Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

The Treasurer

I think there is no need for postponements or closed door games as long as all clubs take the same approach as St Midden.

A cold tap, no soap and one feeble hand dryer.

ER was no better either.

I think, under current circumstances, H&S inspectors should have the powers to, temporarily at least, revoke clubs licences that do not offer even the most basic of facilities required at this time.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

32 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Sturgeon going over the top with her nanny state nonsense.  She says cancelling mass gathering is to take the pressure off the emergency services! What pressure? There is nowhere near enough cases to suggest that it has even recorded on the radar of the emergency services in Scotland. 

There's plenty material on-line to explain this. This is about slowing down the rate at which the infection spreads, so that emergency services are not suddenly overwhelmed with new cases (instead, the onset is spread over a longer time period, meaning that those who are seriously unwell can access intensive care and similar facilities).

People need to take this seriously. it is a matter of life and death (maybe not yours, depends how young and healthy you are).  Losing some football matches is nothing serious. Try and find out more. Please.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

You’re missing the point tbh.

Every single football game requires X amount of police, paramedics etc in attendance. With the NHS and emergency services already under strain dealing with confirmed and ‘possible’ cases it’s counter productive to strain it further by ‘wasting’ staff sitting at events when they could be doing something more important.

Its not simply a case of ‘you might breathe in a virus’

Its nothing to do with nhs and emergency services mate. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

The easiest solution for them is season wiped out. A few issues like prom and relegation but restructuring to 14 in top league fixes that. Cup semis and final played early next season. Same teams as this season play in Europe. Only big issue is 9 in a row. 

Bar the League Cup, which has already been won, scratch the whole season. As long as teams can be mathematically caught, they can’t, surely, award titles etc.

Ibrahim Tall
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Its nothing to do with nhs and emergency services mate. 

“Speaking ahead of a Cobra meeting with other UK leaders, Ms Sturgeon said:"Mass gatherings are required to be policed, they require to have emergency ambulance cover, they require the services of our voluntary health services, and at a time when we need to be reducing the pressures on these front-line workers in order to free them up on the significant challenge that lies ahead, I do think it is inappropriate that we continue as normal.“

6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Agree about London underground vs outdoor sports events. It's smacks of the appearance of doing something like crazy Trump's unilateral flight bans.

If doctors, nurses and other essential workers travelled to work using sports events, I might agree with you.

Equally, if I worked in London right now I might be using my bike a bit more.

And this action is based on scientific advice, so not remotely comparable to anything the unspeakable Trump has done. 

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

And covid 19 doesnt show on a maroon jersey!

If it saves us from relegation that will be on the back of my strip next season

COVID

Edited by Scnorthedinburgh

48 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Sturgeon going over the top with her nanny state nonsense.  She says cancelling mass gathering is to take the pressure off the emergency services! What pressure? There is nowhere near enough cases to suggest that it has even recorded on the radar of the emergency services in Scotland. 

If the increase recorded in one day from 36 confirmed cases to 60, or a 67% increase, continues at the same rate, there'll be over 1,000 cases within a week and over 45,000 cases in two weeks.

The entire point is to keep that from happening.

GorgieFifeLife
10 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

There's plenty material on-line to explain this. This is about slowing down the rate at which the infection spreads, so that emergency services are not suddenly overwhelmed with new cases (instead, the onset is spread over a longer time period, meaning that those who are seriously unwell can access intensive care and similar facilities).

People need to take this seriously. it is a matter of life and death (maybe not yours, depends how young and healthy you are).  Losing some football matches is nothing serious. Try and find out more. Please.

Go away. I know plenty thanks.  Cancelling gatherings and allowing other masses of people congregating wherever is not going to slow the spread. Stop reading all the hysterical info your feed online. Please

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

If it saves us from relegation that will be on the back of my strip next season

COVID

I want a cut from the t shirt sales!!

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The easiest solution for them is season wiped out. A few issues like prom and relegation but restructuring to 14 in top league fixes that. Cup semis and final played early next season. Same teams as this season play in Europe. Only big issue is 9 in a row. 

This fixes nothing for the teams finishing 3rd and 4th in championship, and their chance of promotion..

6 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Go away. I know plenty thanks.  Cancelling gatherings and allowing other masses of people congregating wherever is not going to slow the spread. Stop reading all the hysterical info your feed online. Please

That's an awful lot of words for "I don't have a ****ing clue what I'm talking about", mate.

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

While many think that Sturgeon would sell her Granny for a vote, in this case the SG are following guidance from the UK.   I don't see why they can't play games behind closed doors and televise, even charge those who are not ST holders to view. 

If games are not completed, the league has be be null and void. An other alternative is suspend it and carry on fixtures when safe, then reduce the games next season. You can;t change the rules partway through the season, especially when we are the horse that is going to come with a sprint finish.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

They will also allow their ragtag band of Independence marchers go ahead as well.

Jeez

People not getting that any postponement or cancellation of games will be to stop the confirmed cases rising. It may well only be 60 or 70 odd cases but that grows exponentially day on day, week on week. I will be surprised if the weekend fixtures go ahead. 

18 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Apparently a Livingston striker has been diagnosed. If true our game on Sunday will be off.

Where are you seeing this?

GorgieFifeLife
23 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

That's an awful lot of words for "I don't have a ****ing clue what I'm talking about", mate.

