The rise and fall of The SNP.

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Giving up on Independence and just being a pro-Scottish party would be good for the SNP and Scotland as a whole.

Indeed it would 

but our resident auld face painting - kilt wearing - proclaimer loving cult won’t be happy 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

I'm sure our resident britnats would love the SNP to give up their reason for existing but I'm afraid it's not going to happen until independence is achieved. Cling on to your comfort blankets all you want if it helps you sleep at night. 

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Giving up on Independence and just being a pro-Scottish party would be good for the SNP and Scotland as a whole.

Yes, it would show that they were capable of modernising and adapting their views to the current times.  Every other party does this but the SNP are stuck with this dogma that is the answer to every problem and every issue. It transcends everything and is unhealthy for the country.  They were previously vehemently against the EU, NATO etc, so they have moved on some issues.  

Unknown user
4 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

:laugh2:  what utter claptrap, giving up on the reason they exist would be good for them?

See the absolute shite you lot come out with sometimes, bloody hell!

Unknown user

Honestly, away making my morning coffee and literally chuckling to myself - the resident unionist brains trust think the SNP should give up on an independent Scotland :laugh2:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just look at the condition he left Delaware in. 

Look at the nick he's left you in!

47 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Honestly, away making my morning coffee and literally chuckling to myself - the resident unionist brains trust think the SNP should give up on an independent Scotland :laugh2:

They've totally given up on the upcoming election and are now in total desperation. Absolutely hilarious to see

manaliveits105

yip thats support for snp and indy slip sliding away 

as well as panel base a recent FT independent survey on indy shows 46% yes 45% no 9 % dont know 

The snp will be foolish to risk it - lose and in effect have no reason left to exist - we will just get some pavement dancing from them .

MOST RECENT HOLYROOD PROJECTION

Projection-120421.png?resize=678%2C381&s
POLLING AND PROJECTIONS

Poll Analysis: Panelbase 9th – 12th of April 2021

In a second post-Alba outing for Panelbase, they continue to be the outlier in finding notable levels of support, whilst the SNP fall short of a majority and Independence squeaks a narrow lead. […]

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

as well as panel base a recent FT independent survey on indy shows 46% yes 45% no 9 % dont know 

The snp will be foolish to risk it - lose and in effect have no reason left to exist - we will just get some pavement dancing from them .

POLLING AND PROJECTIONS

In a second post-Alba outing for Panelbase, they continue to be the outlier in finding notable levels of support, whilst the SNP fall short of a majority and Independence squeaks a narrow lead. […]

They should just stop being into independence eh? 🤣

indianajones
45 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

POLLING AND PROJECTIONS

Aberdeenshire isn't a surprise. 

White settlers everywhere.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

They don't actually want an independent Scotland. They want a Scotland beholden to Brussels in a federal Europe. The fact is they have had 14 years to get Scotland into a viable economic position to make this version of independence feasible and have completely failed to do so as well as losing a referendum 7 years ago on the Issue. Their claims of Brexit being a material change are completely false. The only material change would be a Scotland having to find the excess on tax revenue 15bn a year they currently receive in an economy in freefall post separation. The SNP live vicariously on English goodwill and are proven lousy at managing Scotland and as we have found out recently are corrupt to the core. The last thing you will ever get from them is the truth. 

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They don't actually want an independent Scotland. They want a Scotland beholden to Brussels in a federal Europe. The fact is they have had 14 years to get Scotland into a viable economic position to make this version of independence feasible and have completely failed to do so as well as losing a referendum 7 years ago on the Issue. Their claims of Brexit being a material change are completely false. The only material change would be a Scotland having to find the excess on tax revenue 15bn a year they currently receive in an economy in freefall post separation. The SNP live vicariously on English goodwill and are proven lousy at managing Scotland and as we have found out recently are corrupt to the core. The last thing you will ever get from them is the truth. 

Lol

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Look at the nick he's left you in!

I'm in excellent health mentally and physically thanks.  That's the second time in recent days I've seen you suggest something along these lines to a poster you disagree with. Perhaps it's you, Smithee, who is in knots. 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm in excellent health mentally and physically thanks.  That's the second time in recent days I've seen you suggest something along these lines to a poster you disagree with. Perhaps it's you, Smithee, who is in knots. 

