• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Boab said:

What is the reason ?

That we’re not Taiwan ?

Let’s catch up about this again in 4 weeks.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It will still be the same answer to the same question.

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

People are going to die.

The NHS is going to be pushed to breaking point.

Peoples lives will be massively impacted.

Lots of us are going to get it.

This will last a reasonably long time.

That about cover it ?

Edited by Jamboelite

12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

There is a reason Boris said what he said last night about deaths

Yeah, it’s because people are going to die. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

People are going to die.

The NHS is going to be pushed to breaking point.

Peoples lives will be massively impacted.

Lots of us are going to get it.

This will last a reasonably long time.

That about cover it ?

If you were to summarise this as a number out of 10 (10 being the most serious you can imagine) what would you score your forecast out of 10?

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If you were to summarise this as a number out of 10 (10 being the most serious you can imagine) what would you score your forecast out of 10?

Does one mean no more deaths and ten means everybody is going to die?

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You’re into number 10 a bit, mate.

A certain numbered hoose etc !

Noo this malarkey !

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So the expected death rate is the underlying news.

Well based on Italy having not even reached its peak we could be looking at 1000’s of people.

So in a mystical 1-10 with 10 being a nuclear explosion i dunno a 7? 

Edited by Jamboelite

It could be in the region of at least 600,000 deaths in the UK...

NHS already at breaking point and the vulnerable can’t be saved, well not many anyway.

10 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

So the expected death rate is the underlying news.

Well based on Italy having not even reached its peak we could be looking at 1000’s of people.

So in a mystical 1-10 with 10 being a nuclear explosion i dunno a 7? 

Can’t be. That would mean most of the population gone on that scale. 

Well something seems to have happened this afternoon as there seems to be a change in policy coming out tonight from the government 

But yes - let’s keep up the age old tradition of ripping into someone that might have some info about something

21 minutes ago, kila said:

It could be in the region of at least 600,000 deaths in the UK...

NHS already at breaking point and the vulnerable can’t be saved, well not many anyway.

Edit :

Sorry late and crap maths 1% which would mean everyone getting it firstly which is unlikely.

Edited by Jamboelite

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Well something seems to have happened this afternoon as there seems to be a change in policy coming out tonight from the government 

But yes - let’s keep up the age old tradition of ripping into someone that might have some info about something

What change in policy? Iv missed this? All iv seen is a plan to ban mass gatherings , which we have already said is happening up here.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Makes sense that anybody with inside info would rush on here to tell us all right enough. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

What change in policy? Iv missed this? All iv seen is a plan to ban mass gatherings , which we have already said is happening up here.

Just what Nicola Sturgeon said 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Makes sense that anybody with inside info would rush on here to tell us all right enough. 

Why not? This thread is about the virus? Also hardly a rush - it’s after 11 at night 😂😂

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Why not? This thread is about the virus? Also hardly a rush - it’s after 11 at night 😂😂

True 😀I’m just sceptical and I’m also aware of the doomsday prophecies spread by the Facebook crew and think it’s more likely someone would post some of that guff on here. 

it’s an awful situation which social media isn’t helping. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

True 😀I’m just sceptical and I’m also aware of the doomsday prophecies spread by the Facebook crew and think it’s more likely someone would post some of that guff on here. 

it’s an awful situation which social media isn’t helping. 

I agree with that.

But as a participant in...erm....controversy myself, Tam H Dug doesn’t seem the wind up attention seeking type IMO

John Gentleman
7 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

How does this compare to Neil Lennons statement.  Ones class one is crass. 

Jurgen Klopp

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

What a classy individual. Something our Australian prime minister can only aspire to.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I agree with that.

But as a participant in...erm....controversy myself, Tam H Dug doesn’t seem the wind up attention seeking type IMO

Fair. None of what I said was aimed at Tom. Just a general lack of trust inpeople saying they know stuff.

Edited by GinRummy

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair. None of what I said was aimed at Tom. Just a general lack of trust inpeople saying they know stuff.

Fair dues mate - hardly anyone on here is identifiable.

Interested to hear what else THD says about this if anything - we don’t have anything else to talk about.....

grumpyespana
4 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

Sorry to hear that mate. I was a bit miffed cos my holiday was cancelled, hope you all get back ok

I am fine Norrie lol I stay in Spain now but hope to move back to Fife later this year for good having suffered 15 yrs of this warm climate lol.

Enzo Chiefo

The only fair way to settle this season is quite clearly to turn the league table upside down;  arse about tit , in the local vernacular.  Award the prizes accordingly. Job done.😎

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Who's to say Celtic would win the league anyway.  It's by no means a mathematical certainty.  They also could incur a 50 point penalty from the impartial SPFL for doing something despicable.  They are good at despicable.

