Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Had a pop up that Italian news reports saying EPL moving towards closed door games very soon.

NBA game postponed at short notice as a player reported to be positive.

Edit - have I just heard NBA has shut down?

The EPL can afford to do this, as if they played every game in a season behind closed doors, the clubs would still make money.  

The rest of the teams in the rest of the UK leagues almost certainly can’t., even if they do not part refund outstanding season tickets. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

Dagger Is Back
6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yes and they came through passport control and designated points of entry. Unlike Schengen where you can basically drive across Europe.

I've been listening right now to a virologist from Cambridge on Radio Ulster. He is incredulous at Trump's ban because it is utterly pointless. As he just said, travel bans simply consume health resources RIGHT NOW which should be used for testing and contact tracing those with the greatest exposure to risk.

PS He also said that Denmark's effortd were more about political posturing.

It would make your head burst trying to get a handle on all of this Geoff.

Everything should come through one agency in an ideal perfect world like WHO. Blue sky thinking but I wonder if we’ll ever get to a point in time when that happens and there’s a united approach to climate change and issues like this

Wish the media would stop interviewing expert  x, y and z. They simply confuse the population.

John Gentleman
5 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Everything should come through one agency in an ideal perfect world like WHO. Blue sky thinking but I wonder if we’ll ever get to a point in time when that happens and there’s a united approach to climate change and issues like this

Wish the media would stop interviewing expert  x, y and z. They simply confuse the population.

Aye, information overload. You can get some relief here, (or at least a sense of perspective): https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

The numbers are dizzying.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Of course, but it is simpler to think of it this way. Most of us will get it, you'd be very unlucky to get really sick or worse from it but we just don't want everyone to get it tomorrow.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, His name is said:

I think closed doors matches could be announced following the cobra meeting today. 

Hope so I cant face another league game watching that bunch of losers this season

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Of course, but it is simpler to think of it this way. Most of us will get it, you'd be very unlucky to get really sick or worse from it but we just don't want everyone to get it tomorrow.

I would reckon it would be broadly similar to swine flu. No, there isn't a vaccine and the effects can be worse in some cases. But it's less infectious than flus and, looking at the worldwide figures; slowing down now in South Korea and China, it's hard to see anymore than 1% of the UK population being infected. That represents 5 times the worldwide figure just now after 3 months of this thing. Back in 2009 they were forecasting 65k deaths in the UK alone and it ended up with 150 or so. 

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Would one of our players take one for the team and catch the bloody thing?  Probably all it would take to cancel the whole season.

I still reckon sibbick is patient zero.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I would reckon it would be broadly similar to swine flu. No, there isn't a vaccine and the effects can be worse in some cases. But it's less infectious than flus and, looking at the worldwide figures; slowing down now in South Korea and China, it's hard to see anymore than 1% of the UK population being infected. That represents 5 times the worldwide figure just now after 3 months of this thing. Back in 2009 they were forecasting 65k deaths in the UK alone and it ended up with 150 or so. 

Yes, but the problem in Wuhan is that the lockdown has stopped the build up of herd immunity. So now the question for those in Wuhan who were NOT infected but were in lockdown is their exposure to the virus. This is why we actually do need it to spread but at a slower rate.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I still reckon sibbick is patient zero.

Never thought of that actually. Didn’t train in two weeks, makes sense...

56 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Agree with your first para. But how does expanding the league help, what about the teams in the Championship who miss out on promotion to the new Premier league

I would give Dundee Utd entry as they clearly are going to win the league and then I'd probably do the playoffs in the Championship when this all blows over but same point is raised re who is in the playoffs. Ideally we'd have a 24 team league. or 18 teams. Any reconfiguring would deny relegation and bring about mass promotion anyway.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yes, but the problem in Wuhan is that the lockdown has stopped the build up of herd immunity. So now the question for those in Wuhan who were NOT infected but were in lockdown is their exposure to the virus. This is why we actually do need it to spread but at a slower rate.

Pity we cannot control the rate with any great accuracy.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yes, I agree,  that could happen. There are difficult decisions to be taken and I don't envy those making them. 

Brighton Jambo

Just a matter of time till players and staff starting catching the illness then that’s it game over and season postponed indefinitely.

not dramatic or scaremongering just a mathematical certainty 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Just a matter of time till players and staff starting catching the illness then that’s it game over and season postponed indefinitely.

Quite but the time is the key imperative for everything.

If they get through May, even with closed door games, it's also then probable that the start of the new season is delayed as that will have flattened the peak significantly.

heartsfc_fan

All very grim. But the way it's going we probably won't be there in person to see us relegated.

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Might actually save us if it’s delayed until the summer. Depending on players contracts being extended. All up in the air at the moment.

