Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

Just now, Five to One said:

no chance. China has only just opened some of  its borders now. Be at least 3-4 months before any form of normality resumes. 

Common sense says just suspend everything now. US sports , no messing about , they are just shutting down. Even the NCAA stuff. Over here its na sky will be angry lets just play on...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Cancel the euros to free up dates in the calendar

Cancel all friendly international dates

Stop playing now until weekend of approx. 4th April then review where we are

Play on through May/June until the season is finished if possible

There will still be issues such as players contracts running out but nothing that can't be solved

You could also cancel the League cup and either not play it at all next season or play knockout ties only

It’s expected to be at its peak late May in the UK I thought.

It will be closed doors games I suspect unless players start being affected. Once that happens it will literally be game over.

Five to One
6 minutes ago, Mort said:

It’s expected to be at its peak late May in the UK I thought.

Will peak within the next two weeks and could last up to 3 months if comparing data to China and Italy. 

Tenaciousdandy
58 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Remember Falkirk with the old Brockville. For that very reason.

Yeah didn't have a 10,000 seater stadium so Aberdeen got saved, was absolutely shocking, but tbh I'll take being saved by coronavirus is that's what it takes, as long as we can clear out these impostors in the summer 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers players told after the match tonight that they may not be allowed to travel for the return leg. 

After tonight’s game they will be happy with that 🤣

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah didn't have a 10,000 seater stadium so Aberdeen got saved, was absolutely shocking, but tbh I'll take being saved by coronavirus is that's what it takes, as long as we can clear out these impostors in the summer 

‘That’s not the full story

Five to One

The governing bodies are just going through the motions right now so they can say they did everything possible to keep games going. Time’s up. 

Five to One
2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Ironic, given the state of Pit Tawdry. 

9 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

It will be closed doors games I suspect unless players start being affected. Once that happens it will literally be game over.

The fact that's arsenal now done for at least two weeks, suggests that it's all over.  Will be an interesting few days to see what happens 

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

‘That’s not the full story

What's the full story? As far as I remember Falkirk where told to increase there stadium, due to funds they weren't able to so no promotion that season, hence Aberdeen didn't get relegated 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

The fact that's arsenal now done for at least two weeks, suggests that it's all over.  Will be an interesting few days to see what happens 

Yeah at least two weeks, then time for training and fitness. 

Tbh, any club isolated will be done for a month. 

The games a bogey down there you'd think now. 

Liverpool 🤔

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

What's the full story? As far as I remember Falkirk where told to increase there stadium, due to funds they weren't able to so no promotion that season, hence Aberdeen didn't get relegated 

Was it not also something to do with league restructure increasing the league from 10 to 12 teams. Then 2 seasons of no relegation if I remember correctly 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah at least two weeks, then time for training and fitness. 

Tbh, any club isolated will be done for a month. 

The games a bogey down there you'd think now. 

Liverpool 🤔

Exactly, there is no easy solution to this.  Unless there is already something written in the rule book about it? 

Our leagues rules will probably be - Celtic and rangers to have a double header to decide the league title and also Scottish cup (**** everyone else) 

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Bottom spot wasn’t automatically relegated that season.

In 2000, the league was expanded from 10 to 12 and the bottom team were due to have a play off with the 2nd and 3rd team in the 1st division. 2 of the 3 teams in the play off round robin would have played in the top tier

As Falkirk didn't have the required facilities, they were not promoted and therefore the play off didn't take place, with Dunfermline being promoted alongside St Mirren

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, hearts151 said:

Was it not also something to do with league restructure increasing the league from 10 to 12 teams. Then 2 seasons of no relegation if I remember correctly 

Yeah that rings a bell, the fact remains that Aberdeen where saved from relegation due to the fact Falkirk didn't meet league regulations introduced, I will say they knew what was expected of them but where unable to comply

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah that rings a bell, the fact remains that Aberdeen where saved from relegation due to the fact Falkirk didn't meet league regulations introduced, I will say they knew what was expected of them but where unable to comply

No, we were saved from having to take part in a play off round robin to determine if we were to be relegated or not

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

No, we were saved from having to take part in a play off round robin to determine if we were to be relegated or not

Ah ok, obviously wasn't paying as much attention to the bottom end of the league back then as am now lol all I remember was no relegation that year due to falkirks stadium situation, you will obviously have a better knowledge of it with Aberdeen being involved back in it 

King Of The Cat Cafe
8 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Exactly, there is no easy solution to this.  Unless there is already something written in the rule book about it? 

Our leagues rules will probably be - Celtic and rangers to have a double header to decide the league title and also Scottish cup (**** everyone else) 

UK Government might introduce emergency legislation that allows sporting organisations to sidestep conditions on the completion of tournaments.

Just a total guess, BTW.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Tenaciousdandy
29 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Michel Arteta testing positive for coronavirus. Arsenal game on Saturday is off.

A matter of time before all games are canceled.

