The rise and fall of The SNP.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

He can't answer a simple question so that makes me a bigot😁😁😁😁

It's not my refusal to pander to your nationalist paranoia that makes you a bigot, buddy. Just so we're clear on that. 👍

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

For any future referendums, always hate-filled and divisive as we know, it should require 2 votes. First vote, question set by the electoral commission,  asks whether negotiations should be opened with EU, UK, whoever. The 2nd vote ratifies or not, the exact terms on which we would cease partnership. No Santa Wish Lists about currency,  costs etc. That's democratic and the people decide. You agree??

Where were you when  that pig shagging kvunt Cameron was prepping the Brexit referendum?

Just to clarify, referendums needn't be hate filled...The last couple were influenced by bampots on either side...

58 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I could easily answer any question that you may care to ask.

The trouble is:

a) can I be arsed on such a busy day?

b) Can I can couch my answer in such terms that my inquisitor may have a chance of understanding without risk of an aneurysm.

I wouldn't want that on my concience.

No answer yet again, bye

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more bampots on either side imo.

I think there were more bampots on the opposite sides from me.... Bampottery seems to be a super power in referendums...

:levein2:

And yet again may I remind our unionist chums about the topic of this thread. If just one of you could let us know when the fall happened that would be nice

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Barack said:

You still drinking?

Yep...a rather lovely Sangiovese to be followed by Diablo Cabernet sauvignon...Why?

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Barack said:

Good boy. Always had high hopes for you. 

Boy :lol: Unfortunately I could accurately be described as a crusty auld goat these days... :(

Enzo Chiefo
29 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Where were you when  that pig shagging kvunt Cameron was prepping the Brexit referendum?

Just to clarify, referendums needn't be hate filled...The last couple were influenced by bampots on either side...

I was including the Brexit referendum too.  Doesn’t matter if the fantastical claims are written on the side of a bus or tarted up in a White Paper, the principle is the same.

Maybe they shouldn't be divisive..but they are!  Scotland has division and bigotry in it's DNA, constantly fighting about battles from the 14th and 17th centuries. Progressive? My erse. 

The Hogfather
51 minutes ago, XB52 said:

And yet again may I remind our unionist chums about the topic of this thread. If just one of you could let us know when the fall happened that would be nice

Still waiting for you to tell us where you think that missing £20m ended up.

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Still waiting for you to tell us where you think that missing £20m ended up.

Tell you what. You start a thread about it, you can fill it up with the countless posts you have made about this 'missing' £20m that you are fixated about. 

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Tell you what. You start a thread about it, you can fill it up with the countless posts you have made about this 'missing' £20m that you are fixated about. 

So you're not concerned that £20m of UK taxpayer money has just vanished under the watch of the Scottish Government? And you're talking about the need for fiscal autonomy? You're a funny wee chap.

I also see you think 4 posts in 6 hours is "countless". Not showing your mathematical acumen here either. Oops.

Edited by Nunya Business

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

So you're not concerned that £20m of UK taxpayer money has just vanished under the watch of the Scottish Government? And you're talking about the need for fiscal autonomy? You're a funny wee chap.

Seems you are the only one bothered about this mythical £20m so go and start a thread about it. Bye

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

No answer yet again, bye

You'd need to remind me of the question please, buddy. Cheers. 👍

The Hogfather
Just now, XB52 said:

Seems you are the only one bothered about this mythical £20m so go and start a thread about it. Bye

It's a bit hypocritical of you to demand answers to your questions when you seem completely unable to answer questions put to you. Don't you think?

Maroon Sailor

Sturgeon always seems angry in her interviews. Starts nearly every answer with Look

Says she won't work with Salmond citing concerns about his personal conduct and doesn't know what Alba stands for but from what she's seen so far she probably has concerns about that.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

coconut doug
20 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm all for Scotland trialling full fiscal autonomy. Spend what it raises, with borrowing powers. I'll bet Sturgeon wouldn't touch it with a bargepole though. Watch the freebies disappear. 

So you don't support the Barnet formula then. Do you believe in the redistribution of wealth through taxation at all?

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

So you don't support the Barnet formula then. Do you believe in the redistribution of wealth through taxation at all?

with the snps manifesto we will be paying 40% tax to cover all the freebies and spending to balance the books

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

with the snps manifesto we will be paying 40% tax to cover all the freebies and spending to balance the books

You aren't paying more than that already? :(

Edited by Governor Tarkin

15 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

It's a bit hypocritical of you to demand answers to your questions when you seem completely unable to answer questions put to you. Don't you think?

Can't find any source apart from unite Union regarding your £20m but here's our finance minister's response. 

Our business support schemes exceed the consequentials we’ve received, and we’ve gone further to help a number of industries. We will use any funds available in the taxi scheme to deliver a second grant to all recipients of the first £1500 grant.

“This is in response to public comments today about Scot Gov not agreeing to further taxi grants, that’s partly because announcements cannot be made during the pre-election period.”