Aye that must be it 👍 

Sleepy Joe, **** me!

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye that must be it 👍 

Sleepy Joe, **** me!

Give him a nudge (to wake him up) and he might. 

I’ll be honest I had pretty much given up hope of independence with the SNP leading the charge until

alba came along and gave me a jolt in the arm. Still have my doubts that the SNP and Sturgeon truly want independence as what ever the result this will see the end to their comfy positions.  Honestly think they are happy being the rebel party to the big union and the thought of actually going through with it gives them the fear. 

That’s why we need someone like Alex Salmond on board. Proven track record of actually getting Indy refs on the table. 

This has to happen sooner rather than later. The longer this question lingers on the more divided we become. There is reason for another Indy ref - let’s just ****ing be having it. 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Give him a nudge (to wake him up) and he might. 

Wahey!

Keep that quality up and I'll start paying you a bit more attention

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Wahey!

Keep that quality up and I'll start paying you a bit more attention

I'm not sure you have an attention span worth taking seriously. 

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm not sure you have an attention span worth taking seriously. 

Mate that's about the weakest insult I've ever seen, you gave me such hope too!

Ah well, back to angry, poorly informed, right wing nonsense it is then

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I think you might be referring to the comments made by Cat Boyd at 30m onwards from here https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000vg5t/the-campaign-2021-19042021

I agree with you, in that Cat Boyd seems quite critical of the SNP throughout the programme, in reference to the ability and trustworthiness of NS and the SNP to deliver Scottish independence., at any stage whatsoever, as they seem to be delaying the issue instead of focussing on the issue.  Was CB's point. IMO

Yes the issue was about the SNP delaying any ref deliberately . Ofcourse  they will they know when push cones to shove on the day people will

Vote No and the gravy train ends there and hen . Like I said before Boris will agree to a ref but on the priviso we don’t have another for a significant length of time. Nicola and co will be well out of it by then . 

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

POLLING AND PROJECTIONS

Yes if there is an Indy vote it won’t be for another Couple years I feel 

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes if there is an Indy vote it won’t be for another Couple years I feel 

I think most reasonable people would assume it'll be 2yrs down the line. I'd prefer to see it in 2024 myself giving 10yrs between referendums. 

I think that the SNP need to sort out internal issues/concerns over MP/MSP behaviour and build the case for Indie over time. The establishment of a Scottish reserve bank needs to be accelerated. 

jambos are go!
17 hours ago, gjcc said:

Under the comedy section?

NO. Check it out on the I player or ask an Alba supporter. Or read the confirmations on this thread.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Mate that's about the weakest insult I've ever seen, you gave me such hope too!

Ah well, back to angry, poorly informed, right wing nonsense it is then

You are a very strange angry little boy. :facepalm:

Swahili Jambo
On 09/04/2021 at 18:40, JackLadd said:

A shithole would be a 15bn black hole and separation depression forcing mass unemployment and collapse of the economy. But let's have an el Presidente Salmond with a license to grope by all means. Will make the grinding hardship bearable to know one guy is getting his end off while the serfs are enjoying the fruits of an all new singing and dancing super progressive on the bones of its erse iScroteland.

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Mysterion said:

I think most reasonable people would assume it'll be 2yrs down the line. I'd prefer to see it in 2024 myself giving 10yrs between referendums. 

I think that the SNP need to sort out internal issues/concerns over MP/MSP behaviour and build the case for Indie over time. The establishment of a Scottish reserve bank needs to be accelerated. 

Agreed . Jezz it would be then 10 years from the last one really if 2024 ! 

Why is she always angry nowadays? 

It comes across like she's fed up having to defend herself and we should all just accept what she says

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Candy said:

Why is she always angry nowadays? 

It comes across like she's fed up having to defend herself and we should all just accept what she says

Shes been used to the daily briefings were she hasn't been effectively challenged and been left along to ramble incessantly ( sometimes off the subject of covid) and now is struggling with actually being challenged by other politicians and scrutinized. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Shes been used to the daily briefings were she hasn't been effectively challenged and been left along to ramble incessantly ( sometimes off the subject of covid) and now is struggling with actually being challenged by other politicians and scrutinized. 

