Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, graygo said:

Geoff will be gutted.

You can put the deckchair away.

:pleasing:

No one gutted in this household. More like stress when you find your 15 year old autistic kid has been up all night because he is stressing that he won't be able to attend any AFL games this forthcoming season.

And if it is cancelled, I hope our state government sue the arse off F1. It isn't them who have prevented this and rightly so.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

Stendelnator
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No one gutted in this household. More like stress when you find your 15 year old autistic kid has been up all night because he is stressing that he won't be able to attend any AFL games this forthcoming season.

And if it is cancelled, I hope our state government sue the arse off F1. It isn't them who have prevented this and rightly so.

Company takes preventative measures in sake of global pandemic and you hope they get sued??

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

They won't see it that way tho, they could have 6 would be there mentally, the sfa always buckle to there demands.

I personally think it's the fairest way to deal with the situation if fixtures could not be forfilled, a larger league with each team playing each other twice makes for a more competitive one also

I wish people would stop conflating the response to Coranovirus with their views about league restructuring.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Company takes preventative measures in sake of global pandemic and you hope they get sued??

The Vic government subsidise F1 coming here to the tune of many millions of dollars. I don't see why they shouldn't ask for their money back when it isn't them stopping the race.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Imagine the rage in Liverpool if they were denied the title!  The scenes would be something to see! 

And quite right. Whatever the solution it should give Liverpool a fair chance of winning the title they deserve.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The Vic government subsidise F1 coming here to the tune of many millions of dollars. I don't see why they shouldn't ask for their money back when it isn't them stopping the race.

How many cases and deaths have there been in Australia?

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I wish people would stop conflating the response to Coranovirus with their views about league reconstruction.

I said it was the fairest way to deal with the current situation if we can't finish the season and would have added bonus of making it more likely a more competitive league in my opinion obviously 

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I wish people would stop conflating the response to Coranovirus with their views about league restructuring.

Go to the shed then and post on that topic instead

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Indeed. Having said that there is a very good opportunity here to introduce summer football from next year 😝😝

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How many cases and deaths have there been in Australia?

Haven't seen the figures this morning but yesterday we had 22 in VIC compared to 59 in NSW and Tom Hanks! We've had 3 deaths IIRC.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Haven't seen the figures this morning but yesterday we had 22 in VIC compared to 59 in NSW and Tom Hanks! We've had 3 deaths IIRC.

Oh well Tom Hanks. Real crisis.

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, graygo said:

Geoff will be gutted.

You can put the deckchair away.

:pleasing:

Why is it pleasing that the guy has to miss out on an event he , along with thousands of others enjoys attending??  There is some sound govt advice out there regarding washing hands. However, there is also a lot of virtue signalling going on among people in power be they in govt or in charge of sporting bodies. Fag packet calculations about closing schools for 16 weeks in Scotland, for example. Easy to ban gatherings of 500 people but not so easy to risk the wrath of 50k Old Firm fans

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Oh well Tom Hanks. Real crisis.

I know. Mind you, those who got a selfie with him will be regretting it now! :laugh:

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Go to the shed then and post on that topic instead

League reconstruction is an issue for the Shed? 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why is it pleasing that the guy has to miss out on an event he , along with thousands of others enjoys attending??  There is some sound govt advice out there regarding washing hands. However, there is also a lot of virtue signalling going on among people in power be they in govt or in charge of sporting bodies. Fag packet calculations about closing schools for 16 weeks in Scotland, for example. Easy to ban gatherings of 500 people but not so easy to risk the wrath of 50k Old Firm fans

I'm not responding to the rest of your post but my response to Geoff was due to his head in the sand, I know better than anyone else attitude.

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

typically proactive from the Germans. 

SPFL could make this work. 2 up from the championship, 2 into the championship, 2 into league 1 and the lowland and highland league winners into league 2, simple, sorted.

Too simple? Probably. 

I don’t see how it would be deemed acceptable to have no relegation if the season is declared null and void but would be acceptable to have promotion.  Surely you’d be looking at the same potential legal challenges from teams not given the chance to get promoted over a full season that you would say, Hearts relegated this weekend. Surely fairer to have no relegation or promotion?

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not responding to the rest of your post but my response to Geoff was due to his head in the sand, I know better than anyone else attitude.

Your response to me was to point score but that's fine. Bash on.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Your response to me was to point score but that's fine. Bash on.

Not denying that, very rare I get the chance with you. 😁

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not denying that, very rare I get the chance with you. 😁

All good. Still, I'm glad our state government isn't overreacting and following medical advice.

