Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Not if you happen to be among the 1%!

(Hopefully not)

Or the 100% ...apparently!. Probably best to say 110% in public....just to keep the great unwashed on their toes.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Cochrane's at a loose end too. He's probably never aff it.

Sorted lol just need to pitch it to spl now and hope that one of our boys is a whizz on the xbox or ps4 lol

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tbf it’ll be a conspiracy by Rangers to stop 9iar and in Govan its a conspiracy by Celtic as Morelos was going to get his first goal against them on sunday and they were going to go on and win the league

I would love it if the season was declared null and void, Lennon mentioned this 30 game rule but ironically enough their bigoted pals have only played 29 😃😆🤪.

David McCaig

Are we declaring Raith winners of League 1 as they are 1 point clear of Falkirk... Despite the fact they are scheduled to go to Falkirk on the last day of the season?

27A40021-A1CF-41BF-BDF7-67FEDE5A7108.png

23 minutes ago, Crete said:

Jurgen is class.

Totally agree thinking of others in comparison 

with Lennon who only thinks of himself a very

selfish man

Midloth_Iain

I look forward to the BBC Sportsound outrage & ridicule over Lennon's statement ....

Oh, wait, maybe not 😷

heatonjambo
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

How does this compare to Neil Lennons statement.  Ones class one is crass. 

Jurgen Klopp

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

👏👏

fantastic herr Klopp and liverpool

hide yourself in shame Lennon and celtic

Apologies if already mentioned on this thread or elsewhere but there's a Sportscene Special at 7pm on the BBC Scotland channel. 

Thommo and, if he's back from holiday and virus free, Michael Stewart will have all the answers. 

I find this present situation very difficult to find reasonable conclusion. If the remaining games cannot be played in a fair time before the projected start of the next season I personally think the season should be abandoned. However in saying that there are so many reasons why the season should proceed to its conclusion division winners, promotion and relegation being just a few. On the other hand if for example games are postponed for say  8 to 10 weeks when the season does restart it will not be like it is the same season :lol: The players will not have trained properly games will have to be crammed into a short time frame in short the norms of the game will go completely out the window. If the SPL decide that the season must be concluded then it should be done in such a manner  that teams have time to prepare  and enough time is given between games.

The thought of the season being null and void, Stendel getting a pre season and bringing in players that are capable 😁😁🇱🇻

Magic Mamadou. 

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

I find this present situation very difficult to find reasonable conclusion. If the remaining games cannot be played in a fair time before the projected start of the next season I personally think the season should be abandoned. However in saying that there are so many reasons why the season should proceed to its conclusion division winners, promotion and relegation being just a few. On the other hand if for example games are postponed for say  8 to 10 weeks when the season does restart it will not be like it is the same season :lol: The players will not have trained properly games will have to be crammed into a short time frame in short the norms of the game will go completely out the window. If the SPL decide that the season must be concluded then it should be done in such a manner  that teams have time to prepare  and enough time is given between games.

Good post, Jock. 

If the virus isn't due to peak until May/June and the players can't train together, or properly, they'll have to do some kind of preseason before starting again. 

That could mean the fixtures not being resumed until July. 

If that is the case then abandoning the league season could be the only solution. 

The Scottish Cup is now just a three game tournament and could be squeezed in but not the league fixtures. 

Declare the league season null and void (we'd lose two wins at ER but the avoidance of relegation would compensate), scrap relegation, promote two and increase the Premier to 14 for next season. Either permanently or for one season only. If temporary, relegate three in '20/21 (Hibs included, hopefully) and promote one for '21/22.

How pathetic and cringeworthy are Celtic being. Lives are at risk and all they care about is "look at us, we are champions" 

Embarrassing... no wonder they are viewed as a disgusting joke around the world. 

