• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

No ban in England, Science and common sense prevails.

Not necessarily.

Johnson/Hancock/Cummings are going with a 'herd immunity' outcome. 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

That was the lines I was thinking on!

:thumbsup:

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

That is an interesting one. How do you tackle the lost revenue of what promotion would bring for example TV rights and sponsorship deals etc...

I think Utd are in debt by quite a bit so im not sure they would accept having to play another 36 games to get out of that league despite the advantage.

For Utd it would be better than simply abandoning the league.

TV rights and sponsorship could be shared in some way by a formula based on positions at the point of abandonment of this season's leagues.

28 minutes ago, jambokev said:

So does the FM, that's why the ban on gatherings over 500 people starts on Monday !

A link to that would be good.

I have only seen her recommend that this morning. 

This says different. There is no ban. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/51860864

Edited by Mikey1874

14 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

No ban in England, Science and common sense prevails.

Yet.    Its just a matter of time until all games are postponed or cancelled.    Science isn't prevailing. 

SpruceBringsteen

Class that Scotland risks widespread contagion to appease 60,000 barely human mutants that wouldn't know soap from shite. I mean F1 and the Champs League have shut down, but lord knows these rancid cretins need their 90 minute bigot rally, so **** the rest of the population. Really top stuff.

davemclaren

Interesting comments from this ‘expert’. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/health-expert-brands-uks-coronavirus-response-pathetic?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1584026622

Ashton, a Liverpool fan, said if football matches were held in empty stadiums, there was a risk that fans would congregate in pubs instead. “Clubs that have their own TV channels need to make viewing of the games free to everybody, so people can watch them at home,” he said.

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Yet.    Its just a matter of time until all games are postponed or cancelled.    Science isn't prevailing. 

Make rationale decisions mate, that is the scientific approach...or run around blaming the govt  and screaming WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE

Pasquale for King

Grand Prix cancelled.

Scottish Government ban all gatherings with over 500 folk from next week.

The performance wing at Riccarton has been quarantined as someone is being tested who works there.

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting comments from this ‘expert’. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/health-expert-brands-uks-coronavirus-response-pathetic?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1584026622

Ashton, a Liverpool fan, said if football matches were held in empty stadiums, there was a risk that fans would congregate in pubs instead. “Clubs that have their own TV channels need to make viewing of the games free to everybody, so people can watch them at home,” he said.

People would still group in houses. All round to one gaff to watch the game surely.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

News flash just said 60 events in Scotland with over 500 people cancelled.....but not the cheeks.......farce.

Correct. It is a farce.

9 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Make rationale decisions mate, that is the scientific approach...or run around blaming the govt  and screaming WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE

Well I'm certainly not doing the latter but the science is compelling and rationale decisions are on their way.....but to delay and allow a gathering of c60k people is definately not rational,    its showing a lack of leadership. 

jack D and coke
23 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Class that Scotland risks widespread contagion to appease 60,000 barely human mutants that wouldn't know soap from shite. I mean F1 and the Champs League have shut down, but lord knows these rancid cretins need their 90 minute bigot rally, so **** the rest of the population. Really top stuff.

I hadn’t thought about that. Guaranteed that’s came into the thinking though. 
This rancid little country man. 

5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Well I'm certainly not doing the latter but the science is compelling and rationale decisions are on their way.....but to delay and allow a gathering of c60k people is definately not rational,    its showing a lack of leadership. 

They've explained their strategy in detail. They may be wrong but its got **** all to do with lack of leadership.

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

They've explained their strategy in detail. They may be wrong but its got **** all to do with lack of leadership.

Screenshot_20200312_175009_com.twitter.android.jpg

All roads lead to Gorgie

Any erse cheek fan that is injured and needs to go to hospital because they are blootered or involved in fighting should be jailed. 

This game especially causes major problems for the police and hospitals so should be off completely not played behind closed doors as you would still have problems with idiots out in the streets.

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Lack of leadership right there. 

I think you need to look up the meaning of leadership. Anyway I'm happy with what I'm hearing and I'm sure these events will all be banned soon. 

No longer active

The PM, chief medical officer and his advisor has just told us that it’s only a matter of time before up to 80% of the population will get this.  

