The rise and fall of The SNP.

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm not talking about the SNP but I'd trust them over the alternatives! Look at a huge section of  Rangers fans, Orange Order types, BBC journalists, Brit Mps/ establishment. I wouldn't trust Cole-Hamilton, Sarwar, Murdo Fraser, Ross to stand up for our country.

We're told we've no oil or renewable energy isn't stable but the UK need it. I've heard the same garbage for years. I absolutely loathe Britnats!

I loathe Britnats .. Deary me, no point continuing this conversation. 

All the members of the Scottish parliament, whether you agree with how they act or what they do, all share one thing in common.. they work for the betterment of Scotland. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

All the members of the Scottish parliament, whether you agree with how they act or what they do, all share one thing in common.. they work for the betterment of Scotland. 

Roxy on the one hand calling folk bitter and twisted, on the other hand telling us he feels strongly enough to 'loathe' people in the same country.  

Pot calling kettle....

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Roxy on the one hand calling folk bitter and twisted, on the other hand telling us he feels strongly enough to 'loathe' people in the same country.  

Pot calling kettle....

The very same fuel powers Scexit as it did Brexit … 

Maybe the fumes are having an impact. 

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Should Scottish independence come about, the hypoglycaemia after the initial sugar rush is going to be quite something, judging from some of the more fervent posters on this and other threads.

In fact, it'll likely play out similar to the regretful Brexit supporters who would, with the benefit of hindsight, probably have tipped the scales the other way in that referendum.

Can’t speak for others but as fervent as I am about independence, I’ll still be scrutinising that white paper. It’s my daughters’ future I’ll be voting on and I don’t take that lightly.

.👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

Roxy Hearts
12 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Fire with fire bud. Britnats are the ruination of Scotland. Not asking you or any other unionist to agree with me. 

Fire with fire bud. Britnats are the ruination of Scotland. Not asking you or any other unionist to agree with me. 

What a load of nasty nonsense.. Britnats - Unionists. Blah blah blah. 

Everyone is entitled to their view. 

Roxy Hearts

What's nasty about it? Be happy you're British and believe in the union. Get a grip!

What's nasty about it? Be happy you're British and believe in the union. Get a grip!

What’s nasty.. you are abusive to groups of people who don’t believe in your nationalist views. 
I’m fully under control thanks. 

8 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

The Unionist crap if you dare criticise the SNP is tiresome. Its a football forum though and not some think tank. 

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

What’s nasty.. you are abusive to groups of people who don’t believe in your nationalist views. 
I’m fully under control thanks. 

Are you British and do you believe in the union? Call me what you want as I'm not offended.

Are you British and do you believe in the union? Call me what you want as I'm not offended.

I’m not the one being offensive, you have been.. sorry but let’s end it here. 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, jambomjm74 said:

I’m not the one being offensive, you have been.. sorry but let’s end it here. 

Offensive now, come on.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

It was a ridiculous accusation...

No it wasn’t. It wasn’t an accusation it was a factual statement based on a nonsense comment. 

Offensive now, come on.

“Brit Nat unionist twisted and contorted”
yep all amiable comments and meant to build bridges. 

Roxy Hearts

No it wasn’t. It wasn’t an accusation it was a factual statement based on a nonsense comment. 

I think it's me he's having a go at but that's fine if he is. All about opinions. Even yours!

Roxy Hearts

“Brit Nat unionist twisted and contorted”
yep all amiable comments and meant to build bridges. 

Some of them are and I mentioned who they were earlier. 

Some of them are and I mentioned who they were earlier. 

You didn’t say some brits you implied most… I took that as racist. 
Not the worst thing I’ve read or seen and hardly a crime.. but still not valid in how it was communicated. 
Even the other examples are not all twisted and contorted. 

Roxy Hearts

You didn’t say some brits you implied most… I took that as racist. 
Not the worst thing I’ve read or seen and hardly a crime.. but still not valid in how it was communicated. 
Even the other examples are not all twisted and contorted. 

It wasn't meant as racist. It's the over zealous way some Scots try to demean their own country I can't comprehend. I assumed you may have known the types or expected it to be read a certain way. 

It wasn't meant as racist. It's the over zealous way some Scots try to demean their own country I can't comprehend. I assumed you may have known the types or expected it to be read a certain way. 

This thread is about the faults and failures of The SNP, they’ve had a good few… they even splintered into Alba .. 

it’s similar to Tory lies and that’s not a difficult one to fill either. 
people who see Scotland’s future in/out of U.K. both have valid points and neither are demeaning their county (I’m sure some do, not all!!)

Roxy Hearts

This thread is about the faults and failures of The SNP, they’ve had a good few… they even splintered into Alba .. 

it’s similar to Tory lies and that’s not a difficult one to fill either. 
people who see Scotland’s future in/out of U.K. both have valid points and neither are demeaning their county (I’m sure some do, not all!!)