This thread amply demonstrates the vagaries of the cranial synapses of the average football fan. On the one hand, Hearts fans crave the league table to be frozen because we're racing certainties for the drop but we cannot conceive of the converse possibility of the clear league leaders being awarded a title that is patently obviously their's by right! While I'm no fan of the other cheek, I'll hold my hands up to being somebody who wishes to bestow upon Rangers* their first genuinely earned title of First Club To Be Liquidated Twice.   

alwaysthereinspirit

I'd like to think both Klopp and Lemmons press releases go viral in every language possible world wide.

Celtic cant back track this one. 

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

Good post, Jock. 

If the virus isn't due to peak until May/June and the players can't train together, or properly, they'll have to do some kind of preseason before starting again. 

If that is the case then abandoning the league season could be the only solution. 

The Scottish Cup is now just a three game tournament and could be squeezed in but not the league fixtures. 

Declare the league season null and void (we'd lose two wins at ER but the avoidance of relegation would compensate), scrap relegation, promote two and increase the Premier to 14 for next season. Either permanently or for one season only. If temporary, relegate three in '20/21 (Hibs included, hopefully) and promote one for '21/22.

It is certainly a most difficult position for not only the  football side but also the government people do have to be protected and some sort of common sense must prevail. The situation is not without a sort of parallel it is 1914 Hearts are right at the other end of the league the war mongers are infuriated that football is still being played while men are senselessly dying in a stupid imperialistic war our brave young lads break the mold and join up as a unit    ... we all know what happened then.

47 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

👏👏

fantastic herr Klopp and liverpool

hide yourself in shame Lennon and celtic

It’s why Klopp isn’t just one of the best, if not the best managers in the world but is a man with the utmost integrity 

Fantastic 

Lennon - Another example of why you are a yellow toothed ginger mink 

spirt of 98

Not reading the whole thread l, this msg have been said 

If the season is delayed there is potential that clubs may have players who’s contracts have fun out prior to the new end date. How can this be fair. 

scrap the season start again next year. 

5 minutes ago, newbie said:

This thread amply demonstrates the vagaries of the cranial synapses of the average football fan. On the one hand, Hearts fans crave the league table to be frozen because we're racing certainties for the drop but we cannot conceive of the converse possibility of the clear league leaders being awarded a title that is patently obviously their's by right! While I'm no fan of the other cheek, I'll hold my hands up to being somebody who wishes to bestow upon Rangers* their first genuinely earned title of First Club To Be Liquidated Twice.   

Don't get why we are certainties for the drop? There are still more than enough games left from which to gain the required points to remain. On the other hand Celtic are champions by right ?... why there are still enough points available for the team in second place to catch them. You have some bizarre ideas about arithmetic. I don't think your brain is quite the best either! 

3 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Not reading the whole thread l, this msg have been said 

If the season is delayed there is potential that clubs may have players who’s contracts have fun out prior to the new end date. How can this be fair. 

scrap the season start again next year. 

Give us that again in English!

1 hour ago, Mundaydog said:

Not a liverpool fan but In comparison to Neil Lennon’s statement thats on a different level all together. Class response 

Indeed 

15 minutes ago, newbie said:

Why not just type in commonly used English?  ‘We cannot conceive of the converse’. 😀

highlandjambo3
28 minutes ago, martoon said:

Good post, Jock. 

I’m here......without the benefit of a Chrystal ball, a team should not be relegated if there was a possibility they could have avoided the drop.  Any team at the top & second should be promoted, they are where they are on merit.  This avoids unnecessary relegations, legal proceedings and all the nonsense that comes with it.  It’s a win win for everyone I would think.  
What’s the alternative?

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It’s why Klopp isn’t just one of the best, if not the best managers in the world but is a man with the utmost integrity 

Fantastic 

Lennon - Another example of why you are a yellow toothed ginger mink 

This 👍

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Why not just type in commonly used English?  ‘We cannot conceive of the converse’. 😀

I'll send you a link to basic primary one English just as soon as the coronavirus passes. No need to thank me. 

2 minutes ago, newbie said:

I'll send you a link to basic primary one English just as soon as the coronavirus passes. No need to thank me. 

I knew it. You were doing it to try and look like a clever ****. Well done you.