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Can't find any source apart from unite Union regarding your £20m but here's our finance minister's response. 

Our business support schemes exceed the consequentials we’ve received, and we’ve gone further to help a number of industries. We will use any funds available in the taxi scheme to deliver a second grant to all recipients of the first £1500 grant.

“This is in response to public comments today about Scot Gov not agreeing to further taxi grants, that’s partly because announcements cannot be made during the pre-election period.”

"We can't make any announcements, but here's an announcement anyway."

Very good of her to promise to deal with it if they vote for the SNP, but not before.

coconut doug
22 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it appears to be the case. 

👍

Yes maybe no one is saying " gays are paedophiles" but they are making a hell of a lot of inference that they are. Just in case you dont know most  sexual abuse of children occurs in the " safety" of their family home.  Therefore the abusers are mainly in fact mostly fathers. uncles, brothers etc .  A massively high percentage. Most of those identity as heterosexual. Yes abuse of children by people who identify as gay does happen but certainly not on the scale perpetuated by homophobes. The Jamie Rennie scandal was disgusting. He inveigled his way into straight friends lives to sexually abuse their children. He passed vetting procedures as most clever pedophiles are able to do.  The LGBT have apologized for employing him. What more could they do ?  I assume they have tightened up all their proceedures since then.  The point of all of this was again by that vile SNP woman was to again just stir up intolerance with dangerous stereotypes.  Your following comment says a lot about your view really

" I am surprised though to find females are higher than gay men in this category. Do you think this might be because many of the females might be biological males?  Wheres your evidence for that ? Or you just assuming ?

I agree with you almost totally. The phrase highlighted above i think is crucial. Membership of certain organisations will be seen as routes for access to children and those who are members will have an authority because of their position within that organisation. Football boys clubs come to mind but i wouldn't suggest that those amongst us who have an interest in football are more inclined to abuse children. 

It seems many more than me were surprised at the extent of female sex abuse.https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/female-sex-offenders-more-common-gender-bias-statistics-rape-abuse-a7839361.html  Nevertheless research shows around 5%. If they exceed the number of gay men then that means over 90% of sex offenders are hetero men and that hetero men are almost 20 times more likely to be sex offenders.  Here's alink to the research abstract. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305384459_The_Proportion_of_Sexual_Offenders_Who_Are_Female_Is_Higher_Than_Thought_A_Meta-Analysis

Some biological males who commit sex offences are being classed as females and are being sent to women's prisons. Naturally the Daily mail will confirm this.

As for the woman who presented the info to the Alba conference i think it difficult to see how somebody with her endorsements from the gay community could be accused of deliberately "stirring up intolerance with dangerous stereotypes" Her attack was made on the SNP for funding an organisation that was a signatory to a a charter advocating a reduction in the age of consent. This was done in the context of the absolutely bewildering GRA which is damaging the prospects for Indy.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

. This was done in the context of the absolutely bewildering GRA which is damaging the prospects for Indy.

I completely agree about this issue. Yes and I would also agree that the higher levels of " female " offenders are in part due to transwomen. The SNP Has got itself into a pickle with the GRA.  They are forgetting and ignoring women's based sex rights which is a great concern.. As for the abuse issues.? Abuse thrives in any area / institution were some people have power and authority over others such as the church..children's homes/ old peoples homes/ prisons etc.  I think Rennie mainly abused children of friends he met through his work and not actual young people who were seeking support and guidance about their sexuality. Not that its much difference  really.  But I am often amazed how some parents can let adults look after their children whom they might not know very well. Its not victim blaming but Ive always advised parents I have worked with " you cant be too careful when placing " their own children in the care of others. Of course there has to be some level of trust in other people and their motives or we wouldn't let our children out. Its a careful balancing act. 

28 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

"We can't make any announcements, but here's an announcement anyway."

Very good of her to promise to deal with it if they vote for the SNP, but not before.

As I thought, it doesn't matter what I reply, your mind is closed. Well at least I tried to answer your question. Now can you try and answer mine? Just to remind you. Pubs open in England is a good news story. Pubs open in Scotland is a bad news story (at least according to BBC Scotland). Does this not show inherent bias in their reporting or can you explain it away 

The Hogfather
Just now, XB52 said:

As I thought, it doesn't matter what I reply, your mind is closed. Well at least I tried to answer your question. Now can you try and answer mine? Just to remind you. Pubs open in England is a good news story. Pubs open in Scotland is a bad news story (at least according to BBC Scotland). Does this not show inherent bias in their reporting or can you explain it away 

You're getting me confused with someone else. I couldn't care less about your perceived grievance with the BBC. I'm surprised, however, that you believe that tweet from Kate Forbes comes even close to answering the question about the missing £20m.

You're getting me confused with someone else. I couldn't care less about your perceived grievance with the BBC. I'm surprised, however, that you believe that tweet from Kate Forbes comes even close to answering the question about the missing £20m.