That will surely be a killer blow to the English leagues season 

There is no danger sturgeon will want Scottish football to be the only league in Europe still playing this weekend. If the epl cancel or postpone now as you would expect I would think she will change her decision about playing games this weekend very quickly 

19 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

No, they will just give the cup to Rangers to keep their fans from running around looting.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, kila said:

Thoughts are with you at this difficult time 

You can think of my son. He's the much bigger fan than me.

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

No, they will just give the cup to Rangers to keep their fans from running around looting.

what a way to get your first major domestic honour

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

what a way to get your first major domestic honour

Anything to keep Gerrard happy 

4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

They will be claiming the UEFA cup anyway, may as well add that to their list of 'honours' would have about as much credibility as their other trophies. 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

You know, I have just gone into a time loop.

Jim Farry is back.

It's just a matter of time anyway before everything is off but Scottish football authorities might just want a fight against the Scottish Government to show how tough they are. 

That'll be fun. 

7 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

They will be claiming the UEFA cup anyway, may as well add that to their list of 'honours' would have about as much credibility as their other trophies. 

superb 😂😂😂😂

annushorribilis III
31 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Imagine the rangers fans having a party to celebrate Celtic not winning the league. 

The irony, after the rangers assumed the honours of deidco. 

Formula 1 cancelled , MLS postponed, LaLiga postponed , serieA postponed.

EPL incoming

lets face it the SPL will be as well from next week.

no closed door games it’ll be a blanket postponement - IMHO

Edited by 1971fozzy

Dagger Is Back
59 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers players told after the match tonight that they may not be allowed to travel for the return leg. 

Not sure they travelled for the first leg based on what I saw 😂

15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Formula 1 cancelled , MLS postponed, LaLiga postponed , serieA postponed.

EPL incoming

lets face it the SPL will be as well from next week.

no closed door games it’ll be a blanket postponement - IMHO

As i said earlier all the US sports have shut down minimum 2weeks , NBA saying 30days minimum. Its only our idiotic SFA that think its not worth doing anything. Have they even commented on it? Iv been pretty busy this week but cant recall hearing anything from them. The EFA are just as bad. Rangers playing in front of a crowd tonight was a joke and no doubt money orientated. 

WheatfieldWarrior
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mike Arteta has the kibby now. I'd imagine half the Arsenal team have it. 

I've seen articles saying it's a 5 weeks needed, not the 2 weeks self isolation that was discussed previously. if that's arsenal unable to play for 5 weeks - league is over.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, obua said:

After tonight’s game they will be happy with that 🤣

🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭😆😆😆

51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just announced

Read the article on BBC website... total farce. Drivers flying back to Italy before official announcement was made, spectators already at the circuit for Friday practice. Can’t decide if the race in Vietnam should go ahead or not..

Wonder what Sky do if the football and the F1 is cancelled... 

So what happens if someone from Hearts or Livi is confirmed positive for the virus in the next 48 hrs? 
Our game would certainly be off , Would the SPFL / SFA allow the other games to go ahead?

30 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mike Arteta has the kibby now. I'd imagine half the Arsenal team have it. 

Exactly.  At the very least I expect they will all be in self isolation for 2 weeks.

For me, that spells the end of the EPL and I think we will quickly follow.

21 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Exactly.  At the very least I expect they will all be in self isolation for 2 weeks.

For me, that spells the end of the EPL and I think we will quickly follow.

Without a doubt. 

45 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I've seen articles saying it's a 5 weeks needed, not the 2 weeks self isolation that was discussed previously. if that's arsenal unable to play for 5 weeks - league is over.

It's not over. It'll be postponed. Summer football. :smile:

WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's not over. It'll be postponed. Summer football. :smile:

In honestly I do like summer football. 🙂

I do think that it will take too long to sort out and they will run out of time for this season.

By my reckoning there is only about 90p worth of entertainment left on my season ticket anyway, so it wouldn't be the end of the world. 😀

36 minutes ago, graygo said:

A Chelsea player now confirmed positive 

Callum Hudson-Odoi.

just been reading that , then saw the daily record link to the sfa , spfl comments and their we wont do anything unless government say so. Even a “we are being fluid in our approach as of today everything is on as normal we will update tomo” would have sufficed. We have a bodybuilding competition hear in a few weeks and they have posted saying we only have about 300 people plus staff and vendors expected so we will 💯 be on. 

PR is not peoples strong suit today.

EFA have to cancel things tomo with Chelsea , Leceister and Arsenal being out of action surely that means they can’t play until Mid April.

credit card

Day 6 of being stuck in quarantine in Vietnam. Daily the worldwide situation worsens. By day 14 when we hope to get released, beside possible mental health issues about being locked in a room 24/7 who knows if we will even be able to get a flight home now as airlines are cutting routes and countries are closing borders. 

The British Embassy have been successful in getting those in our group with a British passport an early release. This has all been done hush hush through the back door after 3 knock backs. The trouble is my wife is Irish and because of that we are stuffed despite massive work by the Irish they are getting the rubber ear. So it's the full 14 days for us.

The ET bashers will not let us out despite, just like everyone in the group who are getting to go, we have tested negative.

It's all been a bit James Bond as we've passed info to The British and Irish Embassies and then telling them what each other is saying but the Vietnamese authorities are not budging.

#freethewheatfieldone