There are valid points in most arguments but the British types are an embarrassment to Scotland at times. They're only my opinions but I find them tiresome as mostly all say the same thing about our country and most of it's demeaning. To even say Scotland can't or is incapable running its own affairs is demeaning and that doesn't come from Scots. 

9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

There are valid points in most arguments but the British types are an embarrassment to Scotland at times. They're only my opinions but I find them tiresome as mostly all say the same thing about our country and most of it's demeaning. To even say Scotland can't or is incapable running its own affairs is demeaning and that doesn't come from Scots. 

I think you’ll find that 55% of Scots voted against running their own affairs.. not because they felt we couldn’t but rather they shouldn’t change the status quo. 
yet they ended up with an SNP govt, one that often fails and relies on its one core policy to leave Scotland as a virtual one party state.. 

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

I think you’ll find that 55% of Scots voted against running their own affairs.. not because they felt we couldn’t but rather they shouldn’t change the status quo. 
yet they ended up with an SNP govt, one that often fails and relies on its one core policy to leave Scotland as a virtual one party state.. 

A virtual one party state! :laugh2: 

That's good, apart from loads of parties are allowed, in fact two make up a coalition government. Oh, and we aren't a State.

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

That's the point. They are British and Unionist Scots. British state is a one party state to me as all Westminster parties are the same and suck Scotland dry. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

That's the point. They are British and Unionist Scots. British state is a one party state to me as all Westminster parties are the same and suck Scotland dry. 

Clearly they aren’t the same.. that’s just daft. 
suck Scotland dry - most of our trade is with the rest of U.K. 

We get more tax back than we put in. 
Being British has its benefits and when voted upon the Scots saw that as the case. 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A virtual one party state! :laugh2: 

That's good, apart from loads of parties are allowed, in fact two make up a coalition government. Oh, and we aren't a State.

Scotland is a state after over a decade of SNP. 

education - attainment gap - poverty -    Drugs deaths etc etc etc. 
The SNP report card is at best,

could do better, much better. 

Roxy Hearts

Clearly they aren’t the same.. that’s just daft. 
suck Scotland dry - most of our trade is with the rest of U.K. 

We get more tax back than we put in. 
Being British has its benefits and when voted upon the Scots saw that as the case. 

The British believe that. I don't believe anything about the taxes nonsense as nobody has ever told us what Scotland provides for the treasury. Why do Westminster wish to keep Scotland? We're not skint, they need our resources and taxes!

Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The thing I’ve grown quite comfortable with over the past 7+ years is that people can be proudly Scottish and want to remain part of the UK. 

Good for you. Be proud to be more British than me. 

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

All governments could do better including the SNP but it would be worse under Westminster and their branch managers. They must be doing something right as get voted in at every election.

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sometimes I am, sometimes I’m not. I don’t place much stock in where someone happens to be born or reside, but more in their character. Plenty of good and bad British folk, just like anywhere else.

It's their politics I don't like. As I've said numerous times on this thread, a lot of them are demeaning to Scotland.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

When all folk have to compare them to is an unbroken chain from Blair to Johnson, anyone who is not one of them almost wins by default.

Blair and Johnson are odious individuals as are most of the British establishment. IMO.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

The one party state line was bollocks though eh?

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, jonesy said:

The thing I’ve grown quite comfortable with over the past 7+ years is that people can be proudly Scottish and want to remain part of the UK. 

Totally agree and I have friends and family who fit that description. 👍🏻

The important distinction for me is between those who are constructively critical about things and those who flat out slag off our own country and people. The latter aren’t proud to be Scottish imo.

7 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

I take my hat off to you Jim but alas your intelligent rational non abusive debate is wasted in those you are engaging with. The snp can not be criticised in any way, if so you are some sort of flag waving, britnat mcgammon house jock. 😂 whatever that is. 

Roxy Hearts
35 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I take my hat off to you Jim but alas your intelligent rational non abusive debate is wasted in those you are engaging with. The snp can not be criticised in any way, if so you are some sort of flag waving, britnat mcgammon house jock. 😂 whatever that is. 

Your condescending tone is in keeping with other aspects of British behaviour and criticise the SNP all you want. 

31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

The hoose jock is a new one… 
it would appear you are correct. 
Roxy appears to have an issue with anything that isn’t a pure brand of Scots and anything British is wrong, at the same time this view point isn’t in any way racist.

The mighty Thor, I’m sure I could find another name for him Just abuses any one who’s shares a  view he doesn’t agree with, which is any that points out SNP failures. 
The thread is about SNP failures, a party that has splintered and despite all the opportunities has failed to grow support beyond a few percent and is riddled with comedic moments .. 

Alex Kintner
48 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not sure I’d class referring to Scotland as a one party state as intelligent or rational tbf. 😳

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Not sure I’d class referring to Scotland as a one party state as intelligent or rational tbf. 😳

It is at the moment, whilst the SNP are very diverse and a broad church, so to speak. We are governed by one party and dominated by One policy …. The neverendum. 
WestMinster is also one party, similarly due to one issue “Brexit” where large swathes of working class voters wanted “Brexit Done”…

Neither is very helpful, in terms of controlling a govt and has left one party states.. 

