Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

Jambof3tornado
50 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Govt assistance I suspect.

You think they would bail out football clubs in the 2nd division??

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

allystrachan

Spfl & sfa statement saying all games go ahead this weekend but they are in a video conference with UEFA on Tuesday about up coming qualifiers. 

restrictions are coming soon, no doubt in my mind.

comradejambo

Mendy now confirmed as self isolating - thinking that even closed door matches May be out of the question - players safety/ health is paramount and more important than a game! What the Ultimate decision taken on the season will be - I guess we will see 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Spfl & sfa statement saying all games go ahead this weekend but they are in a video conference with UEFA on Tuesday about up coming qualifiers. 

You mean that pish @Mr Elwood P claimed was prescient was actually pish? Who knew?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Enjoy the F1 Geoffrey ...

😂😂😂😂😂

Jambof3tornado

Will UEFA make the call on what leagues do or will it come down to the eejits running our game?

Thinking the sound of a 14 team top flight sounds too good to be true, even if its only for a season.

51 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So no gatherings of over 500 but Edinburgh playhouse claiming its business as usual??

Online statement made by the London based parent group. Obviously haven’t taken account of or didn’t know about the Scottish Government decision announced around the same time

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So no gatherings of over 500 but Edinburgh playhouse claiming its business as usual??

Do events at the Playhouse normally have a large police and ambulance service presence? 

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Arteta just been diagnosed so it won't be long until shutdown

Yup. It's game over for the season

south morocco
1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

The virus may be our saving grace. There’s no way they can relegate us with 24 points to play for. 

Imagine the seethe !!!

1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

The virus may be our saving grace. There’s no way they can relegate us with 24 points to play for. 

You'd think so eh. Jeez these clowns are capable of anything. 

Celtic will be pushing for them to recognised as champions that's a certainty. 

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Arteta just been diagnosed so it won't be long until shutdown

leagues will be shut down shortly. 100% the right call. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

Most of Europe are playing behind closed doors ,,  matter of days before it happens here ..

heartsfc_fan
2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Imagine telling your great grand kids, "aye we didn't go down in 2020, not because Somerset park was a shite hole and not fit for purpose, but because of a global virus".

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Imagine the seethe !!!

Be f.....g magic for all hearts  haters to f....g seethe 😁😁😁

davemclaren
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Imagine telling your great grand kids, "aye we didn't go down in 2020, not because Somerset park was a shite hole and not fit for purpose, but because of a global virus".

🤷🏼‍♂️

5 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

the vermin will be besides themselves with rage. 

Nicholas Brody
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Good :jj:

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

🤷🏼‍♂️

Remember Falkirk with the old Brockville. For that very reason.

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

A break from watching shite football, and we stay up ???dooo for meeeee,,😁😁😁😁😘

Billybuffjaw
1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

I think the season will be cancelled as of next week. No more League or Scottish cup games, season over start afresh next season. We have been given a reprieve but not in the way we would have wanted.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

The speed in which things are moving I expect leagues to be suspended by tomorrow 

No chance.  The OF game is of course more important than public health.  It will be after that.

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Billybuffjaw said:

I think the season will be cancelled as of next week. No more League or Scottish cup games, season over start afresh next season. We have been given a reprieve but not in the way we would have wanted.

Sturgeon gonny make sure  theres no crowds or meetings with over 500 punters   that's the season over for every one

Emergency meeting for Premier League tomorrow. Can only see games being off. Some clubs want the season voided.

Edited by Sooperstar

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No chance.  The OF game is of course more important than public health.  It will be after that.

Won’t mean a thing when season is declared void

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, scottg71 said:

Won’t mean a thing when season is declared void

All they irish telt old firm game of ?    Absolute chaos ferries flights etc😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hectormasson
11 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

The speed in which things are moving I expect leagues to be suspended by tomorrow 

Arthur Morgan

You know if Coronavirus stops us from being relegated, I will let it do what it wants to me, I'm easy. We should erect a statue in it's name if it helps us! My dear captain Corona, do your work baby! 