You are the one that stuck your nose into my conversation by going on and on and on about your mythical missing £20m. I foolishly tried to humour you but as I thought, was totally wasting my time. Good luck with your search for the money

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

You are the one that stuck your nose into my conversation by going on and on and on about your mythical missing £20m. I foolishly tried to humour you but as I thought, was totally wasting my time. Good luck with your search for the money

Ah, of course. Because it involves your particular political party, it's mythical. That's a good insight into your psyche. You definitely portray the victim very well here. You're right about one thing though, you're certainly foolish.

manaliveits105

Its only ever the snp I hear with the Oliver Twist can I have some more its not enough stuff - I would imagine all the grants were split evenly and  proportionately throughout the UK - does any other country or regions finance ministers/councillors moan constantly ?

Konrad von Carstein
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Its only ever the snp I hear with the Oliver Twist can I have some more its not enough stuff - I would imagine all the grants were split evenly and  proportionately throughout the UK - does any other country or regions finance ministers/councillors moan constantly ?

I think the Northern England mayors are pretty vocal on the subject of funding etc...

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You're getting me confused with someone else. I couldn't care less about your perceived grievance with the BBC. 

'Percieved' being the key word.

25 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm surprised, however, that you believe that tweet from Kate Forbes comes even close to answering the question about the missing £20m.

I'm surprised that you're surprised.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I think the Northern England mayors are pretty vocal on the subject of funding etc...

And so they should be. 👍

Roxy Hearts
48 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The SNP's job is stand up for Scotland! All it's asking for is more of our own money. Can you imagine unionist parties defending Scotland? That's why we don't want them in administration in the Scottish Government. They're subservient to their Westminster masters much like you.

Why does England need the union? Genuine question.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

And so they should be. 👍

Yep... As should our government and councils 👍

I was responding to our resident grenade chuckers insinuation that Scot Gov is the only administration that asks for its fair share of fiscal support.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

The Hogfather
47 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The SNP's job is stand up for Scotland! All it's asking for is more of our own money. Can you imagine unionist parties defending Scotland? That's why we don't want them in administration in the Scottish Government. They're subservient to their Westminster masters much like you.

Why does England need the union? Genuine question.

Hypothetical for you here. Say you give your child £100 to spend and they only spend £50. What do you say/do if they ask for another £100? Do you ask why they want more when they've still got the money you gave them?

Konrad von Carstein
38 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Hypothetical for you here. Say you give your child £100 to spend and they only spend £50. What do you say/do if they ask for another £100? Do you ask why they want more when they've still got the money you gave them?

Soooo.. . Scotland is the child getting pocket money in this ahem, precious Union of Equals?

:cornette:

🍭

Roxy Hearts
45 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

What? 

The Hogfather
13 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Soooo.. . Scotland is the child getting pocket money in this ahem, precious Union of Equals?

:cornette:

🍭

Settle down. The Scottish Government underspent its budget by nearly half a billion pounds last financial year. Roxy believes the SNP are right to ask for more money for Scotland when it's not even close to using the budget it's actually given.

Since Holyrood is issued a budget from Westminster, the analogy is correct.

7 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What? 

See above.

Konrad von Carstein
10 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Settle down. The Scottish Government underspent its budget by nearly half a billion pounds last financial year. Roxy believes the SNP are right to ask for more money for Scotland when it's not even close to using the budget it's actually given.

Since Holyrood is issued a budget from Westminster, the analogy is correct.

See above.

No, the anolgy is unsulting, but you know that, and that it possibly plays to a particular gallery on this thread, which you also know.

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

No, the anolgy is unsulting, but you know that, and that it possibly plays to a particular gallery on this thread, which you also know.

No worries, I'd hate to get in the way of your grievance here. Perhaps you'll be able to answer why the SNP needs further borrowing powers when it doesn't take advantage of those they already have. Good afternoon to you.

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Correct. Does my head in when unionists pontificate arrogant nonsense as if Scotland contributes nothing. If we need money for our citizens we should receive it in this union of equals! 

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Correct. Does my head in when unionists pontificate arrogant nonsense as if Scotland contributes nothing. If we need money for our citizens we should receive it in this union of equals! 

If there is such a need, why does the Scottish Government not take advantage of the borrowing powers it currently has?

Roxy Hearts

If there is such a need, why does the Scottish Government not take advantage of the borrowing powers it currently has?

Why borrow when Westminster has our money and that's the point. We only get a budget from our own pot!

The Hogfather
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Why borrow when Westminster has our money and that's the point. We only get a budget from our own pot!

So you don't actually have an answer to my question then. That's what I expected, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

They do use their borrowing powers. No doubt if they were reckless with them, you'd use that to beat them over the head with. 

manaliveits105

Brainwashed by the cult they actually think there is a big pot of Scottish money somewhere 

maybe Deek took it though.

GettyImages-1180980549-1160x773.jpg

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

So you don't actually have an answer to my question then. That's what I expected, thanks.

I just answered it. Why borrow when we have our own money in this equal partnership! I can't help it if you don't like the answer.