27 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Was it Stupid and irrational ? I think compared to who he was dealing with it was a fair enough comment. 

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

It is at the moment, whilst the SNP are very diverse and a broad church, so to speak. We are governed by one party and dominated by One policy …. The neverendum. 
WestMinster is also one party, similarly due to one issue “Brexit” where large swathes of working class voters wanted “Brexit Done”…

Neither is very helpful, in terms of controlling a govt and has left one party states.. 

I get where you’re coming but by definition we’re not a one state country. We have democratic elections where any party can be voted for and there’s no barriers (legal or illegal) to any party forming a government.

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Putting aside the puerile, offensive patter of HJ, would it be fair to assume that, as a fairly regular contributor to a thread about another political party, that Johnson and pals are living sans rent in Thor's?

I love the irony of the rent free comments on this thread. 😂

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Was it Stupid and irrational ? I think compared to who he was dealing with it was a fair enough comment. 

It’s factually incorrect though and a bit daft when you compare Scotland to genuine one party states around the world and through history.

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s factually incorrect though and a bit daft when you compare Scotland to genuine one party states around the world and through history.

He wasn’t really comparing them though. Regardless it was only a word used to make his point. Interesting that in the middle of the abuse getting chucked about you pick up on that. It serves to make his point even more, I say that knowing you’re not most vocal snp supporter on here. 

Any criticism of the snp is immediately met with abuse and whataboutary. Not a single interest in actually judging how they are actually running the country.  

Weakened Offender
56 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

The hoose jock is a new one… 
it would appear you are correct. 
Roxy appears to have an issue with anything that isn’t a pure brand of Scots and anything British is wrong, at the same time this view point isn’t in any way racist.

The mighty Thor, I’m sure I could find another name for him Just abuses any one who’s shares a  view he doesn’t agree with, which is any that points out SNP failures. 
The thread is about SNP failures, a party that has splintered and despite all the opportunities has failed to grow support beyond a few percent and is riddled with comedic moments .. 

This thread is about debating what are precepted to be SNP failures. If the Hoose Jocks don't like not having it all their own way and want to indulge themselves 'big petted lip-style' then that's up to  them. 😉

Edited by Weakened Offender

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

He wasn’t really comparing them though. Regardless it was only a word used to make his point. Interesting that in the middle of the abuse getting chucked about you pick up on that. It serves to make his point even more, I say that knowing you’re not most vocal snp supporter on here. 

Any criticism of the snp is immediately met with abuse and whataboutary. Not a single interest in actually judging how they are actually running the country.  

I think both ‘sides’ can be quick to jump to abuse and whataboutery and operate in absolutes. 

I’m a solid SNP voter but my eyes are wide open in terms of their failings too. You’ve got to be able to look at these things constructively and see more than one angle. Praise where it’s due and criticism where it’s due. 

jack D and coke

What are they doing to the country though? You’ll get people on here that complain we give bus passes to younger ones but demand we spend more money on junkies which i just find hilarious. It’s probably the SNP’s fault they’re junkies as some people claim that’s the only people who vote for them😂Then theyll back up govts that won’t feed bairns at schools or take £20 off UC claimants meaning that actually can’t survive on the money they get. Spend mare oan junkies and alkies I demand it 🤣Twats like Andrew Bowie claiming we’ll all start driving to Berwick in transit vans to fill our vans with brain damage cheap cider then have a go at the snp for not dealing with alcohol abuse😂but of an oxymoron from the eye liner loving nonce. 
They’ll be middle aged thick twats going on about education despite all the kids I know from my own family to friends being clever and extremely well educated. They’re all much better educated than my generation imo. It’s the nay sayers that are the thickos but they want to denigrate the place. 
Is everything perfect well it never is but evidence enough yesterday was the state some got themselves into about some witches getting a pardon, some words in Parliament was all it was after a 2 year campaign by a QC to get said pardon and I seen it on here, loads of it on twitter (where brain cripples were saying the Scottish govt shouldn’t be going on about witches but instead be doing something about rising. fuel prices-this is what you’re dealing with saying education is poor now) and just turn a blind eye to levels of incompetence, corruption and bare faced lies never before seen in a British govt. 

It probably looks like i defend them a lot when in reality I’m not a huge fan at all. The hypocrisy just boils my water though. They’re not above criticism and some of the stuff they’ve done the named person, this gender reform bill, the hate crimes thing I really didn’t like the sound of but sometimes it’s just ridiculous. Baseless nonsense from the hoose jock media to their head injured readership. 
And I do like the term “hoose jock” it seems to rustle jimmys ☺️

Jeffros Furios
15 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

This thread is about debating what are precepted to be SNP failures. If the Hoose Jocks don't like not having it all their own way and want to indulge themselves 'big petted lip-style' then that's up to  them. 😉

Morning Vinny .

32 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Please explain what a hoose jock is… is it rhyming slang or something else ?