Footballfirst

Arsenal tatement

https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-covid-19

Our London Colney training centre has been closed after head coach Mikel Arteta received a positive COVID-19 result this evening.

Arsenal personnel who had recent close contact with Mikel will now self-isolate in line with Government health guidelines. We expect this to be a significant number of people from Colney, including the full first-team squad and coaching staff, as well as a smaller number of people from our Hale End Academy which we have also temporarily closed as a precaution. 

We expect those who did not have close contact with Mikel to return to work in the coming days. In the meantime our Colney and Hale End training centres will undergo a deep clean and our other club sites are operating as normal. 

Managing director Vinai Venkatesham said: “The health of our people and the wider public is our priority and that is where our focus is. Our thoughts are with Mikel who is disappointed but in good spirits. We are in active dialogue with all the relevant people to manage this situation appropriately, and we look forward to getting back to training and playing as soon as medical advice allows.” 

Head of football Raul Sanllehi added: “Mikel and the full first-team squad, players and staff, will be fully supported, and we look forward to getting back to training and playing as soon as medical advice allows. Obviously Mikel’s full recovery is the priority now for us all.” 

We will work with Public Health England on the next steps in regard to our facilities and staff, and with the Premier League, Football Association and relevant clubs around our forthcoming matches in the Premier League and Emirates FA Cup.  

It is clear we will not be able to play some fixtures on their currently scheduled dates. We will update supporters who have tickets for forthcoming games with more information as soon as possible.

We are now working to trace any other people who have had recent close contact with Mikel.  We will let them know what has happened and they should follow the NHS guidance which is likely to recommend self-isolation.

Mikel said: “This is really disappointing but I took the test after feeling poorly. I will be at work as soon as I’m allowed.”

Edited by Footballfirst

EPL will call a halt to their season after tomorrow’s meeting - guaranteed.

Thats Arsenal out the picture now, and others would undoubtedly follow.

Nobody will want to continue and have that on their conscience.

It'll follow here next week and will be cancelled also. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

You know if Coronavirus stops us from being relegated, I will let it do what it wants to me, I'm easy. We should erect a statue in it's name if it helps us! My dear captain Corona, do your work baby! 

It could look like this.

315E7D70-83C0-4C3F-BDF9-43791DAA7C2B.jpeg

Hectormasson
2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Big bronze Corona beer bottle erected on the plaza 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

It could look like this.

315E7D70-83C0-4C3F-BDF9-43791DAA7C2B.jpeg

The bird that Tweeted that is scarier looking than the Partick mascot ...

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

After tonight Rangers will want Sunday postponed. The Masons will  make it happen. 

Cancel the euros to free up dates in the calendar

Cancel all friendly international dates

Stop playing now until weekend of approx. 4th April then review where we are

Play on through May/June until the season is finished if possible

There will still be issues such as players contracts running out but nothing that can't be solved

You could also cancel the League cup and either not play it at all next season or play knockout ties only

Edited by CJGJ

The DFL and DFB are considering ending the Bundesliga season after this weekend, according to the Express. No trophy would be awarded and no relegation would take place. Instead, the Bundesliga would be expanded to 22 teams for 2020-21 with the top four teams from the second tier

5 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Sturgeon to ban mass outdoor gatherings of >500 as of next week. So that's closed door matches or a delay to season end ? 

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Can she do that? She can advise it but does she have the power to ban it?  Not saying she doesn’t btw, just unsure. 

You know, I have just gone into a time loop.

Jim Farry is back.

It's just a matter of time anyway before everything is off but Scottish football authorities might just want a fight against the Scottish Government to show how tough they are. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Five to One
11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Cancel the euros to free up dates in the calendar

Cancel all friendly international dates

Stop playing now until weekend of approx. 4th April then review where we are

Play on through May/June until the season is finished if possible

There will still be issues such as players contracts running out but nothing that can't be solved

You could also cancel the League cup and either not play it at all next season or play knockout ties only

no chance. China has only just opened some of  its borders now. Be at least 3-4 months before any form of normality resumes.