Pasquale for King

McLaren have pulled out of the Australian GP as one of their team members tested positive for Coronavirus.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

McLaren have pulled out of the Australian GP as one of their team members tested positive for Coronavirus.

That will piss my son off. He's a big McLaren fan.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll be honest. I don't want our season to end prematurely, or to be saved from relegation by the medical situation. 

Imagine the ignominy of it. Facing fans from other teams with the knowledge of what may have saved us. I couldn't look them in the eye 

I would rather be relegated due to our own inadequacies. 

It may not bother some, but having supported the Hearts since the early 1960s, well it would bother me.

I’ll be honest and say I’d happily accept that. 

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll be honest. I don't want our season to end prematurely, or to be saved from relegation by the medical situation. 

Imagine the ignominy of it. Facing fans from other teams with the knowledge of what may have saved us. I couldn't look them in the eye 

It may not bother some, but having supported the Hearts since the early 1960s, well it would bother me.

It never bothered Aberdeen fans.

RustyRightPeg

McLaren have pulled out the Aus GP. 

That’s huge. I bet Haas follow suit now as two of their crew have it. 

Can of worms...

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's last week's fake. Try harder.

Or it’s a draft document that may or may not be used. Must think harder ...

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Or it’s a draft document that may or may not be used. Must think harder ...

Given it was posted last week before a set of fixtures was due, it's already been debunked. Bit like your Levein myths.

The league will be called after the games on Sunday. Scottish cup games brought forward and played behind closed doors. That’s my guess. 

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The race is on. You can wet your pants all you like but I'll have my deckchairs on the golf course at Turn 11 as usual.

PS The teams and equipment arrived last week. The drivers are the last to arrive and unless Monaco goes into lockdown, they are fine.

Where Ferrari travel on to after Melbourne is more interesting.

Still this confident? :lol:

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Given it was posted last week before a set of fixtures was due, it's already been debunked. Bit like your Levein myths.

Debunked by whom? 

What relevance does the ex manager have to this discussion? As tedious, as it is infantile ....

Stendelnator
31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If you want Hearts to go into another financial crisis because of your pride, you have a major problem

Currently a meeting taken place with Rangers officials and Bayern officials about tonight’s match. Players all ready been told they aren’t to do any post match hospitality boxes or that. Cars to be brought into the stadium as to avoid signing autographs outside etx. 

Seymour M Hersh
33 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't know Jonno imagine the seethe from the vermin. That would be pretty entertaining. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I don't know Jonno imagine the seethe from the vermin. That would be pretty entertaining. 

This 100 percent.

FM: "The Health Secretary and I have decided this morning that we are minded that we will advise the cancellation, from the start of next week, of mass gatherings of 500 people or more." #FMQs.   From Twitter 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
42 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Who gives a shit? Do you spend a lot of time looking into the eyes of other fans?

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Debunked by whom? 

What relevance does the ex manager have to this discussion? As tedious, as it is infantile ....

Just drawing a comparison.

Thought Police
6 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

FM: "The Health Secretary and I have decided this morning that we are minded that we will advise the cancellation, from the start of next week, of mass gatherings of 500 people or more." #FMQs.   From Twitter 

Heaven forbid they cancel an Old Firm game...

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Still this confident? :lol:

Yep. Will miss McLaren though.

I can't imagine the games will remain unaffected.    Closed doors games maybe initially but there are still financial implications which will hit very hard.    Cancellation of further games is still very possible.    If this has to happen then the options are:

Season null and void.    Highly unlikely.

Games postponed and season carries on later?    Logistical nightmare.

Season declared completed (Hearts relegated).     Bit unfair to deprive a club of the still realistic chance to avoid relegation.    One club (us) stands to suffer more than others.

Cancel relegation and start next season with 14 teams (Premiership + top 2 in Championship).    Unfair on other Championship sides who lose out on the play-offs.     16 teams (Prem + 4).     Fairness wise it's the best all round but would face opposition from old firm filth and various others who would say it would cost them revenue.

But everyone is going to lose money.    Fairness to the maximum number of clubs should over-ride everything else.

37 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

99F367A1-0E07-4891-9CB6-58B87132353A.thumb.jpeg.555ac120fb0f74706ec466df2858ba62.jpeg

This might be true. Seems to be heading that way. Not on SPFL website or anywhere else I can see. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

This might be true. Seems to be heading that way. Not on SPFL website or anywhere else I can see. 

Jesus! It's the same one up the thread from last week!

8 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Who gives a shit? Do you spend a lot of time looking into the eyes of other fans?

Probably not tbh.

@jonnothejambo is only two feet tall.

In his platforms.