposition players farter.

Decent? I think not.

:oohmatron:

9 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Decent? I think not.

But did he wash his hands afterwards?

...a bit disco
Just now, superjack said:

But did he wash his hands afterwards?

There's a thought!

Manky bassa!

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Will all be back up and running in time to pump Hibs again, at Hampden in April.

If only mate....  I feel a game of football will be some esy off then.  :(

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Decent? I think not.

Don't knock it until you've tried it. 

3 hours ago, westbow said:

So that's why all the bog roll is being stockpiled.

Not boasting......  But surely kitchen roll, don't you know.....

:)

Bazzas right boot

Liverpool fans 😭😭😭

Dundee Utd fans😞😱😢

Celtic fans 😔😣😪

Hibs fans😖😵😫😖🤬🤬🤬😠😡

Hearts fans

😎

23 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Bartley coming across as a decent level headed bloke on sportscene. 

Agree

4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hate to sound pompous, but any supporter asking Hearts for a partial refund on their ST with a max of 4 home games to go can **** off as far as I’m concerned.  We can’t punish the club financially for this.  

Agreed, but I can see how somebody who has shelled out a lot of cash for hospitality at say the Ross County game would want a refund.

Of the leagues I display on my phone app, the only one still playing is the Aussie A League.  Don't know how long that will last.

Should any of of you tune in through desperation, it comes with a Gary Hooper warning.  He's playing for Wellington and by all accounts playing well.

If you've nothing better to do around 6am, you can watch Gary Hooper.

Bazzas right boot

They could actually scrap, minimise or move next next season. 

Complete this season even say between Sept and dec. 

Only have the sc cup and a pre planned only play each other twice short league, say 18 games from Jan to May for season 2021,back to normal after. 

As this season would be completed, next season agreed in advance it would minimise or wipe out legal challenges. 

European places if pushed for as normal revert back to last season. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Liverpool fans 😭😭😭

Dundee Utd fans😞😱😢

Celtic fans 😔😣😪

Hibs fans😖😵😫😖🤬🤬🤬😠😡

Hearts fans

😎

:D

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Liverpool fans 😭😭😭

Dundee Utd fans😞😱😢

Celtic fans 😔😣😪

Hibs fans😖😵😫😖🤬🤬🤬😠😡

Hearts fans

😎

Brilliant!

gashauskis9
10 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Agreed, but I can see how somebody who has shelled out a lot of cash for hospitality at say the Ross County game would want a refund.

That’s different, I agree.  

17 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Hibs fans being denied their second greatest achievement due to coronavirus. 

Where can they write to?

Scott980612
21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Liverpool fans 😭😭😭

Dundee Utd fans😞😱😢

Celtic fans 😔😣😪

Hibs fans😖😵😫😖🤬🤬🤬😠😡

Hearts fans

😎

Haha! Accurate. 

3 hours ago, jumpship said:

How pathetic and cringeworthy are Celtic being. Lives are at risk and all they care about is "look at us, we are champions" 

Embarrassing... no wonder they are viewed as a disgusting joke around the world. 

The most vile club in world football thinking of themselves all the time

Rogue Daddy
55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Liverpool fans 😭😭😭

Dundee Utd fans😞😱😢

Celtic fans 😔😣😪

Hibs fans😖😵😫😖🤬🤬🤬😠😡

Hearts fans

😎

😂😂😂😎😎😎😂😂😂

Anyone listen to sportsound? Someone suggested the German leagues idea of bringing up two from each division for a season and make more up for relegation the season after. I think the boy worked for or was on the board for the SPFL/SFA and basically said we can’t increase the league due to our TV contract and how they have to play specific amount of the old firms game. He also said a belter of a line when he said “if we increased the league to 16 we’d end up with loads of meaningless games and teams with nothing to play for”. The EPL has 22 teams and is the most watched league in the world. A small insight into the idiots running our game. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

Anyone listen to sportsound? Someone suggested the German leagues idea of bringing up two from each division for a season and make more up for relegation the season after. I think the boy worked for or was on the board for the SPFL/SFA and basically said we can’t increase the league due to our TV contract and how they have to play specific amount of the old firms game. He also said a belter of a line when he said “if we increased the league to 16 we’d end up with loads of meaningless games and teams with nothing to play for”. The EPL has 22 teams and is the most watched league in the world. A small insight into the idiots running our game. 

If there is still 4 OF games the tv company will accept it.

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

TV contract is all with Sky exclusively next season so no doubt they will have the final say.

14 team league with a split then home and away during split still ensures 4 OF games. That's the most likely outcome if the season is void. SFA waiting for other leagues to show them the way as usual, no leadership.

1 hour ago, Hector Riva said:

Fuengirola still open Grumpy. Streets are very quiet. Restaurants are empty. Tomorrow lock down no doubt. I could think of worst places to be tho ☀

All bars and restaurants in Benidorm closed from midnight tonight, assume Fuengirola will be the same. Glad I went last month.

