The rise and fall of The SNP.

27 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

All of them are sleazy. It's about picking the least worst! The SNP are not warmongering imperialists and don't trash talk Scotland.

What's led you to form the opinion that the current UK Govt are war mongering imperialists? 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

What's led you to form the opinion that the current UK Govt are war mongering imperialists? 

Ken Clarke said Gove would have Britain invading countries left right and centre if he ever got power. He’s one for sure. 
Imagine Patel too being a bit ruthless maybe I’m wrong. Johnson I honestly can’t think what he might think about anything that isn’t somebody else’s thoughts or what way the wind blows. If he thought war would get him some popularity you better believe we’d be baw deep in a foreign conflict. 
British companies makes billions selling arms to murderous regimes like the Saudis. 
Britain is world famous for loving war. 

Edited by jack D and coke

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ken Clarke said Gove would have Britain invading countries left right and centre if he ever got power. He’s one for sure. 
Imagine Patel too being a bit ruthless maybe I’m wrong. Johnson I honestly can’t think what he might think about anything that isn’t somebody else’s thoughts or what way the wind blows. If he thought war would get him some popularity you better believe we’d be baw deep in a foreign conflict. 
British companies makes billions selling arms to murderous regimes like the Saudis. 
Britain is world famous for loving war. 

Respectfully though, those are thoughts, not actions, at least insofar as the Govt are concerned.

jack D and coke
Just now, Jonkel Hoon said:

Respectfully though, those are thoughts, not actions, at least insofar as the Govt are concerned.

Yeah fair enough. What about the brexiteers? Can’t have a European army I mean what if we wanted to go to war with someone? 
I agree with your reply in that it’s thoughts but Britain and unionists love war and thoughts of Britain threatening countries and waving our willy about. 
An indy Scotland? What kind of army and how many bombs, guns and planes will we have. 

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Would I not be a nationalist if it was my belief but I never voted?

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah fair enough. What about the brexiteers? Can’t have a European army I mean what if we wanted to go to war with someone? 
I agree with your reply in that it’s thoughts but Britain and unionists love war and thoughts of Britain threatening countries and waving our willy about. 
An indy Scotland? What kind of army and how many bombs, guns and planes will we have. 

If in NATO, a lot. And we will be in NATO because that's the reality of it.

Unknown user
Just now, JamboX2 said:

If in NATO, a lot. And we will be in NATO because that's the reality of it.

I think we should side with the Chinese

12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Would I not be a nationalist if it was my belief but I never voted?

You can be what you want to be and think how you like. Point is that's you and you.

JD&Cs thoughts were his, but about others. I could think you're 7ft tall, but it doesn't make it so

In terms of UK Govt actions, they did want to go into Syria IIRC, but the UK Parliament kicked that into touch.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

You can be what you want to be and think how you like. Point is that's you and you.

JD&Cs thoughts were his, but about others. I could think you're 7ft tall, but it doesn't make it so

In terms of UK Govt actions, they did want to go into Syria IIRC, but the UK Parliament kicked that into touch.

But if you think pro-empire thoughts you're an imperialist, right?

You'd certainly call me a nationalist for having pro independence thoughts, right?

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

But if you think pro-empire thoughts you're an imperialist, right?

You'd certainly call me a nationalist for having pro independence thoughts, right?

Agreed. Although  I was referring  to the warmongering part, but admittedly I could have been clearer.

2 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Who mentioned the current government? Are they selling arms to anyone?

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Who mentioned the current government? Are they selling arms to anyone?

No one bud. Have a good day. I'm away to get pished 👍

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Agreed. Although  I was referring  to the warmongering part, but admittedly I could have been clearer.

I think they were talking about the Tories in general, and you can't have an empire without monging a few wars!

SG reach a deal to end parking charges at the remaining PFI hospitals (still to confirm the ERI). Great news for NHS staff and the family and friends of patients. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

SG reach a deal to end parking charges at the remaining PFI hospitals (still to confirm the ERI). Great news for NHS staff and the family and friends of patients. 

Ground braking stuff. :rofl:

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well yeah, it'll save staff a fortune over time and remove a barrier to the poor visiting sick relatives.

You said your wife works for the NHS, how can you possibly be dickish about this? How is this anything other than a positive?

29 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It sure is, one more example of the SG looking after the people of Scotland and taking another step to mitigate the disaster of PFI. I was going to say that your poor spelling makes you look like a fool but most of your posts do that anyway 

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Still should have some sort of ticketing to stop parking for reasons other than visits /work to hospital.

Shouldnt be hard to implement.

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Still should have some sort of ticketing to stop parking for reasons other than visits /work to hospital.

Shouldnt be hard to implement.

Agree 100%

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

If you’re going to attempt to make a fool out of someone I’d suggest you learn a bit more about spelling and grammar in order to avoid looking like a tit. 

Thanks I'll bear it in mind. It's what happens when you try to rush things. How are things in utopia Mr Perfect? 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, XB52 said:

It sure is, one more example of the SG looking after the people of Scotland and taking another step to mitigate the disaster of PFI. I was going to say that your poor spelling makes you look like a fool but most of your posts do that anyway 

Is that all you've got a miss-spelt word. You think what they've done is even worth mentioning. I suppose it just shows the pathetically low bar nationalist fanatics have set for the SNP. Oh and as an aside how much are they paying to make this happen? They (SNP) provided £26+ million to NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde to pay off their parking contracts. So how much for the ERI will the tax  payer have to stump up in addition? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

PFI. Yet another Tory scheme to rob the tax payer and line the pockets of their mates. 