Probably true. 

I've also noticed that when under pressure she throws in a few buzz phrases like "unpreeeecedented times", "theres been a GLOBAL PANDEMIC" and "I've been dealing with COVID  every day"

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Candy said:

Probably true. 

I've also noticed that when under pressure she throws in a few buzz phrases like "unpreeeecedented times", "theres been a GLOBAL PANDEMIC" and "I've been dealing with COVID  every day"

Yes its called deflection and not taking responsibility. Shes a master or indeed a mistress at that. 

21 minutes ago, Candy said:

Probably true. 

She didn't look under pressure to me . Propbably getting a bit frustrated at the poor level of jibes, coming her way....and it was the Labour bloke who reverted to reminding everyone, we're in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.... and thousands have died. 

Finger on the pulse. :mw_rolleyes:

heartstastic

I'm not in any way political as politicians epecially in this day and age are nothing more than paid liars. This guys has some strong opnions on the SNP and if what he says is true should give pause for thought for anyone voting for them.

14 minutes ago, felix said:

She didn't look under pressure to me . Propbably getting a bit frustrated at the poor level of jibes, coming her way....and it was the Labour bloke who reverted to reminding everyone, we're in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.... and thousands have died. 

Finger on the pulse. :mw_rolleyes:

You don't think she comes over as cross there? Fair enough.

The buzz phrases weren't verbatim and restricted to one interview.  

Unknown user
48 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

I'm not in any way political as politicians epecially in this day and age are nothing more than paid liars. This guys has some strong opnions on the SNP and if what he says is true should give pause for thought for anyone voting for them.

"Truly demonic"

Ffs mate

heartstastic
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You posted it, you want people to see it. It's a crock of shit and a sign of desperation.

A sign of desperation of what?. I don't vote or have any affliliation with partys or politics..it's like turkeys voting for Christmas. However if the prominent party in this country are supporting some of the things stated in the video and article. then it should be brought into the open and discussed. Treat it as a hypothetical question then. Would you be comfortable with the age of consent being lowered to 10 years of age?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

A sign of desperation of what?. I don't vote or have any affliliation with partys or politics..it's like turkeys voting for Christmas. However if the prominent party in this country are supporting some of the things stated in the video and article. then it should be brought into the open and discussed. Treat it as a hypothetical question then. Would you be comfortable with the age of consent being lowered to 10 years of age?

Is that what the SNP plan is it, or is it bullshit?

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, heartstastic said:

About time people spoke out 

9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I’ll be honest I had pretty much given up hope of independence with the SNP leading the charge until

alba came along and gave me a jolt in the arm. Still have my doubts that the SNP and Sturgeon truly want independence as what ever the result this will see the end to their comfy positions.  Honestly think they are happy being the rebel party to the big union and the thought of actually going through with it gives them the fear. 

That’s why we need someone like Alex Salmond on board. Proven track record of actually getting Indy refs on the table. 

This has to happen sooner rather than later. The longer this question lingers on the more divided we become. There is reason for another Indy ref - let’s just ****ing be having it. 

Couldn't agree more. 

Shit or get off the pot Sturge. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Is that what the SNP plan is it, or is it bullshit?

Bullshit?

It's the bat shit craziest thing ever posted and believed not just by one or two on here, but across the whole history of the Internet.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Bullshit?

It's the bat shit craziest thing ever posted and believed not just by one or two on here, but across the whole history of the Internet.

"I'm not saying that's what happened I'm just asking the questions" it's a great way to avoid taking responsibility for propagating fanciful bollocks.

dobmisterdobster
15 hours ago, Smithee said:

:laugh2:  what utter claptrap, giving up on the reason they exist would be good for them?

See the absolute shite you lot come out with sometimes, bloody hell!

The CAQ won a landslide in Quebec on a pro-French, anti-independence manifesto.

If independence fails again in Scotland, this might be the future.

Unknown user
43 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The CAQ won a landslide in Quebec on a pro-French, anti-independence manifesto.

If independence fails again in Scotland, this might be the future.

No it won't, the SNP will fight for independence or lose its support

Edited by Smithee