I agree with what I've read on here the germans are doing.  Declare the league null and void.  Promote all the clubs in contention for promotion and have a monty big league for next season with us all playing each other twice like we did for donkey's years.

Teutonic efficiency ........ the only way to go.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The news tonight isn’t a sign of any particular escalation in the virus - the move by the government is primarily political (for the first time). 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

10/10

Always dreaded a slow, lingering one anyway. And I ain't kiddin'!

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Second, I’m slightly ITK re this virus. Hold onto your hats. Shit is going down from about 4 weeks from now.

yep. Me too. Absolute no chance this league or Cup is continuing in the next 2-3 months. Zero.

5 hours ago, EH22-Jambo said:

Yep. If Livi and Aberdeen Away are never played I want a refund for those games.

I won't ask for a refund of any kind for remaining games on my Heart's season ticket though but I get full pay if off sick unlike some others. 

Was wondering about that. Not particularly bothered but did wonder if I would get a refund and how it works for away fans who have bought tickets.

just wondered as I say. More important things to think about obviously but crossed my mind

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Expect announcement about schools soon around Easter hols.

they are bound to be shut from early next week I’d wager

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

4 week Easter holiday 

I've read this thread carefully and I don't think anyone on it is scaremongering.  We wouldn't have a virtual global close down of public events if the people who are itk in the medical profession weren't desperately concerned.

In NZ, we only have 5 confirmed cases, none of whom are said to be at risk, and no deaths, yet everything is being shut down.  They simply wouldn't react to that extent if they weren't gravely concerned about what's in store.

As someone has said on here, in 4 weeks time we might have a lot more to worry about than football.

I'm hoping against hope that a worst case scenario does not eventuate but as days go by I am increasingly concerned for my own family and everyone else.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

timing is key - one week before, one week after - to minimise inconvenience as kids would be off for two of those anyway

Tom Hardy’s Dug
26 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Always dreaded a slow, lingering one anyway. And I ain't kiddin'!

If you are over 70 with any conditions it’s quick 

J.T.F.Robertson
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If you are over 70 with any conditions it’s quick 

So I gather.

One out of two's (so far as I know) no' bad.

John Gentleman

Fellow Kickbackers, this is how quickly things can escalate......

I work in a military facility in Adelaide (Air Force) . I've just received a text from my boss (a squadron leader) advising that that the Office Commanding (OC) of the Wing has been tested positive for Covid-19 following a 2-week trip to the US.

Him (the OC) being an Englishman, we often have 'tea cosy' chats about our respective football teams (him, Arsenal and me, Hearts). We've had a few of them since he returned from the States.

So now, I'm in a state of 14-day quarantine, like it or not. I'm asymtomatic, but........

No idea whether this comes off my sick leave, annual leave or even long service leave.

TBH, I just feel like getting pished.

17 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

I expect the first few commenters to this thread, way back on the 05th of March are feeling pretty silly.

Not all. The type of  people who make such pronouncements with absolutely nothing to support it are also the type of people who continue to insist they were right in some way shape or form. With absolutely nothing to support it.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, John Gentleman said:

Fellow Kickbackers, this is how quickly things can escalate......

I work in a military facility in Adelaide (Air Force) . I've just received a text from my boss (a squadron leader) advising that that the Office Commanding (OC) of the Wing has been tested positive for Covid-19 following a 2-week trip to the US.

Him (the OC) being an Englishman, we often have 'tea cosy' chats about our respective football teams (him, Arsenal and me, Hearts). We've had a few of them since he returned from the States.

So now, I'm in a state of 14-day quarantine, like it or not. I'm asymtomatic, but........

No idea whether this comes off my sick leave, annual leave or even long service leave.

TBH, I just feel like getting pished.

That’s crap, hope you get the all clear. Just noticed the Australian football league and a few other sports are still going ahead.

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Not all. The type of  people who make such pronouncements with absolutely nothing to support it are also the type of people who continue to insist they were right in some way shape or form. With absolutely nothing to support it.

You talking about Trump and Johnson 😜?

Nicholas Brody
1 hour ago, BobbyCox said:

I expect the first few commenters to this thread, way back on the 05th of March are feeling pretty silly.

I'm certainly not 👍

On 05/03/2020 at 20:07, Nicholas Brody said:

I mentioned in another thread but plans are in place for our semi to be behind closed doors.

The season is also at risk and people thinking they'll continue it behind closed doors are sorely mistaken.

Massive over reaction imo but I think there's a real possibility of this happening.

What happens regarding relegation etc I have no idea but I do know what the SPFL/SFA are like and I reckon it'll be the worst possible outcome.