What research have you done that suggests the rate will carry on at 67%  I can tell from that statement you dont have a clue what your talking about.

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Where are you seeing this?

Maybe nonsense but heard it from a colleague.

Albert McFly

Not read the whole thread but the club's have already been told what's going to happen they have been advised if the league was shut down due to pandemic stage the premier league would have no relegation and the championship team would be promoted plus 1 more maybe to make a 13/14 team league 

Baldwigforjack
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Any word on the F1 being cancelled yet?

Asking for a friend.

Aussie gp going ahead .

Just now, Albert McFly said:

Not read the whole thread but the club's have already been told what's going to happen they have been advised if the league was shut down due to pandemic stage the premier league would have no relegation and the championship team would be promoted plus 1 more maybe to make a 13/14 team league 

Who wins the League ?

2 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

FM and Holyrood have already agreed on an emergency plan.  Only question is what is SFA and SPFL going to do about it.  Closed door games or league shut down. 

It would really piss the vermin off if there is no relegation.

7 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

Where are you hearing this from ?

The issue isnt just stopping the league for a few weeks and then restarting as the issue you have is that not everyone will get it at the same time so until the last player gets it and is then clear there is a sporting advantage, so we could be talking 2-3 months before there is reasonable expectation to start again.

What then happens regarding fitness etc....

There are 8 games left to play before the playoffs so that would take at best about 4 weeks to get through if we played 2 games a week and then another 2 weeks for playoffs.

6 weeks to complete fixtures and we may not restart the league until June and so the season would be finished mid July ? thats assuming no Euros.

Its tight before the start of the next season so I dont believe its just as simple as closed doors for a few weeks as it will only take 1 player to get it and then its shut down.

Edited by Jamboelite

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

It's better to say nothing and have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and confirm it!

Albert McFly
1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

FM and Holyrood have already agreed on an emergency plan.  Only question is what is SFA and SPFL going to do about it.  Closed door games or league shut down. 

It would really piss the vermin off if there is no relegation.

Games will not be played behind closed doors due to the risk still being there

Interestingly the info about the title and Europe less easily discussed due to obvious rage in the west, the main reason for the decisions are financially based on premier/championship teams not going into admin because of uncertainty. Seems like they are being sensible for once!

Sexton Hardcastle
15 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The 3 mechanics are self-isolating. There is no threat to the race.

Oh dear.

9 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

What research have you done that suggests the rate will carry on at 67%  I can tell from that statement you dont have a clue what your talking about.

I explicitly said "if". Please read.

We do know what happens if we don't take preventative measures, and it's mass graves so large they can be seen from space.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/iran-coronavirus-outbreak-graves/

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Where are you hearing this from ?

The issue isnt just stopping the league for a few weeks and then restarting as the issue you have is that not everyone will get it at the same time so until the last player gets it and is then clear there is a sporting advantage, so we could be talking 2-3 months before there is reasonable expectation to start again.

What then happens regarding fitness etc....

There are 8 games left to play before the playoffs so that would take at best about 4 weeks to get through if we played 2 games a week and then another 2 weeks for playoffs.

6 weeks to complete fixtures and we may not restart the league until June and so the season would be finished mid July ? thats assuming no Euros.

Its tight before the start of the next season so I dont believe its just as simple as closed doors for a few weeks as it will only take 1 player to get it and then its shut down.

What do you do about all the players out of contract on 1st of June!!

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's better to say nothing and have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and confirm it!

Aye very good.  Take a while to think up that response did it? Is that why you are saying nothing? Or is it because your too intellectually bankrupt to have an opinion?

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

:laugh:

buzzbomb1958
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

Who wins the League ?

I think seeing everything is upside down we will win the league and stendel will lead us to European glory next season

Personally i think this weekends round of games will be the last we'll be aloud to attend this season. 

There is already motion to remove the broadcast ban of 3pm games if supporters are banned from games. Clubs will stream games live and i would guess non season ticket holders will have to pay to watch in order to keep generating cash. 

Just now, Djnoisy said:

Personally i think this weekends round of games will be the last we'll be aloud to attend this season. 

There is already motion to remove the broadcast ban of 3pm games if supporters are banned from games. Clubs will stream games live and i would guess non season ticket holders will have to pay to watch in order to keep generating cash. 

Players are already getting it going by reports, 3 Leicester the latest.

Only a matter of time before the whole season goes down the Swanny !

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Players are already getting it going by reports, 3 Leicester the latest.

Only a matter of time before the whole season goes down the Swanny !

Appalling really but our saving grace. 

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Season is effectively over unless games are played behind closed doors. 

The real perspective is that this weekend could be the last live games some of our supporters will have the chance of ever seeing. Whatever might minimise that is the right thing to do. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The real perspective is that this weekend could be the last live games some of our supporters will have the chance of ever seeing. Whatever might minimise that is the right thing to do. 

well put

No point in football if you can't watch it, other than as an event for the bookies.

Theyll have to close the pubs if they really don't want  unhealthy people gathering together!

39 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

What do you do about all the players out of contract on 1st of June!!

Yup great point its another part of the mess and realistically we know this will have a peak and then a drop off but I dont see that being in a short period of time based on Italy already having about a month of issues and it not stopping anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The way Hearts are playing at the moment they’d probably just be better watching the dvd of the 2012 cup final. 

...a bit disco

Sky Germany broadcasting all Bundesliga games this weekend for free.