Well done Holyrood. Charging patients, visitors and staff to park at hospitals is profiteering at its most despicable level. 

It was Gordon Brown or Labour in general that set that PFI deal up. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

17 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is that all you've got a miss-spelt word. You think what they've done is even worth mentioning. I suppose it just shows the pathetically low bar nationalist fanatics have set for the SNP. Oh and as an aside how much are they paying to make this happen? They (SNP) provided £26+ million to NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde to pay off their parking contracts. So how much for the ERI will the tax  payer have to stump up in addition? 

You really are a parody of the foaming at the mouth britnat every time the SG do something to help the people of Scotland. Keep it up 😂😂

23 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Thanks I'll bear it in mind. It's what happens when you try to rush things. How are things in utopia Mr Perfect? 

I actually thought it was a play on words due to the issue involving parked cars 🤣

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You really are a parody of the foaming at the mouth britnat every time the SG do something to help the people of Scotland. Keep it up 😂😂

So how much are the tax payers going to have to shell out for all this free parking? 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I actually thought it was a play on words due to the issue involving parked cars 🤣

Nah just in a hurry and missed a letter out. Wish I'd thought pun though. 😄

Ron Burgundy
8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You really need to get a new go to insult.

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Nah just in a hurry and missed a letter out. Wish I'd thought pun though. 😄

🤣 

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

You really need to get a new go to insult.

If the cap fits. I'll continue to call out the brain dead britnats who just can't stand the SG helping the people of Scotland. If you don't like it, have a word with the brain dead britnats, or put me on ignore. Glad to help 

Ron Burgundy
31 minutes ago, XB52 said:

If the cap fits. I'll continue to call out the brain dead britnats who just can't stand the SG helping the people of Scotland. If you don't like it, have a word with the brain dead britnats, or put me on ignore. Glad to help 

You're not helping anyone, least of all yourself. You just seem angry and bitter.

Can I ask what the definition of a Britnat is?

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So how much are the tax payers going to have to shell out for all this free parking? 

Who cares? This stuff is the very core of what the government should be providing for people. I'd have universal free public transport too and I'd target your pockets directly for moaning

Unknown user
7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

If you’re going to attempt to make a fool out of someone I’d suggest you learn a bit more about spelling and grammar in order to avoid looking like a tit. 

My grammar's terrible. She just lies in bed all day.

Savage Vince
9 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Can I ask what the definition of a Britnat is?

Arrogant, hypocritical, angry, racist, anti-democratic, self-loathing, bullying, hate-filled, dishonest, xenophobic, flag-shagging, p/t George Galloway supporting, tea-towel wearing, WW2 fanatical, women-hating, statue-guarding BBC licence - paying sad acts. 👍

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Free dental treatment announced for under 26s. Well done SNP. 

👏

Very good, hope Seymour's paying for it

1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

Arrogant, hypocritical, angry, racist, anti-democratic, self-loathing, bullying, hate-filled, dishonest, xenophobic, flag-shagging, p/t George Galloway supporting, tea-towel wearing, WW2 fanatical, women-hating, statue-guarding BBC licence - paying sad acts. 👍

Wow.

Extremist alert.

10 hours ago, XB52 said:

Do you not live abroad?

Ron Burgundy
9 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

That sort of person only exists in your head WO. :thumbs_up:

Ron Burgundy
9 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Free dental treatment announced for under 26s. Well done SNP. 

👏

Everything's free with this lot 😆.

And why stop at 26, why not for life.

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Everything's free with this lot 😆.

And why stop at 26, why not for life.

Correct. What do you think should be prioritised over healthcare for the human beings? Trident? HS2?

Ron Burgundy
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Correct. What do you think should be prioritised over healthcare for the human beings? Trident? HS2?

I think everyone should have some personal responsibility for all aspects of their life including looking after their own health care.

Why was this not brought in years ago along with their abolishing the council tax pledge?

I personally believe the SNP are in blind panic mode and will promise anything to anyone for a vote regardless of the ridiculousness of their promises.

And I am not against independence cos my pension is getting doubled. The SNP said so on a billboard during the last elections. I'm going to be rolling in it.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think everyone should have some personal responsibility for all aspects of their life including looking after their own health care.

Why was this not brought in years ago along with their abolishing the council tax pledge?

I personally believe the SNP are in blind panic mode and will promise anything to anyone for a vote regardless of the ridiculousness of their promises.

And I am not against independence cos my pension is getting doubled. The SNP said so on a billboard during the last elections. I'm going to be rolling in it.

It should be more than doubled, our state pension's pathetic.

Of course people should be responsible for their healthcare, why does it have to be something only those with money can get though, especially with all the poverty in the UK?

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Now how would you know that if you've just joined?

Probably read the board for years but just started posting. That old chestnut. 

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It should be more than doubled, our state pension's pathetic.

Of course people should be responsible for their healthcare, why does it have to be something only those with money can get though, especially with all the poverty in the UK?

If it should be more than doubled why don't the SNP triple it? It's not like they need an economic plan to do it.

Health care should be free for those that need it. Not 26 year olds living at home on the XBOX all day and cant be arsed working. Same for very well off 26 year olds, they don't need state handouts.