The SCIENCE is evolving and the message is clear that it is inevitable that all sporting events as well as other forms of gathering will cease soon.

This is to protect the vulnerable members of our society. The fate of Hearts this season really doesn’t matter when compared to our parents and grandparents lives!

A very worrying prospect!

SpruceBringsteen
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I hadn’t thought about that. Guaranteed that’s came into the thinking though. 
This rancid little country man. 

11 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Screenshot_20200312_175009_com.twitter.android.jpg

It's roughly the same as allowing a gathering of 3.6 MILLION people over here to happen. The NHL has just shut down the league and the attendances are around 20k a game. It's absolute ****ing lunacy allowing the OF match (and for that matter any others) to go ahead.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

joondalupjambo
2 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

The PM, chief medical officer and his advisor has just told us that it’s only a matter of time before up to 80% of the population will get this.  

The SCIENCE is evolving and the message is clear that it is inevitable that all sporting events as well as other forms of gathering will cease soon.

This is to protect the vulnerable members of our society. The fate of Hearts this season really doesn’t matter when compared to our parents and grandparents lives!

A very worrying prospect!

The 80% figure is the very worse case scenario.  Silver linings and all that😃

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

It's roughly the same as allowing a gathering of 3.6 MILLION people over here to happen. The NHL has just shut down the league and the attendances are around 20k a game. It's absolute ****ing lunacy allowing the game (and for that matter any others) to go ahead.

Why, what will happen?

No longer active
3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

The 80% figure is the very worse case scenario.  Silver linings and all that😃

Hence why I said UPTO 80%

annushorribilis III

Sturgeon to ban mass outdoor gatherings of >500 as of next week. So that's closed door matches or a delay to season end ? 

5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I think you need to look up the meaning of leadership. Anyway I'm happy with what I'm hearing and I'm sure these events will all be banned soon. 

I really don't..... Governing bodies are showing a lack of leadership.   A clear decision (if that's what you think we have),  is a very narrow definition of leadership which for most people includes making timely decisions and making brave decisions not attached to fear or failure.  Govt showing more leadership that out footballing leadership to be fair, but could and probably should be braver.  

2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Sturgeon to ban mass outdoor gatherings of >500 as of next week. So that's closed door matches or a delay to season end ? 

Can she do that? She can advise it but does she have the power to ban it?  Not saying she doesn’t btw, just unsure. 

...a bit disco
Just now, kila said:

Geoff says it is still on

Tbf, he obviously knows more than Sky Sports about this.

You know, an official F1 broadcaster.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Tbf, he obviously knows more than Sky Sports about this.

You know, an official F1 broadcaster.

😄

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Cant see it being shut down..probably play games behind closed doors

Putting players officials and staff at risk?I don't think so. 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Did you watch the PM’s press conference where the govt. scientists explained in impressive detail the pros and cons of cancelling outdoor events and the rationale for not doing so at the moment?

Yes.

Typical Little Britain style response. We know better than the rest of the world.

Followed by another expert stating what they said wouldn't really work.

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

That means they would be shutting down everything then? Asda, tesco? with the thousands of people that come and go through the doors of those places

Edited by Hearts007

baxterd1974
12 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Why, what will happen?

It's part of a bigger picture. The delay phase.  The point is not containment  it's about protecting your infrastructure and creating a drip feed rather than an avalanche.  That way your services cope. You cannot argue that allowing 100-120k people to gather in 3 days is sensible. Apparently 2-3k people from the worst infected area of Germany included.

No longer active
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Actually it’s the players’, officials’ and staffs’ parents/grandparents that are being put at risk - but you are right to say “don’t think so”

4 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

To be fair to Geoff, it was probably still on when he posted.

It was but he was proclaiming that there was no way it wouldn't go ahead.

"I'll be sitting on the golf course at turn 11 on my deckchair as usual"  (roughly what he said.)

You might well be Geoff, but you won't be watching any F1 from your chair.

SpruceBringsteen
18 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Why, what will happen?

What WILL happen? No idea. Maybe nothing. Maybe it'll **** up hundreds of thousands.

Ken what though? I'd rather no risk lives over maybes though. Now if you're done being a smart *****, away and take a **** at yourself wee man.