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Should be reminded of the title Hearts were denied due to WW1 when His lot stayed at home

Hear, hear!

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If that’s the case they’ll have to play the league to completion to honour the current contract surely. They can’t logically end the league prematurely then use that argument for next season. 

16 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

If the season is to be stopped and declared null and void, it’s not the only fair way to decide the dishing out of prizes but this definitely did cross my mind. One home and one away would certainly be fairer than simply deciding things when there are numerous different arithmetical outcomes still possible. I knew we’d still go down but I could live with the above rather than the inequality of stopping now and going with that. It’s almost worth going down to see the look on Lennon/Brown’s faces as Rangers are handed another tainted title to stop 9 in a row!

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

If the season is to be stopped and declared null and void, it’s not the only fair way to decide the dishing out of prizes but this definitely did cross my mind. One home and one away would certainly be fairer than simply deciding things when there are numerous different arithmetical outcomes still possible. I knew we’d still go down but I could live with the above rather than the inequality of stopping now and going with that. It’s almost worth going down to see the look on Lennon/Brown’s faces as Rangers are handed another tainted title to stop 9 in a row!

Not for me it isn’t. 😎

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

They aren't converse possibilities...they're both born from the same logic. Hearts shouldn't be relegated because there's still games to play, teams shouldn't be crowned champions because there's still games to play.

Sorry, but you're indulging in semantics, they are converse in that they produce the polar opposite effect, relegation versus title-winners. 

adjective
opposite or contrary in direction, action, sequence, etc.; turned around.
noun
something opposite or contrary.

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Now you can argue we should be relegated and Celtic should be champions because we should declare the current standings all you like but there's nothing illogical about the opposing viewpoint.

I'm not advocating we should be declared 'relegation-exempt', nor that Celtic should be crowned champions, only that people who hanker after the former should also acknowledge the latter.

Edited by newbie

4 minutes ago, newbie said:

Sorry, but you're indulging in semantics, they are converse in that they produce the polar opposite effect, relegation versus title-winners. 

adjective
opposite or contrary in direction, action, sequence, etc.; turned around.
noun
something opposite or contrary.

I'm not advocating we should be declared 'relegation-exempt', nor that Celtic should be crowned champions, only that people who hanker after the former should also acknowledge the latter.

The former happening wouldn't see the latter happening though...so why would people acknowledge it?

For us to be relegated and Celtic win the league you'd have to take the current standings. People are saying the league should be voided in order for us to stay up...which obviously wouldn't see Celtic win the league. There's no inconsistency there. 

Edited by Taffin

Who's to say Celtic would win the league anyway.  It's by no means a mathematical certainty.  They also could incur a 50 point penalty from the impartial SPFL for doing something despicable.  They are good at despicable.

I agree with what I've read on here the germans are doing.  Declare the league null and void.  Promote all the clubs in contention for promotion and have a monty big league for next season with us all playing each other twice like we did for donkey's years.

Five to One
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Some teams are going to go bust. St Johnstone are struggling as it is. No revenue from fans at the gates and what happens to the TV money?

I think we’ll find out the truth behind clubs finances in the coming weeks and months.  Was a stark reminder on Sportsound when they were discussing the lack of contingency/reserves of most clubs and no bail out fund at the SPFL or SFA. Scottish football lives by the seat of its pants. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Two things

See when our stupid dopey ******* clubs had the chance to remove the 11-1 vote with Rangers out the league and didn’t? Shame on them - and I understand Aberdeen and us voted against the change. Shameful.

Second, I’m slightly ITK re this virus. Hold onto your hats. Shit is going down from about 4 weeks from now.

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Two things

See when our stupid dopey ******* clubs had the chance to remove the 11-1 vote with Rangers out the league and didn’t? Shame on them - and I understand Aberdeen and us voted against the change. Shameful.

Second, I’m slightly ITK re this virus. Hold onto your hats. Shit is going down from about 4 weeks from now.

Do tell...

20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

People are saying the league should be voided in order for us to stay up...which obviously wouldn't see Celtic win the league. There's no inconsistency there. 

..... people, but not me though. That is categorically not what I said!  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Do tell...

I can’t - but I know someone (not a politician) that was at a meeting at a certain numbered house today in central London.

Trust the medical advice - it is not politically driven. Really take care of relatives over 70 - make plans now to to keep them away from unnecessary public contact, including other family members as much as is possible.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

25 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I can’t - but I know someone (not a politician) that was at a meeting at a certain numbered house today in central London.

Trust the medical advice - it is not politically driven. Really take care of relatives over 70 - make plans now to to keep them away from unnecessary public contact, including other family members as much as is possible.

Well thats hardly new insightful information this is going to be hugely impacting to everyone.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Well thats hardly new insightful information this is going to be hugely impacting to everyone.

There is a reason Boris said what he said last night about deaths

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

See Italy 

Pretty well explained its coming. Just hoping to slow it.