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I'd like to think both Klopp and Lemmons press releases go viral in every language possible world wide.

Celtic cant back track this one. 

Happy that Lennon is being further exposed as a classless individual.

The demons will spin it though, be assured of that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Neil Lennon will always be a complete wank.

I’ll buy a shirt with COVID-19 on the back if we stay up.

And will then go back to abusing Budge and all the losers around her.

SectionDJambo

If Rangers were in Celtic’s position in the league at present, do we think that Lennon would be saying that Rangers should be awarded the championship title because they are 13 points in front?

I doubt it myself. Probably he would be more along the lines of plenty points to play for and anything can happen.

What a shallow, selfish entity Celtic are.

MarkDevriesScores4

Sorry, nothing new to add. Just read Lennon’s statement and even for that popcorn-toothed ned, he’s gone way too far. More concerned about his own c.v. than a pandemic. Absolute vile creature 

Let’s see what the authorities propose but if there is even an inkling that they are thinking of relegating us and awarding leagues, the club would need to fight tooth and nail.

grumpyespana
2 hours ago, westbow said:

Army on standby to deliver tube socks to 2 million housebound Scotsmen with no sport to watch on tv.

Worse for me and my fellow jambos in Spain just now us in Murcia are on a lockdown with only the supermarkets and chemist open all bars and eating places have shut down, tomorrow we will find out if the whole of Spain is on lockdown guys.

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

Sorted lol just need to pitch it to spl now and hope that one of our boys is a whizz on the xbox or ps4 lol

Not played it in years. Is there a gegenpress mode available for young Harry?

1 hour ago, newbie said:

They aren't converse possibilities...they're both born from the same logic. Hearts shouldn't be relegated because there's still games to play, teams shouldn't be crowned champions because there's still games to play.

Now you can argue we should be relegated and Celtic should be champions because we should declare the current standings all you like but there's nothing illogical about the opposing viewpoint.

Edited by Taffin

3 hours ago, lou said:

Not interested in a refund from Hearts, will expect one from Livvy through 😁

Yep. If Livi and Aberdeen Away are never played I want a refund for those games.

I won't ask for a refund of any kind for remaining games on my Heart's season ticket though but I get full pay if off sick unlike some others. 

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They aren't converse possibilities...they're both born from the same logic. Hearts shouldn't be relegated because there's still games to play, teams shouldn't be crowned champions because there's still games to play.

Now you can argue we should be relegated and Celtic should be champions because we should declare the current standings all you like but there's nothing illogical about the opposing viewpoint.

Correct obviously 

johnking123

Some teams are going to go bust. St Johnstone are struggling as it is. No revenue from fans at the gates and what happens to the TV money?

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Aye that all fair and well BUT if you are a Celtic fan its different:laugh2:

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, hueyview said:

Well,would be interesting to see how they sell that to United.....

"You may have romped the league but your in the playoffs, never mind your playing a dire Hearts team, so that's alright"

What happens if they award Tim's league and relegate hearts with immediate effect,   in the next fortnight or so ???  Do hearts put in appeal or ?

Hectormasson
19 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Some teams are going to go bust. St Johnstone are struggling as it is. No revenue from fans at the gates and what happens to the TV money?

F

....k knows how killie and hamilton can get by ?  Its astonishing .....

21 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Yup, Inverness likewise. It's not so long ago they said the coffers are empty and they were living day to day.

Hector Riva
34 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Worse for me and my fellow jambos in Spain just now us in Murcia are on a lockdown with only the supermarkets and chemist open all bars and eating places have shut down, tomorrow we will find out if the whole of Spain is on lockdown guys.

Fuengirola still open Grumpy. Streets are very quiet. Restaurants are empty. Tomorrow lock down no doubt. I could think of worst places to be tho ☀

41 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Sorry to hear that mate. I was a bit miffed cos my holiday was cancelled, hope you all get back ok

Edited by norrie1952
Just realised your username doh

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Bartley coming across as a decent level headed bloke on sportscene. 

He fingered an opposition players farter.

Decent? I think not.