Kidd’s Boots

If the authorities were to cancel/suspend/ make null and void this season due to Covid 19, I wonder how many of the 42 SPFL member clubs would survive financially without 8-9 weeks worth of gate receipts?

3 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

If the authorities were to cancel/suspend/ make null and void this season due to Covid 19, I wonder how many of the 42 SPFL member clubs would survive financially without 8-9 weeks worth of gate receipts?

Govt assistance I suspect.

1 hour ago, Nicholas Brody said:

This is a similar idea to what the SPFL are talking through.

Believe it or not, there is some resistance though...

Hard to say I'm not exercising a degree of self-preservation but this is the only way out imo. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Hard to say I'm not exercising a degree of self-preservation but this is the only way out imo. 

Cannae see them allowing us to join the German league tbh. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t see how it would be deemed acceptable to have no relegation if the season is declared null and void but would be acceptable to have promotion.  Surely you’d be looking at the same potential legal challenges from teams not given the chance to get promoted over a full season that you would say, Hearts relegated this weekend. Surely fairer to have no relegation or promotion?

Me neither.

You only need to look at the Scottish Championship to see how unfair it would be. Any one of half, probably more, teams in the League could finish 2nd and go up if the top flight was extended to 14.

An unprecedented logistical nightmare.

1 hour ago, Nicholas Brody said:

This is a similar idea to what the SPFL are talking through.

Believe it or not, there is some resistance though...

Next years European places decided at the date the league is cancelled ?

21 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not if you promote more teams than usual. 

Bazzas right boot

The answer to the op will be no. 

Our fate will be in the SFA's hands.

Total reset of Scottish football required. One league where we all play each other home and away over the equivalent of 2 seasons then split it into the four leagues according to where the team's finish. 

(not serious)

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Total reset of Scottish football required. One league where we all play each other home and away over the equivalent of 2 seasons then split it into the four leagues according to where the team's finish. 

(not serious)

More chance though than that other guy getting his half hour meeting!

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tom Hanks could die, he's quite old. 

He will die. That’s a fact. 🧐

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The answer to the op will be no. 

Our fate will be in the SFA's hands.

In what regard. What authority do the SFA have in regards to the league. What precedent is there for a team being relegated when the sporting contest has not been completed ? What do you think Hearts will do if we get relegated on Monday morning with 8 games of the season unplayed  (marginally more than 2O%)

1. accept it

2. go to the court of arbitration for sport 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tom Hanks could die, he's quite old. 

He almost did in 1970 at about 150,000 miles altitude.   He's has a bonus 50 years.    

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

He almost did in 1970 at about 150,000 miles altitude.   He's has a bonus 50 years.    

Ran round the world after it though 

1 hour ago, charlatans said:

14 teams play each other home and away then split top 7 and bottom 7 play each other home and away. 38 games 4 old firm! Sorted 

Sounds far too sensible for the folk running our game. I like it though!👍 plus the seeth from the sewer life at easter road would be immense!!🤣🤣🤣

Edited by hmfcbilly
Amended post

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Ran round the world after it though 

Yep.   And bored the living **** out of a few folk at the bus stop.     

Kidd’s Boots
32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Govt assistance I suspect.

Can't see this happening or allowed under membership rules. Govt. Chief Medical Officer said today that we could be 10-14weeks away from peak here. Football Authorities have already advised clubs there will be no money available from them.....

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yep.   And bored the living **** out of a few folk at the bus stop.     

Then survived a plane crash and 4 years stranded on his own on a deserted island. 2 weeks self isolation will be a piece of piss for him, just give him a football.

1 minute ago, superjack said:

Then survived a plane crash and 4 years stranded on his own on a deserted island. 2 weeks self isolation will be a piece of piss for him, just give him a football.

Ken.   He's seen some shit.    Like that gigantic dude with the supernatural healing powers... oh hey!

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

In what regard. What authority do the SFA have in regards to the league. What precedent is there for a team being relegated when the sporting contest has not been completed ? What do you think Hearts will do if we get relegated on Monday morning with 8 games of the season unplayed  (marginally more than 2O%)

1. accept it

2. go to the court of arbitration for sport 

Aye, nae bother. 

17 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Only 63

That was that John coffey, gave him extra years, he's only 63 now but was 30 in ww2 and died. 

He's led a good life. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Jambof3tornado

So no gatherings of over 500 but Edinburgh playhouse claiming its business as usual??

Interesting idea about 2 up and none down from top flight but what happens end of next season, how many relegations do we have??

Class of 75
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, nae bother. 

That was that John coffey, gave him extra years, he's only 63 now but was 30 in ww2 and died. 

He's led a good life. 

He has indeed.